Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Jay Cutler: Why He Won

I did the play by play (my first time on any show) and was on record of picking phil heath as the winner of the show. For a few reasons, there is implied in the wrap up I was saying Jay was off. (well actually I dont think I implied he was off I just know I know it hurts fans feelings ) He really wasn't off. What I think (in retropect..) I was taking more of a shot at Lonnies commentary which came across as a criticism of th way jay looked

I went thru my play by play yesterday and here's what I think summarises the way I saw the show

1) When Jay Came out I thought he was the winner. BEFORE he came out I wrote "only way he loses is if he didnt come out" Thats my (humor way) of saying there's him and rest of lineup. Based on being 100% of last year or even 90 % of that...my assumption was "Jay's 90% will dust these guys" When he came out He was huge and sharp. Close to where he was (very close) to last year's ball-breaking combo of size and density

2) In first comparisons I thought, overall, he was the winner. The play by play goes fast and I did have other people winning certain shots, but as an overall, I thought "here is the winner." I was suprised to see what I thought was phil winning the back dbl and side chest and also surpised Branch could challenge both in several shots..Challenge ..not necessarily beat.

3) By the last comparison I really thought, and I think people there would agree, he faded in an odd way. He did not fade and get small. He did not fade and hold water. I dont want to go on endlessley about this. But by faded it meant : TIRED looking. The way he hit his shots especially from behind...you could not see the snap and density. (versus in the mandatories by himself when he first came out) Anyone whose been on stage knows sometimes u get tired and say u dont have a lot of energy, it becomes hard to keep your legs tight or to "stay big" int he line-up. Same on abs and thighs . The insane quads on last call looked good but not "holy shit" like when he came out ....well anyways , he looked tired. And yes, people around all the other "play by play folks" (ie fans etc) who talk loud etc and the feeling around were of the opinion, "Jay faded" to put that into context I dont think by that they me etc meant "He faded and looked like shit" It was "he faded and risk compromising his look compared to the start of prejudgeing. When u are competing against this version of Phil Heath, thats a problem, he looks incredible. Same for branch, and I said this in the commentary, he closed HARD. By that I mean, by the end of prejudging Branch had shots ( in real life) that he looked challenging on. I think he more then held his own against jay and Phil on Back lat spread and side chest and most muscular....especially in that FINAL call.

4) So here we go to do the review of prejudging. I am on the fence. I think Heath had the slight edge. That was in my mind based on many shots int he final call: side chest back double and most muscular. And here comes lonnie presenting it like its not even a close show. Regardless of who was first or second, the show was close. Very close in this context. Last year was a walk in the park for Jay. Nuts off the charts and Phil heath was not even in contention in prejudging. This year Jay was almost nuts looking and Phil was also nuts. That makes for a close show. I I think I ended up talking more about Jay being tired then the way Phil looked.

5) Night show we could not do play by play ..think computer was dead. But I sat there with Dave and commented Phil looks smaller and jay looks harder fuller and looked like he had enough energy to do 3 pre judging shows. I went thru the poses and had jay winning. thats what happens when u have a 2 day show. People change

6) I think at the finals wrap up I just got tired of hearing Lonnie becasue on this night he backtracked said the pre judge was close and jay faded. That WAS my point after the prejudge wrap up. Maybe lonnie never realised it or saw that he faded until he saw the "damn!" jay at the finals. Maybe that way he could put it into context and see "well yesterday he didnt look like tonite" in the nit pick world of the mr O u are looking for the tiniest infractions to criticise...sometimes those are hard to see.

7) Finally, for the wing nuts who are fans of jay and PM me on this site and say " Aceto u just had Phil cause Jay does not work with you" Umm ahh, well, its sort of like this, I really enjoy bb for the sake of BB and really do feel I am honest down to the core. I do not envy people or look down on people. Jay and Phil work with Hany Rambod simple as that. In other words, that there is a factoid . Both these guys look incredible and they are doing so with his guidance. So there goes that backwards theory.
    Last edited by Chris Aceto; 09-29-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: sp
    Submit Ask Dave & Stump the Jumbo questions to [email protected]

Thanks for reiterating i wasnt exactly sure what you meant by faded. Great clarification.

NOVICE

good analysis

PENCILNECK

Spot on and fair...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Aceto View Post
    I did the play by play (my first time on any show) and was on record of picking phil heath as the winner of the show. For a few reasons, there is implied in the wrap up I was saying Jay was off. (well actually I dont think I implied he was off I just know I know it hurts fans feelings ) He really wasn't off. What I think (in retropect..) I was taking more of a shot at Lonnies commentary which came across as a criticism of th way jay looked

I went thru my play by play yesterday and here's what I think summarises the way I saw the show

1) When Jay Came out I thought he was the winner. BEFORE he came out I wrote "only way he loses is if he didnt come out" Thats my (humor way) of saying there's him and rest of lineup. Based on being 100% of last year or even 90 % of that...my assumption was "Jay's 90% will dust these guys" When he came out He was huge and sharp. Close to where he was (very close) to last year's ball-breaking combo of size and density

2) In first comparisons I thought, overall, he was the winner. The play by play goes fast and I did have other people winning certain shots, but as an overall, I thought "here is the winner." I was suprised to see what I thought was phil winning the back dbl and side chest and also surpised Branch could challenge both in several shots..Challenge ..not necessarily beat.

3) By the last comparison I really thought, and I think people there would agree, he faded in an odd way. He did not fade and get small. He did not fade and hold water. I dont want to go on endlessley about this. But by faded it meant : TIRED looking. The way he hit his shots especially from behind...you could not see the snap and density. (versus in the mandatories by himself when he first came out) Anyone whose been on stage knows sometimes u get tired and say u dont have a lot of energy, it becomes hard to keep your legs tight or to "stay big" int he line-up. Same on abs and thighs . The insane quads on last call looked good but not "holy shit" like when he came out ....well anyways , he looked tired. And yes, people around all the other "play by play folks" (ie fans etc) who talk loud etc and the feeling around were of the opinion, "Jay faded" to put that into context I dont think by that they me etc meant "He faded and looked like shit" It was "he faded and risk compromising his look compared to the start of prejudgeing. When u are competing against this version of Phil Heath, thats a problem, he looks incredible. Same for branch, and I said this in the commentary, he closed HARD. By that I mean, by the end of prejudging Branch had shots ( in real life) that he looked challenging on. I think he more then held his own against jay and Phil on Back lat spread and side chest and most muscular....especially in that FINAL call.

4) So here we go to do the review of prejudging. I am on the fence. I think Heath had the slight edge. That was in my mind based on many shots int he final call: side chest back double and most muscular. And here comes lonnie presenting it like its not even a close show. Regardless of who was first or second, the show was close. Very close in this context. Last year was a walk in the park for Jay. Nuts off the charts and Phil heath was not even in contention in prejudging. This year Jay was almost nuts looking and Phil was also nuts. That makes for a close show. I I think I ended up talking more about Jay being tired then the way Phil looked.

5) Night show we could not do play by play ..think computer was dead. But I sat there with Dave and commented Phil looks smaller and jay looks harder fuller and looked like he had enough energy to do 3 pre judging shows. I went thru the poses and had jay winning. thats what happens when u have a 2 day show. People change

6) I think at the finals wrap up I just got tired of hearing Lonnie becasue on this night he backtracked said the pre judge was close and jay faded. That WAS my point after the prejudge wrap up. Maybe lonnie never realised it or saw that he faded until he saw the "damn!" jay at the finals. Maybe that way he could put it into context and see "well yesterday he didnt look like tonite" in the nit pick world of the mr O u are looking for the tiniest infractions to criticise...sometimes those are hard to see.

7) Finally, for the wing nuts who are fans of jay and PM me on this site and say " Aceto u just had Phil cause Jay does not work with you" Umm ahh, well, its sort of like this, I really enjoy bb for the sake of BB and really do feel I am honest down to the core. I do not envy people or look down on people. Jay and Phil work with Hany Rambod simple as that. In other words, that there is a factoid . Both these guys look incredible and they are doing so with his guidance. So there goes that backwards theory.
    Chris let me ask you all these guys like Jay Branch etc. all are humongous but so are their guts, which IMO throws off a person's symmetry. Why are the powers in BBing honoring the bloated gut look??? My top 3 would of been in no particilar order Heath, Dexter and Rockel, IMO that is the look of an Olympian!!!!

Medium Extreme

When I was watching prejudging the only athlete that shocked me was Phil. It's hard to vote against that cartoon muscle that is perfectly placed. But, as soon as he stands next to Jay it becomes a size game. Jays legs are too freaky and he is twice as wide as Phil.

On a side note Chris, you should be happy to hear that you won the official "Should Kai get a new trainer" thread. Members voted from a list of Gurus and you got 41 votes. Coming in second was Dave Palumbo with 34 votes. If you would like to add this to your resume, feel free!

Bottom line, we want to see a freaky Kai next time out and you were picked for the job.

thanx for da info cris

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by BigJD69 View Post
    Chris let me ask you all these guys like Jay Branch etc. all are humongous but so are their guts, which IMO throws off a person's symmetry. Why are the powers in BBing honoring the bloated gut look??? My top 3 would of been in no particilar order Heath, Dexter and Rockel, IMO that is the look of an Olympian!!!!
    I couldnt agree more with this post. Seems to me the game change drastically since the days of Dorian....

Quote Originally Posted by BigJD69 View Post
    Thius is a great!!! Question. My answer: in photos, "guts" are noiceable. But at a show, the elevel of condisioning , the size of the back and width of a person...in person u often dont say " look at that gut" but it shows up on pics. Pics are not the show.(real life)

RX MEMBER

Tell the haters to suck it!

Thank you for the honest opinions we can count on you to give.

Any hate email from the fans hanging onto kai's gorilla balls because you said he would not win an olympia?

Quote Originally Posted by Medium Extreme View Post
    When I was watching prejudging the only athlete that shocked me was Phil. It's hard to vote against that cartoon muscle that is perfectly placed. But, as soon as he stands next to Jay it becomes a size game. Jays legs are too freaky and he is twice as wide as Phil.

On a side note Chris, you should be happy to hear that you won the official "Should Kai get a new trainer" thread. Members voted from a list of Gurus and you got 41 votes. Coming in second was Dave Palumbo with 34 votes. If you would like to add this to your resume, feel free!

Bottom line, we want to see a freaky Kai next time out and you were picked for the job.
    GREAT! at Daves guru summit we can talk about that

Chris, just fyi, you're probably one of my favorite guests on HMR, and you NEED to join the whack pack!

Team Provo, Chem Moderator Provo82's Avatar

very cool thanks chris

i'm a huge jay cutler fan,but even i have to admit that phil is what a mr.olympia should look like.

There was an interesting moment in the LV Golds locker room yesterday afternoon. When I went to take a piss, I noticed Jay Cutler trying to console and talk-up Branch Warren who sounded and looked very down/depressed following the Olympia.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast