Hi Everyone,

I've been hanging out on this site long enough I figured it was high time I make myself known and started a training journal.

About me: I'm a 42-year-old mom of 3, ages 10, 3, and 2. I'm a chemist by training but haven't worked since the birth of my second child. I've always loved the gym, but it's only in the last few years of marital bliss that funds have been available for a gym membership. I've always eaten pretty clean, but I never paid enough attention to my macros to realize the reason I wasn't making the gains I wanted in the gym: insufficient protein! I met a trainer at my gym who has helped me revamp my nutrition and I've been eating roughly 50% p, 20% c, 30% f pretty consistently over the last 6 months. I eat one or two cheat meals per week. I've been encouraged by two of the trainers in my gym to try competition, and I would LOVE to get my body competition-worthy (figure), but right now there are two things limiting me: time and MONEY. So for now, I'll call this my indefinite off-season and see what gains I can make. Any words of wisdom and/or encouragement are greatly appreciated!

Training Split. I mentioned I'm limited on time, so I try to spread things out over a 5- or 6-day training split.

Monday - back
Tuesday - chest & calves
Wednesday - legs
Thursday - shoulders
Friday - abs
Saturday - arms