Page 101 of 517 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 7742

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniewicked View Post
    Yikes... pain this close to a competition could be a nuissance! Hope you feel better soon, sweet lady!

12 weeks out... YAYYY! That's an exciting time... starts getting you super amped for what's to come!
    Yep, super-stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Could just be one of those things that is gone by next week. A massage would be great. Stretch during the day too.
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaRD23 View Post
    Wow...12 week out game plan already!! Time is getting close!! Glad your delt felt better as you got into your workout. I have a TENS machine at home that I used to be able to use in between my chiropractor visits. Can't use now while preggo though.

I guess some massage and heat would be your best bet if it keeps bothering you.
    I think the massage will help a lot. I'll also be doing plenty of stretching, foam roller, and heat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by partsRheavy View Post
    I think the pain will be gone soon. Epsom salts are your friend (soak the healing area 2x/day).

I've had a painless ganglion cyst on my L ankle for years....
    Wish I could say my ganglion cyst on the back of my wrist was painless. It really HURT! So I had no choice but to get it aspirated and hope it doesn't return. No pain in the area since the cyst was removed, thankfully.

I will definintely take the advice on soaking in the epsom salts a couple times a day...thanks for the reminder of that remedy!

Quote Originally Posted by shankuan View Post
    When was your last 'planned' break from lifting?

all these 'issues' may mean now is a good time to take a 'cruise' week off from lifting and giving your body sometime to recharge. Especially now at the 12 week mark, its perfect time imho.

Our bodies have a way of speaking to us when it really needs a break. Even during your vacay you still had some pretty decent workouts and add to that the trail running, you've been moving like the little engine that could...on hyperdrive so maybe taking a few days off from lifting, but keeping the lighter cardio in for a week will do you good.

i know when my 'issues' start popping up its time for a deload/cruise week. food for thought?
    Thanks for the food for thought, shankuan. I don't think it's anything serious, thankfully. Right after my last comp I took a couple weeks off of regular lifting and cardio and I actually felt worse. My scoliosis and related chronic back issues are just too much to take more time off than that from a regular strength training program. Cardio with only high-rep/low-wt training actually makes it unbearable for me, so I know I need to keep at least one or two heavier sets in the mix. I think the biggest contributor to my shoulder problem was the two full days' worth of driving - each way - for our vacation. Having to keep both hands on the wheel for extended periods of time really did both me and my husband in! Add to that the strain of hauling 2 toddlers in and out of the car (and onto the higher public toilets than what we have at home and at my in-laws' cabin) multiple times per day on those travel days because my husband physically CAN'T lift them due to his back injuries, and I'm actually surprised I can even move at all since that trip. I think my body just needs to readjust from the strain of travel and get used to being back in a regular routine.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Quote Originally Posted by katt981 View Post
    Holy Moses! That was quite a leg day - put mine to shame... Dang you! LOL
    It's all LeeLee's fault. Her leg days are unreal, so I figured I'd better kick things up a notch...or two...or three. Right now my legs feel like I put them through a blender, and they are letting me know it, too. Not looking forward to putting on a posing suit later tonight and holding a few poses for my coach, LOL!

Hey Sunny,

Just popping in, been so MIA lately I feel! Anyways, whoo hoo only 12 weeks away! How much fun are you ready to have!

Also, I have the same wrist issues, I ended up using wrist wraps for all my chest day workouts. Also, seriously invest in that work out band I had in my video on my journal, that has helped open me up during work outs chest/shoulders SO MUCH MORE. Its so light its always in my bag bc I never know when I need it. Just nice to have.

I hope you're feeling better! I feel like I live off of aspirin these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    It's all LeeLee's fault. Her leg days are unreal, so I figured I'd better kick things up a notch...or two...or three. Right now my legs feel like I put them through a blender, and they are letting me know it, too. Not looking forward to putting on a posing suit later tonight and holding a few poses for my coach, LOL!
    You're brave! No way would I follow her or Hammer. I don't think an oxygen tank would help

LEG DAY!

Gym was so crowded I was lucky to have a machine open up when I needed it, so I was limited on supersets today. Oh well. Still a productive day.

Seated leg curl:
    60 x 15
    80 x 15
    100 x 10 toes out
    100 x 10 toes in
    110 x 6 drop by 30s back to 50

Leg extension:
    55 x 15
    85 x 15
    115 x 11
    130 x 9
    145 x 8
    175 x 6 drop by 45s back to 40

Hacks ss SLDLs:
    +20 x 15 ss 55 x 15
    +40 x 12 ss 75 x 12
    +60 x 10 ss 95 x 10
    +80 x 6 ss 115 x 8

45-deg leg press:
    sled x 15
    +90 x 12
    +180 x 10
    +270 x 8
    +270 x 6 (failure); drop 1pps & go to failure w/feet high; drop 1pps & go to failure w/feet low/close; drop 1pps (now empty sled) & go to failure w/feet high/wide turned out. Love this!!

Seated calves:
    +50 x 15
    +70 x 13
    +90 x 10
    +110 x 8
    +70 x 11

Leg press calves (different machine than above):
    75 x 15
    100 x 12
    125 x 10 toes in
    125 x 10 toes out
    100 x 10 toes straight
    Great routine! Good Job Girlie!

you're brave! No way would i follow her or hammer. I don't think an oxygen tank would help
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChristyLaurenPoole View Post
    Hey Sunny,

Just popping in, been so MIA lately I feel! Anyways, whoo hoo only 12 weeks away! How much fun are you ready to have!

Also, I have the same wrist issues, I ended up using wrist wraps for all my chest day workouts. Also, seriously invest in that work out band I had in my video on my journal, that has helped open me up during work outs chest/shoulders SO MUCH MORE. Its so light its always in my bag bc I never know when I need it. Just nice to have.

I hope you're feeling better! I feel like I live off of aspirin these days!
    Yes, thanks, I'm feeling better. Wrist isn't bothering me at all. In fact, I can finally do flat-hand pushups again. All through my last contest prep, I was only able to do knuckle pushups, so this is a nice treat.

I will definintely be picking up the WO band. I need all the help I can get for this prep.

As far as how much fun I'm ready to have, I called up my coach when I got back from vacation and I was like, "I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! So let's get this PARTY started! He busted out laughing.

You're brave! No way would I follow her or Hammer. I don't think an oxygen tank would help
    Bhahahahaha! Yeah, I'm either very brave, very stupid, or (more likely) very much both brave AND stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHammer View Post
    Great routine! Good Job Girlie!
    Hyooooge compliment coming from the queen of supersets! Thanks!
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 08-10-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Update on contest prep...

This Friday I will be 11 weeks out from OCB Yorton Cup Nationals!
    Show date: Friday, October 28. Prejudging 4:30, Finals 7:00.
    I'll be competing in Figure Masters and Open (short, I'm 5'2").

Some stats: 112 lbs @ 11% bf (skinfold) as done by coach Dave Pulcinella
    Compare to last prep earlier this year: 108 lbs @ 15% bf @ 9 wks out when I started working with Dave

Already had some diet changes due to my starting as lean as I am - he INCREASED my FOOOOOOOOOD! Woot!
    The stuff I eat...
    (if you know Dave you know variety is for offseason)
    M1 - egg whites, oatmeal, almonds (as a pancake), scoop of whey protein in my coffee
    M2 - whey protein, oatmeal
    M3 - flank steak, turkey breast, sweet potato, green beans
    M4 - tuna, green beans, flaxseed oil
    M5 - turkey breast, green beans
    M6 - casein protein

Supplements I take...
    Multivitamin
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Fish Oil
    Calcium/Vitamin D
    Vitamin C
    Juice Plus
    L-carnitine
    yohimbine HCl (personal fave since my masters is in indole alkaloid synthesis)
    caffeine free fat burner
    ZMA

Dave usually lets me run with the above diet for a while and throws the cheats in later if I'm coming in too fast. Supps get tweaked as needed.

Training - Dave pretty much gives me carte blanche for weights (unless he sees weaknesses or I ask for advice)
    Cardio - 20 min/day @ 4 days/wk for starters

Dave hadn't seen me since a week after my show in June. He was seriously (I'd even go so far as to say speechlessly) impressed with the changes I made. To paraphrase what he said...more size everywhere, more detail everywhere, better ab separation. He had nothing but kudos for me, which was great to hear. He basically told me to keep doing what I'm doing in the gym and keep up the great work (thanks to all the inspiration I've been receiving from all you peeps here on RX! Muah! ).

Putting on a posing suit and 5" heels tonight to do some quarter turns and posing for Dave I got a look in the mirror and even I could see a difference, which I hadn't really noticed before. I also stopped by my posing coach's studio on my way home (IFPA pro Lisa Reale) since she's less than a mile from Dave's office, and she was just as pleased with the changes she saw in me. A little history on Lisa - she won her pro card at the Yorton in 2009 and it was her FIRST show. I'll be hitting her up for posing practice at around the 8 or 9 week mark. They're pleased, I'm psyched. What more can I say except,
    "LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!"
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 08-10-2011 at 11:02 PM.

I think that is one of the benefits of going from contest prep back to maintenance mode. The body responds really well to stimulus. Lots of growth can happen.

Update on contest prep...

This Friday I will be 11 weeks out from OCB Yorton Cup Nationals!
    Show date: Friday, October 28. Prejudging 4:30, Finals 7:00.
    I'll be competing in Figure Masters and Open (short, I'm 5'2").

Compare to last prep earlier this year: 108 lbs @ 15% bf @ 9 wks out when I started working with Dave

Already had some diet changes due to my starting as lean as I am - he INCREASED my FOOOOOOOOOD! Woot!
    The stuff I eat...
    (if you know Dave you know variety is for offseason)
    M1 - egg whites, oatmeal, almonds (as a pancake), scoop of whey protein in my coffee
    M2 - whey protein, oatmeal
    M3 - flank steak, turkey breast, sweet potato, green beans
    M4 - tuna, green beans, flaxseed oil
    M5 - turkey breast, green beans
    M6 - casein protein

Supplements I take...
    Multivitamin
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Fish Oil
    Calcium/Vitamin D
    Vitamin C
    Juice Plus
    L-carnitine
    yohimbine HCl (personal fave since my masters is in indole alkaloid synthesis)
    caffeine free fat burner
    ZMA

Dave usually lets me run with the above diet for a while and throws the cheats in later if I'm coming in too fast. Supps get tweaked as needed.

Training - Dave pretty much gives me carte blanche for weights (unless he sees weaknesses or I ask for advice)
    Cardio - 20 min/day @ 4 days/wk for starters

Dave hadn't seen me since a week after my show in June. He was seriously (I'd even go so far as to say speechlessly) impressed with the changes I made. To paraphrase what he said...more size everywhere, more detail everywhere, better ab separation. He had nothing but kudos for me, which was great to hear. He basically told me to keep doing what I'm doing in the gym and keep up the great work (thanks to all the inspiration I've been receiving from all you peeps here on RX! Muah! ).

Putting on a posing suit and 5" heels tonight to do some quarter turns and posing for Dave I got a look in the mirror and even I could see a difference, which I hadn't really noticed before. I also stopped by my posing coach's studio on my way home (IFPA pro Lisa Reale) since she's less than a mile from Dave's office, and she was just as pleased with the changes she saw in me. A little history on Lisa - she won her pro card at the Yorton in 2009 and it was her FIRST show. I'll be hitting her up for posing practice at around the 8 or 9 week mark. They're pleased, I'm psyched. What more can I say except,
    "LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!"
    What more can you ask for @ 11 weeks out! More muscle, less fat, more food less cardio!! Girl I'd say that's a GREAT way to delve into a prep! Nice work SunnyD and once again you've proven that IT CAN BE DONE with some effort, a little bit of creativity and determination! I'm excited for you

I'm going to certainly direct anybody who complains about not enough time to work in the gym (or wherever), prep their meals, have a day job, 1 kid, husband etc to your journal! The way your life is and how you get it all done would be a real EYE opener for many of them!

Wow...this is an AMAZING starting point!! You are totally going to kick ass!!

PENCILNECK

Great journal ,,, following
    keep it up

Woot Woot - you go girl! 11 weeks out and in such great shape!!

I could barely sleep last night I was so excited after seeing Dave and Lisa. Just the thought of getting all crazy lean, getting all tanned up, getting hair, nails, and makeup professionally done, putting on a ridiculously expensive blinged out bikini and 5" heels and rocking it out on stage (and calling it a sport no less) has got me all fired up. I wonder why?

Hit delts today. Left side didn't bother me pain-wise once I was warmed up. It still feels very tight. I keep putting off the massage 'cause I know it is gonna hurrrrrrt.

Giant set w/5s @ 20 reps - front-side-rear db raise
    25 front-to-back stretches with pole

WG upright bb row ss Arnolds
    35 x 15 ss 10s x 15
    45 x 15 ss 10s x 15
    55 x 10 ss 15s x 10
    65 x 6 drop 45 x 8 ss 20s x 6 drop by 5s to 10s

Machine reverse flyes (palms in):
    37.5 x 15
    62.5 x 15
    87.5 x 9
    100 x 4 drop by 25s back to 50

Machine side lateral raise:
    20 x 15
    30 x 15
    50 x 9
    70 x 4 drop by 20s back to 10

Front db raise:
    10s x 15
    15s x 15
    20s x 9
    25s x 3 drop by 10s back to 5s

Finished with 20" on the elliptical. Back to skipping my shower now that I'm in prep mode. At least I got to preschool on time to pick up my son. Gotta tighten this up by about another 15 minutes in the next few weeks so I'm ready for him at the bus stop once school starts. (translation - more Lisa-style supersets! )

Page 101 of 517 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast