Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PENCILNECK

Default Scivation Extend

Is this product ok to add into your daily water intake? I usually put 6 scoops into gallon and drink all day? Would this be ok for for the last few weeks before a show while water is really high.

NOVICE

There are still calories in BCAAS. If you're really worried about losing muscle then adding some Xtend to your water can only help. Just be conscious of the calories

PENCILNECK

ok. I can. I up to 3x 4omin cardio sessions for a week or two. I can def tell since I have been doing this I have stayed bigger.

Take your Xtend during your workouts/cardio sessions. If you split your cardio and weights to seperate times dose it then.

Take 4 scoops during your workout, or split it 2 scoops during fasted cardio in the morning and 2 scoops weights later. We recommend 4 scoops during training (On the new Black Labels) we no longer go by weight.... but if you do split the fasted cardio and weights then 2 at each would be ok to do. Remember its 40kcals per 10g of BCAA's you consume so add it to your calories if you track them.

Some of Layne Norton clients split 2 scoops during and 2 scoops post workout with 5g of creatine monohydrate.

You could also look into Layne's Muscle Protein Synthesis Study (you can google) on how to dose them between meals and then rock the rest during your workout. Again it comes down to your personal preference. Spiking protein syntehsis all day long by slugging it down in a gallon jug is not the best way IMO. Restoring amino's when your body needs them most and how BCAA's are instantly digested would be best at opportune times.

I hear chained out is better.

Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    I hear chained out is better.
    Ditto!According to Mr.Rea CO is a whole lot better.I used to take Xtend up to 6 scoops a day and saw no benefit at all until I started using ALRI's CO and Humapro.

what is up with that? Serving size claims 2 scoops, but to get the studied or documented effect its suggested to use 4 scoops. Stupid bottle only lasts me a week.

Here is what I was posted on another thread on the board, wonder how Scivation reps respond to this?

I am not taking sides as I am not a rep, just would like to know why one spikes blood glucose?

>>>>>>>>>>>
    Example A: Clinical Study conducted independently by Rick Cohen MD Jan, 2010

Two BCAA sports nutrition products, Chain’ed Out® and Xtend®, were evaluated for their potential for GI and circulatory glouconeogenesis (conversion to glucose). This is an important factor in performance nutrition as well as potential for values of protein synthesis, inhibition of catabolism and the percentage of BCAAs available to tissues. Xtend®’s formula is based upon free form BCAAs and additional co-nutrients. Chain” Out®s formula I based upon BCAAs with a malate alpha hydroyx
    moiety and co-nutrients.

In a double blind cross over and placebo clinical study conducted by Richard Cohen MD, 12 healthy athletic persons were screened for health and normal blood glucose (BG) markers and/or complications. 2 of the 8 chosen were noted as having moderate chronic elevation of BG but still within guidelines of high normal. The chosen 8 were validated as not using any performance enhancement drugs nor drugs affecting blood glucose. The test group was composed of 2 females and 6 males ranging in age from 21-48 years of age. Family history for diabetes and hypoglycemia were accessed. Each was given a 2 consecutive day testing period with a 1 day wash out period before crossing over to the opposing formula and repeated again for placebo comparison. Both Xtend® and Chain’d Out® were administered at equal dosages and there was a double cross over with placebo.

All subjects were instructed to not eat for 12 hours prior to testing. Blood draws were done in a fasted state 20 minutes post waking. The second blood draws were performed 20 then 30 minutes post ingestion of either Chain’d Out® or Xtend® in a double blind cross over testing protocol.

Conclusions: Fasted subjects ingesting Xtend® showed a rapid and significant increase in blood glucose elevation resulting in a lower percentage of the two main gluconeogenic BCAAs Valine and IsoLeucine remaining available to muscle and other lean tissues. Additionally, this significant increase in glucose suggest a higher potential for lipolysis and low potential for adipose loss during the elevated period.
    Fasted subjects ingesting Chain’d Out® showed a significant decrease in blood glucose suggesting confirmation of prior research on a alpha hydroxyl moiety bound to reactive compounds as a means of GI and circulatory protection from physiological chemistry alterations such gluconeogenesis. Due to a lack of metabolic loss alpha hydroxyl protected compounds have been shown to allow for great percentages of the compounds ingested to be utilized. In regard to BCCAs this would support potential for greater anabolism and lower rate of lipogenisis.

Results:

Xtend Pre-ingestion:
    96mg/dL (+- 0.60)

20 minutes post ingestion:
    123mg/dL (+- 0.55)
    30 minutes post ingestion:
    129mg/dL (0.77)

Chain'd Out
    Pre-ingestion
    96mg/dL (+- 0.60)
    93mg/dL (0.80)
    89mg/dL (+- 0.44)

Placebo
    Pre-ingestion:
    96mg/dL (+- 0.60)
    96mg/dL (+- 0.7)
    95mg/dL (+- 0.8)

* Many factors affect a person's blood sugar level. A body's homeostatic mechanism, when operating normally, restores the blood sugar level to a narrow range of about 82 to 110 mg/dL
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The Solution said it right. That is a great way of taking it. Yes, Xtend is a great supplement to have during contest prep and can be taken the final week before a show. I was even taken creatine up till a week before my show.

In fact, Xtend is the only supplement I added to my training during my contest prep. My calories went down, carbs went down, etc. but I maintained my muscle mass better and I even gained strength on some of my lifts. The stuff is absolutely phenomenal. There is science and studies behind Xtend as well, dont worry about that. This stuff is proven and very effective. Marc Lobliner, owner of Scivation, is one of the most honest, hardworking, ethical, and dedicated guys I know.

We call Xtend.. Anabolic Kool-Aid.

Why the hell does every thread on this board regarding BCAAs inevitably turn into Chain'd Out Pimping and Xtend bashing? Oh yea, because ALRI sponsors the forum, and Scivation doesn't...

To answer the question, yes, Xtend is fine to drink throughout the day...

Quote Originally Posted by retwa View Post
    Why the hell does every thread on this board regarding BCAAs inevitably turn into Chain'd Out Pimping and Xtend bashing? Oh yea, because ALRI sponsors the forum, and Scivation doesn't...

To answer the question, yes, Xtend is fine to drink throughout the day...
    Wicked avatar retwa!

what is up with that? Serving size claims 2 scoops, but to get the studied or documented effect its suggested to use 4 scoops. Stupid bottle only lasts me a week.
    Really, 4 scoops a workout assume you workout 4x a week will last you a month? Kind of confused there. 90 servings for 36$ is pretty cheap for an intra-workout/recovery product that has won numerous awards at the Olympia and is up for 3 more again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ob205 View Post
    Here is what I was posted on another thread on the board, wonder how Scivation reps respond to this?

I am not taking sides as I am not a rep, just would like to know why one spikes blood glucose?
    You are comparing fasted subjects. How many individuals do you know train in a 100% fasted state? Not many at all. You cannot point a study on individuals who train in fasted state when the majority do not. BCAA's play a role in replenshing lost aminos and preventing protein/muscle breakdown during the most opportune times and that is working out as #1. Hence why we reccomend the product as an INTRA-WORKOUT PRODUCT, and hence why its up for Intra-Workout product of the year at the olympia. If you wish to dose it during fasted cardio that is personal preference. But we simply put that its for intra-workout and have done our research on it and have 2 studies in the works right now on Xtend even after we composed this one:

go to scivation.com to read it in bigger font.

Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
    The Solution said it right. That is a great way of taking it. Yes, Xtend is a great supplement to have during contest prep and can be taken the final week before a show. I was even taken creatine up till a week before my show.

In fact, Xtend is the only supplement I added to my training during my contest prep. My calories went down, carbs went down, etc. but I maintained my muscle mass better and I even gained strength on some of my lifts. The stuff is absolutely phenomenal. There is science and studies behind Xtend as well, dont worry about that. This stuff is proven and very effective. Marc Lobliner, owner of Scivation, is one of the most honest, hardworking, ethical, and dedicated guys I know.

We call Xtend.. Anabolic Kool-Aid.
    100% well said. marc is an outstanding role model and always practices what he preaches. He is a great guy to work for an I am honored to be a part of scivation as a representative.

In the end.. Whatever supplement you use, its PERSONAL preference. some people perfer other supplements, and some people are brand loyal. Stick to what you like and utilize it to its full potential. I am just stating Price per serving, and for the results 1,000+ individuals have gotten on Xtend it shows why its always a top selling product.

^How long have you worked as a rep for Scivation?

Solution, I train in fasted state all the time, aren't you an IF person yourself?

Also if there is a better BCAA product out there I am all ears, as I have no dog in the fight.

^How long have you worked as a rep for Scivation?
    2 years

Quote Originally Posted by ob205 View Post
    Solution, I train in fasted state all the time, aren't you an IF person yourself?

Also if there is a better BCAA product out there I am all ears, as I have no dog in the fight.
    There is no BEST BCAA product out there. Everyone of them has different formulas, like i stated.. it comes down to PERSONAL PREFERENCE. some BCAA formulas contain other ingredients and have added calories from carbs added in them. It comes down to the individual, and what they want. Some people are brand loyal and place their trust in other companies and their products.. thats perfectly fine.. There is no best, its the users choice.

I myself add extra Creatine (Primaforce Creaform) post-workout
    and beta alanine (Primaforce Beta-Alanine) during my workouts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast