Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    This.

Protocol for Bikini competitor - take 2 aspirins and call me in 2 years.
    I know a couple people who have already won very good regional shows at bikini with very minimal prep - but they think the 45 minutes of cardio they do a day is hard WORK. They lift 2-3 x a week mostly lunges and 5lb lateral raises, etc. Then, I have to hear them talk about..

You know... I'm just going to stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Sexy View Post
    Unfortunately ... that entails years of work. What people mean, they will do whatever it takes to get it NOW NOW NOW- be a CHAMPION AND PRO CARD NOW!

Ah, for some, it is that easy... some make-up and a boob job and there are some women out there who can turn pro immediately at bikini.

But no one wants to work. No one wants to REALLY REALLY work.
    Great post!!! I waited over a year to prep for my first show- no way was I going to compete until I looked the way I wanted to. People told me I could have last year, but I wasn't ready. Pro card? Who cares- I think that should be the icing on the cake. Some of these girls are only focusing on that, when they should be letting everything else fall into place.

A pro card is not the be all end all, look at Michelle Brent- 25 years and done more in this sport than some of the "IFBB Bikini Pros" with a card that haven't competed.

I'd rather take a year off after this season and train for Figure- I love striving for new goals and pushing my body to the limit.

LMAO at the "take 2 aspirin and call me in 2 years comment." LOVES IT.

PENCILNECK

You don't need drugs to do well in bikini.

This is a great thread. I have to be honest, I don't care what a bikini competitor uses to get ready for a show. If she wants to do a show then she should be able to prep for it HOWEVER she wants. All that being said:

IMHO a bikini shouldn't use test ever, or androgenics.
    IMHO clen/t3/small doses of nolva = fine

The one thing that jumped out at me here was the need to do it for the popularity and the desire to be "f&%ked" i.e.

"The I'll do whomever I have to win."

That's what gives the female side of the house the bad rep that it sometimes has. Of course there are men that take advantage of that too. It's sad IMO, I just wish all the people that competed didn't turn it into something twisted. Just my 2 cents.

TAGENT:
    The difference between a competitor (in any division) and a fame whore is mentality, attitude and hard work to compete against yourself.

CAVEAT: While I made a general statement there are diamonds in the rough that are incredible people and who I hope compete until they can no longer compete. I just hate hearing the stories and seeing with my own two eyes the use of a $40 trophy to take advantage of and twist young women and men.
    James "JT" Tucci www.jamestucci.blogspot.com Proud to be a DH Disciple

When I did Bikini last year for my 2nd show at Southern States, I used Clen (prescription formula) and 20mg. of Anavar.. Honestly, the Clen was great for shedding any remaining bodyfat.. But the "Var" was the worst decision I could've made. While I was still learning my body, after being fat for so long, I didn't realize how my genetics were.. And after using the var, it got me wayyy too hard for Bikini.. Made no sense, I almost looked like a figure girl next to the bikini women, hence the reason why I placed 12th in my class. Big Mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    If you need drugs to compete in bikini and figure, with new look, you have no business competing and need to start from scratch!

And DNP these people are insane! It would never cross my mind to use dnp - EVER!
    Ok so Suzanne I just saw your post on DNP.. Let me just say, that yes I did try it back in April when my hubby was prepping for his show.. Now, I have heard of all these pros using it, and honestly, I couldn't ever understand why someone would want to use it. Yes, you do shed body fat quickly, about 1 pound per day, on a small dosage.. But, you feel like straight DEATH on that crap.. I can't even begin to tell you how bad I felt after taking it.. I took it for 10 days in a row, and the first 7 days, I had chronic diarrhea, fatigue, and the worst nausea I have ever experienced in my entire life. On my second week, it was still bad, just the horrible symptoms went away, minus the fatigue.. While many people are still learning about DNP and how it affects the body, I would never ever recommend this to anyone.. And if anyone needs any information, its under Wikipedia. This stuff was used back in the day to ignite dynamite=deadly.. If you don't stay hydrated and constantly drink water, you can pass out and even death when taking too much and not knowing the side effects. The only thing positive I can say about this drug, is that I lost 1pound per day, so a total of 10pounds.. However, still was not worth the health risks involved.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSims View Post
    Ok so Suzanne I just saw your post on DNP.. Let me just say, that yes I did try it back in April when my hubby was prepping for his show.. Now, I have heard of all these pros using it, and honestly, I couldn't ever understand why someone would want to use it. Yes, you do shed body fat quickly, about 1 pound per day, on a small dosage.. But, you feel like straight DEATH on that crap.. I can't even begin to tell you how bad I felt after taking it.. I took it for 10 days in a row, and the first 7 days, I had chronic diarrhea, fatigue, and the worst nausea I have ever experienced in my entire life. On my second week, it was still bad, just the horrible symptoms went away, minus the fatigue.. While many people are still learning about DNP and how it affects the body, I would never ever recommend this to anyone.. And if anyone needs any information, its under Wikipedia. This stuff was used back in the day to ignite dynamite=deadly.. If you don't stay hydrated and constantly drink water, you can pass out and even death when taking too much and not knowing the side effects. The only thing positive I can say about this drug, is that I lost 1pound per day, so a total of 10pounds.. However, still was not worth the health risks involved.

Further you need to go thru a week or so of water retention while your body figures out wtf just happened, and based on the time you were incapacitated by the DNP cycle, you probably could've dropped that same 10 lb w/ diet & cardio. You exchange your wholle life for the period of the cycle for the results and feel like absolute shit, or you suck it up and do the work (and feel great that you can do the work) for about the same results.

Still... ain't nuttin for free.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Further you need to go thru a week or so of water retention while your body figures out wtf just happened, and based on the time you were incapacitated by the DNP cycle, you probably could've dropped that same 10 lb w/ diet & cardio. You exchange your wholle life for the period of the cycle for the results and feel like absolute shit, or you suck it up and do the work (and feel great that you can do the work) for about the same results.

Still... ain't nuttin for free.

Hey I wasn't saying I took that crap just to lose the weight.. Stupid me for even trying that shit.. I tried it because the coach that my hubby had put him on it and I decided to try it, in order to see how my body would respond to it. He did plenty of research on it before taking it for his last show, and the symptoms people got from it, were not nearly as bad as mine.. I am off-season at the moment and was while I tried a small cycle of DNP.. Meanwhile, I do know what it is to bust your ass in the gym, do cardio and diet, because I not only lost almost 100 pounds going from 220 to 128-contest weight.. But now I am jumping to WPD from Bikini and taking an extra year off in order to work my butt off for the new division.. The DNP is a substance that I never want to see again in my life.. LOL. Especially after the experience I had with it.. But to the Pros that do take it: You guys are definitely brave!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSims View Post
    Hey I wasn't saying I took that crap just to lose the weight.. Stupid me for even trying that shit.. I tried it because the coach that my hubby had put him on it and I decided to try it, in order to see how my body would respond to it. He did plenty of research on it before taking it for his last show, and the symptoms people got from it, were not nearly as bad as mine.. I am off-season at the moment and was while I tried a small cycle of DNP.. Meanwhile, I do know what it is to bust your ass in the gym, do cardio and diet, because I not only lost almost 100 pounds going from 220 to 128-contest weight.. But now I am jumping to WPD from Bikini and taking an extra year off in order to work my butt off for the new division.. The DNP is a substance that I never want to see again in my life.. LOL. Especially after the experience I had with it.. But to the Pros that do take it: You guys are definitely brave!!
    Every time "DNP" shows up on a discussion thread, there's always some dumbass who is looking for the magic bullet and decides to try it when they have no time spent on anything other than binge/purge / fad diet weight loss schemes and then discovers "ain't nuttin for free". So just reinforcing what you said.
    Last edited by sassy69; 06-24-2011 at 06:16 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Talking

Every time "DNP" shows up on a discussion thread, there's always some dumbass who is looking for the magic bullet and decides to try it when they have no time spent on anything other than binge/purge / fad diet weight loss schemes and then discovers "ain't nuttin for free". So just reinforcing what you said.

Oh trust me.. I understand completely where you are coming from. Even those who don't use DNP always asked me how I did my transformation, and want the "so called Secrets I used".. There are no secrets or shortcuts to my success.. Just sweat, tears, dieting, and tons of cardio. And yes it is true nothing worthwhile comes easy.. Im sure that if I took the "easy way out", I wouldn't appreciate the body and my health as I do now.

Hmmm... knew this was coming..

IMO its inevitable that Bikini competitors will continue the use of AAS & ancillaries as part of competition in the following ways:

1) get a minimal base of muscle to work with
    2) to cut up (i.e. fit estrogen)
    3) maintain (i.e. not go catabolic) the same "look" for an extended competition season of several (read up to 6-8??) shows / year and no "off-season"

Bear w/ me while I get on my soapbox for a minute... Bikini has incredibly low barriers to entry and encourages women to get on stage w/ an immediacy - i.e. the prep and view of competitoin lifespan is on the order of months or weeks instead of years. For BB you need a minimum of 2 solid years of lifting to develop a decent base of muscle and then time for muscle maturity to come into play in order to compete w/ reasonable results. This focus on the very short view / timeframe and also the view that it is about the competition and not the time spent prepping, expect competitors to make doing multiple shows in a season, the norm. Its not really that hard to prep for a Bikini show, but repeated preps and dieting, and possibly repeated use of water cutting / diuretics will start to take its toll on the body, and show in reduced quality of health, fullness, quality of sleep / recovery and potential catabolism (i.e. start getting skinny or skinnyfat).

To this end my primary recommendation is going to be that Bikini competitors, even beginners who just want to get on stage, is to step back and take the long view. Don't focus on how many shows you're going to do back to back, but rather spend your time up front developing the physique you want to bring to stage. If you don't have enough muscle mass (face it - most girls / women who aren't athletes, simply don't have a lot of muscle mass because they never spent time focusing on it), then spend the time - take a year and get on a hypertrophy program. Don't immediately start running around looking for AAS because your coach / bf / hubby / some guy at the gym who uses, told you "just get some winny or var - it will lean you out & tone you up". That's the quicky fix / easy way /short-sheeting yourself. If you don't have any muscle mass to begin w/, throwing in steroids w/o an already functioning and results-producing (read: its going to take more than 2 weeks to develop and maintain some muscle mass) diet & training program, you are just begging to fuck yourself up. THe guy suggesting this protocol probably already has a regular commitment to the gym & dieting. If your'e just getting into it, you have no idea about consistency, commitment (read: more than just a couple months of consistently going to the gym and you decided you LOVE IT and you'll do it forever -- nope... you might do it for 6 months & then get bored w/ it), and frankly, very simply how to train & diet and understand how exercise and nutrition work and how your body responds to it. THere's a whole other set of hormone-dependent issues that YOU (not your coach / bf / hubby/ some guy at the gym) need to understand, YOU need to be responsible for owning (both results & sides - YOUR body, YOUR results, YOUR sides - not your coach's / bf's / hubby's / some guy at the gym's) so YOU can make a responsible and informed decision about self-medicating w/ (mostly) controlled or prescription substances (usually from other than pharma-grade sources).

Stepping off that soapbox - do I think Bikini competitors are justified in using AAS to maintain muscle mass across several shows? Hey I don't care what you put in your body (I only care that you're intelligent, informed and responsible about it - but its still YOUR body, YOUR results, YOUR sides - doesn't affect my day if you develop a yeast infection or your hair falls out from a var cycle ). But I think, frankly its silly for a Bikini competitor to feel she needs to go that route. IMO Bikini was developed partially (primarily) to get more women involved in physique competition (read; bring in more revenue for the federation) and partially to help move away from the focus on steroid use. But given that most newb Bikini competitors are getting help from people who have been in the industry and are aware of all the tips, tricks and "tools" of the trade, these are the people who will start suggesting that said newb Bikini competitor could or should use a little of this or that to get a leg up on the competition. THe reality is that most (NPC) shows are not tested, so it is completely w/in the bounds of the show requirements (not getting into the discussion of people "cheating" by using AAS in tested shows or natty federations - IMO that's an integrity and sportsmanship issue and speaks volumes about the person competing...). HOWEVER, I dont' feel its necessary if the Bikini competitor takes the long view on her prep and her recovery time, doesn't fixate on "doing shows" and rather focuses on the physique development process, puts in the time and energy to develop a good base of muscle and learn how to manipulate a physique via diet & training.

THat said (i.e. if you read thru my post this far), IMO the ONLY thing that should be considered reasonable for a Bikini competitor who is fixated on doing a shitload of shows back to back and doesn't have a solid background in lifting already, anavar is it. YOu can search the Fem Chem forum and this whole site (use the search button) for info on a beginner var cycle. Some GH helps w/ maintenance and possibly some clen / t3 if cutting is an issue. Nolvadex is the only available SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator) that will operate on the ovarian estrogen cycle (noting that it is mostly pre-menopausal women competing - and it seems the younger you are, the more estrogen is going to be a challenge for you). But again, do your research - just because you heard about any of these from this thread or your coach / bf/ hubby / some guy at the gym doesn't mean its for you. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND MAKE AN INFORMED, RESPONSIBLE decision.

But this is not what I'd recommend as I think w/ the low barriers to entry and judging criteria for this category, it is better to spend some time doing a legitimate build phase and then a legitmate cut phase - learning how to diet down and manage your estrogen- issues (which affect most women - you're not just a poor victim of shitty genetics and oh woe is you cuz you can't lose weight and thus are justified in usign a shitload of steroids to "lean out & tone up" because you can't do it yourself in 2 weeks or less... sorry ...sarcasm... )
    i actually read that whole post...very informative..and i like your terminology..blunt yet polite..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456