Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default 12 more weeks!

I've got 12 weeks left before the Atlantic City Pro! I've been training my buns off & seeing some nice results. I'm doing things differently this time & I'm loving it. The workouts have been hard & heavy, the tire pulling...well...sucks like it usually does, but I have a nice break in between doing just the treadmill. I weighed 174 yesterday, so we're thinking I've got about 10lbs. to go. Could be a little more, but hooooopefully not. We'll have to see when we get closer. I've got a lot of work to do with the other stuff, but looks like the fats coming off nicely. I'll be ordering my suits in the next couple of weeks from Kira (Vandella Costumes). I'm getting two suits because I can't decide what I want and to be honest...I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have to have the second one for the Ms. O. We'll have to see how that one turns out. If I don't...well...I'll have a suit for the next show after that I guess.

Default Leg Day

Had a great leg workout yesterday. I thought it wasn't going to be toooooo bad until I tried to pull the stupid tires this morning. My legs were crying.

Leg Extensions on plate loaded Strive - 20 reps/4 sets - 2 plates, 2 + 25, 3 plates, 3 + 25
    this was superset with the Strive plate loaded Leg Curl - 4 sets/12 reps - 55, 65, 75, 75

Hacksquats (on toes) - 4 sets - 1 plate on each side/12x, 1 +25/12x, 1 + 35/12x, 2 plates/20reps

Leg Press - 4 sets - 6 plates on each side/15x, 7 plates/15x, 8 plates/15x, 9 plates/20x

Walking Lunges - 3 sets - 70, 80 & 90lbs super set with standing leg curls using 60lbs. for 10-12 reps

The workout isn't tons different from my usual, but we changed up the order of things & I went heavier on the hacksquat than usual. It was enough to make me very stiff & sore already. It was a good one for sure!

Default Just a little note to say thank you!

Here's a little something I posted on my Facebook page.

Bodybuilding has been a dream of mine since I was (according to my Mom) in the 5th grade. I remember begging her to buy me Muscle & Fitness each month. She would happily buy it for me because she knew how happy it made me. I would go in my room & look through the pages of that magazine so many times that it would be falling apart by the end of the month. But...it was just in time for a new one. I kept them all for so many years. I would go back to the old ones when I had read the new one at least 10 times. Oh...those were the days.

Never in a million years did I think I would meet someone who could help me reach those dreams I had as a little girl. My husband, Alan, said from the very beginning that I could take this as far as I wanted to go. He was right. Boy...was he right. It's been a fun ride for the last 13 years, but happily (for me) I must bow out gracefully for now. After my last show in 2007 (Ms. Olympia), I decided to take a break for a while. That turned into two years. I then decided that I had "something" to prove. What or to whom I don't really know. All I know is that I was going to give it all I had. I wanted to make sure that the judges wouldn't forget who Bonny Priest was. So...starting in February...I was training harder than I had ever trained in my entire bodybuilding career. I had to put the muscle back on that I lost as well as make improvements from the last show. It was happening. Happening in an awesome way. I started dieting June 1st. About 3 weeks into the contest prep, I started realizing that life without shows was kinda nice. My husband and I have been together for 13 years & for 11 of those years, I was dieting & competing. For those of you who compete, you know exactly how time consuming that can be & how it takes away from all the things that you love to do. Consequently, we (Alan & I) have not ever been able to have a normal life until the last two years. I'm not quite ready to give up that normal life yet & I've realized that I don't really have anything to prove. I've set a world record in bench press, a couple state records, in deadlift & total. I turned pro in bodybuilding. I won a pro show the first year I competed as a pro. I qualified for the Ms. Olympia the first year as a pro. I placed 4th at the Ms. Olympia my third year as a pro. Blah, blah, blah. What more do I need? What more can I REALLY achieve in this sport. I feel pretty darn good about my accomplishments thus far.

Soooooooo...FOR NOW...I just want to LIVE my life. I've never been able to do that & I must say.......it feels REALLY GREAT! I will keep training hard. I will always be a bodybuilder, but for now...I just won't be competing. One of these days, you may see me on stage again. For now...I'll just be helping other people compete. My husband & I have always helped prep other competitors for shows & that's not going to change. For me...it's almost more fun seeing other people achieve their dreams than doing it myself. So...if you need us...I will definitely have a little more free time (no more cardio for this girl). I've got lots of personal training clients that deserve more of my attention. It's hard to be peppy when you're always exhausted. Unfortunately for them, the more energy I have, the harder they have to work.

I want to end this long note by saying THANK YOU!!! Thank you to every single person who was behind me the whole way these last several months. You are each amazing people! Keep working hard toward your own goals & dreams. Don't EVER give up until you get there!!! To each & every one of you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope everyone can understand my reasons. I just want to LIVE!

If anyone still wants to hear about some of my workouts or what's going on in life...I'd be more than glad to continue posting. Well...I say continue...I mean...actually post some & more often. I do want to thank each of you for supporting me. It sometimes takes "the masses" to get us through these shows. To each of you who are competing yourselves...GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS you in your adventure!

You are an amazing athlete Bonny! I just wanted to say YES, keep posting your workouts and updates! I love reading your workouts!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
    You are an amazing athlete Bonny! I just wanted to say YES, keep posting your workouts and updates! I love reading your workouts!

Agreed.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789