Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    NOVICE

Hi,

I am a medical student and a bodybuilder and I have a comment to offer in regards to your blood values. I would be skeptical about the need to donate blood because you were dehydrated when the tests were taken because severe dehydration can cause hematocrit to be falsley elevated. This is called, SPURIOUS POLYCYTHEMIA which is defined as a false elevation of hematocrit. The elevation is false because the decrease in plasma volume is what is causing the elevation in hematocrit (Note: Hematocrit is defined as the percentage of total blood volume that red blood cells occupy). Obviously if you have less than normal amount of total blood volume, but a normal amount of RBCs, you will have a higher than normal percentage of RBCs per fluid volume. I would be reticent to go donate blood until I saw the test results when you were well hydrated, because I hate feeling like I am giving up something in m workouts, and I really hate how it makes me feel to give blood. You may already know this, but I just thought I would mention it in case you forgot, because even many doctors often do forget this unless they are hematologists.

Another point to consider is that if you were recently on AAS then these compounds can sometimes cause increased red blood cell formation, and since the red blood cells lifespan is 120 days, it is possible that you are still seeing the effects of this now to a small degree. So your hematocrit could be actually on the high side of normal due to this, but I don't know if that would make me want to donate more red blood cells, now that one of my stimuli for producing them is gone.

It probably won't hurt you to donate blood, but it probably isn't necessary either considering that your RBC values were just barely elevated above normal. and therefore will likely correct once well hydrated. If you take HRT that can increase your RBCs a little as you know, so in preparation it might not be a terrible idea to lower the RBCs if you fear that you legitimately might be a little on the high side. If I were you as a patient I might not run the CBC test again due to cost, and hassle. But as a doctor I might want to see if the polycythemia corrects. SO you can donate blood if you want. It can help save a life, which is good, even though it might be the life of some idiot who chose not to wear a helmet.

Your doctor may have recommended that you donate blood just to be on the safe side because if your hematocrit is high the blood is like sludge, and this is why cyclists who use blood doping have died. Its good to be safe, but I would like to see what the values when normally hydrated and then decide.

You may want to discuss this with your doctor. If he doesn't at least acknoweldge a the hypovolemia as a possible cause for your slightly elevated hematocrit that would be a bit disappointing, because the blood work strongly supports this. The hematocrit is just barely elevated and You were definately very dehydrated (as evidenced by your BUN to creatinine ratio being over 20:1). Your decision probably won't make a huge difference anyway, and you may just want to do it cuz you would be helping someone out, and avoiding the risk of coming off like you were giving your doctor a lesson, which can annoy them.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by shredstack View Post
    In all honesty, I too have been reading many forums and have only seen guys who have been cycling for over 20 years, are in their 40's and 50's and still recover fully after each cycle. I have never read about someone young who couldn't recover even after a heavy, suppressive cycle(s). I have read about guys who really were hitting AAS hard for many years and then eventually have problems but they aren't even the norm.

If anything, the modern medical community would insist the opposite: it's the basic view of endocrinologists today that the body will always recover, even w/o ancillaries.

I've read about kids who took 2 test injections and had libido issues 5 years down the road. No joke.

In the ChemE forum, the specific question I asked was, are the odds in your favor of recovering from a low dose Test cycle w/ proper PCT consisting of HCG and a SERM. And the general consensus among the forum leaders was that there's really no way of knowing.

Check out prohormoneforum.com and the anabolic doc's forum. There are plenty examples of what I'm talking about there. Not saying it's likely to happen to you - but just saying that it is possible

NOVICE

Small addition...I mentioned BUN:Creatinine ratio...so I wanted to post this to avoid confusion, and to clarify so that you don't say the wrong thing to your doctor, and then he stops listening. A high BUN:Creatinine ratio of 20:1 or more is what is called prerenal azotemia. It does not necessarily mean that you are dehydrated, but in your case it does. It simply indicates that there is decreased blood flow to the kideny due to decreased cardiac output. People with severe hemorrhage or burns, can also this. see high BUN:creatinine ratios, because they have decreased blood flow to the kidney. Heart failure can also cause this.

LOL@ this thread being moved to "Girl Talk".

Physique Critique Judge Quadsweep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThePickle View Post
    Is LH, Lutenizing Hormone? What do you watch for with high vs low LH?
    Is your test low? If so its your Pititary trying to make your balls make more test. That's how it works it is a feedback loop.

Jeff
    www.needtobuildmuscle.com Sponsored Athlete!

Quote Originally Posted by dre23 View Post
    LOL@ this thread being moved to "Girl Talk".
    Yeah I would like to know which smart ass mod did that! Something I would have done as a mod on EF! I bet it was Sassy the super mod! I would not be suprised anyway! Love ya Sassy honey!

Quote Originally Posted by lartinos View Post
    Good luck.... How have you felt?
    Strength is okay. Energy down and drive to train is but I do it still because its what I do...ingrained into me pretty much after 30 years.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Do you do anything in particular for your HDL, or are you just blessed when it comes to that?
    Don't do anything...genetics I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by powergirl View Post
    Hey buddy, now that you're on 'our side', what's your favorite MAC shade in their new lip glass?

heehee

JUST KIDDINNNNNNNNNNG!!

Really glad to hear you guys are getting this sorted out.....you know I wish you all the best and appreciate you and Rita's support and kind words....

...now about the MAC.....
    MAC makes some good shit! ...well at least thats what I hear! Getting through it with a positive attitude!

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStrength12 View Post
    If anything, the modern medical community would insist the opposite: it's the basic view of endocrinologists today that the body will always recover, even w/o ancillaries.

I've read about kids who took 2 test injections and had libido issues 5 years down the road. No joke.

In the ChemE forum, the specific question I asked was, are the odds in your favor of recovering from a low dose Test cycle w/ proper PCT consisting of HCG and a SERM. And the general consensus among the forum leaders was that there's really no way of knowing.

Check out prohormoneforum.com and the anabolic doc's forum. There are plenty examples of what I'm talking about there. Not saying it's likely to happen to you - but just saying that it is possible

Ok I hear you. I will investigate it further. I am a member of a Thesourcecheck, Sourceauthority.net and some other AAS forums. I have never read a case of someone having issues as you describe and there are tons of users on those sites, as you can imagine. Many of the people posting there are vets in their 40's and have done countless Nandrolone cycles and still recover fine.

I still have to assume that the cases in which a young man in his mid 20's gets permanently shit down from light AAS use, are very, very rare. Something else had to have happened in those cases.

But deff thanks for letting me know about the anabolic docs forum, I will deff read it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234