Page 465 of 465 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465
Results 6,961 to 6,967 of 6967
  1. #6961
    Administrator Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,392
    Rep Power
    2147898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Sunday I have a 2-hour drive to VA for the big seminar. Pray for me that the hip holds up because I really want to lift at this event and not hobble around like an old lady non-lifter.
    You'll do just fine.

    I say prayers for you, say some for me as I will travel 600 miles tomorrow to look at, hopefully my future home in NC.

  2. #6962
    OLYMPIAN Sunnyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Forest Hill, MD
    Posts
    9,820
    Rep Power
    2147899

    Default

    Thanks, Mac!

    NC?! Will be praying for you, Mac!

    We’re seriously considering a move in that direction too! Either NC, SC, or GA. All depends on where the kiddo goes to college.
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 11-17-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/


    https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

  3. #6963
    Administrator Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,392
    Rep Power
    2147898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Thanks, Mac!

    NC?! Will be praying for you, Mac!

    We’re seriously considering a move in that direction too! Either NC, SC, or GA. All depends on where the kiddo goes to college.
    I am fed up with the winters here in Ohio. While it's better than it was in Erie PA, with all the lake effect snow, it's damned cold.

    I won't even have a gym for 10 miles but it'll be worth the solitude and once again having my own home. I hate putting my money in somebody's else home, like this one.

    The dumbbells will be my iron partners for a while and there is a big detached building where I plan to have my own, some day.

  4. #6964
    OLYMPIAN Sunnyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Forest Hill, MD
    Posts
    9,820
    Rep Power
    2147899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I am fed up with the winters here in Ohio. While it's better than it was in Erie PA, with all the lake effect snow, it's damned cold.

    I won't even have a gym for 10 miles but it'll be worth the solitude and once again having my own home. I hate putting my money in somebody's else home, like this one.

    The dumbbells will be my iron partners for a while and there is a big detached building where I plan to have my own, some day.

    I am right there with you on the cold! I have always loved the cold. But something changed in me since last winter. This season’s first cold snap I looked at my husband and said, “I’m done.” My joints just can’t take it like they once did. He arrived at that point last year. So yeah, we’re looking.

    I’ve done that 10-mile commute to a gym. Once you get used to it, it’s not so bad. Like you said, worth it to get the other things that are important to you. Like owning your own place.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/


    https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

  5. #6965
    Barbarian Brother hifrommike65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    7,670
    Rep Power
    2147845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    I am right there with you on the cold! I have always loved the cold. But something changed in me since last winter. This season’s first cold snap I looked at my husband and said, “I’m done.” My joints just can’t take it like they once did. He arrived at that point last year. So yeah, we’re looking.

    I’ve done that 10-mile commute to a gym. Once you get used to it, it’s not so bad. Like you said, worth it to get the other things that are important to you. Like owning your own place.
    There's a downside. I'm going to sell next year & get out from under a stiff property tax bill which I am about to pay for this year. Spoiler alert: I'm leaving the town I live in as soon as I retire from my school, which should be in about 18 months, so I don't want the house hanging over my head at that point. But I'm not a fixer-upper type, & prefer a good rental that someone else takes care of. However, I could not get a good rental where I live, so I had to buy.

  6. #6966
    Administrator Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,392
    Rep Power
    2147898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    There's a downside. I'm going to sell next year & get out from under a stiff property tax bill which I am about to pay for this year. Spoiler alert: I'm leaving the town I live in as soon as I retire from my school, which should be in about 18 months, so I don't want the house hanging over my head at that point. But I'm not a fixer-upper type, & prefer a good rental that someone else takes care of. However, I could not get a good rental where I live, so I had to buy.

    The tax bill on a $115k home is $900 and one reason I picked NC. It's far from elaborate and off the beaten path.

    Can't install my solar panels on someone's rental or my 60ft antenna tower for ham radio.

  7. #6967
    Administrator Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,392
    Rep Power
    2147898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Thanks, Mac!

    NC?! Will be praying for you, Mac!

    We’re seriously considering a move in that direction too! Either NC, SC, or GA. All depends on where the kiddo goes to college.

    I didn't go look at the home because of all the rain. Going to try again tomorrow.

Page 465 of 465 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •