Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    MUSCLEHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Femphysiquefan View Post
    OK that helps to clarify. Sounds like a more muscular figure division (all those women are figure competitiors) without the heels and not limited to quarter-turns.
    That's what I thought when those names were mentioned. So basically the size of a figure girl is as big as the "Women's Physique" division will be?

Quote Originally Posted by maximus decimus View Post
    I'll provide some insight into this proposed change, talked to Bob Chic at the Nationals about this very subject.

apparently, Him and Betty have put in a proposal to basically start a new division called "Womens Physique" which will TAKE THE PLACE of FBB

This new division will NOT be done in heels, it will be barefoot, and have a routine like the bodybuilding and quarter turnes, the difference is, the girls will look like trumped up figure chicks instead of FBBers

the womens BB division will be phased out over the next year or so..as numbers have fallen so bad in FBB that they cant justify the class anymore.

Chic is writing up the details, and it will be put in place THIS coming year. He also said there will NOT be any "classic BB" class or any other form of FBB division, theyre just getting rid of it all together

I was surprised when he told me BETTY was on board with this, but then again she is a promoter and looks like she is sick of all the drug look and negative press, I hear she's lost a lot of muscle lately.

It's still a stupid idea, regardless of who you talked to.

With the exception of the industry schmoes/schmoettes from MD, Rx and the like, over 95% of the people who filled the seats in Atlanta were the friends and family of competitors IN the show. No random person walking down Peachtree St. said, "Hmm, a national physique show - I think I'll go inside and check it out."

Try again.

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by Femphysiquefan View Post
    OK that helps to clarify. Sounds like a more muscular figure division (all those women are figure competitiors) without the heels and not limited to quarter-turns.

here is how Chic exlpained it to me, figure is in the middle, bikini is 20% less than figure, womens physique is 20% more than figure.......they'll have mandatory poses, just feminized and a posing routine

and fitness would be what?

MUSCLEHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by ~gymdiva~ View Post
    Prob gone

hmm...gonna have to think on this one. Could be good could be bad

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by Tre View Post

It's still a stupid idea, regardless of who you talked to.

With the exception of the industry schmoes/schmoettes from MD, Rx and the like, over 95% of the people who filled the seats in Atlanta were the friends and family of competitors IN the show. No random person walking down Peachtree St. said, "Hmm, a national physique show - I think I'll go inside and check it out."

Try again.

Why? Is it a "smart" idea to keep a dead division alive? There is no interest, money or numbers to support it. This new division will be a huge sucess for the very reason that more women would want to look like Ava Cowan rather than Iris Kyle

looks like they ARE trying agin

NOVICE

fitness physiques are slightly more muscular than figure girls due to the physical demand. They need to start getting the fitness division going again with some new talent, same line up for many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    Lada Plihalova is bodyfitness?

Katka Kyptova is physique? I love both and they look good. Katka was bodyfitness before she went to physique. She even competed in the us as FBB if I remember correctly.
    Well to us - me and Katka - just to see "NABBA Figure" as something similar.... - we both were FIGURE - she was tall and I was short.....
    I got the internal report later, where was said that Katka was TOO BIG for FIGURE - she was at the edge of Figure/Physique class. They let her won because of her conditioning. Anyway suggested her next time to go to Physique. Later she SWITCHED back to IFBB - that is why on Arnold she competed as FBB. She is back in IFBB....
    I was classified as "perfect shape and size" for Figure, but I was softer, therefore I placed 4th in my class. Very tight. But as you may see I am really a little bit tinier.

Anyway when I was in USA not a long time ago - off course offseason look - many people were surprised I am FIGURE NABBA - they classified me as middle or lightheavy weight class FBB - just for you to have the imagination of the size.

My view is:

I guess what IFBB comitee should do first is to EQUAL STANDARDS FOR EUROPEAN IFBB AND USAs NPC - because for example we here have only 2 weight classes in FBB, USA have 4 weight classes. Figure in Europe NOW is way bigger and harder and leaner than USA - where as I saw girls are more curvy but SOFT. Fitness is the same now at both continets I guess.... European pattern spreaded over Asia too - where IFBB plays more and more important role.

PROBLEM is when girls from "old" continent are compared to USA girls - than may happen situations as on Arnold when one girl lost in USA and WON EUROPE few weeks after that. For Example. (same what you said)

HERE Physique class supply lightweight I guess. As they cancelled lightweights when majority of smaller bodybuilders went to figure (called bodyfitness in IFBB here). But in USA you HAVE lightweights.... so what to supply there... And I guess yould be very unhappy when the doubled standards would be in new classes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    Well to us - me and Katka - just to see "NABBA Figure" as something similar.... - we both were FIGURE - she was tall and I was short.....
    I got the internal report later, where was said that Katka was TOO BIG for FIGURE - she was at the edge of Figure/Physique class. They let her won because of her conditioning. Anyway suggested her next time to go to Physique. Later she SWITCHED back to IFBB - that is why on Arnold she competed as FBB. She is back in IFBB....
    I was classified as "perfect shape and size" for Figure, but I was softer, therefore I placed 4th in my class. Very tight. But as you may see I am really a little bit tinier.

Anyway when I was in USA not a long time ago - off course offseason look - many people were surprised I am FIGURE NABBA - they classified me as middle or lightheavy weight class FBB - just for you to have the imagination of the size.

My view is:

I guess what IFBB comitee should do first is to EQUAL STANDARDS FOR EUROPEAN IFBB AND USAs NPC - because for example we here have only 2 weight classes in FBB, USA have 4 weight classes. Figure in Europe NOW is way bigger and harder and leaner than USA - where as I saw girls are more curvy but SOFT. Fitness is the same now at both continets I guess.... European pattern spreaded over Asia too - where IFBB plays more and more important role.

PROBLEM is when girls from "old" continent are compared to USA girls - than may happen situations as on Arnold when one girl lost in USA and WON EUROPE few weeks after that. For Example. (same what you said)

HERE Physique class supply lightweight I guess. As they cancelled lightweights when majority of smaller bodybuilders went to figure (called bodyfitness in IFBB here). But in USA you HAVE lightweights.... so what to supply there... And I guess yould be very unhappy when the doubled standards would be in new classes again.

Good to see you chime in here Lada.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

NOVICE

I'll provide some insight into this proposed change, talked to Bob Chic at the Nationals about this very subject.

apparently, Him and Betty have put in a proposal to basically start a new division called "Womens Physique" which will TAKE THE PLACE of FBB

This new division will NOT be done in heels, it will be barefoot, and have a routine like the bodybuilding and quarter turnes, the difference is, the girls will look like trumped up figure chicks instead of FBBers

the womens BB division will be phased out over the next year or so..as numbers have fallen so bad in FBB that they cant justify the class anymore.

Chic is writing up the details, and it will be put in place THIS coming year. He also said there will NOT be any "classic BB" class or any other form of FBB division, theyre just getting rid of it all together

I was surprised when he told me BETTY was on board with this, but then again she is a promoter and looks like she is sick of all the drug look and negative press, I hear she's lost a lot of muscle lately.
    Lame.

NOVICE

here is how Chic exlpained it to me, figure is in the middle, bikini is 20% less than figure, womens physique is 20% more than figure.......they'll have mandatory poses, just feminized and a posing routine
    The problem is that you can't visually quantify 20% or whatever the number ends up being. If you think we have a problem with blurred lines between divisions now, just wait. The criteria will be vaguely worded and ambiguous just like now, and there will be more crossover and judging ineptitude.

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by deestar View Post
    The problem is that you can't visually quantify 20% or whatever the number ends up being. If you think we have a problem with blurred lines between divisions now, just wait. The criteria will be vaguely worded and ambiguous just like now, and there will be more crossover and judging ineptitude.

Its a sport judged by opinion, how else would it be outlined? Its relly not that tough to see a woman with too much muscle, or too masculine. Theyve defined bikini from figure pretty much I dont see why this wold be a problem.. getting competant judges would help..lol

I am with you on that. I'm all for it if it does happen.

this is all just a, I will believe it when I see it, issue again....no one enforced the 20% rule a few years ago and the few competitors that did do it were penalized and finished way lower than the previous year's placings....the heels don't bother me at all and if anything, they make my legs look better! and I look taller

but if this is actually going to take place then the judges have to show us they mean it and reward whatever it is they're hoping to see from now on...

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    I am with you on that. I'm all for it if it does happen.

the 20% rule wasnt enforced because it was impossible to enforce. 20% less of the standard FBB want going to make a difference. As for whether or no its going to happen, Chic assured me that it was voted on and passed

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast