Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Here;s a pic of the 2010 Universe winner Lirissa Cunha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RealLilSwole View Post
    Well I am gonna give my two cents whether any body likes it or not! WPD is the biggest crock of HORSESHIT I have ever heard of! Women's bodybuilding is what it is today because of JUDGES! When judges a few years ago where screaming to tone it down and lose 20%, they still continued to reward the physiques of Iris Kyle and the similar. If they really wanted to tone it down then the destiny of women's bodybuilding was in their hands. And now because of how they continued to reward the bigger more masculine girls, everyone else has to suffer.

Girls like to train just like the boys do, yet so many of my fellow friends have been told, oh, just stop lifting and do cardio. Seriously! What challenge is that? Any freaking hamster can get on a treadmill.

It seems funny to me that this is an all of a sudden change. It seems that since the Bryant Gumble special on HBO about women's bodybuilding that they all of a sudden want to crack down. I will also have to say that I can't beleive that the girl on there was showing all her gear to everyone like it was some prize. Personally, even though drugs exist in our world, I think she should have been banned from competing just because she was so upfront about it like it was a box of freaking skittles. Maybe I am an asshole and closed minded about it but JESUS CHRIST the shit is illegal and doesn't she have a kid that she is raising? Doesn't she know that being caught with gear could have been an automatic prison sentence?

I am also sick and tired of everyone screaming how they are natural and compete natural. There are MANY out there and I am not singling ANYONE out! There are bikini compeitiors out there that are taking as much gear as a bodybuilder. People need to be honest at least to them selves about their own personal habits. Maybe they don't have to tell everyone here on the boards what they do but don't come on here with the whole holier than thou attitude of oh I would never do or take that.

I keep going back and forth in my mind as to what I think. I think for a second it could be cool cause I am a smaller chick then again, oh Bob Chick-o says Lightweight bodybuilders are still too big! Well here is another JESUS CHRIST! Lightweights are only up to 115! Are we looking for girls that are anorexic or bulemic. I barley made weight at nats this year. I am EXACTLY 5 feet and weight in an EXACTLY 115!

No offense to Bob. Bob is Bob and will always be Bob and its a WELL KNOWN fact that he doesn't, has never, and will never, find FBB attractive or have anything good to say about them. Now that is HIS opinion and I don't hold that against him. We all have opinions like most of us all have assholes! So having said this, I just don't understand why they are allowing him to speak on here concerning bodybuilding for women. Betty needs to get on here and defend or at least speak about her concerns and opinions.

Well if I am banned on here for my opinions then hasta la vista. I will always be a bodybuilder no matter what you want to call it. I will continue to live my life they way I want and build my body the way I want...doesn't mean I have to compete.
    Best post I've read in this entire thread and I couldn't agree more. There is nothing wrong with speaking your mind, so good for you!

Physique Critique Judge Quadsweep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Thats because she has been on vacation...she'll be back this week. She is on board and behind this 100%...

I'm sure she'll have plenty to share
    Aaaannd would she have her current position if she was not behind it 100%? Chances are she would not. Sorry Bob not trying to be a dick and you can ask Tammy Patnode or Debbie B. I am a really nice person but I am not behind this at all, at all, at all.

Jeff
    www.needtobuildmuscle.com Sponsored Athlete!

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

do i know you? ^
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by powergirl View Post
    Hi Tre -- I don't hear a lot of panic, I hear some concern as to getting specifics of height/weight EXAMPLES so that the year preceding the show, the athletes will not be wasting their time prepping for the show inappropriately...this is an extremely $$ sport and no one wants to waste their time to get on stage and have completely misunderstood the directive. (I'm speaking for quite a few people here, not necessarily myself).

Each show is an investment for a competitor (and their family) and requires months of dedication, sacrifice and savings of both personal life and those around them, in order to get on stage. Add in an additional $5-7000 if you're coming internationally (like myself) with hotel fees, car rental and air-fare. Then of course if you're paying for a coach to help steer you right...add another few digits to that...

IMHO, that's not panic, those are real questions that you'd ask if you were thinking of having a baby, prepping for a new career, or anything that requires more than 5 minutes of cause and effect on your life and those you love.
    Understood, Zoa, but while I'm not shy about my support for the new division, let's not also forget that it's a numbers game for the promoters, too.

It costs nothing except a few trophies for local/regional NPC promoters to offer women's bodybuilding in their shows. Even if they get only 8 entries, that's still an extra $1000, give or take.

At the national level, if there are 60 women in a show, you're talking about at least $20,000 from that group alone. Even though there were only 40 women bodybuilders in Atlanta, that number still represented at least $15,000 in revenue on entry fees and tickets sold alone.

But I readily admit that the value of women bodybuilders does not translate to the pro level.

That said, I haven't heard anyone from the Arnold Fitness Weekend camp say that the Ms. International competition is going to be eliminated after 2011. And it would greatly surprise me if Tim Gardner decided to boot them from his Tampa Pro after next year. I haven't spoken to Tim, however, so maybe that is his plan...I'd just be very surprised if it was.

It seems that the only real bone of contention is whether the Olympia organizers will continue to stage a Ms. Olympia competition. If they don't have anyone to sponsor the division, whatcha gonna do? So, the REAL Ms. Olympia goes away and Ms. International becomes the top title in your sport.

It's all hands on deck for 2011. Any amateur who's even thinking that she may be 'too big for physique' needs to get her butt onto an NPC bodybuilding stage next year and if they are physically - and financially - able, everyone who is nationally qualified should compete in 1-2 of the big shows.

Remember - NPC promoters don't sell supplements (well, at least not when they're putting on shows). These guys are there to sell entries to athletes and tickets to your friends and family. As long as you're providing them a viable revenue stream, they're going to keep it.

And as for the pro level, it would be HIGHLY unlikely for the IFBB to play a role in eliminating a significant revenue stream for their amateur affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Doll View Post
    If the npc/ifbb doesn't want FBB, there will be another organization to pick it up.

I kinda always liked the NABBA

Their Ms Physique is ripped!
    Would the NABBA welcome the hardcore women into their federation? And what do they offer that's different from the IFBB/NPC?

Quote Originally Posted by Manavs View Post
    Bob,

Thank you for addressing the 800lb elephant in the room -

To me, it begs the question - what will be in place to prevent the physique division from progressing too far or in your words "control progress"?
    LOL @ trying to limit progress

Double LOL @ thanking Bob for not being willing to call out the JUDGING panels

This whole notion of 'turning back the clock' would've been so easy to do and has been available to the JUDGES for the past decade-plus that this discussion has been going on.

When Jennifer McVicar - one of the HOTTEST FBBs ever - won the USAs in 2000, the judges were supposedly making a statement, as she was far from the biggest, freakiest competitor. IF the judges had continued down that path, where might we be today? Impossible to predict, but they've ALWAYS had the power to select less muscular champions with their scoresheets.

Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by K-Max View Post
    Would the NABBA welcome the hardcore women into their federation? And what do they offer that's different from the IFBB/NPC?
    With all due respect, this is a total non-starter in the U.S. and Canada, and most North American women are not planning to compete in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre View Post
    With all due respect, this is a total non-starter in the U.S. and Canada, and most North American women are not planning to compete in Europe.
    Ah ok. I wasn't 100% sure if they expanded into North America yet. My bad. Though I would imagine that if they did, they could benefit in running shows in very specific markets only (Say as how a TNA promotes shows vs a WWE tour feature house shows in broad markets) and filling in that void, if it was profitable for them.

That line of thought came up in my mind when Issac Hinds on siouxcountry responded to my post about certain markets that are used to the muscle culture and flourishes like in NYC.

But now that I think about it more, fundamental and perhaps extreme changes and rebuilding are what's needed more than tweaks in a federation that dominates in terms of broad areas of coverage in North America.

Physique Critique Judge Quadsweep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    do i know you? ^
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! Maybe you should say..."I don't know this mother fucker...no way! With all that has happened in the 26 years I have devoted...I just don't give a rats ass if I piss someone off.

Jeff
    www.needtobuildmuscle.com Sponsored Athlete!

Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    This gives me 24 months to amass a schmoe ARMY of untold proportions and financial POWER!

We will fill the Tribeca!

We will inundate the Veterans Memorial!

We will send wave after wave of ticket-purchasing fbb fans to the Las Vegas Convention Center!
    Curt you're getting really creepy.

IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER & National Champ Powerlifter fitbody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Doll View Post
    I like photos
    ME TOO
    i'm very VISUAL
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by RealLilSwole View Post
    Personally I think we should all quit lifting weights at the gym and just invest on the Shake Weight that you can buy on TV! HAHAHAHAHAH

frig a diggy
    then i'm gonna haveta find a new JOB & CAREER
    cuz i'm a old school personal trainer lol
    only use barbells & dumbells
    WHY?
    cuz they WORK !
    for what you ask ?
    building, toning, shaping your body
    so in other words....
    BODYBUILDING
    SSSSSSSSSsssssssssshhhhhhhhh
    don't use that word it's BAD
    it turns people off
    well did you know they used to think the world was flat
    until the people got educated
    man oh man
    whatz the world coming to
    oh yah doesn't HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF
    so back we go
    and then like 5 - 10 yrs from now
    guess what ?
    we'll be back here again

Quote Originally Posted by Tre View Post

It costs nothing except a few trophies for local/regional NPC promoters to offer women's bodybuilding in their shows. Even if they get only 8 entries, that's still an extra $1000, give or take.

At the national level, if there are 60 women in a show, you're talking about at least $20,000 from that group alone. Even though there were only 40 women bodybuilders in Atlanta, that number still represented at least $15,000 in revenue on entry fees and tickets sold alone.

And as for the pro level, it would be HIGHLY unlikely for the IFBB to play a role in eliminating a significant revenue stream for their amateur affiliate.
    exactly how i feel

Quote Originally Posted by K-Max View Post
    Ah ok. I wasn't 100% sure if they expanded into North America yet. My bad. Though I would imagine that if they did, they could benefit in running shows in very specific markets only (Say as how a TNA promotes shows vs a WWE tour feature house shows in broad markets) and filling in that void, if it was profitable for them.

That line of thought came up in my mind when Issac Hinds on siouxcountry responded to my post about certain markets that are used to the muscle culture and flourishes like in NYC.

But now that I think about it more, fundamental and perhaps extreme changes and rebuilding are what's needed more than tweaks in a federation that dominates in terms of broad areas of coverage in North America.

I think California also shares the same interest in muscle culture that New York does.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast