Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Team Provo, Chem Moderator Provo82's Avatar

Hey dr anthony thanks a lot for your informative reply I really appreciate it very helpful and thorough.. Yes I'm very curious to how your style, dr thomas occonors style and my cardiologist differ. I hope you don't mind.

Sports Medicine Physician Tony Human, DO CSCS's Avatar

Not in the slightest. I honestly feel, as i said, that the more information one can obtain, from the best sources, the better. I am pretty laid-back where most docs unfamiliar with bodybuilders, might freak-out. I think Dr. O'Conner and I treat similarly, but personality-wise, we are totally different. I am the farthest thing from a self-promoter.

thanks for understanding. Sometimes advice from one doctor to another is vastly different. So far your explanation has been the most informative. Although my doctor tells me not to worry hes somewhat ambiguous. From what ive read it said that lvh can be reversed when the underlying cause treated. So i guess where you and my cardiologist differ is that he denies that the lvh can be caused from exercise. Hes convinced its the high blood pressure. However i see why he comes to this conclusion because my white coat hypertension is much much worse than my readings when im not in a doctors office. At my worst(before treatment) my reading at home were 140/80 but in the drs office would be much higher along with my heart rate through the roof when i would go in there. So its only logical for him to come to that conclusion and think that i am down playing the blood presssure........ sorry to go rant

For the time being im staying away from gear and eating healthy keeping my bp nice and low. If i ever do decide to return to bodybuilding i would consider competing as a middleweight instead of a light heavy so even in the offseason i could keep my weight no higher than 200 lbs opposed to 225-230. Because at 200 my bp is fantastic. Thanks again for your quick and thorough reply

Quote Originally Posted by Provo82 View Post
    thanks for understanding. Sometimes advice from one doctor to another is vastly different. So far your explanation has been the most informative. Although my doctor tells me not to worry hes somewhat ambiguous. From what ive read it said that lvh can be reversed when the underlying cause treated. So i guess where you and my cardiologist differ is that he denies that the lvh can be caused from exercise. Hes convinced its the high blood pressure. However i see why he comes to this conclusion because my white coat hypertension is much much worse than my readings when im not in a doctors office. At my worst(before treatment) my reading at home were 140/80 but in the drs office would be much higher along with my heart rate through the roof when i would go in there. So its only logical for him to come to that conclusion and think that i am down playing the blood presssure........ sorry to go rant

For the time being im staying away from gear and eating healthy keeping my bp nice and low. If i ever do decide to return to bodybuilding i would consider competing as a middleweight instead of a light heavy so even in the offseason i could keep my weight no higher than 200 lbs opposed to 225-230. Because at 200 my bp is fantastic. Thanks again for your quick and thorough reply
    Hey Provo,

Couldn't help but notice the Anabolic Doc's answer. LOL. After 2 paragraphs of him patting himself on the back about his discovery and his treatment protocols....he did what I said and said go back to your doc. Yes, he recommended better control of your bp, and cardio...like I did, but after a bunch of self promotion. PS-We knew about LVH and resistance exercise, and LVH and AS....well before The Anabolic Doc "invented" it. He just renamed it.

One thing I do continue to recommend that he didn't is repeat periodic echo-cardiograms to monitor progression.

Doc.

RX MEMBER

Hey Doc, good to have you on board. It's great to have someone to help those of us in the physical culture world.

I was wondering if you have any colleagues in Connecticut that you would recomend. I obviously know about O'Connor, but the guys ego and attitude are just a bit much and I'd like to see a Sports Med guy that is a little less of a salesman.

So, any Sports Medicine doc's up my way that maybe you've met in your years of practicing medicine? or do you know of a good way to find one?

Georgia is just a little far for a doc appointment.

I must say, i agree with Jer on this one. Ive been trying to dig for a bit of time now, and not had success as of yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Hey Doc, good to have you on board. It's great to have someone to help those of us in the physical culture world.

I was wondering if you have any colleagues in Connecticut that you would recomend. I obviously know about O'Connor, but the guys ego and attitude are just a bit much and I'd like to see a Sports Med guy that is a little less of a salesman.

So, any Sports Medicine doc's up my way that maybe you've met in your years of practicing medicine? or do you know of a good way to find one?

Georgia is just a little far for a doc appointment.
    Let me check some colleagues. I'll see what i come up with.

Doc

You know Carlton Colker, MD is in Greenwich, right? He's not as bad as O'Conner, and one of the guys I looked up to in starting to treat Lifters.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhuman View Post
    You know Carlton Colker, MD is in Greenwich, right? He's not as bad as O'Conner, and one of the guys I looked up to in starting to treat Lifters.
    I didn't realize his practice was there. I thought he was in NYC.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhuman View Post
    Hey Provo,

Couldn't help but notice the Anabolic Doc's answer. LOL. After 2 paragraphs of him patting himself on the back about his discovery and his treatment protocols....he did what I said and said go back to your doc. Yes, he recommended better control of your bp, and cardio...like I did, but after a bunch of self promotion. PS-We knew about LVH and resistance exercise, and LVH and AS....well before The Anabolic Doc "invented" it. He just renamed it.

One thing I do continue to recommend that he didn't is repeat periodic echo-cardiograms to monitor progression.

Doc.
    yes i must admit that your response was much more specific and helpful. Also fyi i enjoyed your newest article coool stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Provo82 View Post
    yes i must admit that your response was much more specific and helpful. Also fyi i enjoyed your newest article coool stuff!

Thanks. Glad you liked it.

great articles doc,
    -what in your opinion should a bodybuilder do for low libido due to excessive(long duration) finesteride use?

would appreciate your input
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mr intensity View Post
    great articles doc,
    -what in your opinion should a bodybuilder do for low libido due to excessive(long duration) finesteride use?

would appreciate your input
    thank you

Well, are you on Testosterone? If not, try some moderate dose replacement or prescription cabergoline. Our along a more natural route, tribulus or yohimbe.

Doc

RX MEMBER

Hey Doc,

I competed on October 2nd of this year. I was pretty misinformed during the process, I ran EQ/Prop/Win/Tren up until a week out from the show. I took Arimidex the last two weeks before the show and hopped on nolvadex XT afterwards until now. I just started a cycle of Test E @ 1000 mgs per week with Tren @ 50mg EOD and IGF1LR3 @40mcg on my lifting days. I'm learning this all as I go along but I've been taking gear for years without hair loss I have a thick set of hair but I started this cycle 2 weeks ago and i've thought my hair has been thinning all month but it is really thinning out now. What can I do to reverse this? Is regrowing that hair possible? A friend reccomended that I take arimidex only if i start to itch. Is it smart to just go ahead and run it throughout my cycle to play it safe? Would there be any benefits to running Dbol within this cycle or is that a little too much. I competed @ 170 on Oct 2nd and I'm looking to compete in the Europa in April at the high end of the middleweight category. Thanks Doc, its great to be able to get definite answers to these questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Hey Doc,

I competed on October 2nd of this year. I was pretty misinformed during the process, I ran EQ/Prop/Win/Tren up until a week out from the show. I took Arimidex the last two weeks before the show and hopped on nolvadex XT afterwards until now. I just started a cycle of Test E @ 1000 mgs per week with Tren @ 50mg EOD and IGF1LR3 @40mcg on my lifting days. I'm learning this all as I go along but I've been taking gear for years without hair loss I have a thick set of hair but I started this cycle 2 weeks ago and i've thought my hair has been thinning all month but it is really thinning out now. What can I do to reverse this? Is regrowing that hair possible? A friend reccomended that I take arimidex only if i start to itch. Is it smart to just go ahead and run it throughout my cycle to play it safe? Would there be any benefits to running Dbol within this cycle or is that a little too much. I competed @ 170 on Oct 2nd and I'm looking to compete in the Europa in April at the high end of the middleweight category. Thanks Doc, its great to be able to get definite answers to these questions!
    Wrecked,

The best knowledge is gained through our experience. The hairloss is almost always an effect of DHT. DHT comes from testosterone. Tren converts to DHN, which is a milder androgen. Both will have an effect on androgen receptors in the scalp, but usually DHT to a much higher degree. Reversing it......or regrowth is theoretically possible with Rogaine. There is a natural supplement called Provillus, of which several patients that I have treated have used with success. Arimidex is a great anti-estrogen but can be overused. If you want to use it to decrease estrogenic side effects, I would use .5mg every 3rd day. Hairloss is an androgenic side effect. You could attempt to prevent further loss with finasteride during your cycle. I can not really recommend cycles or anabolic steroids as a medical professional but I would not add the Dbol. If you choose to run it, I'd stop the tren until closer to your April show. I would not run DBol for more than 6 weeks.

Good luck.

Doc

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast