Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ioannou View Post
    bro you have no idea how much this pisses me off....about two weeks ago similar situation...skinny young guy doing curls with god awful form in THE ONE FUCKING SQUAT RACK IN THE ENTIRE GYM!!! so i wait about 5 min...ask him how many more sets he has he replys back a couple i ask if i can work in...i tell him im squating he goes how are you gonna work in then??....now what should be noted is that i have a terrible temper and my training partner starts cringing cause he knows im ready to explode.... i roll my eyes and then i said nicely..you know you can curl just about anywhere you want in here and this is the one and only squat rack..he kinda ignores me..does another set..walks away...at that point i unrack his bar and set it up to squat...he comes back just about starts crying..i told him too bad what are you gonna do about it!!

honestly does gym etiquette exist anymore...not saying what i did was the most mature thing in the world but seriously...its crazy...if someone approaches me asking to work in i dont think i ever said no!!

and another thing when i was a teenager barely weighing 150 i always respected the bigger guys in the gym...not saying im the biggest guy..but if i saw a guy bigger more exprerienced then me i would always show them respect and not get in their way

This ^
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

RX MEMBER

sorry im one of these douche bags. if the free weight area is busy and both the squat racks in my gym are open, im doing curls there. i move pretty fast so i dont take up the rack for too long. but i am guilty of this from time to time. maybe bc i curl a decent amt of weight without swinging its looked past...idk.

as for doing rows, you could havejust set up a bar behind him and done them off the floor. doing that first rep as a full dead is great for the back

Big Barry's Assistant FIREBLAST's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    I walk into the gym today and am kind of in a hurry. I have to get to the school bookstore to buy my kinesiology books before it closes. I fill up my empty gatorade bottle and head over to the squat rack to do barbell rows. Which is a legitimate use for a rack. I don't even pay attention to whats going on over in the corner as I go to tie my shoes.

When I get done I look up and this skinny 19 year old kid is sporting a muscletech t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up doing barbell curls in the fucking rack! I wait patiently because he had two 25's on the bar and I thought this had to be his last set. Fuck no, I was dead wrong. After two sets of watching him air-fuck the bar up to his chest I was pissed. I asked him as nice as I could how many more sets he had left. "A couple" he said. "A couple as in two or three? Whats a couple? I've already burned through two songs in between you looking at your sleeves and playing on your phone".

So at this point I figure out he forgot his tampax pearl this afternoon and skipped his daily dose of blood pressure pills. His face gets red as hell and he takes off out of the corner to the front. Meanwhile he's mumbling whatever douchebags mumble on their way to tattle to the manager. The manager comes over and asks what was going on. I tell him i'd been waiting for 10 minutes to use the rack to row in. He understood right away my frustration when I told him the situation. Then he asked if I knew anything about grabbing his shirt and making rips in the sleeves. At this point I just want to piss all over this kids face. Apparently he told the manager I was harrassing him about "taking too long to curl" and I "grabbed ahold of his sleeves and tried to start a fight".

I laughed about it and the manager walked away and told us to stay away from each other and for the fuck to give me the rack. I go to piss and the little billy-bastard loads the bar back up to 95 lbs again and starts air fucking it for another set! The second I go to tell the manager, this spin instructor comes up to me and basically told me she watched him go in the trainers corner and rip his sleeves himself. I make her tell the manager and the kid gets thrown out. Thank god.

The worthless little piece of money wasting shit got what he deserved. After this whole debacle I look at my watch and 35 minutes had passed by. That little piss ant took 35 minutes of my time to cheat curl over half his bodyweight. My mind was wrecked after this whole deal, and I'm always a very calm and collective individual. I don't know why the fuck this bothered me so bad. If I ever see him again I won't hesitate to tackle him and piss on his lifeless body.

Moral of the story is; Don't ever think its ok to do anything in a squat rack besides squat, bench lockouts, deadlift, row, rack-deadlift or shrug heavy. Because its not. Use a bench or an ez bar to curl on. Don't be the douche sack who does this. Please.
    How much do you large for pissing on people? Serious question.
    "Branch Warren is a horrible little gorilla bear so who gives a f**k?"
    -Anonymous BB.com douche

this thread is pretty fucking funny. BB rows can be done from the bench or from the floor. Like why take the time to bitch and moan about the guy doing curls in the squat rack? Anyone who was serious about bodybuilding would of taken that same ammount of time to do something productive.

MUSCLEHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post

One thing that pisses ME of though is people that leave the weights on the bar when the leave, and I personally let Everyone know that they should take it off if they dont do it. Its common fucking sesnse and everyone should have that in the gym, one of the few fucking rules remove the weights, I dont wanna start my workout by taking off Your weights lol.
    Some people take this too far though. I was training legs a few weeks ago at LA Fitness in Tampa (whilst visiting my parents), which is a pretty nice well equipped gym, when I was asked to remove weights from the leg press. I literally had just finished with maybe 1050 on the sled - which takes a good while to unload - when I went over to the hack squat to start my sets there. What I usually do is unrack the weights between sets of my next exercise, UNLESS there is someone waiting. I couldnt even make it over back to the leg press (10 feet away) before some dicknose manager came and said "are you gonna put those weights back?" Mind you not only did I intend to unload the sled, not only was I away from is no more than 2 minutes, but there was a good 500lbs on it when I got there! I was on a guest pass so I just said "no problem sir" and unloaded the sled before finishing the hacks. It really is just about keeping my rest intervals consistent. They are a big part of my training and I cant be resting 5+ min between exercises on certain days.

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Wtf are you ranting on about JUST USE ANOTHER BAR , you can do rows where ever for fuck sake, and use a bench if you dont wanna start out with the weights in the floor.

One thing that pisses ME of though is people that leave the weights on the bar when the leave, and I personally let Everyone know that they should take it off if they dont do it. Its common fucking sesnse and everyone should have that in the gym, one of the few fucking rules remove the weights, I dont wanna start my workout by taking off Your weights lol.

and when I mean tell everyone, I mean everyone lol.
    So 2 days ago I think there was this hot ass girl doing squats with like 70-80 pounds or something super light.

So she does it for a few sets then just does another machine besides it without taking off the weights, I wanted to tell her right away to remove the damn weights but maby she was going to do it when she was finished.. So I continued to train and kept an eye on her lol.

her bf was also there and the freeweights area is on one semi small floor. top floor. And there are stairs going down to the first floor.

So after she was finished with the legpress (im ok with people leaving a bit of weight on that because everyone always uses a bit of weight anyway even for warmup) so she starts walking towards the stairs across the floor from where Im at, so right before she walsk down the stairs I do a loud "HEY YOU" over the entire floor to get her atention haha,

She looks my way and I say "Done with the squatting?"

"yes"

and I just reply "the weights are still on.."

so she does a walk of shame over the entire floor and takes off those weights And the weights on the legpress which I didnt even mention. All while her BF is looking on not saying a word haha.

Then she left.

you think teh swede is gonna let you go because you're hot? Hell no
    oh come on now,you only said something to her because she was there with her boyfreind.

I don't use the squat rack for anything but Rack Deads and Squats. Chances are you can dead lift a hell of a lot more than you can row, so I don't see an issue with doing rows from the floor (which is how I do them.) Your story got my blood boiling for sure, though. I could see making a case for rowing in a squat rack if you're rowing an obscene amount of weight, but even then, it's not necessary. However, rowing >>>>>> curls in the squat rack, for sure.

There is never an excuse to curl in the squat rack (Unless your name is Curt James ), I don't care what anyone says. You find a fucking spot somewhere and curl, curling does not require any additional equipment i.e. a fucking squat rack.

Most of this boils down to gym etiquette, of which that douche nozzel CM has none. I like how he had to throw in an "I'm bigger than you" on the internet; classic epic insecurity. If you're curling in the squat rack and someone walks up to you and politely asks you when you're done so he/she can squat or whatever, take your fucking curl bar out of the squat rack.

If all else fails, just walk up calmly and throw this on his forehead.

The Butterfly knife or Balisong take care of that. j/k
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    barbell rows in the rack is as bad as curls
    prob worse..people that row should know better,,lol

I guess I`m lucky.I must train at the only jerk free gym in America.I never see this stuff at the gym I`m at.Or I train awful early in the morning maybe the jerks just aren`t up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo89 View Post
    this thread is pretty fucking funny. BB rows can be done from the bench or from the floor. Like why take the time to bitch and moan about the guy doing curls in the squat rack? Anyone who was serious about bodybuilding would of taken that same ammount of time to do something productive.
    ^^^^^^^^^Agreed. They pay to be there too and have just as much right whether you like it or not. Funny how some cannot change a routine slightly otherwise they blow a gasket.

You NEVER row in the curl rack bro, NEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg987 View Post
    this annoys me when people dont put the weights back
    Tell me about it...This is my biggest pet peeve..People pick up after yourself.

[QUOTE=bbdude1988;1120029]Way to claim to be bigger than someone with no avatar or pics

this was a statement made to generalize the thinking of someone who gets mad at someone curling in the rack. Not saying that I personally am or am not bigger, nor do I really care.
    Apparently I am a bigger person though, b/c this shit would not even cross my mind as something stressful. Only someone who is really lacking in something, maybe size, would be offended b/c someone smaller doesn't apply the same rules to training as they do.
    this same person, if they saw someone bigger doing the same thing, would want insight from that person
    clearly i misrepresented what I was trying to say....or clearly you just misunderstood it. you choose, either way is fine with me
    btw we have weight classes in this thing called bodybuilding so bigger isn't better, but not everybody knows that.

simple fact everyone pays to use the services of a gym and everyone has equal right to everything the gym has to offer. If people want to curl in the squat rack they are paying to do that. Some people in here need a reality check.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast