Default Nolvadex and extreme fatigue

Hey all - looking for some input on Nolvadex...... I'm just shy of four weeks in to my first try with this. The last two weeks, I have been EXTREMELY fatigued! Have tried to get additional rest, but, no improvement. For example, crashed last night around 9:00 - fell asleep quickly - got up this morning at 7:00 and STILL feel like I could sleep for 24hours straight....

Is this normal or has anyone else experienced this?

Suggestions ?

Side note: Though cals are down for contest prep - they were down prior to the Nolvadex introduction and energy was not an issue .....so, I don't believe it is nutrition related.

Any help appreciated......this sucks!! Have a day job that I can't spend with my head on my desk and in a brain fog!! Should I just decrease dosage and go off of it all together or is this an adjustment period?

~Lorrie~

Sounds like more aggressive estrogen shutdown than your body can handle. I think this is a taste of what menopause is like and gives you a good example of how important estrogen is, even tho we hate the stuff.

I'm hoping musclemilf will chime in, but I think the easy answer is just back off your dose - don't just drop it, but taper back for a few days and see if things get back to normal.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Thanks Sassy - yea - hope additional input will chime in .....this is a terrible feeling! My normal is somewhat higher end energy and moods anyway - so, really-really feeling this !!

FYI - didn't put in original post - on a 20 split per/d 10 in AM and 10 in PM

I thought if this is normal and I can hang in there - would suck it up and see it through until contest, but, man, not sure I can do that and maintain a full day of work and gym right behind it - I'm in SLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW mode with a brain fog going on and fall asleep the second I'm down. Fearful of it effecting my efficiency at work and in the gym if this is how it is going to be....... First two weeks, didn't really notice anything - these last two - WOW......

~Lorrie~

Quote Originally Posted by PFEPerformance View Post
    Thanks Sassy - yea - hope additional input will chime in .....this is a terrible feeling! My normal is somewhat higher end energy and moods anyway - so, really-really feeling this !!

FYI - didn't put in original post - on a 20 split per/d 10 in AM and 10 in PM

I thought if this is normal and I can hang in there - would suck it up and see it through until contest, but, man, not sure I can do that and maintain a full day of work and gym right behind it - I'm in SLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW mode with a brain fog going on and fall asleep the second I'm down. Fearful of it effecting my efficiency at work and in the gym if this is how it is going to be....... First two weeks, didn't really notice anything - these last two - WOW......

~Lorrie~
    Drop it to 10 mg / day and see if that makes a difference for a few days. This is not "normal" or "something to work thru" - your estro is waaaaaaay down and you need it.

You can also check out some of the OTC estro regulators (nothing like serms, just help w/ estro- Evening Primrose Oil. Also thinking of DIM.)
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

another question..are u nattie other wise? a gf of mine that was natural started it and got major hot flashes and felt like crap basically and that was only after 4 days. she stopped it. she aslo i may add is high estrogen and had alot of female issues...
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

GYM RAT

Brain fog (cognitive skills are impacted) and extreme fatigue are common symptoms with a precipitous drop in estrogen. Hot/cold flashes, heart palps, breathlesness, joint pain, vaginal dryness, insomnia (yes, even with extreme fatigue) as well emotional symptoms such as depression and anxiety. Our brains and body require estrogen to think and function. The downside is stubborn fat storage made up of mostly estrone (worsen with age).

Also note that extreme training and dieting going to push your natural estrogen levels down further. Sassy is correct with her advice to pull back on the nolvadex. Also Tammy asked if you were a natty. Without the support of AAS, using straight nolvadex is even going be harsher on your system.

Thanks gals!!! Will try dropping in half and see if that helps as you have suggested.......

Yes - I am a complete natty otherwise.... Wonder as well if initially I didn't feel much diff because of starting week 1 with 1/2 dosage and worked up to the 20 in week 2 - now hitting week 4 and............good god!!

Can't thank you enough for the input.....I'm miserable!!

~Lorrie~

Its also important to realize that just because you "took something " today doesn't mean that you'll see the results or effects today. We're trained to expect immediate results from medications and stuff we use - like aspirin for a headache, painkillers, etc. Here, you're introducing stuff that manipulates your hormone process - obviously there's a point where its not simply the presence of the compound, but rather its accumulated and eventual effect on your overall hormone balance that produces the extreme end of the sides.

And also, if you end up w/ sides you don't like as a result of hormone manipulation, generally you can't go running off to the doc to get something to "fix" the problem or "make it go away". You still have to wait for the compound to dissipate some (e.g. half-life, detection time).

An example of this is if you take too much clen and then start getting crazy shakes & tension headache. You can maybe take some aspirin for the headache, but even at the hospital, assuming you tell them that you took clen, they'll generally just say you have to ride it out. Clen tends to have a kick for about 36 hrs so you'd need to just ride it out that long for the dose to stop having the effect on you.

Estrogen seems to be incredibly resilient, so in the situation of suppressing it, I'm going to guess if you reduce your dosing, it will recover itself within a day or two - assuming you're not talking about a dramatically long-term use where your body may have just switched over to assuming a state of early menopause. There you might actually need help getting it going again.

One more thing to pay attention to when you're playing w/ hormone manipulation - estrogen or test enhancers or suppressors.
    Last edited by sassy69; 09-01-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

the ladies are correct...back off the nolvadex...have you had your estrogen levels checked before?..even as a natty(kinda)...

Yes - have had checked before - a few years back - HUGE female issues that ended in a hysterectomy....left Ovaries...corrected problem, but, I'm monitored fairly closely and tend to run a smidge on the high side...nothing extreme.....

We were trying this to assist in the elimination of that upper thigh, hip, and ab area subborn roundness..... AKA - FAT!! LOL.....

question - do I understand all of you in saying taper off and STOP it completely or half the dose and see if I feel better?

Also - Sassy ? (You can also check out some of the OTC estro regulators (nothing like serms, just help w/ estro- Evening Primrose Oil. Also thinking of DIM.)

Try this with a decreased dose of the Nolvadex OR taper off completely and purchase this to assist in bringing back into balance? Sorry for such a stupid question - seems like stopping is indicated as they would cancel each other out if I were to continue - but wanted to clarify.

Thanks guys - so appreciate your input and help!!

~Lorrie~

Quote Originally Posted by PFEPerformance View Post
    Yes - have had checked before - a few years back - HUGE female issues that ended in a hysterectomy....left Ovaries...corrected problem, but, I'm monitored fairly closely and tend to run a smidge on the high side...nothing extreme.....

We were trying this to assist in the elimination of that upper thigh, hip, and ab area subborn roundness..... AKA - FAT!! LOL.....

question - do I understand all of you in saying taper off and STOP it completely or half the dose and see if I feel better?

Also - Sassy ? (You can also check out some of the OTC estro regulators (nothing like serms, just help w/ estro- Evening Primrose Oil. Also thinking of DIM.)

Try this with a decreased dose of the Nolvadex OR taper off completely and purchase this to assist in bringing back into balance? Sorry for such a stupid question - seems like stopping is indicated as they would cancel each other out if I were to continue - but wanted to clarify.

Thanks guys - so appreciate your input and help!!

~Lorrie~
    Taper off to like 1/2 dose for a few days and see if you can find a better balance. I'd hesitate to come all the way off at this point as you might then hit rebound -- your body likes to work on finding sort of a push/pull balance - not too far in either direction - so we're suggesting you adjust down your dose a few days at a time and see if you can find that'balance' point to accomplish what you are trying to do. Knee jerk reactions to extreme states - i.e. OMG DROP EVERYTHING NOW! will just result in a rebound in the other direction. Just like your diet and everything else that goes into prep - small, incremental changes to let your body adjust and find the point that works best for you.

All of this is your own personal chemistry experiment - no one has the same body chemistry or combination of influences going on that you do right now - so like any experiment - hold everything else constant and just tweak your one variable you're interested in to see if you can find thd sweet spot.
    ~Jack Lalanne