Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hydro Whey vs Whey Isolate

I feel like this might have been answered b4, but I can't seem to find it.

For a long time, I was using Isopure . . . . Loved it

Then I switched over to GNC's Wheybolic 60 (which seems to be a Whey isolte and hydrolized whey blend, i think)

Loved it too . . .

Now I just bought ON's Platinum Hydro Whey..... is it really worth it?

Anyone else use it?

Is hydro whey really that THE FASTEST absorbing and purest protein OF ALL TIME... or is that all just marketing, and I'm wasting money that should be rightfully going towards a good Whey Isolate.

Love to get some feedback

NO NO NO, Not worth it. Concentrate is just as good as both, unless your stomach can't take it.

REALLY?????

I was always told concentrate was da shits when it came to absorption

Quote Originally Posted by MeatHead4Life View Post
    REALLY?????

I was always told concentrate was da shits when it came to absorption
    The bioavailability of concentrate might even be better because the more you mess with the protein through filtration processes the more you denature the whey.

So this Hydro whey is complete marketing crap . . . .

U ever feel like whey protein is kinda unnecessary if you eat enough actual food?

Don't get caught up with what is the fastest protein?...because whey is fast enough as it is. Depending on when you are taking your whey, i assume post workout, it's important to also get a slow digesting protein as well, like casein. Something like a 40%whey 60% casein or 50/50 mix post workout will give you much better results than just whey or hydowhey. Don't bother buying any of that hydo whey again, it's way too overhyped.

Yes, It's crap bro.

If you want to get in depth info you should read this, it will help you understand the properties of whey, and save you some money from buying overpriced, overhyped proteins.

http://www.extremenutrition.co.uk/ne...nding-whey.php

I believe that whey/casein beats whole food proteins in a post workout situation and maybe first thing in the morning, and casein is the best thing to have before bed.

whey/casein beats real food post workout because...

-it's convenient and quick
    -it absorbs faster than whole foods
    -it's the most bioavalible protein you can get
    -it's very rich in amino acids

yah, i always have a casein shake b4 bed . . .

reading that article makes me realize just how little work these Supp companies go to post accurate info on their labels

Quote Originally Posted by MeatHead4Life View Post
    yah, i always have a casein shake b4 bed . . .

reading that article makes me realize just how little work these Supp companies go to post accurate info on their labels
    Yeah, it's a good read reguardless. Make sure you get some casein post workout too. The studies show that when you add casein to your post workout shake (50% or more) there is a significant better body composition than whey alone.

I found this site recently and they are very high quality proteins with natural sweetners, free shipping...it's a great place i've been getting my whey and micellular casein from here ever since.

http://www.musclefeast.com/

I agree, just make sure Ur getting enough protein. Regular or hydro is irrelevant. Just another hype machine
    "The worst thing happened to you that could happen to any fighter. You got civilized." Mickey to Rocky in Rocky III.

FREAK

Quote Originally Posted by Costco77 View Post
    The bioavailability of concentrate might even be better because the more you mess with the protein through filtration processes the more you denature the whey.
    Unless it is cold filtered.

you can read all about the different proteins from the protein factory.. www.proteinfactory.com

Most people can't stomach the lactose thats in the concentrate, also there'll be less protein per serving than isolate or hydro...below is from their hydro they sell. I personally don't take it, I use their Isolate.

The most digestible source of whey protein developed for human consumption. A hydrolyzed whey is partially digested to make them more accessible for human digestion. The protein molecules are split into smaller groups called peptides. The amino acids are called peptide bonded. Described as a highly purified protein enzymatically hydrolysated to form whey peptides. The benefits of whey protein isolate are combined with the hydrolysated whey peptides extremely solubility and nutrition benefits. Hydrolyzed whey protein can be processed to different degrees of quality. The Protein Factory will offer 2 different hydrolyzed whey proteins to choose from.

The hydrolyzed whey 520 possess the highest AN/TN manufactured today. Thus the hydro 520 contains the greatest amount of peptides of any powder. The product also possess the lowest molecular weight average of any protein, with a MW of 520 Daltons. The product is a fine cream powder. Taste is very bitter due to the high degree of hydrolysis.
    Typical Analysis
    Protein74.0 %Ash4.9 %Moisture3.2 %Fat 2.3 %Amino Nitrogen over Total Nitrogen28 %Molecular Weight average520 daltons
    Amino Acid Profile (g/100g protein-as is)Alanine4.6Arginine2.1Aspartic Acid10.1Cystine/Cysteine7.2Glutamic Acid16.3Glycine1.6Histidine1.7Isoleucine*6.2Leucin e*10.0Lysine*10.1Methionine*2.0Phenylalanine*2.9Pr oline5.5Serine4.7Threonine*6.4Tryptophan*1.5Tyrosi ne3.3Valine*5.4Hydroxproline< 0.01*Essential Amino Acid
    Molecular Weight Distribution
    Molecular Weight (Daltons) Percentage (%)>20,0009.55,000-20,0006.61,000-5,00012.9<1,00070.8Bodybuilding and Athletic Supplementation Description

The hydrolyzed 520 has the greatest potential to produce the best results for lean muscle mass. The small di and tri peptides produce the most dramatic pharmeuctical effects. The hydro 520 does not mix well with a spoon. A blender must be used for mixing. It has an extremely bad taste...One must NOT think that they can drink it straight. The Protein Factory is the ONLY company to commercially market the Hydro 520 for anabolic use. The manufacturer of the Hydro 520 has confirmed this. If one chooses to use the hydrolyzed 520 whey protein in a custom protein mix, try to keep the percentage 25% or lower.
    How to use the hydrolyzed whey 520 in your muscle-building arsenal.
    If you want results from whey protein, if you are convinced, like we are, that whey peptides are absorbed much greater than regular whole food then you will try to fit the hydrolyzed 520 into your supplement arsenal. The hydrolyzed 520 is one of the most unique whey proteins in the bodybuilding market. I say this because it is an extremely rare product. The larger supplement companies are not going to use the hydro 520 because they sell to the mass market of bodybuilders. i.e. the general public who most of the time judges protein powders on taste only. How many times have you seen Designer Protein advertise how they won some gold medal taste award and how large manufacteurers brag they win blind taste tests. Hydrolyzed 520 is a god awful tasting product. I remember my first experience with the "520" in that I dry heaved over my kitchen sink. I took a big gulp and "Blahhh". I was like, "this is hydrolyzed whey protein.,how come this container on protein powder that claims to contain whey peptides tastes like a milk shake then". I knew I had been had. Thus over the next few weeks I began to experiment with ways to drink some of the "520". I found that by combining the 520 1 to 1 tablespoons with a regular whey protein I was able to tolerate the product.
    Why is"520" is so special?
    Hydrolzed 520 is an awesome product. Drinking the powder the peptides are actually by-passing the stomach and are being absorbed right through the small intestine and into the blood stream. Up to 80% of whey peptides can pass quickly through the stomach intact to be absorbed by the lower intestines. Small di-and tri-peptides are also absorbed faster than free-form amino acids. Regular whey protein has to be broken down into these peptides compared to the 520 which is already in a partial digestive state. What does this mean for muscle growth? The faster amino acids are absorbed, the faster protein synthesis can take place and an positive nitrogen state develops creating an anabolic condition.
    How to use the 520
    Buy the "520" separately, get 1 or 2 pound plain unflavored and unsweetened. If you don't have regular whey isolate or concentrate get some then add 1 to 2 tablespoons to your protein drink.

Whey Protein Concentrate

Bodybuilding and Athletic Supplementation Description

WPC is the most commonly used source of whey protein, used by over 99.5% of supplement companies. WPC is higher in fat, carbs, and lactose than WPI, which results in less assimilation by the stomach and intestines. Therefore, many users of WPC report bloating and gas with supplementation. Many also consider WPC as the economical source of whey protein and great for athletes with low budgets or those who require high amounts of protein per day. WPC is typically used by college, high school, and beginner to intermediate bodybuilders.
    WARNING!!
    When purchasing WPC, remember to use a simple calculation to determine the amount of protein on is receiving per serving. The Protein Factory utilizes 80% protein. Divide the amount of protein per serving by the serving size. For example if the serving size is 22 grams and the amount of protein is 16.5 grams, it gives you 77% protein.
    Seventy-seven is the average of protein per serving of WPC. It is good but not great. With a 77% protein ratio, it means for every 4 lbs. of WPC one buys, they are getting only 3 lbs. of actual protein, the rest is garbage.

I wouldn't get your protein info from a supplement company that sells protein because obviously their most expensive proteins are the hydro proteins so they're trying to convince you to buy that....The Hydro casein (peptopro) costs over 29$ per pound and their MC casein costs 10$ so obviously they would want you to buy the Peptopro although i think it's least effective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast