Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

ok I wanna come down to TX and workout with you!

OK .. I have a couple questions about these masochistic workouts if you can clarify -

For the arms day - Do you do each tri-set - are you doing each exercise in a circuit or 4 sets of each each?

For those crazy cross-overs.. are you laying on the ground, face up or facing down, using the grips like in pushup form?

Do you have any video of this stuff???
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    OK .. I have a couple questions about these masochistic workouts if you can clarify -

For the arms day - Do you do each tri-set - are you doing each exercise in a circuit or 4 sets of each each?

For those crazy cross-overs.. are you laying on the ground, face up or facing down, using the grips like in pushup form?

Do you have any video of this stuff???
    I know the workouts are a little crazy, but it works VERY well.

The tri-set is done like a circuit of three exercises. You do that little "circuit" rest & repeat 3 more times. Yummy...right?

The crazy cross-overs are done facing down using the grips in a pushup form. You bring them out wide like a flye when you lower yourself down. Those things trash me every single time. They are hard as hell, but you don't REALLY feel them until you finish the set. Now...for people with bad or "not-so-good" shoulders, this one is sort of iffy. Take it shallow at first & gradually get to where you can lower yourself with your chest even with your hands. CRAZY...CRAZY...CRAZY!!! You know they kind of remind me of the male gymnast when they do that one move on the rings. Their body is parallel with the floor...fortunately were not 8 feet in the air & our feet are on the ground. Oh...one little warning. You may want to put a little pad under your face...just in case you face plant. I don't think that would be too pretty!

I'll work on video. We're going to start doing a little of that this week. Especially on the weird stuff...it's a little hard to describe sometimes. We're doing legs today. I'll make sure to get a little video.

Quote Originally Posted by ~gymdiva~ View Post
    ok I wanna come down to TX and workout with you!
    It's not a very pretty area of Texas, but you're more than welcome come workout here! Bring it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny Priest View Post
    I know the workouts are a little crazy, but it works VERY well.

The tri-set is done like a circuit of three exercises. You do that little "circuit" rest & repeat 3 more times. Yummy...right?

The crazy cross-overs are done facing down using the grips in a pushup form. You bring them out wide like a flye when you lower yourself down. Those things trash me every single time. They are hard as hell, but you don't REALLY feel them until you finish the set. Now...for people with bad or "not-so-good" shoulders, this one is sort of iffy. Take it shallow at first & gradually get to where you can lower yourself with your chest even with your hands. CRAZY...CRAZY...CRAZY!!! You know they kind of remind me of the male gymnast when they do that one move on the rings. Their body is parallel with the floor...fortunately were not 8 feet in the air & our feet are on the ground. Oh...one little warning. You may want to put a little pad under your face...just in case you face plant. I don't think that would be too pretty!

I'll work on video. We're going to start doing a little of that this week. Especially on the weird stuff...it's a little hard to describe sometimes. We're doing legs today. I'll make sure to get a little video.
    OK awesome! Thanks for the clarification & recommendation of face gear on the cross-overs! I can just see it.... I'm dying try this but I need to survey the gym to see what eqpt they have. We've got lots of those "core training" trainers who love the kettle bells & BOSU, and I know one of them has long straps that they do very similar things with.

The arm thing is gonna be brutal ... that's like LOTS of sets, but I think Thurs is gonna be the day for that....
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

OK awesome! Thanks for the clarification & recommendation of face gear on the cross-overs! I can just see it.... I'm dying try this but I need to survey the gym to see what eqpt they have. We've got lots of those "core training" trainers who love the kettle bells & BOSU, and I know one of them has long straps that they do very similar things with.

The arm thing is gonna be brutal ... that's like LOTS of sets, but I think Thurs is gonna be the day for that....
    Let me know how the arm workout goes!!! You're gonna love it!

I had an absolutely brutal leg workout today. Holy crap!!! My legs are aching so bad & that was 5+ hours ago. Maybe I just took it hard...I don't know. I've also got video as well...unfortunately, I don't know how to download it yet. I'll work on that tomorrow. I promise. Ok...here it goes:

Started with leg press: 4 sets
    8 plates on each side for 15 reps, 9 plates on each side for 15 reps, 10 plates on each side for an ALL TIME BEST of 28 reps, & 11 plates on each side for 17 reps. It was a really GREAT day! I've got the last two sets on video.

My little superset of plie squats (on my toes w/a big squeeze at the top) & sissy squats - 4 sets with 70lbs. on each side for 10-12 reps & bodyweight on sissy squats for only 5-6 reps. My legs were really trashed from the leg press. OUCHY!

Then the ole hubby decided I should do something "really fun". We did a giant set of four exercises...for 3 sets. Fun, fun, fun!!! Started with walking lunges (60lbs. for about 130ft.), Hip Flexors on the total hip machine (70lbs. for 12 reps), seated leg curl (110lbs., 120lbs., 125lbs. for 12 reps), & last but not least leg extensions (110lbs., 120lbs., & 125lbs. for 15 reps with a pause at the top & toes turned slightly inward)

I finished off the workout with standing leg curls (60-70lbs. for 10 reps) - 3 sets

My legs were officially...TRASHED! There was absolutely nothing left. I was nervous about the workout already this morning & knew from the grin on my husband's face that it was gonna be BAD! It was.

I'll work on getting the video on here. It's mainly of the last two sets of leg press & the plie squat/sissy squat.

I am TIRED girls!!! Ok... if anyone tries this one out...you better definitely let me know how you feel afterward. You better get some good sleep before you try it though & don't forget to eat your Wheaties! :-D

LOL as each training day comes up, I'm finding myself going "I wonder of Bonny posted a *whatever I'm doing tomorrow* routine yet" ..

I'm so due for a change in my training and I'm still waiting to hear from my trainer to prepare for a switch at my 14 weeks out point. I'm gonna write this down for Saturday maybe. That way I've got all day to make it down the stairs from our 2nd floor gym (or I suppose I could just roll down to get it over with...) and I've got some friends there to help hold me up just in case! I currently split hams/glutes & quads so I hit legs hard 2x/week.

Do you follow the same split on a per-week basis? Can you write out how you split up the muscle groups over a week? (I'm so greedy...)
    Last edited by sassy69; 04-01-2009 at 02:05 AM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

I don't have all the equipment for that leg day but shoot, I'll give it a shot! I do want to see these plie squats on the smith though...I absolutely hate smith squats...I've always felt more comfortable having a freer range of motion...but if I see how you're doing them I may just give them a try...

LOL as each training day comes up, I'm finding myself going "I wonder of Bonny posted a *whatever I'm doing tomorrow* routine yet" ..

I'm so due for a change in my training and I'm still waiting to hear from my trainer to prepare for a switch at my 14 weeks out point. I'm gonna write this down for Saturday maybe. That way I've got all day to make it down the stairs from our 2nd floor gym (or I suppose I could just roll down to get it over with...) and I've got some friends there to help hold me up just in case! I currently split hams/glutes & quads so I hit legs hard 2x/week.

Do you follow the same split on a per-week basis? Can you write out how you split up the muscle groups over a week? (I'm so greedy...)
    I'm glad you're going to try some of them. As for the stairs...rolling down might be a good option if there's no one to help!

Here's my weekly split. It typically stays exactly the same until I start dieting for a show. I'll write that one too. It's not much different.

Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Legs
    Wednesday-Shoulders
    Thursday-Arms
    Friday-Back (I have no idea why we do this after arms)

Pre-contest is something like this (it could change though...the hubby):
    Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Quads
    Wednesday-Shoulders
    Thursday-Hams & Glutes
    Friday-Back
    Saturday-Arms

Keep me posted when you try one out!

I'm glad you're going to try some of them. As for the stairs...rolling down might be a good option if there's no one to help!

Here's my weekly split. It typically stays exactly the same until I start dieting for a show. I'll write that one too. It's not much different.

Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Legs
    Wednesday-Shoulders
    Thursday-Arms
    Friday-Back (I have no idea why we do this after arms)

Pre-contest is something like this (it could change though...the hubby):
    Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Quads
    Wednesday-Shoulders
    Thursday-Hams & Glutes
    Friday-Back
    Saturday-Arms

Keep me posted when you try one out!
    Thanks Bonny! Tomorrow is "arm day" so we'll see what's left when its over!
    ~Jack Lalanne

Holy crap! I'm exhausted. Another brutal arm day. It was really good, but I'm soooooo tired. The biceps are aching just sitting here. We train around 1:00pm every day & they are still feeling bad. It was similar to last week, but with a few changes. Uggggh!

The hubby keeps making us do these crazy tri-sets. They're killing me! :-)
    1st Tri-set -- Tricep Pushdowns (100lbs./15-20x), Decline Headbangers/Skullcrushers (80lbs./failed at only 9 reps), & Standing Dumbbell Curls w/a triple drop (35lbs., 30lbs., 25lbs./10x on each weight) OUCHY!

2nd Tri-set -- Machine Bicep Curl (70lbs./10x), Machine Tricep Press (150lbs., 160lbs., & 170lbs./20x), Standing Barbell Curl (75lbs. to failure + 3 forced reps fighting it all the way down)

Super-set -- Dumbbell Hammer Curls (40lbs./10x) & Rope Pushdowns (100lbs./12x)

As long as you go to complete failure on everything with a full range of motion...this workout will trash your arms for sure. It definitely did mine! I'm going to bed now!

Well, after doing this arm workout today, I have mucho respect for you! I was expecting to be a lot more wiped than I was, but I think I went a bit conservative in my weights because I train alone and I've got a lot of tendonitis that flairs up. It was great though - the gym was slow enough tonight to actually be able to do super sets and not have someone grab one of the machines on me. I was amazed at how quickly I got through the workout. Because I was going a little lighter, I threw in a last superset of high cable bis & rope pressdowns to burn out whatever I had. But an interesting effect was that I got a number of comments about having some good size but not in that pumped up way. I think my cardio is starting to show as well

But really a great change to my usual and I'll see how sore I am tomorrow! If I'm not, it will be telling me what I need to bring in the next session! Very cool and thanks so much for sharing Bonny!
    ~Jack Lalanne

Well, after doing this arm workout today, I have mucho respect for you! I was expecting to be a lot more wiped than I was, but I think I went a bit conservative in my weights because I train alone and I've got a lot of tendonitis that flairs up. It was great though - the gym was slow enough tonight to actually be able to do super sets and not have someone grab one of the machines on me. I was amazed at how quickly I got through the workout. Because I was going a little lighter, I threw in a last superset of high cable bis & rope pressdowns to burn out whatever I had. But an interesting effect was that I got a number of comments about having some good size but not in that pumped up way. I think my cardio is starting to show as well

But really a great change to my usual and I'll see how sore I am tomorrow! If I'm not, it will be telling me what I need to bring in the next session! Very cool and thanks so much for sharing Bonny!
    I'm glad you had a good one...next time, make sure you've got a workout partner & use some heavy stuff (be careful w/those elbows though). It really makes a huge difference. Plus...having a partner pushes you past what you'd be able to do on your own anyway. They won't let ya stop.

Next time you wanna do supersets & someone steals you machine...you tell I said to get the h*** off! I don't think it'll help, but you can sure try! Keep workin' hard!

Now U tell us to B careful with da elbows....Oooo da pain da agony So how U doing 2day? I did Bi's & Tri's yesterday, Ummm not no hundred billion tons on tricep pressdowns but I can do's skullcrushers 75lbs, ever wonder how come sum barbells are evens and sum are odd numbers...like at my gym (Beni's Gym) we have 25,35,45, and so on but when I go to the newer gym they have 40,50,60,and so on, yep makes me feel like da big kahuna when I go there, think its cause the weight feels lighter so I go heavier.( I think the gym just likes playing mind games wit me) Did you get the pic I sent you

I'm glad you had a good one...next time, make sure you've got a workout partner & use some heavy stuff (be careful w/those elbows though). It really makes a huge difference. Plus...having a partner pushes you past what you'd be able to do on your own anyway. They won't let ya stop.

Next time you wanna do supersets & someone steals you machine...you tell I said to get the h*** off! I don't think it'll help, but you can sure try! Keep workin' hard!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast