Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RX MEMBER

don't weigh yourself while on var it will depress you if you're into #s. I just finished a 14 wk cycle (1 month 5mg ed / rest of cycle 10mg ed). As the weeks went by my weight increased 1-2lbs or it just stayed the same. But I was looking leaner & eating a comp prep diet. I stopped getting bothered by the scale # & focused on what I looked like

Do you notice more cuts in your arms, has your strenght increased? That's what you should focus on now. As others said the water weight will go away soon as you stop. After a week of stopping I lost 2lbs and the scale continues to go down as I diet

var is processed thru the kidneys...so water retention is seen in many..nothing to be alarmed about..its all part of the drug...bump your h2o a bit and dont worry about the scale...

My buddies wife was taking var, 2.5 mg per day. She got water retention and acne as well as her voice dropped within 2 weeks. As it turns out, even though they got it from a euro pharmacy.....it had 3 mg of methandrostenalone. (Dbol) in it.

If its UG lab you just never know. Look to see if anyone has had it tested and see what was in it. One of the samples my buddy had was tested by one of the steroid book writers and sure enough they got scammed.

L

Quote Originally Posted by lucian View Post
    My buddies wife was taking var, 2.5 mg per day. She got water retention and acne as well as her voice dropped within 2 weeks. As it turns out, even though they got it from a euro pharmacy.....it had 3 mg of methandrostenalone. (Dbol) in it.

If its UG lab you just never know. Look to see if anyone has had it tested and see what was in it. One of the samples my buddy had was tested by one of the steroid book writers and sure enough they got scammed.

L
    Damn... yea esp w/ var, if you start experiencing any sort of aggressive sides, you an almost assume it is faked. The only extreme sides that I've heard of people getting from var are sometimes headaches, nosebleeds and water retention. The first two seem to be umcommon but can happen for legitimate reasons based on the individual's sensitivity to it. Water retention, as mentioned, is not uncommon, but anything beyond that would make me first thing you've got a fake.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Hello all - just wanted to update everybody. I'm about to complete my first 10 week cycle of var and while I did experience the water retention in the beginning, it was for the first two weeks. The remainder of the time, I didn't experience it all but, maybe a day here and there. Beyond the water retention, I didn't experience any other extreme sides and am quite happy with the results. I ended up cylcling in Clen (two weeks on, two weeks off).

I've learned a lot though this cycle and will plan another in the future. How long should I wait before starting another cycle? Not to say I'll start another tomorrow, but am assuming I should wait for a while before starting up again.

Through all the advice and reading I've done here, I knew exactly what to expect and am thankful there are forums like this. Thank you all.

PENCILNECK

I'm just starting my first cylce ever. I started taking 2.5 mg of Anavar in the am and 2.5 in the pm. I thought I read that I should do this for the first two weeks before jumping to 5mg am and 5mg in the pm. Does this sound right? I'm worried as i have a tendency to hold water. At such a small dose, I was wondering how long until I started experienceing any strength increases??

Quote Originally Posted by amy11 View Post
    Hello all - just wanted to update everybody. I'm about to complete my first 10 week cycle of var and while I did experience the water retention in the beginning, it was for the first two weeks. The remainder of the time, I didn't experience it all but, maybe a day here and there. Beyond the water retention, I didn't experience any other extreme sides and am quite happy with the results. I ended up cylcling in Clen (two weeks on, two weeks off).

I've learned a lot though this cycle and will plan another in the future. How long should I wait before starting another cycle? Not to say I'll start another tomorrow, but am assuming I should wait for a while before starting up again.

Through all the advice and reading I've done here, I knew exactly what to expect and am thankful there are forums like this. Thank you all.
    General guidance is time on = time off. Anavar clears (read: detection time) in 3 weeks so it is a fairly conservative cycle. But it is good to let your body recover - the sides that people don't notice unless they go get bloodwork or see a doc are things like blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It is good to take 3-4 months off to let your body find homeostasis before running another.

When you decide to cycle it is important to think long term - Plan your cycle / cycle your plan. Account for time off between if you plan to , e.g. compete once/year or something like that. Don't just keep "trying stuff" because someone said "you should try this! it will cut you up!".

Read here for pretty much everything you should know about cycling:
    [ame="http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=54985"]Women's Chem Info Index - START HERE! - RX Muscle Forums[/ame]

Check out all 3 parts of the "World of Women & Drugs".
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by VIKKI View Post
    I'm just starting my first cylce ever. I started taking 2.5 mg of Anavar in the am and 2.5 in the pm. I thought I read that I should do this for the first two weeks before jumping to 5mg am and 5mg in the pm. Does this sound right? I'm worried as i have a tendency to hold water. At such a small dose, I was wondering how long until I started experienceing any strength increases??
    Yes that is correct. This is a "test phase" - var takes 10-14 days to "show" itself. In that time you should find if you have any adverse response to your cycle. it is not common that there are issues, but also unless you have pharmaceutical-grade stuff that you got via prescription (which is most likely not the case). you can't be absolutely sure what you are taking is anavar as well - so that short time should tell you if any issues.

Beyond that you can increase the dose if you want, but generally it is not necessary. More is usually not better w/ drugs.

You should start to notice increase in two dimensions -strength and recovery within that 2 weeks.
    ~Jack Lalanne

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Yes that is correct. This is a "test phase" - var takes 10-14 days to "show" itself. In that time you should find if you have any adverse response to your cycle. it is not common that there are issues, but also unless you have pharmaceutical-grade stuff that you got via prescription (which is most likely not the case). you can't be absolutely sure what you are taking is anavar as well - so that short time should tell you if any issues.

Beyond that you can increase the dose if you want, but generally it is not necessary. More is usually not better w/ drugs.

You should start to notice increase in two dimensions -strength and recovery within that 2 weeks.
    Thank you sooo much Sassy for your prompt reply! It really is nice to have you on the boards. I am new to posting but read alot and try to learn as much as I can from everyone on here

Quote Originally Posted by VIKKI View Post
    Thank you sooo much Sassy for your prompt reply! It really is nice to have you on the boards. I am new to posting but read alot and try to learn as much as I can from everyone on here
    Check out the Info Sticky on the top of the Fem Chem board - LOTs of info there!
    ~Jack Lalanne

PENCILNECK

Default Severe water retention...

Hey everyone...
    Some bloating or puffiness I can handle but this is ridiculous.
    At week 6 now (no real bloat up till now), and I'm doing 40min on the elliptical no probs. Then switched over to the manual treadmill that has a built-in incline and started a slow walk. After 5 min I had to get off I thought my calves were seriously going to explode. They got so pumped that I could barely move them. They almost hurt. I did do calves the day before but they weren't sore or anything. So that was weird.

Then, 2 days later I spent 8hrs shopping in New York with my orthopedic insoles in, and felt fine. Drove home in the car for 3 1/2 hrs still fine. Tried to walk up the stairs and felt like they were going to explode again, so I look at them, and my calves and ankles are quite swollen and very hard. I normally have "dainty" ankles... Took 1/2 hr with my legs up high (no joking here girls haha) to get the feeling to go away and the blood moving again, but still hard as a rock and swollen.

Would Var actually start doing this in week 6? Is it possible its not water retention and just an incredible pump that's taking a long time to go away? The more I think about it the more that's what it feels like. It's not my sodium intake... and not a side effect of NSAIDs I checked ... WTF ? I hope someone can help me figure this out! I wonder if I should drop the Var for a bit? I hope its not the EQ (week 7 for that) or the GH (2 mths). Please, some advice!

Just curious if its that time of the month? The bloat most people experience is overall water retention. Swollen ankles sounds kinda more menstrual.

You might consider reducing the dose to see if that matters. Otherwise try some dandelion root for a few days to dump a little water.
    Last edited by sassy69; 08-06-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

Default water retention

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Just curious if its that time of the month? The bloat most people experience is overall water retention. Swollen ankles sounds kinda more menstrual.

You might consider reducing the dose to see if that matters. Otherwise try some dandelion root for a few days to dump a little water.
    try a little nolva..

PENCILNECK

Thanks for the advice you two.

Nooo... I take the DepoProvera shot for the last 11yrs and haven't had a period since I don't have PMS symptoms at all in any way. I think it must be pumps from the Anavar. If you think of anything else let me know, otherwise... THANKS

Default depo

you could be holding water from the depo....

I woudl cut carbs back around that time and take a dandelion root like that other guy said..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast