Page 289 of 517 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 7742

Today at the gym a little bird told me that a mutual friend of ours has been lurking on the forums. We met last summer when I joined this gym, then at the end of the summer she moved to Cook's/Beni's neck of the woods. Sooooo...

Girl, I'm calling you out! Stop lurking, create a profile and let's get this party started!
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 03-18-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Default Wednesday...abs and rehab

Considering where I was a few days ago, this was a VERY good day in the gym!

Warmup:
    30 minutes foam rolling, nailed piriformis with a lacrosse ball (seeing stars), and some chiro prescribed mobility work

Mixed up order of exercises from previous weeks

Ab wheel rollouts (kneeling):
    3 x 12
    ^after my 2nd set the guy on the mat beside me got up and grabbed a wheel. Said he had forgotten all about this exercise. I said then join me for the last set of 12. He did. Then he thanked me, saying he wouldn't have done half as many had I not been there doing them right along with him. I told him I'll be here same time next week and he can join me for 3 sets, got a thumbs up from him. :-D

Dragon flag partials:
    1 x 6 at 3/4 reps - no pain but HARD, felt good. had somebody put a hand at the end of the bench to keep me at honest 3/4 reps which was cool
    1 x 6 at 1/2 reps
    ^ those 2 sets took a lot out of me but no spasms or pain. nice.

Hanging knee raise:
    3 x BW x 25

Weighted ball crunch (sit on stability ball, bend backward & touch med ball to floor behind, crunch up):
    3 x 12# x 25

Finished with 20 minutes on the elliptical, used legs/arms evenly...not all arms this time. No spasms. Whew.

Got home and stretched some more. Still feeling good.

I heard my gym is supposed to be getting in some new equipment very soon. Hammer Strength. No idea what machines but I'm hopeful. I would LOVE to add some new machine work!
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 03-18-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Life gives us such great moments - and always reminds us how important it is to not be so clouded in our moment to moment views of things that we miss them.

I don't have kids, but even my cats give me those moments just about every day. Funny how one look from a cat can remind you how stupid everything else you thought was important, is. And ya gotta laugh

But either way, prayers for a more relaxed immediate future for you & your family so you can absorb & relish all these great moments you give each other!
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Life gives us such great moments - and always reminds us how important it is to not be so clouded in our moment to moment views of things that we miss them.

I don't have kids, but even my cats give me those moments just about every day. Funny how one look from a cat can remind you how stupid everything else you thought was important, is. And ya gotta laugh

But either way, prayers for a more relaxed immediate future for you & your family so you can absorb & relish all these great moments you give each other!
    So true about being too clouded in the moment!

I miss having pets to keep me in check. One day I hope to have another dog...or two. But for now rehab and getting myself healthy enough to walk a dog without the walk crippling me is higher priority.

Thanks much for the prayers. Means a lot. We need all the help we can get in this household to get us to a relaxed, happy place again!

Default Thursday...leg day 2

Warmup: foam rolling and some chiro prescribed mobility work

Seated calves:
    5 x 90 x 20, each set ss with 30 reps dorsiflexion

Seated leg curl:
    30 x 20
    40 x 20
    3 x 50 x 20

Adductors:
    4 x 50 x 15

Sumo squats:
    bw x 20
    bar x 20
    55 x 20
    65 x 20
    75 x 20
    85 x 20
    legs could have handled more but low back wasn't up for it, stopped there

Leg extension:
    5 x 50 x 20

Unilateral glute bridges:
    5 x BW x 20 each leg

Finished with 20 min on the elliptical.

Chiro appointment right after gym. Graston on the traps, quads, and QLs. Hip distraction was rough, hit a nasty sore spot in the socket that took me by surprise. OW. Now I am feeling beat up but good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Warmup: foam rolling and some chiro prescribed mobility work

Seated calves:
    5 x 90 x 20, each set ss with 30 reps dorsiflexion

Seated leg curl:
    30 x 20
    40 x 20
    3 x 50 x 20

Adductors:
    4 x 50 x 15

Sumo squats:
    bw x 20
    bar x 20
    55 x 20
    65 x 20
    75 x 20
    85 x 20
    legs could have handled more but low back wasn't up for it, stopped there

Leg extension:
    5 x 50 x 20

Unilateral glute bridges:
    5 x BW x 20 each leg

Finished with 20 min on the elliptical.

Chiro appointment right after gym. Graston on the traps, quads, and QLs. Hip distraction was rough, hit a nasty sore spot in the socket that took me by surprise. OW. Now I am feeling beat up but good.
    ^^oops. Also...

Step ups:
    1 x 10s x 100 (50 each leg) << used 5s last week, very pleased with this

Hey Sunny, are you going to start dieting soon? I remember you'd mentioned it a while back on another thread. Just wondering if it's still in the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCas View Post
    Hey Sunny, are you going to start dieting soon? I remember you'd mentioned it a while back on another thread. Just wondering if it's still in the plan?
    Yes, diet started. But up until this week, I couldn't get consistent with cardio. Just playing this by ear depending on how I feel and how much my family needs me. I'm having to miss this Saturday altogether for another swim meet.
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 03-20-2015 at 06:04 AM.

Snowing here, expecting 2-4". Kids were livid they had school and it was on time. LOL.

Headed to the gym for some back and arm training. I have an appointment mid-morning and hate to mess up meal timing so my plan is start the workout, leave for the 10-min appointment, then head back to the gym. Sucks but better than missing a workout or screwing with meal timing.

Yes, diet started. But up until this week, I couldn't get consistent with cardio. Just playing this by ear depending on how I feel and how much my family needs me. I'm having to miss this Saturday altogether for another swim meet.
    With the way I imagine you cheering at swim meets, it would have to be like cardio!! I would get sore from coaching basketball because I would stand and stomp to get the kids attention. LOL
    DON'T BE AVERAGE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Granite-Dawg View Post
    With the way I imagine you cheering at swim meets, it would have to be like cardio!! I would get sore from coaching basketball because I would stand and stomp to get the kids attention. LOL
    Haha, in the summer it definitely IS like cardio because I can run all around the pool deck! In the winter the "club" meets are indoors and it's usually very crowded at an indoor championship meet. For the school meets (like with my oldest's high school) I can get a deck pass because I usually clerk the swimmers or I'm a timer. But at the club meets like the one this weekend, the hosting club does all that and I'm stuck in the bleachers with the other "common folk", which SUCKS! My plan is to bring my yoga mat and if there's room I'll sit in the nosebleed section so I can sit on the floor to stretch out my hip, and not have to sit on those uncomfortable seats. This meet is at a pool I've never been to, so no idea what to expect as far as seating. Big question mark.

HOWEVER...the end is near for relief from uncomfortable seating, no cardio, and being a disconnected family...we get a week off and then SUMMER PRACTICE CLINIC BEGINS FOR ALL 3 KIDS!

The actual summer season doesn't begin until school lets out buuut I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel! For the kids this equates to picnic dinners twice a week once the meets start up, I get my poolside cardio, and we get to spend all that time together as a family! Win-win!

Default Friday...back

Gym was crowded. Nuff said there.

Express warmup of foam rolling and mobility work

Straight arm pulldowns:
    10 x 20
    15 x 20
    3 x 20 x 20

DB rows not possible, attempted a work around...

Neutral grip machine rows on a pin loaded machine:
    2 warms trying different positions instead of sitting
    3 x 90 x 12 standing, hovering over seat, reps limited to back pain

Neutral pullups:
    2 x BW x 8

Had to stop here and go to a quick appointment, hoping to return 20 mins later to an empty gym. Wishful thinking. It was even MORE crowded. Whatever.

Reverse grip bent over bb rows (split stance, or at least a determined attempt at it):
    2 warms
    3 x 95 x 8, back could have handled tons more, hip and SI couldn't

Reverse grip pulldowns:
    2 x 100 x 12
    No longer worth the effort. I'm done with pulldowns. Period.

Meadows rows not possible. Attempted a work around.

Plate loaded overhand machine rows:
    3 x 70 x 8
    tried to do this standing and leaning on chest support with hams agains seat.
    hip couldn't stabilize more in this position, lighter weight didn't help, reps limited to how much time I could tolerate the hip/SI pain

Wide grip pullups:
    2 x BW x 6

Finished with 20 min on the elliptical
    ^while wearing my weight belt to keep the back from spazzing out. At least THAT worked.
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 03-20-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Haha, in the summer it definitely IS like cardio because I can run all around the pool deck! In the winter the "club" meets are indoors and it's usually very crowded at an indoor championship meet. For the school meets (like with my oldest's high school) I can get a deck pass because I usually clerk the swimmers or I'm a timer. But at the club meets like the one this weekend, the hosting club does all that and I'm stuck in the bleachers with the other "common folk", which SUCKS! My plan is to bring my yoga mat and if there's room I'll sit in the nosebleed section so I can sit on the floor to stretch out my hip, and not have to sit on those uncomfortable seats. This meet is at a pool I've never been to, so no idea what to expect as far as seating. Big question mark.

HOWEVER...the end is near for relief from uncomfortable seating, no cardio, and being a disconnected family...we get a week off and then SUMMER PRACTICE CLINIC BEGINS FOR ALL 3 KIDS!

The actual summer season doesn't begin until school lets out buuut I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel! For the kids this equates to picnic dinners twice a week once the meets start up, I get my poolside cardio, and we get to spend all that time together as a family! Win-win!
    That is a win win.

How did you deal with emotional roller coaster from hormones that girls go through. Holy Hell it has been crazy at my house. My oldest is up and down with emotion these days.
    DON'T BE AVERAGE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Granite-Dawg View Post
    That is a win win.

How did you deal with emotional roller coaster from hormones that girls go through. Holy Hell it has been crazy at my house. My oldest is up and down with emotion these days.
    that's actually an EXCELLENT question, GD. I'm glad you asked. (Seriously)

The hormone thing CAN be gotten under control. Really. It is going to take super human parenting on your part but it is possible. The other night, in fact, my daughter thanked me and my husband for being so consistent about this. Here's what we did.

1. Try to get as much wholesome, clean food and plain water into them throughout the day without driving them crazy (or yourself). We do let ours take a cheat DAY on the weekend that coincides with my one cheat meal. They want an all-out binge, buy them the whole bakery. All leftovers in the trash by bedtime. Meets/games are the exception, treats abounding just like if I did a show.

2. Tell them, "the drama belongs on a stage, not in our everyday lives." That goes for the whole family. Someone wants to act out, take them to drama class where it's encouraged. Send them to drama camp for a week in the summer. But it's not welcome anywhere else in your family life.

3. Emulate kindness, gentleness, and self control and expect it from them. Whole household has to buy into the idea that there is no excuse to not behave appropriately. When they bring up, well so and so's parents...." then tell them "well so and so ought to be thankful they're not in this household because if they were living here that wouldn't fly."

4. Pray without ceasing.
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 03-20-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks sunny. I have already started praying. This will help tremendously. She is starting to get overwhelmed. You know how it is with sports practices and school. The kid has need made a B but now she is becoming overwhelmed.

I figured it could be the diet.

Honestly I have made huge changes in myself. I strive to be a better husband and father daily. I am working on cussing but it's a work in progress.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer this. We will start implementing these. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DON'T BE AVERAGE!!!

Page 289 of 517 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast