Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by kjnomad_13 View Post
    I think it's funny all the people saying that men will buy tickets to the show just to see the new Bikini. The only reason Bikini will sell more tickets is because of the friends and family that are coming to watch. I guarantee there won't be guys sitting there on a Saturday night thinking "what should we do tonight...I know the new Bikini is tonight, lets go watch." lol.
    Fixed to apply to Bikini.

I think Bikini's a valid division but all this talk about how sex sells is BS. If a guy wants to look at hot chicks, we go to a strip club or a hot body contest...or just go clubbing (where at least you have a chance at actually hooking up)...not a NPC or IFBB Bikini show.

I think it's funny all the people saying that women will buy tickets to the show just to see the new MPD. The only reason MPD will sell more tickets is because of the friends and family that are coming to watch. I guarantee there won't be girls sitting there on a Saturday night thinking "what should we do tonight...I know the new MPD is tonight, lets go watch." lol.

As I posted on another site, I attended two NPC shows the last two weekends, and when MPD came out, the crowd went silent. I decided to ask around to women to see what they thought and no lie every single one of them either thought it was a joke, or "gay." Those are not my words, that is what they said.

As to the people who don't think it's a big deal to wait longer to get on stage as a bodybuilder, you've obviously have never done it, so wouldn't understand. Yeah, we've dieted for 3 months, but the day of the show we are 100% depleted. Maybe have drank a couple sips of water, if any, and prob have eaten a few rice cakes...so yeah 5 hours is a long time at that point...but like I said, if you've never actually had to really diet for anything your opinion is invalid.
    Your statement does not stand as 100% solid as per the example of the guys pic above. He clearly competed in bodybuilding first! He was bigger and more ripped as a bodybuilder obviously. But he only toned it down so much in size, a bit more in conditioning. And PHUCK it he's probably healthier and happier to boot.

I know a competitor in Michigan who just did the Ron Love Classic in Detroit, Timothy Staggs. Similar physique as the guy above. He looked pretty decent as a bodybuilder, not sure what he's won or how he did, but looked competitive. Well, this seasaon at the Ron Love he did MPD, a tad smaller, not much, very lean but not ultra ripped! He almost seemed too big for MPD still.

So don't hate the competitors. Talk shit about the organization and powers to be as much as you want. But bodybuilding is not going anywhere in the mens side of things regardless of individual marketability for modeling, film, commercial etc... As long as the BB MR O is the King Ding-a-Ling of the sport.

FBB went down hill because of many variables from lack of fan & sponsor support, less contestants at the local level (in comparison to MBB way less). So it was either FPD or total extinction. That will not happen to IFBB MBB in the near future nor probably ever! Mark that on your Myan Calandar.

Thanks for all the good feedback girls and guys!! Nothing like hearing everybody opinion.

www.teamcanefitness.com

Kevin is in Magazines! He was in Muscular Development just last year showing proper workout techniques...Also, if you go to MD.com right now you can see him in the background in a banner for Art Atwood's Professional Supplements...(i.e.) Jason Huh vids

RX MEMBER

to each his own.

PENCILNECK

I think it's funny all the people saying that women will buy tickets to the show just to see the new MPD. The only reason MPD will sell more tickets is because of the friends and family that are coming to watch. I guarantee there won't be girls sitting there on a Saturday night thinking "what should we do tonight...I know the new MPD is tonight, lets go watch." lol.

As I posted on another site, I attended two NPC shows the last two weekends, and when MPD came out, the crowd went silent. I decided to ask around to women to see what they thought and no lie every single one of them either thought it was a joke, or "gay." Those are not my words, that is what they said.

As to the people who don't think it's a big deal to wait longer to get on stage as a bodybuilder, you've obviously have never done it, so wouldn't understand. Yeah, we've dieted for 3 months, but the day of the show we are 100% depleted. Maybe have drank a couple sips of water, if any, and prob have eaten a few rice cakes...so yeah 5 hours is a long time at that point...but like I said, if you've never actually had to really diet for anything your opinion is invalid.
    I don't know what shows you went to but at the Muscle Contest and OC Muscle Classic the women went crazy for the MPD competitors. Also, I'd have to say that there are plenty of women who are not friends or family that came to these shows just to see MPD. How do I know this? Because a lot of the girls who follow me on Twitter, whom I've never met, showed up to watch and cheer. So can everyone act like adults and let it go? MPD is here to stay. It will be the largest, most marketable and highest paid category within the next couple years. And what do you think is going to happen when one of us lands a billboard for Calvin Klein in Times Square or a role in a big budget action movie...the NPC/IFBB is going to market that all over the world and people will be lining up to compete and fans will be coming to watch in hopes of seeing a future star.

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDuque View Post
    I've never used AAS (I'm natural -- and look like dogpoop, lol) (but I keep hearing how great being natural is so I tooted my own horn *honk *honk - no Homo)... this rant sounds very Valentino-inspired -- only I'm not typing in all caps! Ha! Gimme enough money and HRT and I'll be good to go... I walk around Lansing in a sleeveless in 40 degree weather b/c I know guys with low T are cold all the time, so I wanna look like I'm all man (problem is -- I'm secretly cold).

But anyways... the above paragraph has NOTHING to do with my post. So why did I post it-- I just got out of six hours class -- I'm on 3 caffeine drinks and had to hear from a prof how people should stay away from 5hr energy - how she saw a kid allegedly on it go into a pysch ward for 2wks and goes insane - literally. I think the kid was on Coke or Crystal Meth-- why is everyone so anti-caffeine as of late?

But anyways... the above paragraph isn't really related to my point below either.

Criticisms...

I love Bikini. Is it Female Bodybuilding? No. Does it require that level of sacrifice, knowledge, and/or graceful posing? No. But the women are gorgeous and sex appeal has always meant $$. Plus comp. fees fuel the sport, so hey, more $$ for the NPC/IFBB -- problem is WHAT'S THE CRITERIA? Please define that.

Men's Physique -- Back to Paragraph #1 -- here it ties in. I've never taken AAS but I love reading about cycles. I wonder what kind of cycles a MP guy would take? And I wonder about bread - get it ? wonder bread -- ok, anyways, I wonder how the Men's PHysiQue Guys compare to the WNBF, INBA, NGA Natural Pro bodybuilders.

What is the typical weight for Men's Physique comp?

A lot of questions here. Heck if I get any replies.

MPD competitors are ranging from the 160s to about 200 but weight isn't really a factor. It's how that weight looks on your particular frame. If you're too stocky (i.e. super capped delts, wide sweeping lats, 20 inch arms) they are going to judge you as too big for the category and mark you down for it. Feedback has been pretty consistent when I"ve seen bodybuilders enter to figure out what category they belong in. They have all been told to take off some size. As guys who like to workout, that's a tough bit of criticism to take since we all work so hard to get bigger but that what the category calls for so either get with the program or strive to do bodybuilding. I personally took off about 17 lbs to compete in this category. At my starting weight (185 lbs and 6% bodyfat) and height (5'10") I would never even have been competitive as a bodybuilder. But I saw the feedback from earlier shows and knew they would judge me as being too muscular so I put my ego aside and trained to take off the weight and came in at 168 lbs and 3% bodyfat (you can't get that lean without working your ass off btw) and took home an overall title. I agree with many posts I've seen, MPD competitors are coming in better conditioned than a lot of bodybuilders so far this year. That's no shot at bodybuilders. You should just recognize that every category (including bikini) has competitors that are as dedicated to training their asses off and eating clean for months if not years on end. I personally know bikini competitors that train harder than most guys I know. Maybe they can't push the same weight but their intensity far exceeds a lot of the men I see lifting in gyms.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345