View Poll Results: men, would you watch the new physique division?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 30.28%
  • Hell No!

76 69.72%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AVBG View Post
    If it's done right I see the positives outweighing the negatives. Look what figure and bikini has done for the NPC? Thanks to figure and now bikini the npc is getting record numbers in it's participation. As it is now, bodybuilding competition in it's purest form is at best a minor fringe subculture and you may like it to remain that way but that ain't what currently paying the bills in the npc- figure/bikini is.
    Participation. Has anybody seen a return in MONEY or "MAINSTREAM" since this started? Can you actually show me numbers? I'm not being mean or sarcastic I'm really serious. That's what this seems to be all about, so where's the proof that these new orgs are bringing in more money? Or, rather, more money that benefits the athletes?

And I personally believe it's the advertisements for supp companies that rakes in the dough. I've heard promoters say that they barely broke even after a show. These supplement companies bring in MILLIONS, probably BILLIONS of dollars. Just think about MuscleTech, how much their stuff costs, and how popular they are. Flip through men's health magazines and look at the ads. Look who is advertising the latest and greatest in supplementation. Looks to me like bodybuilding is paying more than its fair share of bills.

Quote Originally Posted by AVBG View Post
    ^ Calm down Jr. Do you think it will mean the end of bodybuilding? You need to move with the times, the rest of the world has adopted something similar ie scaled down physique divisions and it has increased competition/participation/patronism so is that such a bad thing?
    of course it's a bad thing!!! it's the pussification of the world....oh you're not good enough to be a bodybuilder? oh well here, lets make this new division where you can belong to so that you don't feel left out....fuck that, I've seen the bullshit in other areas, but did I ever think it would get this PATHETIC in the arena i love? hell no....i think the culling needs to begin, back to survival of the fittest, I can only pray to Odin that something along those lines is brought to pass in 2012....because some people just, need to not be alive anymore

Wish you would've made "hell no" something like "absolutely no fucking way in hell. i'd rather get butt fucked by a 12 testicled bulldozer." But either way, I'm not fucking watching or support that bullshit.

I would just take a break for a bit while its on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Participation. Has anybody seen a return in MONEY or "MAINSTREAM" since this started? Can you actually show me numbers? I'm not being mean or sarcastic I'm really serious. That's what this seems to be all about, so where's the proof that these new orgs are bringing in more money? Or, rather, more money that benefits the athletes?

And I personally believe it's the advertisements for supp companies that rakes in the dough. I've heard promoters say that they barely broke even after a show. These supplement companies bring in MILLIONS, probably BILLIONS of dollars. Just think about MuscleTech, how much their stuff costs, and how popular they are. Flip through men's health magazines and look at the ads. Look who is advertising the latest and greatest in supplementation. Looks to me like bodybuilding is paying more than its fair share of bills.
    Whether YOU will watch it or not is of absolutely no consequence to a promoter. He's got x-number of guys who are going to pay to enter the show, and each of those guys is going to bring y-number of friends and family to watch him compete.

Beyond that, there will also be more people benefiting from getting these guys to pay for supplements and 'coaching'. Some 'coaches' will be established already in that field, while others will be current competitors in the higher divisions. Look at the number of bodybuilders coaching figure chicks now. Hell, there are even figure girls 'coaching' bikini chicks.

You can focus on the 'millions' being made by supplement companies, but don't ignore the money being made by smaller fish, because those few hundred or so dollars extra each month mean a lot to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre View Post
    Whether YOU will watch it or not is of absolutely no consequence to a promoter. He's got x-number of guys who are going to pay to enter the show, and each of those guys is going to bring y-number of friends and family to watch him compete.

Beyond that, there will also be more people benefiting from getting these guys to pay for supplements and 'coaching'. Some 'coaches' will be established already in that field, while others will be current competitors in the higher divisions. Look at the number of bodybuilders coaching figure chicks now. Hell, there are even figure girls 'coaching' bikini chicks.

You can focus on the 'millions' being made by supplement companies, but don't ignore the money being made by smaller fish, because those few hundred or so dollars extra each month mean a lot to them.
    Again, I'm talking about the ATHLETES. Not these new ones necessarily, but the ones that already exist. It's nice these "smaller fish" get more money, but like I asked before, how the hell does that benefit the athletes? Do you think just because X promoter is making more money they are going to put it in a better venue? If that were the case, the Olympia would travel the world again, or at least to better venues in the US. The one in Vegas absolutely CANNOT be the best the US has to offer.

Banned

The shorts in this video are just right. And it's not a bad contest. Traditional board shorts are not good at all for those of us that train legs hard.

Again, I'm talking about the ATHLETES. Not these new ones necessarily, but the ones that already exist. It's nice these "smaller fish" get more money, but like I asked before, how the hell does that benefit the athletes? Do you think just because X promoter is making more money they are going to put it in a better venue? If that were the case, the Olympia would travel the world again, or at least to better venues in the US. The one in Vegas absolutely CANNOT be the best the US has to offer.
    When promoters make money, they're more likely to continue putting on shows for the athletes to enter.

More lower-tiered (bikini, figure, physique) competitors means more income opportunities for the bodybuilders and suit makers, etc.

Exactly what benefit is it that you're seeking? What is it that you think you're entitled to that you're not getting?

The question was, would you WATCH it? It wasnt about promoters, money or any of that. My answer is hell no.. I dont really like looking at guys.
    I am a bodybuilder because I like being big and strong. Watching- the less human it looks the more I like it, if its just some "fit" guy I would say good for him, just dont care to watch him stand there in board shorts and do modeling quarter turns. Now a 20" arm popping off the bone is interesting to see. Or quads that look like they on an alien..

i support this not everyone wants to see kai greene jay cutler and all thouse big dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Tre View Post
    When promoters make money, they're more likely to continue putting on shows for the athletes to enter.

More lower-tiered (bikini, figure, physique) competitors means more income opportunities for the bodybuilders and suit makers, etc.

Exactly what benefit is it that you're seeking? What is it that you think you're entitled to that you're not getting?
    I'm thinking more large scale than you are. And that's an ok thing. If you don't see it I'm not going to get into it. I don't feel like typing a novel tonight, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDutyGuy View Post
    The question was, would you WATCH it? It wasnt about promoters, money or any of that. My answer is hell no.. I dont really like looking at guys.
    I am a bodybuilder because I like being big and strong. Watching- the less human it looks the more I like it, if its just some "fit" guy I would say good for him, just dont care to watch him stand there in board shorts and do modeling quarter turns. Now a 20" arm popping off the bone is interesting to see. Or quads that look like they on an alien..
    What if it was your little brother in his first competition and he was super stoked - would you watch it then? Say his class had 93 competitors and his last name was ZZyander.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Was checking the threads that Shadow created.

I will watch the new division but believe board shorts are idiotic. Lee Thompson stated on a recent radio show that this is going to be a chest and arms show period. And pretty boys will be rewarded. lulz It's going to be the Abercrombie & Fitch Division.

I will as much as I watch any of the others which is to say... None.

However. I saw a couple of those guys today.

Chicks and gay men are going to love this division.

Women were eating those dudes up today at the expo.

Yup. It's basically an outlet for guys who can't build legs or back - the two hardest parts to build and build big. They can have some pretty abs, nice pecs and some decent arms and win out.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast