Page 330 of 517 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 7743

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    I'm sad and confused. So I'm going to share some thoughts.

Lots of things have been happening on other parts of this site that have me pretty upset. Months ago when things hit the fan I left for a while until things cooled down. I don't enjoy a lot of name calling and drama, and I don't want anyone to think that I thrive on that sort of thing. So after the drama seemed to settle, I started posting again.

This time, however, so much has happened that I suspect it will not cool down. It appears this is the tone that someone wants for this site: name calling and drama plus a little bit of bodybuilding thrown in for good measure.

I could try to lay low and just do my thing. But unfortunately it's plastered over so much of the site that it's too hard to ignore, shrug off, or even take a leave of absence from it. RX has been my cyber home for 5 years. I don't post on any other websites. I'm not active on any other social media. This is where I get my encouragement and where I want to inspire others to challenge themselves. It appears to me that the owner of this site doesn't WANT people to be encouraged to live the lifestyle, but rather sling mud at each other. I don't understand and I don't agree; maybe some of you might have some insight. RX does not seem to be the place I was once attracted to. That saddens me. Yet it seems mudslinging is what is getting views, not a mom who kills it in and out of the gym every single day and wants to interact with like-minded people about BODYBUILDING.

So with a sad heart I've been poking around at other sites for a new cyber home. Frankly there's no place I could find to plant my flag, WHERE I WOULD FEEL COMFORTABLE. I visited THE site where most of the former RX members are: it is NO place for a woman with any shred of integrity. The one female site where the women of this site have migrated to: no training journals. While the women on that site might have a great work ethic and train hard, it appears (I may be wrong) that none of those women want to discuss lifting/training...and I do. I've poked around other sites but nothing that makes me consider starting a training jpurnal there.

In the past when members have left here, they just stopped visiting and gave no reason. I miss so many of them, those people drew me here in the first place. I've even emailed many of them and tried to get them to come back: no answer. I've invited countless people over the years to join me here. I can't say I'd recommend it now.

I'm still hesitant about leaving, given my history here and the members who are still here - you know who you are. For the time being I'm still here, though given the atmosphere on other areas of this site I'm not sure how much longer.

I know where you are going with this. Something that happened a little more than half a year ago should not deter you. Just do your thing, visit threads you like to visit and stay positive. Hang in there.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

No................................................ .................................................. ..

I know how you feel but you cannot jump ship. Things will turn around.

RX without a SunnyDay is like, well I can't describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    I know where you are going with this. Something that happened a little more than half a year ago should not deter you. Just do your thing, visit threads you like to visit and stay positive. Hang in there.
    I think I understand exactly what you mean. This is the only site I post on too but there are so many valuable people still posting here and the journals are a great resource. I've decided to just lurk more in muscle central (not that I'm that active anyway with my measly <1000 posts, but being more active in the women's section will probably help me and maybe you too.

You know who I miss? Sally Anne… :/ I don't want to miss you as well though!

Sigh…I have to spread some reputation around again before giving it to Sunnyday again

Quote Originally Posted by baby muscle View Post
    Sigh…I have to spread some reputation around again before giving it to Sunnyday again
    Ditto on SallyAnne! Were you here for her trip to the Olympia around 2010 when she posted that pic of the tiki, saying it looked like it had to pee? I laughed for DAYS over that!

And StephanieWicked, and Melissa DiBernardo (girl could do standup she is so funny!), and Suzanne Germano, and GirlyMuscle, and...and....

Thanks, girl! (And Ibarramedia and Mac too!) I'd rep all of you but alas I'm all repped out.

I've been pretty blue since things hit the fan, so much so that I haven't wanted to post in my own journal. Last night I got a good laugh on one thread here and nearly choked on my eggs at 12 am thanks to Curt. Forums OUGHT to be that fun. These forums USED to be that fun ALL THE TIME!

I feel uneasy every time I venture off the training journals and into other areas of the site these days. AND I feel uncomfortable speaking my mind about what's going on. That's a bummer to say the least.

So I'll let the DBs fly later this morning and post up what I did.

Thanks again, everybody.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

IFBB PRO, Bros V Pros X Champion The Prodigy's Avatar

I'm sad and confused. So I'm going to share some thoughts.

Lots of things have been happening on other parts of this site that have me pretty upset. Months ago when things hit the fan I left for a while until things cooled down. I don't enjoy a lot of name calling and drama, and I don't want anyone to think that I thrive on that sort of thing. So after the drama seemed to settle, I started posting again.

This time, however, so much has happened that I suspect it will not cool down. It appears this is the tone that someone wants for this site: name calling and drama plus a little bit of bodybuilding thrown in for good measure.

I could try to lay low and just do my thing. But unfortunately it's plastered over so much of the site that it's too hard to ignore, shrug off, or even take a leave of absence from it. RX has been my cyber home for 5 years. I don't post on any other websites. I'm not active on any other social media. This is where I get my encouragement and where I want to inspire others to challenge themselves. It appears to me that the owner of this site doesn't WANT people to be encouraged to live the lifestyle, but rather sling mud at each other. I don't understand and I don't agree; maybe some of you might have some insight. RX does not seem to be the place I was once attracted to. That saddens me. Yet it seems mudslinging is what is getting views, not a mom who kills it in and out of the gym every single day and wants to interact with like-minded people about BODYBUILDING.

So with a sad heart I've been poking around at other sites for a new cyber home. Frankly there's no place I could find to plant my flag, WHERE I WOULD FEEL COMFORTABLE. I visited THE site where most of the former RX members are: it is NO place for a woman with any shred of integrity. The one female site where the women of this site have migrated to: no training journals. While the women on that site might have a great work ethic and train hard, it appears (I may be wrong) that none of those women want to discuss lifting/training...and I do. I've poked around other sites but nothing that makes me consider starting a training jpurnal there.

In the past when members have left here, they just stopped visiting and gave no reason. I miss so many of them, those people drew me here in the first place. I've even emailed many of them and tried to get them to come back: no answer. I've invited countless people over the years to join me here. I can't say I'd recommend it now.

I'm still hesitant about leaving, given my history here and the members who are still here - you know who you are. For the time being I'm still here, though given the atmosphere on other areas of this site I'm not sure how much longer.
    Don't leave....do YOUR thing....IGNORE others....your happiness lies in YOUR mind and life..not others!

Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
    Don't leave....do YOUR thing....IGNORE others....your happiness lies in YOUR mind and life..not others!
    Thanks for the encouragement, Gail!

Default Tuesday...chest and shoulders

I woke up feeling a lot better because I had been laughing so much last night, but still kinda blah about going to the gym. Because my son has been having anxiety attacks in childcare I purposely got there two hours late.

Nick Tumminello's upper body warmup (at home to save childcare time)

When I walked into an EMPTY gym

I decided it was...

Time for a cool change (dating myself with that Little River Band song LOL- PfA with the video in 3,2,1...)

Still feeling on the blah side I opted to try a different exercise for starters. What then followed was an absolute BLAST!

Hope you peeps enjoy reading this, it really was a ton of fun.

DB twist press:
    twist on the way up so pinkies touch at top & squeeze pecs HARD
    THIS IS A KEEPER!! Definitely a THINKING exercise to get one in the ZONE
    25s x 10
    25s x 12
    30s x 10
    35s x 10
    40s x 10
    digging the pump from this

Incline bb:
    bar x 8
    65 x 8
    85 x 8
    95 x 8
    105 x 8
    95 x 12 without stopping

Machine flyes:
    despise this machine but didn't want cables or incline DB flyes today
    3 x 50 x 12

Next I started warming up with 40s for flat DB presses and launching them just felt "off". All the benches were empty (rare occurrence in this gym) so I decided to wing it with a bb instead. What follows still blows my mind, since I haven't flat benched very often - maybe twice in my life - and not more than 65 or 85 for a few reps because it has always felt awkward. Pffft. Not awkward today. Gonna run this for a few weeks.

Flat bench:
    bar x 8
    65 x 8
    85 x 8
    95 x 8 PR!
    105 x 8 PR!
    115 x 8 PR! at a bw of 112 COOL!!
    new goal: I want 135 for at least 6 solid reps. Tee hee.

Push press ss wide grip upright row:
    45 x 8 ss 45 x 8
    45 x 9 ss 45 x 9
    45 x 10 ss 45 x 10
    ^surprised my low back could tolerate that

Front bb raise:
    3 x 35 x 12

Leaning DB lateral raise:
    4 x 25 x 12 each side
    Then without resting after that 4th set, immediately into...
    Standing DB lateral raise (partials):
    1 X 35s x 30

Reverse DB flyes:
    4 x 20s x 10 (neutral grip)
    Then without resting after the 4th set immediately into...
    1 x 20s x 30 (overhand)

Six ways:
    1 x 10s x 8 (PR) plus 30 partials
    ^was seeing stars

No cardio.

Awwwww girl! You know I lurk about, posting here & there.

I have to say that posting by women, who keep journals on a few different forums (including myself), has dropped off in general. I am more faithful to my journal on Fit Chicks...and every now and again I post here...but no one has visited the one I keep here since June(?) and I posted big doings with no response. Oh well. It seems to me people are far more busy in their RL these days. Totally understandable.

Yeah...there is a negative vibe that has come into play.

Then to hear that the "O" is not going to be broadcast/streaming...that is a real bummer. I mean that is essentially our "Superbowl" of the sport!!! With no coverage we are kinda screwed

Even though we still see pretty good #s at the national level shows, BB in general is becoming more and more niche for a myriad of reasons.

I love your journal! You are the most faithful of anyone who posts! Maybe this is just a lull in forum land that will eventually pass...Keep on being the Sunny we know & love! x0x0x

Last edited by curvygirl; 08-04-2015 at 02:54 PM.

^^Hey stranger! Thanks so much for your kind words!

I'm still hopeful someone will come through and stream the O for us fans. There's still time. Fingers crossed.

With the numbers game on shows- yes they're dwindling it seems. And without a good attendance I guess I don't blame anyone for not covering the smaller shows. Maybe with attendance, others are in the same boat as me that the shows are so crazy expensive that it's impossible to justify competing anymore. If competing were more affordable, I for one would throw my hat in the competition ring in a heartbeat! I had to back out of my 2013 show at 3 weeks out due to shortage of funds! Prepping for me is a slam dunk, it's finding the entry fees that kills me every single time!

On journals and views, I've found so often you just have to do your thing - sometimes for days or weeks - before someone might see it on their radar and/or contribute to it. There are times I pop into other areas on this site, see a thread started weeks or even months ago and I wonder, "how did I miss THIS?" Your journal, case in point. Although I've seen you post elsewhere on RX, I hadn't seen your last journal entry pop up on my radar (sorry!). Gonna head over there and get caught up!

With the explosion of all kinds of social media, messageboard activity has dropped somewhat.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
    Strong words!! I agree!!
    DON'T BE AVERAGE!!!

Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    DON'T BE AVERAGE!!!

^^Hey stranger! Thanks so much for your kind words!

I'm still hopeful someone will come through and stream the O for us fans. There's still time. Fingers crossed.

With the numbers game on shows- yes they're dwindling it seems. And without a good attendance I guess I don't blame anyone for not covering the smaller shows. Maybe with attendance, others are in the same boat as me that the shows are so crazy expensive that it's impossible to justify competing anymore. If competing were more affordable, I for one would throw my hat in the competition ring in a heartbeat! I had to back out of my 2013 show at 3 weeks out due to shortage of funds! Prepping for me is a slam dunk, it's finding the entry fees that kills me every single time!

On journals and views, I've found so often you just have to do your thing - sometimes for days or weeks - before someone might see it on their radar and/or contribute to it. There are times I pop into other areas on this site, see a thread started weeks or even months ago and I wonder, "how did I miss THIS?" Your journal, case in point. Although I've seen you post elsewhere on RX, I hadn't seen your last journal entry pop up on my radar (sorry!). Gonna head over there and get caught up!
    Yup yup on many things you say here! I just keep doing my thing! I popped by today and realized I needed to post after I saw your's! You snapped me outta my funk! So I posted on Jill's & Donna's journals too! And of course the happy baby news!

I was also happy to see Gail posting too! To that I also updated my journal with all the "goings on!" You guess right! Getting hitched to the big guy in just under 5 weeks!
    Last edited by curvygirl; 08-04-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by curvygirl View Post
    Yup yup on many things you say here! I just keep doing my thing! I popped by today and realized I needed to post after I saw your's! You snapped me outta my funk! So I posted on Jill's & Donna's journals too! And of course the happy baby news!

I was also happy to see Gail posting too! To that I also updated my journal with all the "goings on!" You guess right! Getting hitched to the big guy in just under 5 weeks!
    ^Saw all those updates on your journal! So excited for you! Let the countdown commence!

Page 330 of 517 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast