Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
    Funny you should mention this. I just had this chat with my OB/GYN and she said that putting in the IUD doesn't hurt, you just cramp up while it is being inserted. She said it is 100% effective the second it gets inserted. She told me I could have sex in the parking lot! LOL!! She said I could go workout an hour later! She also said you have to have your period to get it put in. It makes it easier and ensures it gets inserted correctly. Your uterus is expanded during this time. It can stay in for up to 10 years, but can be taken out whenever. Doesn't matter if your in child bearing years or not, you can get one as long as you don't immediately want kids. Insurance covers it only a percentage (depends on your plan).

So I have to wait till aunt flow decides to make an appearance. I haven't seen her in SOO long I forget what she looks like. After my show I may need to take the metaprogesterone drug that makes you get a period! UGH!

My doc said 5 yrs, not 10. So definitely worth talking extensively to your doc. It depends on your doc as well whether or not their mindset is that they don't encourage it for young women w/ no kids / child-bearing years - so I guess that just gives you a range of what to expect, and whether or not you'll need to go out of your way to convince your OB/GYN that you want it vs, just accepting if they say its not an option because you're 'young, child-bearing years'.

Also I don't recall hearing anything about how it had to be inserted during your period. Again ,talk to your doc, and even get a second opinion if you want more info.
    Last edited by sassy69; 06-08-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dedication View Post
    Even though I'm a guy I still read all this and I learned a lot...don't know if I'll ever use these information in the future but still great read.

They have it for guys. My friend has found something that it was an injection and it would cause them to shoot blanks for a long time and then they had to go take the shot again BUT as a man that knows a lot of other men I would not trust them with BC. I mean they already cheat a lot and the baby thing is the only thing they are scared of. Imagine what would happen if they didn't had to worry about that anymore.
    Gotta admit, I lol'd when I read that.

SweetCapri

Quote Originally Posted by ChristyLaurenPoole View Post
    Ok, I think there was a thread on here and some girls had 'horror' stories, like the IUD tore through the wall of the uterus and stuff like that....
    I'm sitting here wondering if this was me. I had the copper one and it was the worst thing I could have ever done for my body. It was painful, periods were way heavier and at one point I developed a very high fever, had chills, shoulder pain, back ache and had to get myself to my doctor fairly quickly. They removed the damn thing and within 2 minutes I felt like I had a 100lbs lifted off my body.
    That was just my personal experience...it just didn't work for me and I think it was def. too big for my tiny body. I would have opted for the mirena but I'm sensitive to hormonal bc methods.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCapri View Post
    I'm sitting here wondering if this was me. I had the copper one and it was the worst thing I could have ever done for my body. It was painful, periods were way heavier and at one point I developed a very high fever, had chills, shoulder pain, back ache and had to get myself to my doctor fairly quickly. They removed the damn thing and within 2 minutes I felt like I had a 100lbs lifted off my body.
    That was just my personal experience...it just didn't work for me and I think it was def. too big for my tiny body. I would have opted for the mirena but I'm sensitive to hormonal bc methods.
    Damn that's scary! You never know what you're body is going to reject, which is why the idea of putting a foreign object in my uterine wall freaks me out.

RX MEMBER

I liked novedex a lot. Was very dissapointed when they got rid of it one of my favorite supplements ever! Why would it be used for birth control though?
    Last edited by TheABomb; 06-14-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by needtogetcrowns View Post
    I liked novedex a lot. Was very dissapointed when they got rid of it one of my favorite supplements ever! Why would it be used for birth control though?
    Are you talking about Gaspari Novadex or Nolvadex / Tamoxifen citrate? (Just to clarify for anyone reading) the first is an OTC aromatase inhibitor product, the second is a prescription compound, which is a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator) used in the treatment of breast cancer in post-menopausal women. They haven't gotten rid of Tamoxifen.
    Last edited by sassy69; 06-14-2011 at 09:38 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

MyOatmeal.com Rep Mr.Dedication's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needtogetcrowns View Post
    Your thinking about nova bud this is nolva.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Are you talking about Gaspari Novadex or Nolvadex / Tamoxifen citrate? the first is an OTC product, the second is a prescription compound used in the treatment of breast cancer in post-menopausal women. They haven't gotten rid of Tamoxifen.

Uh o, sorry that's confusing. Annoying that the names are so similar.

Its called easy marketing for all those supp companies.....duh

I'm back....with more questions!

So its been 7.5 weeks since I've been on 10mg of Nolvadex

I got my first period on schedule no issues....(which was only about 2 weeks after I started to take the Nolva)

But this time, my period has been HELL.

I have never in my life had cramping THIS BAD, to the point where its hard to eat. Yet, my cravings for food have been out of control. But When I sit down to eat, I'm so nauesated its hard.

Has anyone ever experienced this while on Nolva? Is this normal?

Normally my period is just like eh here and gone. But this one I'm having head aches, etc. . . . just curious

RX MEMBER

Its called easy marketing for all those supp companies.....duh

I think it is morally corrupt and they should not be getting away with it!!

I'm back....with more questions!

So its been 7.5 weeks since I've been on 10mg of Nolvadex

I got my first period on schedule no issues....(which was only about 2 weeks after I started to take the Nolva)

But this time, my period has been HELL.

I have never in my life had cramping THIS BAD, to the point where its hard to eat. Yet, my cravings for food have been out of control. But When I sit down to eat, I'm so nauesated its hard.

Has anyone ever experienced this while on Nolva? Is this normal?

Normally my period is just like eh here and gone. But this one I'm having head aches, etc. . . . just curious
    Hey girl! Just following up our conversation at the show today for anyone else reading this --- nolvadex can do goofy things when it is interacting w/ your menstrual cycle. Just like your OB/GYN will tell you it can take up to 3 months for your body to acclimate to the modification of estrogen levels as a result of a new birth control pill, Nolvadex may leave your system wondering wtf is going on - if you've been on it for 7 1/2 weeks - you're technically only completing your first complete menstrual cycle with this stuff in your system and it may still be wondering wtf. I've seen it either completely interrupt a cycle (the flow) or enhance all the usual effects (e.g. cramps, etc.) as it interacts w/ your normal cycle. For me usually the first day of a period is the worst and after that things settle down.

I'd suggest tapering off it - if you can't split the dose down to 5 mg/day, you can dose it every other day for a couple of days and then just drop it.
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Hey girl! Just following up our conversation at the show today for anyone else reading this --- nolvadex can do goofy things when it is interacting w/ your menstrual cycle. Just like your OB/GYN will tell you it can take up to 3 months for your body to acclimate to the modification of estrogen levels as a result of a new birth control pill, Nolvadex may leave your system wondering wtf is going on - if you've been on it for 7 1/2 weeks - you're technically only completing your first complete menstrual cycle with this stuff in your system and it may still be wondering wtf. I've seen it either completely interrupt a cycle (the flow) or enhance all the usual effects (e.g. cramps, etc.) as it interacts w/ your normal cycle. For me usually the first day of a period is the worst and after that things settle down.

I'd suggest tapering off it - if you can't split the dose down to 5 mg/day, you can dose it every other day for a couple of days and then just drop it.

Thanks Sass!!! I'm so happy I got to see you today! You look f'ing AMAZING and I can't wait to see you in WPD !! ! ! ! !

Yes, I am going to taper EOD and drop it. Won't be running it again for quite a while.

Thanks Sass!!! I'm so happy I got to see you today! You look f'ing AMAZING and I can't wait to see you in WPD !! ! ! ! !

Yes, I am going to taper EOD and drop it. Won't be running it again for quite a while.
    No reason to anyway. But I guess its a good illustration of the whole thing of manipulating hormones. If you look at how much the medical community (doesn't) understand about hormones, you have to assume that it is your own personal experiment every time you play w/ it and you need to be aware of the range of things that have a potential to happen - there's no guarantees - just a set of things we expect understanding the mechanices of these compounds, but mostly just a broad anecdotal collection of things that "typically happen", and then be responsible to "own" the results and know how to "dismount" from the cycle if you need to. Ain't nuttin for free, and hormones aren't like aspirin where you take it and get results right now, or don't take more and the effects stop right now.
    ~Jack Lalanne

GYM RAT

Yeh, I've been thinking about it on and off for a while now, but I'm just really nervous about the pain. I heard you need like 3 days off after and the pain of them inserting it is unreal, and then you bleed for like 3 months while your body figures out whats going on. But I guess thats better than a baby. . .
    There is very little to no pain at all with having an iud inserted. It literally takes minutes, and you are out of the office.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast