Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Stay On Target...

Howdy. On to yet another online journal. Hopefully I can stay motivated more through here. It's good to be accountable to something, and this online journaling thing can do that (so I hear )

Anywhoo, my original plan was 1-1-10 through 12-31-10 to stick to the plan and be good. Yes, yes, I realize that puts me in the "Resolutioner" Crowd That plan was thwarted when I came down with some sort of GI issue NYE (probably had NOTHING to do with my last cheat meal of 2009 ) So I will just make it 365 days from when I start before I reassess and decide which show(s?) I want to do in 2011.

So I will just start this now, and pick it up in a couple days when I can keep all of my meals down without feeling ill after consuming them.

The plan is this: Back on the diet my trainer had me on this time last year. I seemed to do well in putting on muscle with that while not getting fat. I'll hop back on the training schedule, too (6 days of weights, one day of rest), and hit cardio at least 3 days a week. My boss also wants me to run a leg of the Denver Marathon Relay with her in October, so another goal of mine will be to run 4 miles in 36 mins or less. Tall order for me, because right now my 1 mile time is like 12 mins X_X My best 1 mile time EVER was 9:33, and that was 11 or 12 years ago lol so I figure a 9 minute mile pace isn't unreachable.

I probably won't train tomorrow, just to make sure tonight's feeling better wasn't a complete fluke, and if I'm smart (and staying on target) I'll hit the gym Thursday.

Yay! Another journal to follow!
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiJedi View Post

Howdy. On to yet another online journal. Hopefully I can stay motivated more through here. It's good to be accountable to something, and this online journaling thing can do that (so I hear )

Anywhoo, my original plan was 1-1-10 through 12-31-10 to stick to the plan and be good. Yes, yes, I realize that puts me in the "Resolutioner" Crowd That plan was thwarted when I came down with some sort of GI issue NYE (probably had NOTHING to do with my last cheat meal of 2009 ) So I will just make it 365 days from when I start before I reassess and decide which show(s?) I want to do in 2011.

So I will just start this now, and pick it up in a couple days when I can keep all of my meals down without feeling ill after consuming them.

The plan is this: Back on the diet my trainer had me on this time last year. I seemed to do well in putting on muscle with that while not getting fat. I'll hop back on the training schedule, too (6 days of weights, one day of rest), and hit cardio at least 3 days a week. My boss also wants me to run a leg of the Denver Marathon Relay with her in October, so another goal of mine will be to run 4 miles in 36 mins or less. Tall order for me, because right now my 1 mile time is like 12 mins X_X My best 1 mile time EVER was 9:33, and that was 11 or 12 years ago lol so I figure a 9 minute mile pace isn't unreachable.

I probably won't train tomorrow, just to make sure tonight's feeling better wasn't a complete fluke, and if I'm smart (and staying on target) I'll hit the gym Thursday.

You'll be ok. My best ever mile time was 5.3-6 minutes back in high school. You will be fine. May the force be with you.

So today I decided to go with it. Got up (albeit an hour late) and got to the gym for 30 mins cardio. 15 jogging (the entire time at like a 14 min mile) and 15 stairs. I apparently can't stay away from the stairs lol

Food is staying down so far, so that's a good sign. I'll see how it goes at work, and maybe hit arms afterwards.

Sooooooo.... no weights after work. 6 degree weather and scraping my car and the thought of going home and grabbing my gym bag and going back out....ehhh I know I should, because I'm sure somewhere in the state my competition is going back out in this. I'll use the excuse that I'm getting over being sick, I *did* get my cardio in this morning, though, so I shouldn't over do it.....

Yea, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    You'll be ok. My best ever mile time was 5.3-6 minutes back in high school. You will be fine. May the force be with you.
    Thanks!! I know I will--just gotta train for it!

6 degrees is too hardcore for me.....

...and the pipes in this poorly-insulated house!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiJedi View Post
    Sooooooo.... no weights after work. 6 degree weather and scraping my car and the thought of going home and grabbing my gym bag and going back out....ehhh I know I should, because I'm sure somewhere in the state my competition is going back out in this. I'll use the excuse that I'm getting over being sick, I *did* get my cardio in this morning, though, so I shouldn't over do it.....

It got to 16 degrees this afternoon! Woot!!

Well, after another butt-kicking at work (but not as bad as Monday and Tuesday) I'm home briefly to down a shake (after I thought we were going to dinner so I didn't down it at work ) then get a blitz lift in. No cardio this morning, and diet was a joke. I need to go grocery shopping. I wanted to go today with what was supposed to be my day off, but with 2 techs in the hospital I only get Sunday off this week.

On the upside, I have orientation for my internship on Monday! I'm soooooooo excited and cannot wait to be finished with that so I can get the hell out of retail. I'll start interning on the 20th. 30 hours a week there, 30 hours a week at my job, and whenever those 30 hours a week at the internship add up to 405 hours (13.5 weeks I think) hopefully I will have a job from that *crosses fingers*

Ok, off to change quick then hit the iron! Going to work back tonight.

RX MEMBER

We actually got some snow today! LOL A whole 1/2 inch accumulation. The city was damn near at a standstill. Not me. I got out and got to the gym after work.

20 degrees, with a harsh wind. WTF?

I think the entire country is in a deep freeze. Kind of like "The Day After Tomorrow" LOL I hear Florida is worried about the orange and strawberry crops. Buy your OJ now before prices go up! We had an inch or two of accumulation last night. 2 degrees out right now. BRRRRR!

Back done. Nice quick workout. Now that I'm home I'm feeling it, so that's good. 5 sets of 8-10 reps: Lat pull downs, assisted pull ups, hyperextensions, barbell rows. I was running out of gas at that point, but gave it everything I had with each set. That's all I can ask of myself, eh? That, and keep progressing each week.

Default Today....

No morning cardio. I really *hate* mornings lol I did blast chest after work, and got some running in (10 minutes). I tell ya, running is HARD!! I think I like the darn step mill better I'm looking forward to sticking with it a bit, though, because it will be doing something I've never done before when I actually do run that 4 mile leg come October.

I have an early day tomorrow. Day 6 of my workweek >.< I have intern orientation Monday, then it's like 15 weeks and I should be changing jobs/starting my career!! YEEEE HAW!!!!

No gym as of yet today. Fell asleep on the couch at like 9pm last night, woke up around 6 when hubby was making his shake/pre-workout stuff, fell back asleep until about 9am when the cats were making a racket, moved to the bed until noon. Took another nap(ish) until about 130, reinstated my membership at 24 so I can train with my good friend again, have my gym clothes by me here on the couch, and here I am dicking around online *sigh* Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest, right? I feel like I should at least get some cardio in, although I need to lift arms, too. And now I have a cat plopped in my lap. There goes another hour LOL

On the bright side, I've lost a pound and fried my chest Friday night (work was fun yesterday: I open pill bottles all day, and after a good hard chest workout...yea, good times!). It didn't feel like such a bad workout until Saturday morning. Those are my favorite: Oh this isn't so bad *next day* YES IT WAS!!

I finally made it to the gym for 30ish minutes of cardio (it may have been more, I tend to lose track/mess up the numbers). Felt good to actually go. I really need to go when the bug bites, and not 3 hours later. I think it would be easier heh

Tomorrow after my intern orientation I'm lifting with one of my dearest friends ^_^ YAAAAY!! I enjoy girl time at the gym. It's nice

Default Monday, Jan 11, 2010

Had my New Employee Orientation today. Sitting down all day listening to someone blab on and on and on is hard work!!! Give me running around/being on my feet all day anytime. Just kidding I'm so incredibly excited for my internship it's not even funny. I get my own cubical!!!! Lame, I know, but I am so ready to get out of retail that the idea of my own little workspace makes me happy And the idea of being there sometime between 8-830am is my kind of place I don't care how fast I set my clocks at home, I'm ALWAYS late for something >.<

Had a great workout with my new workout partner (well, old...I guess "renewed workout partner" is the better term) tonight. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy girl time at the gym? Lifted back...oy I am weak! I just need to get back into the swing of things again and start lifting consistently and it will all be gravy again.

What type of job will you be doing?
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast