Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 90 of 369
  1. #46
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayezer View Post
    last quad pic Kevin looked great at 191.
    Thanks Adam. I should be looking at Middleweights this year but I'm just going to keep going and see where I end up. I might be 170 pounds a day out then it's decision time for George Farah and me on whether to drop to welters again.

    Kev

  2. #47
    GYM RAT mkris7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Power
    17727

    Default

    Yes, I agree you look great. Your going to be see through at 170! Dem going to be offering a job to model for an Anatomy and Physiology class!

  3. #48
    RX MEMBER masterschamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SoFlo
    Posts
    1,549
    Rep Power
    38898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    Sunday. Back, Triceps, Abs Cardio later 2night.

    Decided to train at home 100% from here on in. I train with much more focus, intensity and determination in my home gym and I have everything I need to train all bodyparts even legs. I train much better old school with my stereo cranked up as loud as it will go and I can yell as loud as I want. I tend to get irritated with other people in the gym that hog machines and I don't like to wait or drive to the gym. This may seem unorthodox to do this at home by wife and her training partner (she's #2 ranked triathlete in the country and also pumps serious iron) are here most of the time to spot me when I need it.

    Weight 190 this morning. Going to bump cals up a little the cardio has caused me to drop a little weight a little too early on.

    Kevin
    Kevin....I won the Southern States training exclusively at home. No driving, no morons, no distractions. If you have everything you need, it makes sense to me. I know some folks think you HAVE to train in a gym for the motivation factor......I feel like if you need a commmercial gym atmosphere to be motivated your head is not in the right place anyway.

    Keith

  4. #49
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkris7 View Post
    Yes, I agree you look great. Your going to be see through at 170! Dem going to be offering a job to model for an Anatomy and Physiology class!
    Skinless is how I want to look Michael!!! Thanks Bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by masterschamp View Post
    Kevin....I won the Southern States training exclusively at home. No driving, no morons, no distractions. If you have everything you need, it makes sense to me. I know some folks think you HAVE to train in a gym for the motivation factor......I feel like if you need a commmercial gym atmosphere to be motivated your head is not in the right place anyway.

    Keith
    Yes isn't it great when you can focus 100% and control the enviromnent and get 2 a days in if you want? I trained 100% at home prepping for the Masters last year and loved it. Except I acquriing my equipment last year as my prep went along so I really didn't have everything I needed until like 3 weeks out so I was unable to train legs properly. Now I have all the tools I need!!! I made a cd last night of older 70s and 80s rock and blasted it last night. The neighbors think I'm a lunatic but my 10 year old son loves AC DC now..
    Last edited by KevinCouch; 07-11-2011 at 10:01 AM.

  5. #50
    RX MEMBER masterschamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SoFlo
    Posts
    1,549
    Rep Power
    38898

    Default

    AC/DC.!!!!!!! "Back in Black" is my ringtone on my cellphone....I love when it goes off in a faculty meeting!


    Keith

  6. #51
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Trained at Home.
    Monday, July 11th. Bodyweight down. Metabolism is really speeding up since I've added cardio and begun to eat cleaner. Will make adjustments to stabilize weight for then next 8 weeks.

    Quads Today

    Leg Extensions: 5x15-20 200-150lbs
    Uni-Leg Press: 5x15-20 (went straight from one leg to the other with no rest until all 5 sets of each leg was done) 6 plates per leg
    BB Front Squats: 5x15-20 225-205lbs
    BB Rear Squats: 3x15-20 315-275lbs
    One legged leg extensions doubled back: 3x15-20 70lbs each leg

    Blew up quads today. Used a moderately heavy weight but it felt like super heavy weight with the way I trained them.

    Now somehow I'm gonna have to do cardio 2night. That should be interesting.
    Last edited by KevinCouch; 07-11-2011 at 12:13 PM.

  7. #52
    Forum Leader Hammerfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,026
    Rep Power
    125785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    Trained at Home.
    Monday, July 11th. Bodyweight down. Metabolism is really speeding up since I've added cardio and begun to eat cleaner. Will make adjustments to stabilize weight for then next 8 weeks.

    Quads Today

    Leg Extensions: 5x15-20 200-150lbs
    Uni-Leg Press: 5x15-20 (went straight from one leg to the other with no rest until all 5 sets of each leg was done) 6 plates per leg
    BB Front Squats: 5x15-20 225-205lbs
    BB Rear Squats: 3x15-20 315-275lbs
    One legged leg extensions doubled back: 3x15-20 70lbs each leg

    Blew up quads today. Used a moderately heavy weight but it felt like super heavy weight with the way I trained them.

    Now somehow I'm gonna have to do cardio 2night. That should be interesting.
    You're going to do cardio after a leg day like that? Wow~that's crazy, I cant usually walk after an intense session, good luck with that!

  8. #53
    Administrator Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Akron Ohio
    Posts
    5,044
    Rep Power
    1810139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfit View Post
    You're going to do cardio after a leg day like that? Wow~that's crazy, I cant usually walk after an intense session, good luck with that!
    That was my first thought. Kevin, slow down, you're burning away valuable muscle.

  9. #54
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    No cardio tonight!!! It would have been counterproductive......you're right!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #55
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Recently I've had a few comments about my wheels NOT being big enough to hang with the middleweights on the nationals stage.

    This pic was taken 18 1/2 weeks out. Just standing there a little teardrop flex and that's all. I think I'll my wheels will be just fine.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #56
    GYM RAT mkris7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Power
    17727

    Default

    18 weeks out and they look like that? WOW, I wouldn't worry about it. You know what your doing and how to dial in. How are your legs from the side (hamstrings). From my observations as a spectator for the last several years, the position/pose with your legs from the side is the money shots. If your hams look anything like your quads, the boys at the middle weights are going to be the ones to have to watch out!

  12. #57
    GYM RAT Tim Wescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canton N.Y.
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    819

    Default

    Legs look damn good!!

    Insane leg training..............stay focused!

  13. #58
    RX MEMBER BigJD69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, N.Y.
    Posts
    6,192
    Rep Power
    202128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    Trained at Home.
    Monday, July 11th. Bodyweight down. Metabolism is really speeding up since I've added cardio and begun to eat cleaner. Will make adjustments to stabilize weight for then next 8 weeks.

    Quads Today

    Leg Extensions: 5x15-20 200-150lbs
    Uni-Leg Press: 5x15-20 (went straight from one leg to the other with no rest until all 5 sets of each leg was done) 6 plates per leg
    BB Front Squats: 5x15-20 225-205lbs
    BB Rear Squats: 3x15-20 315-275lbs
    One legged leg extensions doubled back: 3x15-20 70lbs each leg

    Blew up quads today. Used a moderately heavy weight but it felt like super heavy weight with the way I trained them.

    Now somehow I'm gonna have to do cardio 2night. That should be interesting.
    Kevin after a leg workout I get on the bike for maybe 20 min. to flush the legs out.

  14. #59
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkris7 View Post
    18 weeks out and they look like that? WOW, I wouldn't worry about it. You know what your doing and how to dial in. How are your legs from the side (hamstrings). From my observations as a spectator for the last several years, the position/pose with your legs from the side is the money shots. If your hams look anything like your quads, the boys at the middle weights are going to be the ones to have to watch out!
    Side Leg Shot looks good in the mirror to me. I don't have huge hams but they are round and my glutes are really developed plus my legs are shorter so they appear thicker probably than they actually are from the side. Not completely separated yet from quads/hams/glute tie ins it's going to take a while for that to happen.

    Thanks Michael I'll keep at it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wescott View Post
    Legs look damn good!!

    Insane leg training..............stay focused!
    Thanks Tim!! I'm still sore from that leg day

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJD69 View Post
    Kevin after a leg workout I get on the bike for maybe 20 min. to flush the legs out.
    Man, I couldn't even do that. My quads around the knee were so pumped up. I did do a little stretching a little while later but I'm still sore it's a great feeling!

  15. #60
    FREAK freebirdmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,158
    Rep Power
    39196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    Recently I've had a few comments about my wheels NOT being big enough to hang with the middleweights on the nationals stage.

    This pic was taken 18 1/2 weeks out. Just standing there a little teardrop flex and that's all. I think I'll my wheels will be just fine.....
    Do the guys making those comments have legs your size? I bet not.

  16. #61
    Administrator Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Akron Ohio
    Posts
    5,044
    Rep Power
    1810139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Do the guys making those comments have legs your size? I bet not.
    Keyboard warriors.

    or delusional people like this guy.

    [ame="http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=57390"] The unwanted competitor[/ame]

  17. #62
    Forum Leader Hammerfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,026
    Rep Power
    125785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    Recently I've had a few comments about my wheels NOT being big enough to hang with the middleweights on the nationals stage.

    This pic was taken 18 1/2 weeks out. Just standing there a little teardrop flex and that's all. I think I'll my wheels will be just fine.....
    Whoever said that doesnt have a clue and Im sure you are not listening to that garbage anyway! Keep doing what you do and you will be fine

  18. #63
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Do the guys making those comments have legs your size? I bet not.
    Don't know Pam. They haven't come forward and shown any pics of theirselves just pics of me last year as a welterweight posted next to the two top middleweights at Nats. Stoli Stoliv being one of them the guy whom I also stood next to at Masters Overall (he was middlweight winner, I was welter) I already knew that last year Stoli had a ton of muscle on me and I've posted his pics several times before in my older thread I had to show what I was up against this year. Then I posted a pic of my legs this year and the guy got all bent out of shape and stated that the "contest prep" thread was only for guys who praise Kevin and kiss his ass....what??

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    Keyboard warriors.

    or delusional people like this guy.

    The unwanted competitor
    This kinda negative feedback just adds fuel to my fire Steve! That's why I've posted a couple pics of my legs this past week. I know I still have to work on my chest and back thickness to go to Nats in Nov and really make some noise...Seriously at 45 I'm grateful that I can still do this and compete with these guys but I also am representing all of us here on this Masters Forum to show what muscle maturity is all about!

  19. #64
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfit View Post
    Whoever said that doesnt have a clue and Im sure you are not listening to that garbage anyway! Keep doing what you do and you will be fine
    The pics posted were actually true last year's Master Nats of me at 164 posted next to a couple of monster middleweights at Nats last year at 176. It was just the way they were misrepresenting. My legs HAVE come up this year and that's all I wanted to show this guy, whoever he is????


    Thanks Mike! Are you ready for Pittsburgh????

  20. #65
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    14578

    Default

    Great to see all this, Kevin. Always believed in mirror over the scale. As long as you hit the stage at your best, that is the main thing. And looks like you will.

    Leaving for Pittsburgh next week, should be fun. Will be an amazing event.

  21. #66
    RX MEMBER masterschamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SoFlo
    Posts
    1,549
    Rep Power
    38898

    Default

    Kevin,
    Whoever posted that about your legs is a freakin #$@%!....... probably weighs a buck twenty five soaking wet. Your legs look great,bro. Use it for motivation..........you have a complete body...not missing anything...most other competitors cannot say that. Nail your conditioning and let's hear what they have to say when you wallk away with the hardware!


    Keith

  22. #67
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GerryT View Post
    Great to see all this, Kevin. Always believed in mirror over the scale. As long as you hit the stage at your best, that is the main thing. And looks like you will.

    Leaving for Pittsburgh next week, should be fun. Will be an amazing event.
    Thanks Gerry!

    Quote Originally Posted by masterschamp View Post
    Kevin,
    Whoever posted that about your legs is a freakin #$@%!....... probably weighs a buck twenty five soaking wet. Your legs look great,bro. Use it for motivation..........you have a complete body...not missing anything...most other competitors cannot say that. Nail your conditioning and let's hear what they have to say when you wallk away with the hardware!


    Keith
    Thanks Keith..You're probably right about this dude. I don't have any stand out bodyparts but I am hoping that I will display the complete package on stage but you're right I need to nail my conditioning and that's what I'm planning on doing....
    Kev

  23. #68
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Chest and Biceps Today. Haven't weighed myself in a couple of days. Going to try and NOT step on scale more than twice per week. It plays head games with you when you drop a few pounds.

    Chest
    Flat Flyes: 4x12-15 75s
    High Incline Flyes: 4x12-15 65s (Really concentrating on upper pecs
    High Incline Presses: 4x10-12 100s (very difficult, I'm not used to doing such a high incline but it felt really good)
    Flat DB Presses: 4x10-12 100s (Felt like 120s at least doing these last)

    Standing cable curls: 3x12-15 100
    DB Seated Curls: 3x12-15 45s
    Hammer Curls: 3x12-15 45s
    Concentration Curls: 2x15ish 40s

    Doing about 25 minutes of low intensity cardio 2night.

  24. #69
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Back, Triceps, Calves

    Back
    Bentover reverse rows (curl bar) 4x12-15 200, 210, 220, 230
    DB Rows: 4x12-15 130s
    Hoist Machine Rows: 4x12-15 250
    Wide Grip Pullups: 5x20 to 10 final set.
    Dickersons Pullovers: 3x12-15 100

    Triceps
    DB Skullcrushers: 3x12-15 110 very strict form elbows in.
    Rope Tricep extensions: 3x12-15 100
    Pushdowns supersetted with Dips: 3x12-15 each

    Calves
    9 Sets Total, Standing DB toe raises, Leg press calf raises, Seated Calf raises.

    FELT GREAT.

  25. #70
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Here's a rear lat spread at 18 weeks out of Nats weighing 191. I'm already seeing some vascularity in my back at this bodyweight.
    This is a good sign I didn't see this type of vascularity in my back until I was around 180 last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KevinCouch; 07-14-2011 at 09:41 PM.

  26. #71
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    I don't know if you've noticed but you haven't seen any full body shots of me at all on this thread. It's intentional.

    I am now working with George Farah and he told me he has no problem with me having a training journal here and even talking about diet and macros.

    But what he does'nt want to see it me posting full body mandatory shots of my progress pics. These are for only he to see. Nothing wrong with showing one on your bodyparts that you feel like you want to display but don't allow yourself set yourself up for negativity by posting a whole body shot. He said you know guys are going to try and bring you down by pointed out what they think your weak points are.

    I'm staying away from ALL negativity from here on in and I'm 100% Focoused. I Will post a shot of a bodypart as sort of a tease when other competitors want to visit this thread so they'll see what their up against. But I'm not going to show them all I have. Just wanted all to know what been going in my camp.....

  27. #72
    FREAK freebirdmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,158
    Rep Power
    39196

    Default

    Haters? Here? No way

  28. #73
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    23042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed but you haven't seen any full body shots of me at all on this thread. It's intentional.

    I am now working with George Farah and he told me he has no problem with me having a training journal here and even talking about diet and macros.
    so could you post your current diet? I'm sure none would get the same results as you got from it if someone decides to use it, because of so many variables (different metabolism, age, training volume/intensity, lifestyle, respond to certain nutrients etc etc...) But it would be interesting to see.

    You're in very good shape,this far out! Separated legs, veins in the back etc...How do you feel wouldn't you grew better/added more muscle mass this past offseason if you would had upped your cals a little bit more, gain some more fat but new muscle too?

  29. #74
    GYM RAT mkris7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Power
    17727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed but you haven't seen any full body shots of me at all on this thread. It's intentional.

    I am now working with George Farah and he told me he has no problem with me having a training journal here and even talking about diet and macros.

    But what he does'nt want to see it me posting full body mandatory shots of my progress pics. These are for only he to see. Nothing wrong with showing one on your bodyparts that you feel like you want to display but don't allow yourself set yourself up for negativity by posting a whole body shot. He said you know guys are going to try and bring you down by pointed out what they think your weak points are.

    I'm staying away from ALL negativity from here on in and I'm 100% Focoused. I Will post a shot of a bodypart as sort of a tease when other competitors want to visit this thread so they'll see what their up against. But I'm not going to show them all I have. Just wanted all to know what been going in my camp.....
    Kevin I agree with you 100%. I think we have a good group here but there is always the chance of someone being critical rather then encouraging. George is right, keep yourself shielded from any negativity. You know what your doing, George knows what he is doing-PRESTO! You got a good combination going..And we are here behind you! Can't wait to see the post contest photos!

    I am interested in the diet your doing. George was talking about how he had Greene doing much more carbs and less cardio than he had done in the past. It is refreshing to hear someone not talking about zero carb diets for a change! LOL
    Last edited by mkris7; 07-15-2011 at 02:17 AM.

  30. #75
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    so could you post your current diet? I'm sure none would get the same results as you got from it if someone decides to use it, because of so many variables (different metabolism, age, training volume/intensity, lifestyle, respond to certain nutrients etc etc...) But it would be interesting to see.

    You're in very good shape,this far out! Separated legs, veins in the back etc...How do you feel wouldn't you grew better/added more muscle mass this past offseason if you would had upped your cals a little bit more, gain some more fat but new muscle too?
    My diet as this point is very simple.

    Oatmeal, 8 egg whites/2 yokes
    2 cups white rice/50 grams chicken
    2 cups white rice/50 grams chicken
    PWO shake 50 grams whey protein powder in 16oz gatoraid
    8 oz lean red meat with large baked potatoe and some greens
    8 egg whites/2 yokes/walnuts maybe 20-30 grams of carb like a piece of wheat toast

    I'll eat a cheat meal about 1 day per week right now. I could certainly modify this diet by changing the food sources around a little as long as the macros stay about the same. As I get closer to contest I'll switch over to more fish and less chicken and I won't really start pulling carbs back for another 8 weeks or so.

    For me, bigger isn't always better regarding bumping calories up. Yes, I would like to add muscle in the offseason but at my age and at this point in my life I'm looking for 100% quality gains. Unfortunately, nowadays BB has IMO taken a wrong turn with the size game and has ruined a lot of quality physiques. I'll never be a huge mass monster and I'll work within my limits to develop a better physique. I don't feel comfortable at my height and bone structure when I get over 200 pounds my lower back and knees begin to ache more. Thanks for your input Daniel!
    Kevin

  31. #76
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkris7 View Post
    Kevin I agree with you 100%. I think we have a good group here but there is always the chance of someone being critical rather then encouraging. George is right, keep yourself shielded from any negativity. You know what your doing, George knows what he is doing-PRESTO! You got a good combination going..And we are here behind you! Can't wait to see the post contest photos!

    I am interested in the diet your doing. George was talking about how he had Greene doing much more carbs and less cardio than he had done in the past. It is refreshing to hear someone not talking about zero carb diets for a change! LOL
    Michael, thanks brother! I posted my current diet above. It's really really simple but it's effective for me. I didn't let myself get out of shape this year so this diet really isn't caloric deficient yet. I did start cardio a few weeks ago mainly for overall health reasons and I'm doing about 25 minutes 4 days per week and I probably won't increase that at all. If anything I'll have to drop it all together the last several weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing your on stage pics too!!!
    Kev

  32. #77
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    23042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    My diet as this point is very simple.

    Oatmeal, 8 egg whites/2 yokes
    2 cups white rice/50 grams chicken
    2 cups white rice/50 grams chicken
    PWO shake 50 grams whey protein powder in 16oz gatoraid
    8 oz lean red meat with large baked potatoe and some greens
    8 egg whites/2 yokes/walnuts maybe 20-30 grams of carb like a piece of wheat toast

    I'll eat a cheat meal about 1 day per week right now. I could certainly modify this diet by changing the food sources around a little as long as the macros stay about the same. As I get closer to contest I'll switch over to more fish and less chicken and I won't really start pulling carbs back for another 8 weeks or so.

    For me, bigger isn't always better regarding bumping calories up. Yes, I would like to add muscle in the offseason but at my age and at this point in my life I'm looking for 100% quality gains. Unfortunately, nowadays BB has IMO taken a wrong turn with the size game and has ruined a lot of quality physiques. I'll never be a huge mass monster and I'll work within my limits to develop a better physique. I don't feel comfortable at my height and bone structure when I get over 200 pounds my lower back and knees begin to ache more. Thanks for your input Daniel!
    Kevin
    I agree with you, Kevin, it's not how much are you weighting it's how you look onstage and you look great! I wish I could look 1/2 of you when I'll be your age...You have that oldschool physique - great symmetry, nice lines with great condition these are very rare these days...keep up what are you doing, Kevin, I'll definitely will be checking your journal constantly.
    By the way - meal 2 and 3 has only 50 grams of chicken each? That's only 11-12g protein per meal? Are you measuring your oats in the morning, how much carbs are you getting from it?

  33. #78
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I agree with you, Kevin, it's not how much are you weighting it's how you look onstage and you look great! I wish I could look 1/2 of you when I'll be your age...You have that oldschool physique - great symmetry, nice lines with great condition these are very rare these days...keep up what are you doing, Kevin, I'll definitely will be checking your journal constantly.
    By the way - meal 2 and 3 has only 50 grams of chicken each? That's only 11-12g protein per meal? Are you measuring your oats in the morning, how much carbs are you getting from it?
    Thanks Daniel! Sorry 50 grams of protein each from my chicken about 8oz. Overall I take in around 260-280 grams of protein per day. I don't measure oats anymore I've been doing so long I pretty much know how much I'm pouring its 1/2 cup.

  34. #79
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    23042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    Thanks Daniel! Sorry 50 grams of protein each from my chicken about 8oz. Overall I take in around 260-280 grams of protein per day. I don't measure oats anymore I've been doing so long I pretty much know how much I'm pouring its 1/2 cup.
    Thanks, Kevin. Seems that you are not very hungry in the morning (that's 25g of carbs from oats if I'm not mistaken). My first meal is the biggest carb meal, I'm starving in the morning haha

  35. #80
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Thanks, Kevin. Seems that you are not very hungry in the morning (that's 25g of carbs from oats if I'm not mistaken). My first meal is the biggest carb meal, I'm starving in the morning haha
    That's right I do sprinkle a little pineapple on them for quick energy too and it helps with the taste and dryness. I used to eat a lot more oats but the last few months they tear my stomach up and don't stick with me long. I don't eat breakfast until right before I walk out to go to work at 8:30 I eat my 2nd meal with 2 cups of rice and chicken at about 9:45 I'm ok with just a little carbs with breakfast. Now when I begin to drop cals and carbs down I will be starving in the morning and I'll need to add the carbs to the first meal when I take them away from the last couple in the evening.

  36. #81
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Saturday, July 16, 2011. Weighed today 193. Up a couple of pounds. I've bumped up the cals the past couple of days so I can hold weight around here for a few weeks.

    Quads at Home
    Leg Extensions: 5x20-15
    BB Squats: 5x20-15 315 for 4 of the sets and had to drop to 275 for last set today.
    Uni-lateral Leg Press: 5x15-20 300lb each leg (hoist machine at home)
    Front Squat: 5x15-20 225 down to 185.
    Doubled back to One Legged Extensions: 3x15-25 reps

    23 Sets for Quads Total
    Moved on to 10 minutes of ab work. 2night will try and do calves I should be ok but if my legs are cramping up because of quad work today I'll just do them tomorrow.
    This blew up my legs again with the finishing touches being the one leg extensions for the tear drops. I'm right where I need to be at 17 weeks out.
    Last edited by KevinCouch; 07-16-2011 at 10:58 AM.

  37. #82
    RX MEMBER masterschamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SoFlo
    Posts
    1,549
    Rep Power
    38898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    Saturday, July 16, 2011. Weighed today 193. Up a couple of pounds. I've bumped up the cals the past couple of days so I can hold weight around here for a few weeks.

    Quads at Home
    Leg Extensions: 5x20-15
    BB Squats: 5x20-15 315 for 4 of the sets and had to drop to 275 for last set today.
    Uni-lateral Leg Press: 5x15-20 300lb each leg (hoist machine at home)
    Front Squat: 5x15-20 225 down to 185.
    Doubled back to One Legged Extensions: 3x15-25 reps

    23 Sets for Quads Total
    Moved on to 10 minutes of ab work. 2night will try and do calves I should be ok but if my legs are cramping up because of quad work today I'll just do them tomorrow.
    This blew up my legs again with the finishing touches being the one leg extensions for the tear drops. I'm right where I need to be at 17 weeks out.

    Great job, Kevin...........you got a world of time and if you are right on target a this stage you should be phenomenal come show time. I will be at the show...can't wait to see you up there kicking some ass!


    Keith

  38. #83
    GYM RAT mkris7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Power
    17727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterschamp View Post
    Great job, Kevin...........you got a world of time and if you are right on target a this stage you should be phenomenal come show time. I will be at the show...can't wait to see you up there kicking some ass!


    Keith
    I agree 100%

  39. #84
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterschamp View Post
    Great job, Kevin...........you got a world of time and if you are right on target a this stage you should be phenomenal come show time. I will be at the show...can't wait to see you up there kicking some ass!


    Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by mkris7 View Post
    I agree 100%
    Thanks Guys!!!

  40. #85
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    OK. Come to my first major adjustment to my prep. After Geroge saw last group of pics including the rear lat spread above he changed my diet to eating another 100 grams of carbs per day and continue to do cardio 3 to 4 days per week 25-30 minutes. The reason for the change is both of us fellt that I was getting too lean too quickly and I was not holding the size that I worked so hard in the offseason to put on. Especially in my traps and lower lats.

    My legs are spot on where they should be at this point with plenty of size. Arms are good to go. It's my back and chest thickness that needs to fill back in. Over the next few weeks I will probably gain 5 to 6 pounds closing back in on 200 while staying under 7% bodyfat and see where we were at 12 weeks out. I'm happy about this change because I'll be able to add that size back in pretty rapidly with "supp" this time round and stay lean.

    Gotta love growing into the show. Once I hit the 12 week mark I should be a solid 198 pound very lean and vascular with no missing bodyparts. Then it will be time to begin dropping down to ridiculous levels of conditioning which is where I will need to be on stage at Nationals if I plan to make some noise....and I do. Believe me, I'm not going there for 2nd place guys.

    No one else is either this is going to be a dogfight til the end and I intend on being right in the middle of it!!!!!

  41. #86
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    OK. Come to my first major adjustment to my prep.
    After Geroge saw last group of pics including the rear lat spread above he changed my diet to eating another 100 grams of carbs per day and continue to do cardio 3 to 4 days per week 25-30 minutes.
    The reason for the change is both of us fellt that I was getting too lean too quickly and I was not holding the size that I worked so hard in the offseason to put on. Especially in my traps and lower lats.

    My legs are spot on where they should be at this point with plenty of size. Arms are good to go. It's my back and chest thickness that needs to fill back in. Over the next few weeks I will probably gain 5 to 6 pounds closing back in on 200 while staying under 7% bodyfat and see where we were at 12 weeks out. I'm happy about this change because I'll be able to add that size back in pretty rapidly with "supp" this time round and stay lean.

    Gotta love growing into the show. Once I hit the 12 week mark I should be a solid 198 pound very lean and vascular with no missing bodyparts. Then it will be time to begin dropping down to ridiculous levels of conditioning which is where I will need to be on stage at Nationals if I plan to make some noise....and I do. Believe me, I'm not going there for 2nd place guys.

    No one else is either this is going to be a dogfight til the end and I intend on being right in the middle of it!!!!!
    __________________
    Last edited by KevinCouch; 07-18-2011 at 12:16 AM.

  42. #87
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Sorry about the double Post Above. It's Late.

    Bodyweight has already popped up a couple pounds this weekend to 193. Good things to come. In a few week when I completely fill out I'll post some more pics at 198 at 7% bodyfat.

    Shoulders, Hams, Calves, Abs

    Shoulders:
    20 Total Sets All DB Work
    DB Laterals
    DB Rear Laterals
    Seated DB Presses
    DB Front Laterals
    DB Shrugs
    DB High pulls

    Hams
    Standing Leg Curls: 3x15-20
    Adductor Cable exercises: 4x15-20

    Calves:
    Leg Press Toe Raise: 4x15-20
    Seated Calf Raise: 4x20-25
    DB One Leg Toe raise off block for stretch: 3x20-30

    Abs:
    8 sets weighted upside down crunches: 15-25 reps

  43. #88
    Forum Leader Hammerfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,026
    Rep Power
    125785

    Default

    Great advice from George, glad to hear he's got you eating up. You have that fast metab so getting shredded wont be a problem for you. Stay full and big.

    Why dont you post back pic up? LMAO just had to do that~ you know what I meant.......;-)
    Last edited by Hammerfit; 07-18-2011 at 09:30 AM.

  44. #89
    RX MEMBER KevinCouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    62130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfit View Post
    Great advice from George, glad to hear he's got you eating up. You have that fast metab so getting shredded wont be a problem for you. Stay full and big.

    Why dont you post back pic up? LMAO just had to do that~ you know what I meant.......;-)
    Yea i get . If I'm going to be a big middleweight I'm gonna have to eat up. My body wants to drop down so quickly (like Baldie's does) I guess that 's a good problem to have but i can be frustrating too (I know poor me) but knowing you've got to get in 6 full meals per day in just to maintain your bodyweight and just by dropping some carbs from these 6 meals my body begins to shoot back down in record time. This is why is a challenge for me to hold on to the muscle that I've built in the offseason. I may end up eating 3000 calories all the way up to the show, we'll see what formula works for me this year.....

  45. #90
    FREAK freebirdmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,158
    Rep Power
    39196

    Default

    Why didn't he also drop the cardio? I'd think that would be more of a muscle waster.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •