Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

I thought physique was going to be the category between fitness and bodybuilding?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Bryant View Post
    My questions for Bob are: What happens on the NPC level next year. Will the judging at the pro-qualifyers reflect winners who have a realistic chance of continuing on in the pro WPD?

What happens at Team Universe. Will the bodybuilding winner represent the U.S. in Body Fitness or Physique (whatever they call it over there) or bodybuilding?
    Since they are having 6 WPD pro qualifiers next year they should leave BBing allow and let us have one more year to compete as we are and judge us as BBers. If some want to downsize for WPD then they should enter that catagory at the shows

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    I am very upset and sad about this because I love to compete but if staying true to myself means I don't fit into one of the catagories then I guess I don't compete but I will be happy with my look and how I train.
    This can be said in the exact opposite viewpoint in that there are a lot of women who win NQ's, are hard and conditioned but have no desire to put on more muscle to compete nationally (both tall competitors who don't want to weigh 190 9 months a year and the shorter competitors who are unable to lose the necessary muscle to compete in figure). Staying true to these people has meant never competing again with today's guidelines.

WPD seems to be what figure was supposed to be when it was first introduced and look where that got us.

There can be 10 divisions for all I care...as long as they can specify exactly what will be rewarded in each one. Until that happens, there is always going to be guessing, inconsistencies and WTF's after shows

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
    S2H...

Nice cuccumber you got there. LOL
    thank you..i'm a very open guy...and no chadstallion not that open....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse9 View Post
    This can be said in the exact opposite viewpoint in that there are a lot of women who win NQ's, are hard and conditioned but have no desire to put on more muscle to compete nationally
    then don't be a bodybuilder if you don't want muscle it's very simple

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse9 View Post
    This can be said in the exact opposite viewpoint in that there are a lot of women who win NQ's, are hard and conditioned but have no desire to put on more muscle to compete nationally (both tall competitors who don't want to weigh 190 9 months a year and the shorter competitors who are unable to lose the necessary muscle to compete in figure). Staying true to these people has meant never competing again with today's guidelines.

WPD seems to be what figure was supposed to be when it was first introduced and look where that got us.

There can be 10 divisions for all I care...as long as they can specify exactly what will be rewarded in each one. Until that happens, there is always going to be guessing, inconsistencies and WTF's after shows

Edna... uh I mean Mouse9, somehow I'm not surprised by your comments.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    then don't be a bodybuilder if you don't want muscle it's very simple
    You can be a bodybuilder and not use aas, but from the sounds of it, some people don't think that's possible. But you can't compete and win on a high level without using (for the one or two people who have, disregard)

Maybe, just maybe, there are those who train hard and like a little muscle but don't want to cross the line into supplementation.

This has been beaten to death on here and is not the point of this thread.

It would be great if they left FBB the way it is and if they want to add another division, no one should be threatened by it

Quote Originally Posted by fitbody View Post
    I wanna achieve my goal and dream

1. is to get my pro card in BODYBUILDING
    of course they may not give one seeing there may be no pro division to go onto

2. is to be a double national champ in 2 sports in 2 countries
    1. was US National Champ in Powerlifting
    2. want to me Canadian National Champ in BB

3. cuz i wanna go out even if this is the last year
    knowing i did all i could to be the biggest & best i could
    go out with a BANG

4. TO SEE HOW FAR I CAN TAKE IT
    i came back in 2008 after a 9 yr compeitive layoff
    after recovering from drug addiction
    then having my son and raising him to an age where i could start focusing on myself again
    when i came back to the stage he was 6
    i'd invested 6 full yrs of just working and being a mom
    now it was my turn to pursue my dream while i was still young enough to do it
    and before time passed me by

THEN MAYBE I'LL SWITCH TO BIKINI lol

LOL UR THE BEST DAWN!
    Wish u all the best at ur next shows!!!!!......including the bikini lol lol
    i might be doing it also for my comeback show lol

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    Edna... uh I mean Mouse9, somehow I'm not surprised by your comments.

No idea who Edna is but whatever you're inferring, sounds like it's a closed-minded view of my thoughts

FREAK

Quote Originally Posted by saiyajinali View Post
    Debacles like this should make one take a step back & re think their life priorities...

I personally wouldnt want to be anywhere where I wasn't wanted.. And it seems that FBB's are the red headed step children of the IFBB..

If it were a lucrative, profitable career I would understand jumping through hoops to conform & adapt, because it's how a living is made.

But hardly no money is made from a FBB's IFBB pro card.

Just hope the ends justifies the means.
    yep, and it is sad. what pisses me off is when they talk about how the numbers of fbbers has decreased and BLAME the fbber. BBing is a long term endeavor, not something like figure and bikini that you can jump right into with a degree of success. The NPC and IFBB are the ones who brought in figure/fitness/bikini offering an easier route (which I am not knocking those competitors) for many females and many females have choosen it. But don't blame FBBing for the numbers decreasing, blame yourself, the freaking organizations that deluted the sport with new softer divisions.

and the idea that FBBing is dying off is total BS, for the past several years we have seen more and more women crossing over from figure to fbbing. if the organizations didn't like the look at the top, they have no one to blame but themself for constantly rewarding it. look at the Tampa Pro, 27 PRO IFBB FBBers! I think the recent up turn in the numbers of competitors competing is partly the reason for this change. They realize it is not dead, it will never die, so the only thing left to do is kill it if you want to get rid of it... and apparently that is what they want.

I don't think any woman in her right mind would get into bodybuilding with some pipe dream that she will become rich and famous. Most of us evolve into the sport based on 1. our admiration of some ladies' physiques who have gone before us, 2. our enjoyment of the lifestyle (it's year round for us) and 3. we love feeling strong and challenging ourselves both in the gym and with our diets.
    It is a sport of extremes and there are other extreme sports out there that do not have a huge following. (relatively speaking).
    But this sport is definitely a sport of individualism. You, by nature, have to be strong, able to handle a certain degree of loneliness (your social life is limited for much of the year) and independent. You have to 'not care' because you are doing something that is unique and only a small percentage of people could even imagine the rigours of dieting that a bodybuilder has to put themselves through. So the people attracted to the sport are a different breed. And nothing wrong with that....diversity is great and each person has a different reason for wanting to get that elusive pro card.
    But there really is no where to go for those ladies who love (the above), who have been doing it for years and who have built a solid base of muscle. Taking that muscle away would take YEARS. Look at Kim C. when she made her comeback in fitness/figure. She was quoted that she did something like 2 hours cardio a day, ate barely any protein and did no training for a year.
    I'm all for the health of the athletes but I am NOT interested in stopping training. And personally, I'm not in a panic about this situation to be honest, but more curious how it will play itself out in reality..if FBB's keep showing up in numbers to the pro shows in 2011, will they still eliminate in 2012? There are still options out there in my opinion but it would take some involvement and commitment from everyone who loves this sport. And the reality is competing is $, dieting is lifestyle changing and not everyone can or should do every show that is out there. It just doesn't make sense.
    That said I wouldn't mind if they changed judging criteria slightly, but how can you define this when by it's very nature bodybuilding is about BUILDING THE BODY?
    So many questions...so few real answers....it's like talking about religion or politics....never an easy answer...

Quote Originally Posted by powergirl View Post
    I don't think any woman in her right mind would get into bodybuilding with some pipe dream that she will become rich and famous. Most of us evolve into the sport based on 1. our admiration of some ladies' physiques who have gone before us, 2. our enjoyment of the lifestyle (it's year round for us) and 3. we love feeling strong and challenging ourselves both in the gym and with our diets.
    It is a sport of extremes and there are other extreme sports out there that do not have a huge following. (relatively speaking).
    But this sport is definitely a sport of individualism. You, by nature, have to be strong, able to handle a certain degree of loneliness (your social life is limited for much of the year) and independent. You have to 'not care' because you are doing something that is unique and only a small percentage of people could even imagine the rigours of dieting that a bodybuilder has to put themselves through. So the people attracted to the sport are a different breed. And nothing wrong with that....diversity is great and each person has a different reason for wanting to get that elusive pro card.
    But there really is no where to go for those ladies who love (the above), who have been doing it for years and who have built a solid base of muscle. Taking that muscle away would take YEARS. Look at Kim C. when she made her comeback in fitness/figure. She was quoted that she did something like 2 hours cardio a day, ate barely any protein and did no training for a year.
    I'm all for the health of the athletes but I am NOT interested in stopping training. And personally, I'm not in a panic about this situation to be honest, but more curious how it will play itself out in reality..if FBB's keep showing up in numbers to the pro shows in 2011, will they still eliminate in 2012? There are still options out there in my opinion but it would take some involvement and commitment from everyone who loves this sport. And the reality is competing is $, dieting is lifestyle changing and not everyone can or should do every show that is out there. It just doesn't make sense.
    That said I wouldn't mind if they changed judging criteria slightly, but how can you define this when by it's very nature bodybuilding is about BUILDING THE BODY?
    So many questions...so few real answers....it's like talking about religion or politics....never an easy answer...
    i would hope the ifbb will reach out to women like yourself..to get a input and true feelings of the true FBB...having men dictate the criteria and impression of FBB is not the answer..i believe and hope that women in BB will stand strong and not conform to a ideal that isnt best for them and the sport...

Gotta say seeing all the pros that are not necessarily in "agreement" but intrigued speaks volumes to the fact that a change was obviously needed. PowerGirl your and Sassys posts are some of my favorite!

I'm slightly confused some people responded to my post about 5 categories for woman with BB is going to be gone. are they completely getting rid of FBB??? Is this still just rumor? I'm confused no where did I see that as truth but is that just what everyone is assuming will eventually happen? I have to say this is so much to process more criteria more guidelines more "close to BB physiques" its very confusing. I wish they would just take the european figure physiques and implement that look, no if ands or butts.

And I feel like I need to add the whole DRUG debate is getting so old. I understand GOOD GENETICS I get it. But women's bodies are made a certain way, period, to hold more fat and carry less muscle. It is how we are gentically designed. No amount of "genetics" in the world can change that. I have been competing for enough years to say in my experience not of my own body but of following competitors, I have NEVER EVER seen a women been told to "tone it down" who is natural and under 40 it just doesn't happen. You will never get big enough or hard enough naturally to have to be told to tone it down. Maybe told to fill out or come in slightly less dry but never full out tone it down that they are talking about now.

And before everyone gives me 900 examples of people who are natural I mean NATURAL like NOTHING "not I take so little AAS, I might as well be natural" or I take "over the counter stuff" that is so not natural when people say this to me its nothing more than a cover of their own ass. No one cares what you take its your own prerogative (hell if I had more guts I probably would have at one time too) but its either you do or you don't. "I do, but not a lot" is a cop out. Take someone with the best genetics in the world have them lift, eat perfect for 10 years even 15 years and as a WOMAN there is no way in hell they will ever look like the TOP PROS. (which is why usually after year 5 to 7ish is where I say a lot of competitors started adding in a little something here and there to push them over that hump). Lets stop playing the it has nothing to do with drugs game. It doesn't have EVERYTHING to do with it but especially with WOMEN it is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by fitmomma3 View Post
    Gotta say seeing all the pros that are not necessarily in "agreement" but intrigued speaks volumes to the fact that a change was obviously needed. PowerGirl your and Sassys posts are some of my favorite!

I'm slightly confused some people responded to my post about 5 categories for woman with BB is going to be gone. are they completely getting rid of FBB??? Is this still just rumor? I'm confused no where did I see that as truth but is that just what everyone is assuming will eventually happen? I have to say this is so much to process more criteria more guidelines more "close to BB physiques" its very confusing. I wish they would just take the european figure physiques and implement that look, no if ands or butts.

And I feel like I need to add the whole DRUG debate is getting so old. I understand GOOD GENETICS I get it. But women's bodies are made a certain way, period, to hold more fat and carry less muscle. It is how we are gentically designed. No amount of "genetics" in the world can change that. I have been competing for enough years to say in my experience not of my own body but of following competitors, I have NEVER EVER seen a women been told to "tone it down" who is natural and under 40 it just doesn't happen. You will never get big enough or hard enough naturally to have to be told to tone it down. Maybe told to fill out or come in slightly less dry but never full out tone it down that they are talking about now.

And before everyone gives me 900 examples of people who are natural I mean NATURAL like NOTHING "not I take so little AAS, I might as well be natural" or I take "over the counter stuff" that is so not natural when people say this to me its nothing more than a cover of their own ass. No one cares what you take its your own prerogative (hell if I had more guts I probably would have at one time too) but its either you do or you don't. "I do, but not a lot" is a cop out. Take someone with the best genetics in the world have them lift, eat perfect for 10 years even 15 years and as a WOMAN there is no way in hell they will ever look like the TOP PROS. (which is why usually after year 5 to 7ish is where I say a lot of competitors started adding in a little something here and there to push them over that hump). Lets stop playing the it has nothing to do with drugs game. It doesn't have EVERYTHING to do with it but especially with WOMEN it is significant.

So far as most of us understand it, the new Women's Physique Division will be the 5th women's division. It will eventually phase out FBB, not immediately. It could take a year or two according to the discussion so far....... Again most of this is speculation and scuttlebutt. No official word as of yet. But this is the prevailing thought.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

ok thanks for clearing that up its hard to keep up with all the posts I thought I missed something completely.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast