Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Social Networking sites- like Facebook? I must be doing that onee wrong, not a peep on it- need a bigger friends list???

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDutyGuy View Post
    Social Networking sites- like Facebook? I must be doing that onee wrong, not a peep on it- need a bigger friends list???
    Not for nothing - I put an ad on Craig's List thinking I'd get nothing - I got an airline flight attendant. I gave him a really sweet deal over a 3 month package. He liked the training, got some results and Now I'm training a few more flight attendants. I think the ads just have to say something different. I look at the other ads and just put mine together differently, along with a picture or two of me in there (in shape of course lol) -

I don't even mention my credentials - everyone has those - they can go to my website if they want to check that out. In the ad, I focus on what I can do for them and what benefits they will get if they follow what I say.

On FB - I put up videos of my training sessions - it gets the more "interested" people in training - not the regular joes though.

Super easy. Throw up a website and put yourself in Google places (their local listing), you can run PPC to the site as well. Then slowly work on building social media profiles and link building to rank organically for an added traffic source. Ask clients to review you on Yelp, Citysearch, Google, and Yahoo local (depending which is used most in your area). This will help your conversion and the likeliness that they will go to you over the others listed.

The only part that takes a little technique is getting listed in Google places. It helps to get listed in multiple directories along with Google itself with a common address and phone # as well as optimize your listing using the categories and descriptions related to the phrases people are searching for, such as "Austin Personal Trainer".

The directories are free for the most part. While I won't give you my primo sources and hookups, here's a place that will help with a directory list that Google pulls from: http://www.ecommerceoptimization.com...listing-guide/

If you don't have an address other than your personal residence, Get a P.O. box for like $15/year, it's preferred to get it downtown of the city you want to promote in because Google maps does sometimes give preference to places located to what they consider central.

As far as the website goes, it's easy to get a free template, registering a domain and hosting for a year is under $100 with places like bluehost.com

It's very easy in most local virtual industries (meaning no office or overhead, rather web based) to be pulling a profit within a week of launching doing exactly what I said. As things become more saturated in years to come, it won't be the case.

The Federal Reserve should be audited, they are stealing our money!!!

Word of mouth I'd say is the most effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Youngguns View Post
    Word of mouth I'd say is the most effective.
    I'm tellin you guys, do what I said above. Do it right and it's stupid easy to grow your business. I have many successful startups under my belt. My first one with $150 investment passed $25 million in revenue.

There's a reason why major companies like a very well known pizza chain you've all ordered from use me for their nationwide local search marketing.

It's comical, I step on stage at a marketing conference and 200-300 people get ready to take notes, here I post marketing info on a BB forum to help out and it's ignored lol.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    On a serious note, my good friend made almost 30 k in a summer from training clients in between law school. He posted ads with his experience and credentials on every social networking/dating site known to man. And he made tons and tons of money. Its all about marketing bro. Nobody is going to train with you if they don't know who you are or what services you have to offer.

Exactly, you got to spend a little money to make lot's more.

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by Reseg View Post
    It's comical, I step on stage at a marketing conference and 200-300 people get ready to take notes, here I post marketing info on a BB forum to help out and it's ignored lol.
    That's because nobody has any idea who the fuck you are. The anonymity of the internet = the great equalizer.

It's not really that comical.

NOVICE

I'm tellin you guys, do what I said above. Do it right and it's stupid easy to grow your business. I have many successful startups under my belt. My first one with $150 investment passed $25 million in revenue.

There's a reason why major companies like a very well known pizza chain you've all ordered from use me for their nationwide local search marketing.

I would also point out that 2 hours passing by without someone fawning over your genius does not equate to being 'ignored'.

A nice smile...

Quote Originally Posted by deestar View Post
    I would also point out that 2 hours passing by without someone fawning over your genius does not equate to being 'ignored'.
    Yeah I hear ya. I apologize. It was premature to post about being ignored. It was in reference to the comment posted after mostly, but also I tried to help a guy out trying to market his site through a PM and it was ignored. If you call experience a claim to genius status, I can understand your opinion, I suppose.

Just trying to give back and use my experience in an industry I enjoy. If you doubt my sincerity:

One of the things I did was start a marketing group with my wife http://www.meetup.com/seo-austin/ it was just a little thing in a coffee shop to help local businesses take it to the next level and my way of giving back. Without trying it grew to 1200+ people wanting to hear what I had to say and we now have guest speakers from all over the world. I don't change them a cent and don't make a cent off it, however I've helped many really make it with their businesses.

Just like when I called my buddy up I went to highschool with in Indiana. He had been installing garage doors for 14 years and was making $35K/year ish. I moved him and his family down to Texas and started a business for him. Doing exactly what I said above and spending under $200 while letting him live with me, in 2 years he has 3 full time employees and making 3-4 times what he used to. Just Google "Austin garage doors" and look for Cornellgaragedoors.com

You can think of it as me trying to get people to fawn over me, that's fine, but in my mind I'm helping people with what I know and love, being successful online. Hell, I refused to even run ads on my forums notebookforums.com for years and paid out of pocket to support the community. That's $10K/month in revenue I was just not taking. (185K + members, yes that's bragging)

I feel good karma will come back to me and can deal with the haters

Quote Originally Posted by deestar View Post
    That's because nobody has any idea who the fuck you are. The anonymity of the internet = the great equalizer.

It's not really that comical.
    I totally agree, except the part of it being funny. Imagine a pro bodybuilding trainer/coach/nutrition expert into RC jets as a hobby and hangs out on an RC board. Their off topic section has a thread about how to build muscle and he lays out exactly what to do and everyone else just says "eat a lot and run" lol. You gotta laugh at it because it's pointless getting mad since they don't know you.

Physique Critique Judge Dan Kennedy's Avatar

Same post reply as I did on MD...hope it helps someone out.

Get friendly with the local supplement shop. Tell him if he lets you put up flyers/cards and recommends you at his store you will send your clients his way (for a 5% discount or whatever). A major chain in Ontario puts out ballet boxes at tanning salons, restaurants, supp stores that draw for 1 free training session. Great way to get contact info - call them up and tell them that they won the secondary prize - 30% off personal training...or something like that. Lots of options. Also, put cards/posters up at bridal boutiques....help get the bride into her dress.
    If you compete or are in great shape get pics taken - use the best one for your business card/poster. Also, make sure you do before and after pics of your clients - use those on your flyer. Another good one is to have a referral program - if you current client recommends you to a friend and if the friend purchases 10 sessions give the your original client a free session....
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    On a serious note, my good friend made almost 30 k in a summer from training clients in between law school. He posted ads with his experience and credentials on every social networking/dating site known to man. And he made tons and tons of money. Its all about marketing bro. Nobody is going to train with you if they don't know who you are or what services you have to offer.

Yep that's it. Get on the dating sites. You'll get heaps of paying customers.

Make sure you use terms like. Discreet, Available all hours, At my premises or at your home. women and Men all ages and body types accepted, Credit cards accepted.

You know all the usual stuff you'd put in a personal training advert on a dating site.

Banned

Super easy. Throw up a website and put yourself in Google places (their local listing), you can run PPC to the site as well. Then slowly work on building social media profiles and link building to rank organically for an added traffic source. Ask clients to review you on Yelp, Citysearch, Google, and Yahoo local (depending which is used most in your area). This will help your conversion and the likeliness that they will go to you over the others listed.

The only part that takes a little technique is getting listed in Google places. It helps to get listed in multiple directories along with Google itself with a common address and phone # as well as optimize your listing using the categories and descriptions related to the phrases people are searching for, such as "Austin Personal Trainer".

The directories are free for the most part. While I won't give you my primo sources and hookups, here's a place that will help with a directory list that Google pulls from: http://www.ecommerceoptimization.com...listing-guide/

If you don't have an address other than your personal residence, Get a P.O. box for like $15/year, it's preferred to get it downtown of the city you want to promote in because Google maps does sometimes give preference to places located to what they consider central.

As far as the website goes, it's easy to get a free template, registering a domain and hosting for a year is under $100 with places like bluehost.com

It's very easy in most local virtual industries (meaning no office or overhead, rather web based) to be pulling a profit within a week of launching doing exactly what I said. As things become more saturated in years to come, it won't be the case.

great post.

anyway, i walk around with a fan. serious.

homeless shelters?

Anyone ever get clients off their website?- I think I got like one. Has not been good. Craigslist a bit better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12