Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    there would be 4, when bbing is phase out adter 2011.

I guess it will be 5 and then revert back to 4 when FBB is phased out according to Chic.

Just a serious question. Will this be the end of the Ms. Olympia Women's bodybuilding competition and the start of the new Ms.Olympia Women's physique divsiion title? Or will they just continue on with the next Ms.Olympia after FBB is phased out simply continue as the WPD winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Female Bodybuilding will never be gone.

NPC or IFBB as organizations make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

The top female bodybuilder in the sport goes unrecognized and basically unpaid as well, so I suspect that the hundreds or thousands of women competitors won't suddenly give up their enjoyment of a sport because some "panel of expert accountants" have determined that the sport is no longer viable.

Sure, Iris will be amazing pared down or scaled back, but if it's no longer FBB then there's an asterisk by her name for number of Olympia titles.

Where's the respect for the sport and the athletes? I am looking forward to reading more arguments for this possible change as well as reaction from the women (other than those who have already voiced their opinion) who will feel the impact.

I wonder if Paul Dillett's organization has this on their agenda? The OCB and NABBA organizations? Surely their are other federations which will not limit their female athletes.

And that's my ax. I'm not crying at the thought of what I'll miss but lamenting the loss of freedom of female competitors to simply compete as they see fit. Let them come in as big as they want or as small as they desire, but don't play semantic games by calling it Physique versus BodyBUILDING.

They powers that be didn't have the spines or cajones to put their 20% rule into action, so why should anyone expect that changing the name of the category will make the female side of the sport any better or more appealing to the masses?

Long live FBB!

Well said Curt. Reps upon recharge.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Female Bodybuilding will never be gone.

NPC or IFBB as organizations make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

The top female bodybuilder in the sport goes unrecognized and basically unpaid as well, so I suspect that the hundreds or thousands of women competitors won't suddenly give up their enjoyment of a sport because some "panel of expert accountants" has determined that the sport is no longer viable.

Sure, Iris will be amazing pared down or scaled back, but if it's no longer FBB then there's an asterisk by her name for number of Olympia titles.

Where's the respect for the sport and the athletes? I am looking forward to reading more arguments for this possible change as well as reaction from the women (other than those who have already voiced their opinion) who will feel the impact.

I wonder if Paul Dillett's organization has this on their agenda? The OCB and NABBA organizations? Surely their are other federations which will not limit their female athletes.

And that's my ax. I'm not crying at the thought of what I'll miss but lamenting the loss of freedom of female competitors to simply compete as they see fit. Let them come in as big as they want or as small as they desire, but don't play semantic games by calling it Physique versus BodyBUILDING.

They powers that be didn't have the spines or cajones to put their 20% rule into action, so why should anyone expect that changing the name of the category will make the female side of the sport any better or more appealing to the masses?

Long live FBB!

Same thing I told Dawn this morning, although in quite a few more words than this

This is it exactly though... you all should do what you want, what you feel, what makes you happiest, be it getting extra large like a 454 Big Block supercharged engine, or streamlined like a high performance V6 intercooled engine. As long as you are not hurting anyone, why should anyone dictate what you do, or who you are to be? Do we not get enough of that already?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by debbiebramwell View Post
    darling thats not true, I wish I was home so I can find pics of myself to download and show you what I looked like when I competed naturally(which I did for many years) I am a bodybuilder because thats where my genetics led me naturally.I know figure girls who take way more then I ever did..
    If im proven wrong I will admit it..

And who says she has as good of genetics and you? And just becuse you can doesnt mean 99% of the rest of the population can.. =)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    there would be 4, when bbing is phase out after 2011.
    Where is that information coming from?

Just because a few people might *hope* women's bodybuilding will just go away doesn't mean it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    If im proven wrong I will admit it..

And who says she has as good of genetics and you? And just becuse you can doesnt mean 99% of the rest of the population can.. =)

Being a dude, I don't know what to believe. I know some girls in person that are pretty muscular (like way more muscular than Gina) and insist that if they do skull crushers with over a 40lb barbell their arms get too big... Also insist they don't use drugs. Considering I have to squat 4 plates to failure every god damn week just to put a few measly pounds on every couple of months makes it sort of hard to believe. But how do I know.

I have no idea who to believe, nor do I really care lol

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStrength12 View Post
    Being a dude, I don't know what to believe. I know some girls in person that are pretty muscular (like way more muscular than Gina) and insist that if they do skull crushers with over a 40lb barbell their arms get too big... Also insist they don't use drugs. Considering I have to squat 4 plates to failure every god damn week just to put a few measly pounds on every couple of months makes it sort of hard to believe. But how do I know.

its in contest conditioning its easy to tell the natural from the enhanced. Especially if the delts pops out like crazy etc

and I think its worse for a girl to admit to using then a man also.

Birmingham , alabama with my wonderful hubby aka saiyajinali

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStrength12 View Post

If you are someone with good genetics you will believe it , if you are someone with crappy genetics then you wont..

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    Same thing I told Dawn this morning, although in quite a few more words than this

This is it exactly though... you all should do what you want, what you feel, what makes you happiest, be it getting extra large like a 454 Big Block supercharged engine, or streamlined like a high performance V6 intercooled engine. As long as you are not hurting anyone, why should anyone dictate what you do, or who you are to be? Do we not get enough of that already?

I still think "what we want" is a relative thing. Did Rachel McLish become Ms O in 1981 (or so) w/ the idea that she wanted to be big as fuck w/ 18" biceps and weigh in at 170? I don't think women had really even mentally explored that extreme at that time. When they see what is possible, that is what puts the idea in someone's head if they want to go there or not. I.e. you're only limited by your mind. I suspect if this physique thing takes off and we see a different flavor of hard, muscular but very aesthetic physiques (e.g. international FBB), then that might become more of what "we" want and the whole "get as big as fuck" just gets to be passe'.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    I still think "what we want" is a relative thing. Did Rachel McLish become Ms O in 1981 (or so) w/ the idea that she wanted to be big as fuck w/ 18" biceps and weigh in at 170? I don't think women had really even mentally explored that extreme at that time. When they see what is possible, that is what puts the idea in someone's head if they want to go there or not. I.e. you're only limited by your mind. I suspect if this physique thing takes off and we see a different flavor of hard, muscular but very aesthetic physiques (e.g. international FBB), then that might become more of what "we" want and the whole "get as big as fuck" just gets to be passe'.

As always, time will tell. I am willing to wait to see what happens.
    Last edited by Gaoshang Xiongshou; 10-20-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Yep only time will tell...now the waiting begins.
    BTW GX, Congrats to the both of you. Wishing you both many years of happiness .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    As always, time will tell.

If you are someone with good genetics you will believe it , if you are someone with crappy genetics then you wont..
    I have very average genetics...and I definitely believe it. I've seen too much for success (men or women) to be "all drugs" in every case.

People like Ronnie would be bigger than 90% of drug-users even if he had NEVER touched anything more than a can of tuna, bowl of rice and bottle of KC Masterpiece!

To think that the same thing can't be the case on the female side is just ignorant.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Yep only time will tell...now the waiting begins.
    BTW GX, Congrats to the both of you. Wishing you both many years of happiness .

Thank you!

Birmingham , alabama with my wonderful hubby aka saiyajinali

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-H_2005 View Post
    I have very average genetics...and I definitely believe it. I've seen too much for success (men or women) to be "all drugs" in every case.

People like Ronnie would be bigger than 90% of drug-users even if he had NEVER touched anything more than a can of tuna, bowl of rice and bottle of KC Masterpiece!

To think that the same thing can't be the case on the female side is just ignorant.
    you got it! smart reasonable post!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-H_2005 View Post

This is very true, but Ronnie is one of a kind. Very pro bodybuilders train with his intesnity/load today.

I think it's a little more complicated than that. Or Swede's answer. Lol

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast