Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
On bad form--I have heard lots of people called out on bad form, such as Branch, but whatever he does seems to work for him.
Dave Pulcinella was frequently called out on his form. His answer was, “Show me YOUR contest history and placings.” Can’t argue with his success.

In the squat vid I posted on my IG page, there is someone in the background doing “squats” if you want to call them squats. Someone commented, “What IS that guy doing?” And I replied, what just about everyone in a commercial gym does. Entertaining as it is to observe and while I am concerned for their safety, I’ve stopped calling people out on poor form. I continued in my reply to the comment that unless someone asks me directly, OR I’m their coach, OR I happen to be a judge for that lift while they’re on the platform, they can do the movement however they want: quarter/half squat, who cares whether they hit depth or not.

That said, it is SOOOOO impressive for to see someone in a commercial gym walk out a loaded bar and dunk it below parallel and stand it up under complete control, REGARDLESS OF THE WEIGHT ON THE BAR. I’d go so far as to say it is damn hot.