Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 2011 Competition Season- BikiniAshley_62 :)

Hey everyone! I'm a new poster on here but I wanted to start a journal. I feel it helps others to get to know you better, and I like the accountability. (And it gives me something to do inbetween meals

My contest is on June 18th, in New Haven CT. I'll be doing the NPC CT State! I'll be competing in Bikini (for now.) PJ is my contest prep coach. Everything has been going really awesome!

I hired him halfway through my prep and he's been a lifesaver! I have a trainer, too, Tabitha Leandri.

I discovered the world of competing when I joined Gold's Gym New Haven in November of '09. I was inspired to change my life for the better when I saw the amazing, motivating atmosphere within the gym. Prior to joining, I had been struggling with eating disorders and a poor self-image.

I'll be updating as often as I can! Feel free to stop in and write.... well, whatever you want!!!

Today is my Saturday. (I have a weird schedule.) I definitely slept in.... Why can't I be a chipper morning person?! Damn.

Today I train with my trainer.... back, biceps, and abs. I also would like to get to the gym early so I can practice my posing. I haven't been doing that nearly as much as I want to, lately.

PJ gave me a small cheat last night. I had 2 pieces pizza. It sucked, because I have a BIG appetite... For my last cheat, I had a medium pizza with extra sauce, cheese, and pepperoni, 2 Reese's Big Cups, and 1/2 a box of Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake rolls.... lol. Needless to say he wasn't amused.

What can I say.... I love to eat! And At 6'2", I can put away a decent amount of it!!! ;0

It's cold and freakin' raining today which doesn't make me want to go look at cars; but I need to. Maybe a third cup of coffee will help?

Oh! I'll also be competing July 16th in New York at the former Empire States show (not sure what its called now- It's now a MuscleMania show.)

Peace! I'll check in later.

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

welcome and subscribed!
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Forum Leader: Rx Fight Club stephaniewicked's Avatar

Damn, girl... I thought I had an appetite haha... at least we can talk about it in our journals without feeling too guilty!

Look forward to following your progress...
    "The gym is one of life's best arenas for building the toughest of men. Not because you learn to experience success, but because you've been forced to accept failure and identify your flaws."

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    welcome and subscribed!
    Thanks!! Glad to know at least one person is reading

The training went well tonight! Oh, and I found a car. I'll post a picture when I buy it. =) I have to fill out the loan paperwork, etc.

I got a massage tonight... Soooo relaxing! Sigh. =)

I need to go to bed early tonight and that makes me sad! I am such a frickin' night owl it's not funny! I have a shoot tomorrow though (my first, local) and I have a shitton of stuff to do in the am beforehand.

I'll come back and let y'all know how tomorrow goes!

MyOatmeal.com Rep Mr.Dedication's Avatar

Good luck on the competition and I'll be following

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniewicked View Post
    Damn, girl... I thought I had an appetite haha... at least we can talk about it in our journals without feeling too guilty!

Look forward to following your progress...
    Thanks Steph!!! I've been lurking your journal and you're gorgeous!!!

You're doing the JR. USAS right? And yes... I have a HUGE appetite. LOL.

<3

Longer entry later.... I'm prepping food.

I WANT A REESE'S!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dedication View Post
    Good luck on the competition and I'll be following
    Thanks, babe!!! Do you have a journal, too???

Less than 4 weeks to go!!!!

Today is a good day. I finished up work yesterday with a 4p-12a shift and I'm off until I leave for vacation. Not only is this my first contest prep, but it's my first time traveling while prepping (if that makes sense.) I'm a type A OCD organized type of Chick, so this should be easy- as long as I don't pack too much. (I could see myself bringing every spice I own, as well as 9 pairs of sneakers and all my muscle mags. LOL.)

I'm meeting Fleur and Jill at the gym later (if I can be ready in time- LOL.) I also have a one hour posing session with Tabi at 6- time to refine the posing and just hone in on what looks good, add some much-needed pizzazz, etc. I find I'm having a tendency to look too lost in thought while posing... LOL... Better than looking like a vapid ditz onstage though, right?! Oh boy....

I need to prep my meals, I want to cook my chicken for my vacation, freeze it, and toss it in my luggage. Food is EXPENSIVE in San Francisco!!!!

I'll eventually post a few more of my photos from my shoot. Maybe I'll give it a go now, lol.

Love you all... hope someone is reading this out there- if not that's cool too.

Has anyone ever had their significant other get upset by their photo shoot pictures?

welcome! I cannot f'n imagine what my body would look like after a whole pie (small or not lol)....1-2 slices do me in with water for 3-5 days. Like a buffalo!

Bummed I live so far and my kids are too small to take with for Jr Nats--how is your progress???

Quote Originally Posted by Cdimeo View Post
    welcome! I cannot f'n imagine what my body would look like after a whole pie (small or not lol)....1-2 slices do me in with water for 3-5 days. Like a buffalo!

Bummed I live so far and my kids are too small to take with for Jr Nats--how is your progress???
    Hey!!! I've made amazing progress. I hired PJ Braun at 10 weeks out and it's been crazy!!! I started dieting on February 25th and I've lost over 30 pounds since then. I feel like I've actually added muscle to my frame as well, although maybe I'm just seeing the muscle I already had more because I lost fat.

My strength hasn't gone down either.... I feel great!!! I was working with someone else prior to PJ and I felt like crap on the diet!!! I was eating over a pound of potatoes a day. I definitely don't do well with that many carbs. No way man. =)

LOL, I had some stomach pain and a lil bloating after the pizza, but overall was OK. I am a BIG eater... I actually have struggled my whole life with eating disorders, in particular compulsive binge eating- so one pizza is nothing for me. :yikes:

I'm finding I do very well with the structure and discipline that a contest diet provides- and PJ seems to have found a great combo in what he's laid out for me. I have a lot of energy and feel great!

I'm not doing JR Nats wither, although I'd love to go see my coach compete!!! My contest is in Hamden CT at Wilbur Cross High 6/18. Also I will be competing in NY 7/16, this time at a MuscleMania show- Oren Silvers is promoting it (the former Empire States show.)

Thanks for dropping in to say Hey!!!!

Hey everyone.... I didn't wake up as late today (Yay) but I'm moving slow (boo.) I'm just not a morning person... I probably never will be!!! Oh well. I prepped some meals for today and tomorrow and actually started the task of cooking for my vacation... I only cooked two portions of chicken but screw it, its a start. I'm on coffee cup #3 and I'm tired!!! I need to start going to bed early, but... :/ I forgot how to sleep.

I'm heading out to do errands in a bit and of course hit up the gym. I had a good chest/bi's workout yesterday... I finally got up to 20lb with dumbbell curls and the form is good.... this makes me happy. I was stuck at 15 for a long time.

I need to pose today... I'm going to do shoulders and tri's... and also force myself to do abs. Cardio of course.

Alright everyone... hope you all are having a kick ass day.... Live, laugh, love, and repeat. =)

IFBB PRO, Bros V Pros X Champion The Prodigy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BikiniAshley_62 View Post
    Today is a good day. I finished up work yesterday with a 4p-12a shift and I'm off until I leave for vacation. Not only is this my first contest prep, but it's my first time traveling while prepping (if that makes sense.) I'm a type A OCD organized type of Chick, so this should be easy- as long as I don't pack too much. (I could see myself bringing every spice I own, as well as 9 pairs of sneakers and all my muscle mags. LOL.)

I'm meeting Fleur and Jill at the gym later (if I can be ready in time- LOL.) I also have a one hour posing session with Tabi at 6- time to refine the posing and just hone in on what looks good, add some much-needed pizzazz, etc. I find I'm having a tendency to look too lost in thought while posing... LOL... Better than looking like a vapid ditz onstage though, right?! Oh boy....

I need to prep my meals, I want to cook my chicken for my vacation, freeze it, and toss it in my luggage. Food is EXPENSIVE in San Francisco!!!!

I'll eventually post a few more of my photos from my shoot. Maybe I'll give it a go now, lol.

Has anyone ever had their significant other get upset by their photo shoot pictures?
    YES! My ex used to not let me shoot in lingerie, naked or anything that showed to much skin!!! UR!!!

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by BikiniAshley_62 View Post

I had one of those, insecurity is a b*tch. Had to drop him and found someone who encourages it rather than knocking it lol.

p.s. subscribed. Love you. message me back on fb.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast