Page 461 of 462 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462 LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 6929
  1. #6901
    <3 Prayers <3 CHILDOFGOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIAMI, FL
    Posts
    4,267
    Rep Power
    2147713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Saturday 10/7 lower body

    Dynamic warmup

    Glute circuit (no rest between sides/exercises):
    30 reps side lying clam ss 30 reps side lying abduction
    30 reps single leg glute bridge ss 30 reps hip extension on elbows
    30 reps single leg swing ss 30 reps fire hydrant

    Squats (competition style, below parallel):
    bar x 5
    75 x 5
    95 x 5
    115 x 5
    132 x 3 felt awful

    Seated leg curl ss leg extension ss horizontal calf machine:
    50 x 10 ss 50 x 10 ss 130 x 12 (3 rounds)

    60 min walk at home
    work it GIRL
    MY LORD OF LORDS!!!

  2. #6902
    OLYMPIAN Sunnyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Forest Hill, MD
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    2147895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHILDOFGOD View Post
    work it GIRL
    Thanks, COG. Certainly wasn't much in terms of work. But that's all the bod allowed me to do yesterday.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/


    https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

  3. #6903
    OLYMPIAN Sunnyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Forest Hill, MD
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    2147895

    Default

    Tuesday 10/10 lower body

    Dynamic warmup

    Glute circuit (no rest between sides/exercises):
    30 reps side lying clam ss 30 reps side lying abduction
    30 reps single leg glute bridge ss 30 reps hip extension on elbows
    30 reps single leg swing ss 30 reps fire hydrant

    Ab wheel ss horizontal calf machine:
    15 ss 130 x 12 (4 rounds)

    Squats (competition style, below parallel):
    bar x 5
    75 x 5
    95 x 5
    115 x 5
    135 x 4 - felt pretty good so I went up
    145 x 4 - hmmmm, still felt good
    154 x 4 - moved well, and this is where I had left off before things went south, so ok
    154 x 5 - I miscounted reps and matched my best-ever set of 5. Go figure
    then my chiro challenged me to go up, game on
    165 x 4 - PR for 4, my heavest set of 4 EVER!!! Of course there's an IG vid

    Sumo deads:
    135 x 1
    155 x 1
    175 x 1
    195 x 1 - moved ok but I ran out of time and needed to do some errands

    still super happy with how today's training went!

    60 min walk at home
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/


    https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

  4. #6904
    OLYMPIAN Sunnyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Forest Hill, MD
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    2147895

    Default

    Wednesday 10/11 upper body training

    dynamic warmup

    Face pulls:
    30 x 12
    40 x 12
    50 x 12
    3 x 60 x 12, pausing the even reps with a hard 1-sec squeeze

    Bench press (competition style, pause bottom and top each rep, reset shoulders, repeat):
    bar x 5
    65 x 5
    85 x 5
    105 x 5
    116 x 5
    3 x 127 x 5

    Wide grip pullups:
    3 x BW+35 x 5

    Seated machine rows:
    4 x 90 x 10

    60 min walk at home
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/


    https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

  5. #6905
    OLYMPIAN Sunnyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Forest Hill, MD
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    2147895

    Default

    Thursday 10/11 lower body training

    Dynamic warmup

    DB lying leg curl:
    15 x 12
    20 x 12
    4 x 25 x 12

    Squats:
    bar x 5
    75 x 5
    95 x 5
    115 x 5
    135 x 5
    145 x 5
    4 x 154 x 5 - still in disbelief these went so well, vid posted on IG

    Sumo deads:
    135 x 1
    155 x 1
    175 x 1
    195 x 1
    8 x 198 x 1 - with 30 sec rests - vid posted on IG

    60 min walk at home
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/


    https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

  6. #6906
    FREAK cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ft.Worth Texas
    Posts
    8,463
    Rep Power
    2147869

    Default

    I like your glute circuit.I am trying to think of a similar one for abs.I have been doing a rope pulldown crunch type exercise on my lat pulldown.I need about 3 more good ab exercises to put together a circuit.You got any good ideas?

  7. #6907
    OLYMPIAN Sunnyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Forest Hill, MD
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    2147895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    I like your glute circuit.I am trying to think of a similar one for abs.I have been doing a rope pulldown crunch type exercise on my lat pulldown.I need about 3 more good ab exercises to put together a circuit.You got any good ideas?
    Sure do! This is one I used to do as a circuit:
    Hanging knee raise (or leg raise)
    Rope pulldown crunch
    reverse crunch
    Weighted ball crunch
    rep scheme: 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 without stopping. So first round every exercise 20 reps, then 15, etc.

    Basically I take 2 upper and 2 lower exercises and maybe one oblique move. Start out high reps and/or longer time, move through each exercise without stopping between exercises or rounds, and keep dropping the reps/time. Lotsa work in a short amount of time and abs totally fried by the end.

    I've also substituted ab wheel, front/side planks for varying times, and windshield wipers.
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 10-13-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/


    https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

  8. #6908
    Administrator Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Akron Ohio
    Posts
    7,637
    Rep Power
    2147839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    I like your glute circuit.I am trying to think of a similar one for abs.I have been doing a rope pulldown crunch type exercise on my lat pulldown.I need about 3 more good ab exercises to put together a circuit.You got any good ideas?

    Do you have a dip or parallel bars? Try doing some static pike holds and leg lifts trying to touch your feet to the ceiling. If you don't bust a hernia, you'll get some fantastic results.

    Unknown.jpeg

  9. #6909
    Administrator Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Akron Ohio
    Posts
    7,637
    Rep Power
    2147839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Tuesday 10/10 lower body

    165 x 4 - PR for 4, my heavest set of 4 EVER!!! Of course there's an IG vid

    Congrats Sunny!!!!

    PRs are coming left and right

  10. #6910
    OLYMPIAN Sunnyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Forest Hill, MD
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    2147895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Congrats Sunny!!!!

    PRs are coming left and right
    Thanks, Mac! I don't know about left and right, but progress is steady for now.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/


    https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

  11. #6911
    FREAK cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ft.Worth Texas
    Posts
    8,463
    Rep Power
    2147869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Do you have a dip or parallel bars? Try doing some static pike holds and leg lifts trying to touch your feet to the ceiling. If you don't bust a hernia, you'll get some fantastic results.

    Unknown.jpeg
    I have a dip machine that will be perfect for these.Load enough weight to counter balance it and it should work perfectly.

  12. #6912
    FREAK cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ft.Worth Texas
    Posts
    8,463
    Rep Power
    2147869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Sure do! This is one I used to do as a circuit:
    Hanging knee raise (or leg raise)
    Rope pulldown crunch
    reverse crunch
    Weighted ball crunch
    rep scheme: 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 without stopping. So first round every exercise 20 reps, then 15, etc.

    Basically I take 2 upper and 2 lower exercises and maybe one oblique move. Start out high reps and/or longer time, move through each exercise without stopping between exercises or rounds, and keep dropping the reps/time. Lotsa work in a short amount of time and abs totally fried by the end.

    I've also substituted ab wheel, front/side planks for varying times, and windshield wipers.
    That's exactly what I was looking for.I haven't kept my journal updated because I don't want to sound like I am whineing but allow me to whine for a minute.What began as an amusing clicking sound in my right hip 4 years ago has progressed to 24hr a day pain.Doc says that hip will eventually have to be replaced.I told her not for a few years so she gave me 2 different pain meds and said let her know when.I am laying off all leg work until the end of the year but upper body is going great.I have been hitting everything upper twice a week and have just recently started hitting abs every day.This circuit I want to hit after each workout and maybe a few times a week when I just have some extra time.Thanks Sunny you are the best.
    Last edited by cook; 10-13-2017 at 12:38 PM.

  13. #6913
    Administrator Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Akron Ohio
    Posts
    7,637
    Rep Power
    2147839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    That's exactly what I was looking for.I haven't kept my journal updated because I don't want to sound like I am whineing but allow me to whine for a minute.What began as an amusing clicking sound in my right hip 4 years ago has progressed to 24hr a day pain.Doc says that hip will eventually have to be replaced.I told her not for a few years so she gave me 2 different pain meds and said let her know when.I am laying off all leg work until the end of the year but upper body is going great.I have been hitting everything upper twice a week and have just recently started hitting abs every day.This circuit I want to hit after each workout and maybe a few times a week when I just have some extra time.Thanks Sunny you are the best.

    Don't give in to the suggestions of doctors. If I did, that had me dead from Crohn's disease by the time I was 30.

    Sorry to hear about your hip. My sciatica became a problem and caused an immense amount of pain after 58 yrs.

  14. #6914
    FREAK cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ft.Worth Texas
    Posts
    8,463
    Rep Power
    2147869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Don't give in to the suggestions of doctors. If I did, that had me dead from Crohn's disease by the time I was 30.

    Sorry to hear about your hip. My sciatica became a problem and caused an immense amount of pain after 58 yrs.
    Thanks Mac,its weird I will have 2 or 3 days where it feels great and I think I'm cured them all of a sudden it gets inflamed and it is unbearable.

  15. #6915
    OLYMPIAN Sunnyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Forest Hill, MD
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    2147895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    That's exactly what I was looking for.I haven't kept my journal updated because I don't want to sound like I am whineing but allow me to whine for a minute.What began as an amusing clicking sound in my right hip 4 years ago has progressed to 24hr a day pain.Doc says that hip will eventually have to be replaced.I told her not for a few years so she gave me 2 different pain meds and said let her know when.I am laying off all leg work until the end of the year but upper body is going great.I have been hitting everything upper twice a week and have just recently started hitting abs every day.This circuit I want to hit after each workout and maybe a few times a week when I just have some extra time.Thanks Sunny you are the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    Thanks Mac,its weird I will have 2 or 3 days where it feels great and I think I'm cured them all of a sudden it gets inflamed and it is unbearable.
    Sorry to hear you have a hip issue too. I was told the same by several docs: hip replacement. I gave them all the middle finger as you know. And yeah, a few good days followed by one or several not so good days is par for the course.

    Glad I could help with the ab workout.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/


    https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Page 461 of 462 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •