Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 7628
Thread: Sunnyday's Training Journal
12-16-2019, 04:11 PM #7576
On Friday I got out of bed and staggered from furniture to furniture to get to the bathroom, as I have every morning for months. My husband was home for the day and will be every Friday through the end of the year, so I told him I was going to go to the gym but just to visit the DPT. Brought my recent x-rays with me. Thankfully he wasn’t busy so he could take some time and work on me. After some fascial release, cupping, and taping, we talked some more about a path forward. I spent the weekend on the sofa. Not because of pain, but just to take a mental break. Plus I made use of the time to study my coaching stuff.
I wasn’t in pain this weekend but just mentally drained from years of trying to have people help me and feeling like no one can get me where I’m sure I can go. I studied all weekend btw, and did stretching and mobility work as tolerated/motivated.
I saw the DPT again today and he did some really productive stuff! I had a couple of extra degrees of internal rotation in the hip at the start of the session (still not a lot, maybe 5 degrees at most total). But after some passive mobility he got me to 14 degrees! We’re both elated and optimistic. He dry needled my glute and we have a tentative date for more work on Friday.
I’m not at all upset that I’m not training right now. Sure, I could gut through it and if I feel like it I might train something tomorrow and through the week. Just going day to day at this point.
12-17-2019, 09:27 PM #7577
Tuesday 12/17 upper body, back focus
Tim Anderson’s 5 resets
some extra hip and back mobility and stretches per the chiro
Nick Tumminello’s upper body warmup
band over & backs, face pulls, straight arm pulldowns, pull aparts
Wide grip pullups:
3 x BW+5 x 5 - dropped things back a little
4 x BW x 60 sec hold
Superset 1 (4 rounds):
Face pulls - 40 x 15
Srraight arm pulldowns - 40 x 15
Superset 2 (4 rounds):
Meadows rows - 50 x 8/side
Wide grip upright rows - 55 x 8
Superset 3 (4 rounds):
Reverse grip seal row - 95 x 8
Reverse grip 1-arm lat pulldowns - 75 x 8/side
Superset 4 (4 rounds):
1-arm DB rows 30 x 8/side
Decline plate pullovers 25 x 8
Finished with 30 minutes on the elliptical
12-18-2019, 12:19 PM #7578
So yesterday was a win. Today IDK
I woke up feeling meh but then walking down the stairs was like
Lotsa tingling in the good foot and up into the calf. I’m wondering whether the tingling is actually coming from a pinched nerve in the gastroc because the tingling seems to stop in the calf on the inside just below the knee. While this sounds depressing to you peeps and normally it would be to me too, I’m finding this surprisingly interesting. At least for now. The physical therapist is going to dig this shiz.
So long story short, a lot of the pain today is sore muscles due to all the recent tissue work. Since I can pinpoint it this time, I decided to take some NSAIDS just so I can walk and move without compensating in bad ways. Took an hour to kick in and I’m walking OK. Mopped the kitchen floor so at least it doesn’t look like a garbage dump anymore LOL. At the gym now and my plan is seriously taking it easy and just get some blood and joints moving. Nothing that’s going to require a recovery.
Last edited by Sunnyday; 12-18-2019 at 12:19 PM.
12-19-2019, 11:54 AM #7579
01-08-2020, 01:24 PM #7580
Checking in. Crazy busy here but it’s all good. Still training daily, making improvements in mobility, and pound for pound still lifting more than PfA. LOL!!
01-09-2020, 11:58 AM #7581
thx for the update , Sunny, glad things are goin' greatMY LORD OF LORDS!!!
01-16-2020, 05:40 PM #7582
Hey people. The year has started out great for me. A few highlights:
1. Making solid progress with mobility and pain management due to a new physio. The man is a genius!
2. I deadlifted. Not a lot, just 135 for 6 singles but I’m just happy to be deadlifting again.
3. Cardio has been consistent and my conditioning is improving on a freak streak! I had my VO2 max estimated at 39, which equates to a “fitness age” of 20! My original goal for 2020 was to get it to 26, half my age. So I spanked that goal. New goal is to get it to 19, to wave it in my 19-yo daughter’s face LOL
4. Exile is having a friendly online bench for max reps competition: bodyweight for men and half bodyweight for women. I haven’t even benched the empty barbell in months so I had no expectations on what I could put up. A friend posted her entry for 31 reps and I thought ok, just TRY for 32. WELL! Sunny did you proud, my peeps! Smoked 40 reps for my entry! Video is on my Instagram page and naturally Instagram had to cut the video at rep 34 but I showed the full length version to the dude running the contest so I’m in! I have until March 27 to post my final attempt. Felt awkward but amazing to be on a bench again. I won’t say the experience was pain free but it wasn’t THAT bad. I’m stoked to try to beat 40 reps!
5. Coming into the final stretch of studying for my health coaching certification exam. Wish me luck!
Hoping to post up some full workouts soon once I have more time.
01-17-2020, 09:43 AM #7583
Great news Sunny. Glad to hear that things are improving for you!
I predict 45 reps for March 27!!
01-17-2020, 12:39 PM #7584
thx for ur awesome update Sunny, and keep up the great workMY LORD OF LORDS!!!
01-17-2020, 06:18 PM #7585
01-17-2020, 06:19 PM #7586
01-18-2020, 09:06 PM #7587
Hey my friend. Glad to see you are still going strong
Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkCutlerAthletics.com
01-22-2020, 11:54 AM #7588
Hit a PR of sorts yesterday. Previous VO2 max 39, which is top 15% of age/gender. Hit 41 yesterday which puts me in the top 10% for my age group and gender. Really proud of that considering my hip and spine issues.
01-22-2020, 11:56 AM #7589
01-27-2020, 01:54 PM #7590
New fitness PR!
Latest estimated VO2 max is 44!! That’s the top 5% for my age group and gender! Really proud of my crippled self!
Last edited by Sunnyday; 01-27-2020 at 01:54 PM.