Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

There's some harsh comments in this thread. I think what people need to realise is that this is Aarons first comp....give him a friggin break! Be positive and give constructive cristism, but keep the negativity out of this thread!
    Talk about a downer, when I read some of these comments it makes me angry! If I were in the same room as some of you, you would have it!

Renegade jew will be back

NOVICE

Props Aaron, many talk the talk, but you walked it. Not right there were you could be of you buckled down a bit more, but you walked it, next time you might jog it, run it, and who knows eventually SPRINT it

Harsh comments? Yes. But the truth hurts.

I like Aaron. I don't know him that well but he seems like a good guy to me and has had a successful time in being a radio host and person in this industry.

At this point, the 'package' he puts out there is his best selling point at HIS diet and nutrition plans that he sells. I would not hire him.
    The random cheat meals and drinking while traveling....each week or two when I heard this stuff I could hardly believe my ears. I just shook my head. And still thought to myself..'well fuck, maybe he will pull it off and look great?'
    I completely agree with The Big Sexy and Manavs....and not because I work with them, but because they are ON POINT with FACTS.

Aaron, I do hope you learned some things and had fun ofcourse bro but I also hope you attack getting on stage next time with a whole new demeanor and focus, because this obviously did not work out as well as it could have.

I also hope you realize we are not trying to hurt your pride or discourage you in any way..... but to blow smoke up someone's ass... well, that won't help anyone.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
    Give me a break, the guy looks fine.

Let's see, he competed in what .... NOVICE.

Aaron, good job, be proud, learn from this experience and just keep improving.

I have a 19yr old friend which did his own diet and came in more shredded from his first real diet..

And Aaron has Alot of guys that he can go to for help.

So as much as I like Aaron he should have been tighter. Cuts in the legs should have been there, I dont know if anything went wrong or something like that. But I wanted to see him harder =)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Sexy View Post
    The thing is, somewhere along here - people were telling Aaron he looked "on point" and great. I don't know why they would do this - they obviously aren't friends of his... if the standard he has for himself is to be the most conditioned guy in his class.
    I remember Zack Khan explain this was why he never showed up in great shape because Everyone already told him he looked amazing.

When you have a REAL friend, you dont have to go through that because a REAL friend tells you the truth.

How many drinks did aaron have? What was he drinking in the video with dave and PJ? He looked better in the pics before the contest. Did the high carb up and/or the drinks he was having made him spill over/smooth out? I was just wondering. To have started strung out to where he is now is great. He should be very proud of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by barrett View Post
    if you can go from junkie to this in two years, then you got my props. Who gives a shit if you were conditioned or not? You did something 60% of this board won't do. Congrats.

i agree!

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
    So is aaron just totally delusional and thinks that he looked good this whole time and what he was doing was working ??? Because i dont see how someone who goes to so many npc and pro shows and see's what it takes to get onto a bodybuilding stage, then comes in and doesnt even pose correctly.

I suspect Aaron has been treating his online writing and comments about prep as something of an unabashed personal journal that as with many people's lives has lots of contradictions. Plus, I don't think a lot of posters had much faith in the level of competition that this show would bring. That said, I've seen novice classes that he would have won, but this was not one of the 30+ NPC shows in Florida he was prepared to take.
    We do have other competitions that out of the area competitors can jump into though. The Florida State is in two weeks. Then there is the Southeastern USA, All South and a bunch in between. Increasingly, the major muscle media focuses almost exclusively on the national amateur level and pro shows, but there is still plenty of opportunity on the local and regional level to get your ass handed to ya

I'll stick to producing fliers, websites, photo, video and PR(blowing smoke up asses) as truth be told Aaron looks far better than most average folks walking the streets. Props to the big Jew.

Its far too easy to jump in here and hang shit on singerman. But i will say this:

Maybe next time when you have some of the top guys in the industry giving you advice.......dont brush them off with an 'i know what im doing....im a "prep guy" myself' attitude....

probably shouldnt have dropped water and loaded on retarded amounts of carbs. Looked much better when he was up at 27,000000000mgs sodium and plenty o water

RX MEMBER

Props to anyone who gets on stage, but unless he is 100% natty, not impressive at all. Most of my natty friends even have him by 25+ lbs and better conditioning year round.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by -BLP- View Post
    contest dieting it freaking hard,,, good job
    To be honest bro, if he dieted and was spot on with his diet thats even worse. Like I said, the majority of my friends have better conditioning and 25+ lbs on him year round.
    Dosent even look like he dieted for even 2 weeks.

Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Sexy View Post
    I got a slightly different vibe from him. I'm not going to get into it on here - but in any event, I'm disappointed with him. Doing it for shits and giggles or not.

But I will say this - he was doing 3 hours of cardio a day. Toward the end, he was pushing very hard. He definitely expressed a desire to win the novice class and place top 2-3 in the open class. He stated he WOULD BE the most conditioned guy in his class (because he wasn't - and because of my confidence in Aaron - I lost $250 to 5 different people at my gym - yay me-- I now have a double or nothing bet with them - at least this time, I have more control over it).

I love Aaron... he's one of the people I consider a close friend. It is why I wouldn't expect anything less of him to be completely Jew honest with me - regardless of my intentions. If I go to a party and dress up like a clown, with no intention of anyone accepting me for anything but a clown - then I can't get upset when people call me a clown. I don't think Aaron came into this show with the intent to be a clown.

That being said - I did enjoy his posing routine - I found it to be very entertaining. Perhaps if I was AT the show, it would have been a different story... I'm sure I will never hear the end of it not going and I feel bad enough about it.

What gets me Sally is that Aaron is WAY more capable than this. He is WAY better than this.

Ok fuck - I got into it and I said I wasn't going to get into it.
    I agree - I think that if he really set his mind to it, he would have totally kicked ass. I guess I'm looking at it from a different point of view. Considering what he ate, I'm surprised he looks as good as he does. lol

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I agree - I think that if he really set his mind to it, he would have totally kicked ass. I guess I'm looking at it from a different point of view. Considering what he ate, I'm surprised he looks as good as he does. lol
    He looks like your average guy at the gym. Or at least the gym I go to. For him to kick ass he would have needed at LEAST 15-20 lbs more muscle and 15 lbs less fat and water.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Singerman View Post
    I don't have the time or inclination to answer some of these more disturbing and off based posts right now, but I will when I get home. On a more positive note, I had a great time this weekend and am very content with what is another accomplishment in a series of great steps forward in my life.

For my friends and supporters out there, thank you very much for all the comments here and on Facebook! I can't tell you how much your positive vibes and good wishes motivate me!
    I am not a fan nor do I really know you. But I will say this FUCK THE NEGATIVE BULLSHIT that people are dropping in this thread. The fact that you went through the hell that is a pre-contest diet and stepped on stage is a HUGE accomplishment from where you were in your past (from what little I have seen on these threads with your history of drug addiction) you have come a long way dude. You should walk through that crowd of haters with your chin up knowing that you have done what most only talk about.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast