Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I said in the future, she might be able to surpass Becca. NOT NOW. Laura Phleps is doing real good but this young girl is putting up amazing numbers and I wanted to recognize her as such. I have a lot of respect for Becca for what she has accomplished.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Thats insane. A female bench pressing 385 is like a guy benching 800 lbs.
    Use discount code BARRETT15 = 15% off for the best bodybuilding supplements at IronMagLabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Katterle View Post
    Becca Swanson shirt benched 600 pounds.

She suit squatted 854 pounds.

She suit deadlifted 683 pounds.

This girl's a strong woman but she's so far away from Becca it's insulting to even mention her as a record taking possibility at this point.
    Think about what you're saying for gods sake.

Becca is almost twice this girls age and has been powerlifting since she was in elementary school. She weighs more and has been doing it longer.

Becca is using substances and (From what I am seeing in pictures) and its pretty clear this girl is not.

Of course Becca is strong but was she doing this at 19? If this girl continues on her path who the hell is to say she won't be as strong as Becca someday?
    Use discount code BARRETT15 = 15% off for the best bodybuilding supplements at IronMagLabs.com

just for the record folks... what you bench in the gym doesnt mean anything during competition. Your competition bench and your gym PR will never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by thesamewords View Post
    just for the record folks... what you bench in the gym doesnt mean anything during competition. Your competition bench and your gym PR will never be the same.

Agreed completely. However in Darilyn's case most of the lift in the videos I posted are competition. For the sake of discussion, if she lifts heavier in her gym workouts, that would be equally if not more impressive for me especially because she is a YOUNG FEMALE. 19 years old. Maybe my thread came across as a little sensational and I apologize for that, but I just wanted to recognize her feats. How many guys her age can even do that? And if you look at her, she does not even look overly muscular. So it baffles the mind that she can have such power in her lifts. She has also competed in "Drug Free" events. I think I should nickname her Supergirl.

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

She's benching 330 in a bench shirt at a multi-ply federation's meet.

So, she's got a 200-225 pound raw bench at (with a 24 hour weigh-in) 165-180 pounds bodyweight. How is that putting pro female bodybuilders to shame? And how is that even slightly comparable to Becca Swanson, who's the # 1 ranked, shirt/suit full powerlifter in the unlimited bodyweight division?
    ^^Don't you just love how all these knuckleheads come out of the woodworks whenever an impressive lift is posted?

So, you're not impressed by her strength. Good for you.

Most readers here probably aren't impressed by the fact that you're a tool. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by thesamewords View Post
    Good point.

The adrenaline rush one gets when preparing to compete means sweet fuck all to most athletes, you're right.

Thats awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    I said in the future, she might be able to surpass Becca. NOT NOW. Laura Phleps is doing real good but this young girl is putting up amazing numbers and I wanted to recognize her as such. I have a lot of respect for Becca for what she has accomplished.
    So, you're saying that she's going to deadlift 700 pounds and gain another 60 pounds of muscle tissue over the next 10 years? A woman's going to do this drug free? Not with her frame she's not. Is she planning on juicing up in the near future and cycling aggressively for years to come? I'd be amazed if a 165 pound drug free male lifter (who's shirt benching under 400 pounds) could catch up to Becca's numbers in that time period, let alone another female.

If you'd have just left the Becca Swanson future comparison out of your press release, you wouldn't be getting any grief from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Think about what you're saying for gods sake.

Becca is almost twice this girls age and has been powerlifting since she was in elementary school. She weighs more and has been doing it longer.

Becca is using substances and (From what I am seeing in pictures) and its pretty clear this girl is not.

Of course Becca is strong but was she doing this at 19? If this girl continues on her path who the hell is to say she won't be as strong as Becca someday?
    Becca started out in bodybuilding (meaning, she hasn't been "powerlifting since elementary school.")

When she was at her strongest, she weighed in at a solid 244 pounds (you think this 165 pound girl's gonna weigh 244 lean in her 30s?)

Over ten years ago, in Flex Magazine, put a spotlight on Swanson asking if she was the strongest women in bodybuilding. By the year 2000, Becca weighed over 200 pounds (with a low percentage of bodyfat.) She had won the NPC Nebraska State, Central States and Rocky Mountain Championships. But her trip to the NPC Junior Nationals relegated her to 4th in her class and it was apparent that the women’s bodybuilding world might not be ready for a 183 pound ripped, pro, female champion just yet. (How many FBB weigh 183 on stage? And this young lady's gonna pass her up based on her current, higher bodyfat %, 165lb bwt? And who cares if Becca used steroids and this girl doesn't. That's all the more evidence that this girl won't get to Becca's lifting level (Liz Willet's one of the women who came the closest to Becca, while continuing to pass drug tests, and she has to mass up to the high 200s in bodyweight to do so.)

After the NPC Junior Nats, Swanson turned her full attention to the sport where strength is king. "I have great respect for the discipline bodybuilders possess. But I love powerlifting. There’s no subjectivity. Either you lift the weight or you don’t. And you’re constantly challenged by new goals as your poundage increases." Becca stated in the coverage Flex magazine provided her that winter.

And you are aware that the female bencher being discussed initially in this thread benched that weight with a multi-ply bench shirt on, right? She can't really "benchpress" 350+ pounds. That weight would tear her arms out of her sockets if she didn't have the shirt on.

Again, no knock on her, just a knock on the comparison to Becca Swanson.

Becca started out in bodybuilding (meaning, she hasn't been "powerlifting since elementary school.")

When she was at her strongest, she weighed in at a solid 244 pounds (you think this 165 pound girl's gonna weigh 244 lean in her 30s?)

Over ten years ago, in Flex Magazine, put a spotlight on Swanson asking if she was the strongest women in bodybuilding. By the year 2000, Becca weighed over 200 pounds (with a low percentage of bodyfat.) She had won the NPC Nebraska State, Central States and Rocky Mountain Championships. But her trip to the NPC Junior Nationals relegated her to 4th in her class and it was apparent that the women’s bodybuilding world might not be ready for a 183 pound ripped, pro, female champion just yet. (How many FBB weigh 183 on stage? And this young lady's gonna pass her up based on her current, higher bodyfat %, 165lb bwt? And who cares if Becca used steroids and this girl doesn't. That's all the more evidence that this girl won't get to Becca's lifting level (Liz Willet's one of the women who came the closest to Becca, while continuing to pass drug tests, and she has to mass up to the high 200s in bodyweight to do so.)

After the NPC Junior Nats, Swanson turned her full attention to the sport where strength is king. "I have great respect for the discipline bodybuilders possess. But I love powerlifting. There’s no subjectivity. Either you lift the weight or you don’t. And you’re constantly challenged by new goals as your poundage increases." Becca stated in the coverage Flex magazine provided her that winter.

And you are aware that the female bencher being discussed initially in this thread benched that weight with a multi-ply bench shirt on, right? She can't really "benchpress" 350+ pounds. That weight would tear her arms out of her sockets if she didn't have the shirt on.

Again, no knock on her, just a knock on the comparison to Becca Swanson.

Why so sensistive about Becca. I said I respect her a great deal and I think I have posted a thread about her here in the past. I only said that she could not saying that she will or even guaranteeing it. Think of it as a goal for her to accomplish. She is very young and the poundages are astonishing, with or without a bench suit.

I can understand your anger if I said something like this: "In a few years time she will be better than Becca Swanson, mark my words." Thing is I have not. We can agree to disagree with this and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    Why so sensistive about Becca. I said I respect her a great deal and I think I have posted a thread about her here in the past. I only said that she could not saying that she will or even guaranteeing it. Think of it as a goal for her to accomplish. She is very young and the poundages are astonishing, with or without a bench suit.

I can understand your anger if I said something like this: "In a few years time she will be better than Becca Swanson, mark my words." Thing is I have not. We can agree to disagree with this and move on.
    Sounds good.

In the future, go ahead and claim that every upcoming teen/collegiate bodybuilder you feature will surpass Ronnie Coleman.

Make sure and predict that every state level amateur strongman champion will beat every record set by Derek Poundstone and Zydrunas Savickas.

And if you know any college kids who are deadlifting 500 pounds, then be sure the proclaim that they'll be pulling more than Benedikt Magnusson or Andy Bolton when they're older.

I'll make note that it's you who's making these claims and I won't bother to point out the absurdity of such a slim chance prediction made so far in advance.

Maybe next time, be careful even making the "strongest girl in the world" claim (in addition to the predictions.)

Zulfiya Chinshanlo from Kazakhstan clean and jerked 283 @ 116 and at 16 years of age (this is just one example.) The lady you're proclaiming is the strongest teen in the world couldn't even shoulder press that and she weighs 50 pounds more and she's 3 years older.

A shirted contest bench is not a stand alone indicator of being the strongest lifter in the world for any age/gender/bodyweight division.

Quote Originally Posted by pfunk View Post
    Do you think Tazzie is using real weight in this video. The 315 looks easy to her without any wrist straps or anything.

At about the 3:50 mark
    The jangle of the plates sounded just like 315 to me. I would def say it was real iron.

Maybe next time, be careful even making the "strongest girl in the world" claim (in addition to the predictions.)

Zulfiya Chinshanlo from Kazakhstan clean and jerked 283 @ 116 and at 16 years of age (this is just one example.) The lady you're proclaiming is the strongest teen in the world couldn't even shoulder press that and she weighs 50 pounds more and she's 3 years older.

A shirted contest bench is not a stand alone indicator of being the strongest lifter in the world for any age/gender/bodyweight division.
    she looka like a man. nice bulge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast