Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

There is this old Native Indian Ceremonial circle near my house that is all over grown, my self and some friends are thinking of restoring it back the way it used to be.......after we get it done we'll return at Midnight on the Fullmoon and do some Magic let you know how it goes.

This is what it used to look like a few years ago.

P.S. JIM would be shitting his pants if he was with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ODINSOWN; 03-26-2009 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    yes, i said you were drunk. that's exactly what i said. thanks for reading my post clearly and not adding hyperbole.
    Actually, I did'nt finish reading your post. I've read some others, and there was really no point in reading the whole thing. What you say is right and logical. What everyone else may have experienced can easily be explained by you so there really is no reason to continue. You have all the answers to all of the questions. You must have a great imagination. How do you enjoy a movie without explaining why there is no way, for instance, a guy can turn into a big green monster and smash things. All of your science is not going to change what happened right here in my living room. No matter how you explain it, my DAD WAS DEAD BEFORE MY SON WAS BORN. HOW DID HE KNOW WHO HE WAS? You can't explain it, its something you believe or you don't. Because you don't, don't think big science brain waves poo poo platters are going to change what others believe.

FREAK

Hmmm, ghosts can't exist because of the undeniable logic used here, but if someone sees a ghost they're not full of shit? Something doesn't fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by ODINSOWN View Post
    There is this old Native Indian Ceremonial circle near my house that is all over grown, my self and some friends are thinking of restoring it back the way it used to be.......after we get it done we'll return at Midnight on the Fullmoon and do some Magic let you know how it goes.

This is what it used to look like a few years ago.
    Sounds cool. But you should check with jim to make sure it really exsists.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    About ghosts you said "lucky for us there is no such thing."

BigAl has a personal experience he described. But since "there is no such thing" you're telling him he's just full of shit.

Might as well say he was just drunk. Either one would be calling him full of shit which you did.
    So bro, answer me this: Would you think I was full of shit if I said:

I'm 270lbs, 4%bf, all I eat is 2 meals a day, both being candy and beer. I train when I feel like it and that is every 4 days or so. I don't do cardio, I don't take any drugs or supps. I can also jump 20 feet in the air and can run through concrete walls.

Am I full of shit?

FREAK

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    i'm saying no such thing. your continued insistence that i'm saying anything like that is a continuation of your lying.
    If someone says "I saw a ghost." and you say "ghosts don't exist," how is that NOT calling them full of shit?

FREAK

Quote Originally Posted by Luka Treska View Post
    So bro, answer me this: Would you think I was full of shit if I said:

I'm 270lbs, 4%bf, all I eat is 2 meals a day, both being candy and beer. I train when I feel like it and that is every 4 days or so. I don't do cardio, I don't take any drugs or supps. I can also jump 20 feet in the air and can run through concrete walls.

Am I full of shit?
    What's your point?

What's your point?
    X2???

My point is, you're willing to throw away all logical, reasonable, scientific explanations and simply believe someone's "personal experience". So my question is: do you believe what I wrote a few posts above?

FREAK

Quote Originally Posted by Luka Treska View Post
    My point is, you're willing to throw away all logical, reasonable, scientific explanations and simply believe someone's "personal experience". So my question is: do you believe what I wrote a few posts above?

Well get back to me when you have a complete understanding of the universe.

Until then, these experiences bring up the question "what is going on?" THIS is what a reasonable, scientific, and logical person would ask. I'm not saying all experiences are legit, but if you weed through the bullshit there are very interesting ones out there.

Can you tell me how a 1 1/2 yr old kid, knowing about someone who died before he was born, calling him"Papa Angel", and laughing and talking at a picture, and whenever we drove by the cemetary is logical, reasonable, or scientifically explained?

Well get back to me when you have a complete understanding of the universe.

Until then, these experiences bring up the question "what is going on?" THIS is what a reasonable, scientific, and logical person would ask. I'm not saying all experiences are legit, but if you weed through the bullshit there are very interesting ones out there.
    Bro, A) why did you not answer my question? and B) the "weed through" process is scientific tests. THAT'S how we weed out bs claims and reasonable claims. There seem to be a lot of bs paranormal claims and none that have survived the "weed out" process.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl33 View Post
    Can you tell me how a 1 1/2 yr old kid, knowing about someone who died before he was born, calling him"Papa Angel", and laughing and talking at a picture, and whenever we drove by the cemetary is logical, reasonable, or scientifically explained?
    Can you tell me how I weight 270lbs, with 4%bf, with no drugs or supps, barely any nutrients and irregular, negligent training?

Actually, I did'nt finish reading your post. I've read some others, and there was really no point in reading the whole thing. What you say is right and logical. What everyone else may have experienced can easily be explained by you so there really is no reason to continue. You have all the answers to all of the questions. You must have a great imagination. How do you enjoy a movie without explaining why there is no way, for instance, a guy can turn into a big green monster and smash things. All of your science is not going to change what happened right here in my living room. No matter how you explain it, my DAD WAS DEAD BEFORE MY SON WAS BORN. HOW DID HE KNOW WHO HE WAS? You can't explain it, its something you believe or you don't. Because you don't, don't think big science brain waves poo poo platters are going to change what others believe.
    magic is not the default position. "i don't know" is a perfectly fine response. saying no explanation is possible, that it's a miracle, is a cop-out.

and i never discounted your experience. i took you at your word. i didn't say you were lying about that. i took you seriously, and i answered your question to me in all seriousness. now you're being a jackass.
    btw, i love the hulk.

By the way, experience means nothing because jim used logic to prove that it can't exist!

p.s. I'm done with this thread
    That is absolutely true. Personal experience is not evidence. Our senses are imperfect and easily fooled. Very easily. Anecdotal evidence is not reliable evidence, and yet all of you in favor of the supernatural keep presenting personal experience as if it has any kind of weight whatsoever in this argument when in fact it does not. Not all ideas are equal, I have said this over and over and over, the value of an idea is commensurate with the evidence that backs it up, and none of you, Frosty, SoP, or any of the others arguing for ghosts and psychic powers or whatever, have offered anything worth even a Turkish Lira of an idea. The fact that there are unknowns in the universe does not leave room for absolutely any idea to be valid. There are mountains and mountains of evidence to support a rational, systematic functioning to the universe and the laws that govern it. There is no evidence of the power of prayer, or ghosts, or spirits, or psychics, or any of the other paranormal claims being made here, because valid evidence of such would have shook the world as we know it to the core, it would have completely changed the way we understand EVERYTHING about the world if there was even a hint of reliable evidence to support any of this; but there isn't. For fuck's sake, look at shows like Ghosthunters, which have been on for years and years, pouring immense amounts of resources into looking into these things and yet they have turned up nothing of value, not a single shred of even the slightest bit of evidence. Look at the CIA studies done on psychics, pouring millions of dollars and years and years of research into this and turning up absolutely nothing. James Randi has been offering a million dollars to anyone in the world who can show evidence of the supernatural for decades now, and he's never had to pay out a single dime. You are all refusing to accept reality, because you do not want to. You are choosing ignorance over enlightenment, and would rather go with simple, small ideas rather than marveling at the grandeur and complexity of the universe as we understand it and how it operates in a way beyond the imaginings of even the most imaginative of people could have ever conceived of on their own had the massive amounts of evidence we have accumulated over centuries not shown us.
    Last edited by ElSpiko; 03-26-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Kids have imaginary friends, and they are more perceptive than we give them credit for, hence he picked up on the picture being a picture of your father. Because that is infinitely more likely than ghosts being real and our understanding of the universe being completely wrong despite immense evidence to the contrary.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast