Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PENCILNECK

Default URG: Desperate Help needed.

Hi guys, i just want some advice on a diet i am starting out. i did a "contest prep" with a "guru" which cost me 500 dollers. i feel i got ripped off and it was a terrible experience therefore i am scared to go that path again. i was hoping the experienced members could pleaseeeee give me pointers on the diet im considering trying out. i am 195pounds at the moment with 33 inch waist. the diet is dave palumbo diet. the main concern i have is i am using 2 tablespoon natural peanut butter. but most places says one. on one im fairly hungry. should i go with the one or the 2?

this is the diet supps etc i have planned out. i work long crazy hours. so cardio has to be done on these days for now. the protein powder i have has few grms of carbs. under 5 grams per serve. i noticed in some of palumbos diets he has up to 50 gms of carbs. i guess mine will come from the powders. please if anyone can help me any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

Diet

Morning Cardio Pre Training Supps
    Fat Burners + BCAA before Cardio in the AM. 45 MINUTES.
    Cardio: 4 times a week for first 8 weeks.
    5 times a week after 8 weeks and add a post work out cardio 20 minute session depending on conditioning.
    Cardio: Tuesday Morning, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning and Saturday morning

Meal 1: 6 Whole eggs + 8 egg whites
    Protein Shake
    Multi Vitamin
    Fish Oil

Meal 2: 50gm Protein Shake + 2 tablespoon all natural peanut butter (PWO)

Meal 3: 250gm Fish or Chicken + ½ cup raw almonds

Meal 4: 250gm Fish or Chicken + ½ cup raw almonds

Pre Training: Creatine + BCAA

Meal 5: Post Training
    250gm Steak + 1 can of tuna + 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
    Protein Shake + 3 egg whites

Meal 6: 50gm Protein Shake + 2 tablespoons
    Vitamin b12 + 1 flaxseed oil

Meal 7 Optional: 50gm Protein Shake with half cup raw almonds

Sunday night Cheat meal : Pizza and peaches + nectarines.
    Note: Cheat meal will start after 2 weeks of dieting without a cheat meal.

your eating way too much food, cut all protien meals down to 200gm, drop the 8 egg whites and protien shake from first meal. meal five is way too much, cut it to shake and mac oil, have 200gm steak salad or green veg wit mac oil for meal 6. Cut all almonds in half. And if u get stuck drop meal 7. You are 195 pounds not 250!

I agree with the abogve post, seems like a lot of food for dieting. Did u make this urself or was it laid out for you?

RX MEMBER

Protein is way too high and would suffice a 250 pound person..

PENCILNECK

i would like to say thanks you guys for the feedback. im sick of training hard and dieting and not getting the results because i am doing something wrong.

so i will take out protein shake from first meal.

second meal ill have one tablespoon peanut butter instead of 2.

meal 3 ill have quarter cup of almonds instead of half

meal 4 200gm fish and 1 tablespoon nat pb

meal 5 is right after my workout steak green salad and 1 tablesppon mac oil

meal 6 is before bed so protein shake 1 tb spoon pb

i have the meal 7 some times because i work 14 hrs and if i go with 6 meals a day i will have a gap of over 3 hrs with no food so i rathr eat something then nothing for that period of time. thats the only time i have the meal 7. just wanted to say i eat a wholeeee lot more then this and cant put on the wieght easily. thats why i didnt want to cut the meals too small. but you guys know better. the next 12 weeks i will follow this to a tee and i started today. thank you guys. appreciate it. also im going natural this time around.

jeremy 24 yeh i made it myself. looked at palumbo diet and just slightly modified with what im kind of doing now. no one laid it out for me. but im going to take your advices on this board and cut it back a bit and go with that.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by nick king View Post
    i would like to say thanks you guys for the feedback. im sick of training hard and dieting and not getting the results because i am doing something wrong.

so i will take out protein shake from first meal.

second meal ill have one tablespoon peanut butter instead of 2.

meal 3 ill have quarter cup of almonds instead of half

meal 4 200gm fish and 1 tablespoon nat pb

meal 5 is right after my workout steak green salad and 1 tablesppon mac oil

meal 6 is before bed so protein shake 1 tb spoon pb

i have the meal 7 some times because i work 14 hrs and if i go with 6 meals a day i will have a gap of over 3 hrs with no food so i rathr eat something then nothing for that period of time. thats the only time i have the meal 7. just wanted to say i eat a wholeeee lot more then this and cant put on the wieght easily. thats why i didnt want to cut the meals too small. but you guys know better. the next 12 weeks i will follow this to a tee and i started today. thank you guys. appreciate it. also im going natural this time around.

jeremy 24 yeh i made it myself. looked at palumbo diet and just slightly modified with what im kind of doing now. no one laid it out for me. but im going to take your advices on this board and cut it back a bit and go with that.
    Wow you are way too caught up in all the bullshit advice...I'm not a big fan of Keto unless your someone that holds on to weight quite easily or are someone using anabolics...that being said use...
    Pro 1.5 g/lbm
    Fat .5 g/lbm

You might be doing more harm than good using this type of diet and would do better by putting more fluid into the muscle with some carbs...Post a picture so I can give you a more dialed in answer...

PENCILNECK

ok i attached some pics so people may be able to give better advice? the first pic was last yr in a singlet when iwas bulking. i think i may have over done the "bulking" lol

the second pic without singlet or shirt is me around 10 weeks ago. tryingg to get ripped. i had 150gms of carbs on that one.

so now im totally confused. some people saying moderate fat high protein low carbs. now people say high carbs less fat high protein. everyone gives different advice i have no clue what to do now
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dude ur over thinking this way to hard...
    just do some research!

maybe look at the layne norton article in the contest prep section opening page towards the top.

if i were you i wouldnt go keto or carb cycling the considering you seem like your just starting out.

Just make a base diet with 1.5 g of protein per bodyweight
    ... then add in as many carbs as you feel is necessary

as long as you lose 2 ibs a week no less no more, your most likely doing things the right way.

so now im totally confused. some people saying moderate fat high protein low carbs. now people say high carbs less fat high protein. everyone gives different advice i have no clue what to do now
    Thats because "SOME" people respond well to higher carbs, and some people do not.
    Over the years you should keep a mental note of how you react to carbs in your diet, do you feel sluggish? do you have good energy? how is your mood?
    Your diet needs to play hand in hand with your training routine. You cannot just do this or that and expect to get results.

If you listen to Everyone and your mother about diet and training you will hear so many different opinions it will make your head spin (which is where you are right now)

Think back to how you react to certain diets you ran over the past, make mental notes about your mood, energy, and your strength in the gym. Whatever works FOR YOU is what YOU should do. Not just because x person got ripped on this diet or x person got great gains on this program. Everyone is different there are too many ways to skin the cat, its just finding what is OPTIMAL for you.
    2013 & 2014 RX Member of the Year
    2014 RX Muscle September Member of the Month

PENCILNECK

Thank you the solution. i think your answer was the solution

well i know when i have 250gms of carbs i put on some fat. i dropped it to 150gms and insane amount of cardio and i didnt get ripped but lost a lot of fat. as you can see in first pic. still not ripped but did get leaner. i have been having small amounts of carbs with high protein and havnt been doing cardio put on a very small amount of body fat. i started the dave palumbo diet for a 200lb person yesterday. i am following it to a t. its my second day so far and i feel good. its too soon to say anything but i will stick to this do my cardio 4 sessions a week 45 minutes each. look to burn 400calories per session and do my weights 5 days a week. try to keep it as heavy as possible. hitting each muscle group once a week except for calves which i will do twice a week.

i will stick to this diet. if it doesnt work then i will know how i feel on a high protein moderate fat diet.

in regards to carbohydrates. my energy levels are all over the place. high then low etc.

the worst that could happen is i will learn the hard way that this is not for me. if not it could actually be for me. only way to go is try it and see how irespond.

to sum it up the diet i am following is
    6 whole eggs 4 egg whites v

50gm protein shake 1 tablespoon nat peanut butter

200gm fish or chicke breast 1/3 cup almonds

200gm fish or chicke breast 1/3 cup almonds

post workout 250gm steak 1 table spoon macademia oil green veggies

50gm protein shake and 1 tablespoon peanut butter.

i will post pics after 4 to 6 weeks and let you guys know how i am going.

again thanks everyone for your advice. appreciate it.

Thank you the solution. i think your answer was the solution

well i know when i have 250gms of carbs i put on some fat. i dropped it to 150gms and insane amount of cardio and i didnt get ripped but lost a lot of fat. as you can see in first pic. still not ripped but did get leaner. i have been having small amounts of carbs with high protein and havnt been doing cardio put on a very small amount of body fat. i started the dave palumbo diet for a 200lb person yesterday. i am following it to a t. its my second day so far and i feel good. its too soon to say anything but i will stick to this do my cardio 4 sessions a week 45 minutes each. look to burn 400calories per session and do my weights 5 days a week. try to keep it as heavy as possible. hitting each muscle group once a week except for calves which i will do twice a week.
    Your statement is false. if you eat 250g of carbs and intake a caloric limit that keeps you in a caloric surplus its impossible to get fat. You do not understand the basic energy formula

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...-equation.html

Sure if you drop 100g of carbs thats 400 calories you will lose weight and perhaps get more shredded up due to holding less water (1g of carbs you intake holds 3g of water) its bound to happen. But did you keep your other macros adjusted for a total overall intake? if you ate 250g of protein and 50g of fat and had 250g of carbs, did you adjust this when you intook 150g of carbs to more protein and fat to see if there was an adjustment if total intake was the same? I bet not..

Also remember this.. Carbs are more protein sparing than people think. Having a higher carb diet helps include things like HIIT cardio where glucose is the primary fuel source, where as LISS cardio which Dave will incorporate on his plan is tapping fat reserves. If you utilize carbs well include them and take full advantage of them.

Hope this makes sense. But you cannot point the finger at carbs until you keep all things consitent and figure out that you are really carb sensative. I thought I was and i ended up eating 225g of carbs at my lowest on contest prep, and actually raised them to 400g daily towards the end of my prep to eat into my show, loaded on over 1500g of carbs in 2 days and actually lost weight. So much for being carb sensative eh? (not to mention I was 145lbs as well)

simple...spend the 500 on dave..and you dont have to think...

PENCILNECK

im just bit worried bout spending 500 on a contest prep "guru" last time i did that it was the BIGGEST waste of money ever. cut and paste job

I can vouche for ScoobySnacks (Jason Theobald) and tell you that he will definately bring you in looking great and has tiered packages as well ranging in price. So you may be able to hook up with him for cheaper then $500. I would suggest dropping him a p/m and chatting things over <shrugs> just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post
    I can vouche for ScoobySnacks (Jason Theobald) and tell you that he will definately bring you in looking great and has tiered packages as well ranging in price. So you may be able to hook up with him for cheaper then $500. I would suggest dropping him a p/m and chatting things over <shrugs> just my opinion
    You sir are a very wise man, hell if you read his and Layne Norton's articles that are all over these boards you can formulate a plan on your own, run it, and make adjustments when stalls happen. There is so much advice in the stickies and Q&A threads that most people can get away with doing it on their own.

BUT with that said it is good to have an eye over you when things get down to the wire and sometimes have to make aggressive moves. If the OP had a bad experience with his last contest prep coach he could consider someone else, or know his own body, his bodies limits, and go from there by making the adequate adjustments based off what he learned last time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast