Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,670 of 5780

Quote Originally Posted by nigster View Post
    I think, that even though the difference might not be that big at all, there's still a mild advantage doing it in fasted state (e.g. in the morning). Or otherwise right after the weight training session. I think this is also something that Dave recommends, right?
    I e-mailed Dave and he said "fasted cardio is always more potent but its not imperative"

Hi guys. This question is about implementing pro/veg days from the beginning of the diet to achieve maximum fat loss per week. Basically I have about 7 weeks to cut for a fotoshoot, and I have approx 17 lbs of fat or so to lose. I am an advanced DP keto dieter with experience etc. I can lose about 2lbs per week if I do the diet normally (without pro/veg days, with weekly cheat meal), but I need to speed things up this time.

I emailed dave and he said 2-4 lbs/wk is possible, with 2+ hrs of cardio a day, but his answer re: pro veg days/cheat meal was unclear. What do you think I should do -- add 2 pro/veg days from week 1 and KEEP cheat meal, OR add 2 p/v days and REMOVE cheat meal?

THANKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mzinc20 View Post
    Hi guys. This question is about implementing pro/veg days from the beginning of the diet to achieve maximum fat loss per week. Basically I have about 7 weeks to cut for a fotoshoot, and I have approx 17 lbs of fat or so to lose. I am an advanced DP keto dieter with experience etc. I can lose about 2lbs per week if I do the diet normally (without pro/veg days, with weekly cheat meal), but I need to speed things up this time.

I emailed dave and he said 2-4 lbs/wk is possible, with 2+ hrs of cardio a day, but his answer re: pro veg days/cheat meal was unclear. What do you think I should do -- add 2 pro/veg days from week 1 and KEEP cheat meal, OR add 2 p/v days and REMOVE cheat meal?

THANKS!!!

pro/veg, keep the cheat for at least the first month

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I've been diagnosed with candida and decided to try Keto (not for the weight/fat loss I'm aldready lean 7-8 %), but not Palumbo keto (it's not real keto) I do 70/30 fat/protein, since too much protein converts into glucose - not so good when having candida. Also I try to eat 8 hours and fast for the next 16 hours (the same reason - candida - I try to make them starve)
    So my plan looks like this:

before training - 10g BCAA
    8:00 am - train
    9:30 am - PWO - 6 whole eggs, 1.5oz bacon, 1tbsp olive oil, salad
    snack - 1oz nuts
    12:00am - 9oz chicken, 2tbsp olive oil, salad
    3:00 pm - 9oz white fish, tbsp olive oil, salad
    5:30 pm - 9oz beef, 2 tbsp olive oil, salad

180g protein, 180-200g fat, 30g carbs 2600cals
    6'2 225 7-8%bf 26 y/o ecto
    200mg test prop a week, 25mg proviron eod, 25mcg T3, ipamorelin,cjc1295.

How this looks like?

why dont you just cleanse that candida out?

Quote Originally Posted by BC123Jm View Post
    pro/veg, keep the cheat for at least the first month
    Thanks BC123JM

Just to confirm, here's my pro/veg day diet:

Pro/Veg:
    1 -- 50g WPI
    2 -- 7 oz chicken breast + asparagus
    3 -- 7 oz chicken breast + asparagus
    4 -- 50g WPI + 1 tbsp triple strength fishoil (post workout)
    5 -- 7 oz chicken breast + asparagus
    6 -- 50g WPI

How many should I start out with, 2 pro/veg in a row, 5 pro/fat? And keep cheat meal for sure?

Thanks BC123JM

Just to confirm, here's my pro/veg day diet:

Pro/Veg:
    1 -- 50g WPI
    2 -- 7 oz chicken breast + asparagus
    3 -- 7 oz chicken breast + asparagus
    4 -- 50g WPI + 1 tbsp triple strength fishoil (post workout)
    5 -- 7 oz chicken breast + asparagus
    6 -- 50g WPI

How many should I start out with, 2 pro/veg in a row, 5 pro/fat? And keep cheat meal for sure?

i wouldn't do more than 2 days in a row. personally i would do a carb up once a week vs cheat meal.

Sun: pro/veg
    Mon: pro/veg
    Tue: pro/fat
    wed: pro/fat
    Thurs: pro/veg
    Friday: carb load
    Sat: pro/fat

Quote Originally Posted by BC123Jm View Post
    i wouldn't do more than 2 days in a row. personally i would do a carb up once a week vs cheat meal.

Sun: pro/veg
    Mon: pro/veg
    Tue: pro/fat
    wed: pro/fat
    Thurs: pro/veg
    Friday: carb load
    Sat: pro/fat
    Awesome! gonna start my first veg day tomorrow

How many g of carbs would you take in for the clean carb-up? I usually do 2.5-3 cups of raw oats and cook it with liquid sucralose + 50g whey directly after my weekly arm workout.... gives me round 130-160g carbs + 50 pro

How many g of carbs would you take in for the clean carb-up? I usually do 2.5-3 cups of raw oats and cook it with liquid sucralose + 50g whey directly after my weekly arm workout.... gives me round 130-160g carbs + 50 pro
    10 grams of carbs per kilo of LBM. spread over the day.use a combination of hi and low GI
    take in only trace fats.
    Last edited by BC123Jm; 11-05-2011 at 11:09 PM.

I think common practice is to get into ketosis then switch on and off protein/veg days. If you're not running on fat right now and you just cut carbs and fats that's just slashing calories. Metabolism will probably take a nose dive. And remember, whey protein readily converts to glucose unless taken with a source of fats. I'd replace the shake with chicken/fish/steak.

GYM RAT

I'm planning on to start a keto diet. I'm 215lb bf% 18-20 possibly, 34yr. I've been reading alot and I wanted to know how cardio is done with this type of diet. I heard conflicting answers. Doing high intensity or low intensity, I'm confused. Can someone p/s clarify this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboi View Post
    I'm planning on to start a keto diet. I'm 215lb bf% 18-20 possibly, 34yr. I've been reading alot and I wanted to know how cardio is done with this type of diet. I heard conflicting answers. Doing high intensity or low intensity, I'm confused. Can someone p/s clarify this. Thanks.
    Cardio is always low intensity when on keto. Don't exceed 120 bpm.

I started running keto 3 weeks ago, lost about 10 pounds. I like to do cardio at 140-150 bpm and was wondering if this will burn muscle (I'm on test atm). I just feel its more beneficial for the cardiovascular system. If its burning muscle though Ill switch it out to lower intensity

Quote Originally Posted by evser View Post
    I started running keto 3 weeks ago, lost about 10 pounds. I like to do cardio at 140-150 bpm and was wondering if this will burn muscle (I'm on test atm). I just feel its more beneficial for the cardiovascular system. If its burning muscle though Ill switch it out to lower intensity
    You should be fine at that heart rate. The increased nitrogen retention from the drugs will protect muscle. I am natty and sometimes get up to that heart rate with no ill effect

PENCILNECK

Hey! So I've been reading this thread quite a bit, so to introduce myself I'm a female for starters, 27 5"3 160 lbs bf is high following saves keto diet to the tee. Ok so questions is oxyelite pro a nono? I'm using humapro for my protien shakes and senna tea leaves with fiber at night to keep digestion up. This is my second day and I've got the headaches and feel foggy, lol. Anyway down 2 lbs (water?) glad this is up, I need to drop the fat! I have dreams of competing one day so any suggestion or advice would be appreciated especially concerning the cheat meal and omega 3 supp, since that is all being suggested for men

Quote Originally Posted by Dkp5818 View Post
    Hey! So I've been reading this thread quite a bit, so to introduce myself I'm a female for starters, 27 5"3 160 lbs bf is high following saves keto diet to the tee. Ok so questions is oxyelite pro a nono? I'm using humapro for my protien shakes and senna tea leaves with fiber at night to keep digestion up. This is my second day and I've got the headaches and feel foggy, lol. Anyway down 2 lbs (water?) glad this is up, I need to drop the fat! I have dreams of competing one day so any suggestion or advice would be appreciated especially concerning the cheat meal and omega 3 supp, since that is all being suggested for men
    OxyElite Pro is loaded to the brim with stims. There are many products like it on the market. It may help keep your appetite down (which keto does anyway) and give you a little extra energy for your workouts but don't expect any miracles to come from it. Ephedrine is a better choice if you're going to go the stimulant route. Rapid water loss is common when on a low carb diet. Have your first cheat meal after 2 weeks on the diet. That's cheat MEAL not cheat DAY! You can eat whatever you've been craving during the week. I take 10g of omega-3 fish oil a day. Hope this helps.

PENCILNECK

Yeah thanks! I wish I could use the ephedra, but I'm in the army and I'm pretty sure they test for it dunno?

Yeah thanks! I wish I could use the ephedra, but I'm in the army and I'm pretty sure they test for it dunno?
    Ephedrine can cause a false positive for amphetamine. I'd stay away from it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

PENCILNECK

That's what I thought! Lol it's cool time and motivation will get it

Thanks for the great Info!

PENCILNECK

hello all,as far as desicated liver pills for keto what brand should i use

PENCILNECK

RX MEMBER

Your replacing the shakes on the plan with humapro??? I wouldn't advise that.

Hey everyone! I am so excited to be going to the Olympia Weekend in Vegas this year...I want to look great and am excited to start up keto again. September is a looooong ways away, but just wondering if anyone sees a problem with me doing DP's keto diet starting now (March), or if you think it's a little to long to run a diet? Would it be better if I started in May? Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by nicoledominique; 03-12-2012 at 05:03 PM.

on the Dave's keto diet do you carb cycle? And if so how is many is good?

and is it every four days?
    Last edited by JOJ230; 03-26-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JOJ230 View Post
    on the Dave's keto diet do you carb cycle? And if so how is many is good?
    The diet has no carbs in, hence the name Keto! To get in a state on ketosis, a insulin deprived state were your body uses fats for fuel, on Dave's diet you do strictly protein and fats , with 1 cheat meal after the 1st 2 weeks of no carbs, and that's one cheat meal, a burger or something ! then straight back on the diet, till you have lines in your ass!

PENCILNECK

What's up guys,

So this is my first time cutting and I'm giving Dave palumbos keto diet a try, been on it 7 days now and I'm looking leaner already due to dropping water I can only assume, I'm down about 10lbs!

I'm going to keep going without a cheat meal until I hit day 10 or 14. Do I follow my diet as normal on this day and then just have my cheat at the end or do I have to take into account the macros of the meal and balance them out with the rest of the day?

At 215lb, 16%Bf, I'm taking in roughly 100g fat, 300-370g protein and >20g carbs daily. In around 2300cals. Im getting the majority of my fats in the morning from eggs, extra virgin olive oil and udos oil, does this matter or is it important to have them somewhat evenly spread throughout the day?

Thanks!

I'm sure this question has been asked and this is a big thread but I wanted to know if it's possible to grow like gain muscle while on DP Keto diet. I hear him say all the time carbs are not needed to gain muscle, they aid in insulin spikes and serve as a shuttling source and energy source. Fats on other hand are what part of our cell membrane is made up of.

Default keto and growing

Quote Originally Posted by liftw8t View Post
    I'm sure this question has been asked and this is a big thread but I wanted to know if it's possible to grow like gain muscle while on DP Keto diet. I hear him say all the time carbs are not needed to gain muscle, they aid in insulin spikes and serve as a shuttling source and energy source. Fats on other hand are what part of our cell membrane is made up of.
    hell yes you can.. but you need alot of extra calories.. i would do the diet and add in some burgers with cheese and bacon....

try that daily...

Quote Originally Posted by osfitness View Post
    hell yes you can.. but you need alot of extra calories.. i would do the diet and add in some burgers with cheese and bacon....

try that daily...

Would the purpose of that be to add extra protein and fats that would be more dense? Right now my macros are
    3946 calories
    161 carbs
    201 fats (clean mostly from olive oil, some salmon, some PB some Mac oil, eggs and avocado)
    376 protein

I know my carbs are a little higher than most keto but I need then pre/post so those are the only direct source of carbs I get about 50 pre and 40 post with my shake.

Default carbs

Quote Originally Posted by liftw8t View Post
    Would the purpose of that be to add extra protein and fats that would be more dense? Right now my macros are
    3946 calories
    161 carbs
    201 fats (clean mostly from olive oil, some salmon, some PB some Mac oil, eggs and avocado)
    376 protein

I know my carbs are a little higher than most keto but I need then pre/post so those are the only direct source of carbs I get about 50 pre and 40 post with my shake.
    why do you think you need so much carbs?

you only need what is prescribed... dump them..it is easier to do NO carbs then LOW carbs...

I did 2 (30) weeks keto last 2 years..
    I learned that you need a bigger carb up day weekly to keep going...

other than that.. you dont need the rest..

every wednesday i did 2 double stacks and it helped....
    no bun

Quote Originally Posted by osfitness View Post
    why do you think you need so much carbs?

you only need what is prescribed... dump them..it is easier to do NO carbs then LOW carbs...

I did 2 (30) weeks keto last 2 years..
    I learned that you need a bigger carb up day weekly to keep going...

other than that.. you dont need the rest..

every wednesday i did 2 double stacks and it helped....
    no bun
    Well see that's the thing I only get those 90 carbs pre and post then rest come from foods no direct sources I mean peanut butter and almonds give me some carbs but I'm asking because I don't know honestly. And how do my fats and protein look to high to low?
    Last edited by liftw8t; 04-16-2012 at 09:09 PM.

PENCILNECK

Can someone critique my diet? I go to school in the morning and work in the afternoon/evening so it is hard for me to cook everyday. Please feel free to make suggestions and alter the diet.

Breakfast: 3 whole eggs, 5 egg whites.

2nd meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

3rd meal: Chicken Breast with some veggies and 1/4 cup of Trader Joe's Raw Almonds

4th meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

5th meal: 1/2 lb of Kirkland Lean 91/9 beef 3 eggs

6th meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

I added everything up on MyFitnessPal. According to the app I am at 1908 calories 50% fat 42% protein and 8% carbs.

PENCILNECK

Sorry for the double post. It wouldn't let me delete my previous post. I made some changes to the diet.

Breakfast: 4 eggs 5 egg whites + 2 Controlled Labs OxiMega Fish Oil pills
    Snack: ON Gold Star(1 scoop) protein shake with 2 Tbsp of Laura Scudder's Natural PB Smooth-Unsalted
    Lunch: 4oz of Chicken breast with lettuce and spinach + 1/4 cup of Trader Joe's Raw Almonds
    Dinner: 2 Tbsp of Star Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 8oz(1/2 pound) Kirkland Lean 91/9 Ground Beef
    PWO Snack: ON Gold Star(1 scoop) protein shake with 2 Tbsp of Laura Scudder's Natural PB Smooth-Unsalted
    1918 Calories. 59% Fat 36% Protein 5% Carbs

AVBG

Looks fine, how heavy are you and what is your current condition? Are you competing, what is your goal weight/condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by AVBG View Post
    Looks fine, how heavy are you and what is your current condition? Are you competing, what is your goal weight/condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the reply. I am 6'1 290 lbs. I'm not sure what you mean by condition? My goal weight is 205.

RX MEMBER

My goal is too get big and get lean at the same time. Meals look like this...

6 eggs

6 eggs

steak and 4 eggs

6 eggs

6 eggs

steak and 6 eggs with mac oil

2 eggs and heavy whipping cream.

New to keto, after 4 weeks i had my first refeed. Was scared of cheat meal so i carb loaded on rice and well that didnt work and i felt like shit the next day. 2 weeks later I had another refeed, only this time i had a double cheeseburger and large fry. Still lost weight the next day like it never happened! However, I had it as meal 2. Ive read that the cheat meal is supposed to be at meal 6? Can you guys tell me why that is or if it matters?

Quote Originally Posted by J_TRAIN View Post
    New to keto, after 4 weeks i had my first refeed. Was scared of cheat meal so i carb loaded on rice and well that didnt work and i felt like shit the next day. 2 weeks later I had another refeed, only this time i had a double cheeseburger and large fry. Still lost weight the next day like it never happened! However, I had it as meal 2. Ive read that the cheat meal is supposed to be at meal 6? Can you guys tell me why that is or if it matters?
    Less likely to cheat all day if its ur last meal of the day!! Simples

Quote Originally Posted by Qster View Post
    My goal is too get big and get lean at the same time. Meals look like this...

6 eggs

6 eggs

steak and 4 eggs

6 eggs

6 eggs

steak and 6 eggs with mac oil

2 eggs and heavy whipping cream.
    Get some fibrelize if i was you bro!!

PENCILNECK

Default Condiments and Cheat Meal

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I've received permission from the mods to make this thread a sticky. All questions or comments regarding keto diets are welcome. Myself, as well as a few others on this board, are well-versed on the subject matter, so fire away!

A few years ago, I had Dave design my keto diet. I got through Week 10 until I was laying in the hospital with that H1N1 stuff. Anyway, I just recently decided to go keto again. I found all of my emails from Dave but now, having been through it once, I understand keto a lot better.

After finishing my first week, I still have a few questions that I would appreciate anyone to answer!!

Condiments: I know we can have mustard and spices, but I would imagine we can have garlic?? What about salt? I used salt on pretty much everything last time, but is it a big 'no-no' while on keto?

Drinks: I know we can drink diet soda and green tea...but with it being the summer time, I LOVE LOVE LOVE unsweetened sun tea. What is your take on this? Can I have it or not? I also thought that Crystal Light was okay too.....

Cardio: Has to stay UNDER 120bbm, right?

Thank so much!!

your gtg bro.. mustard is fine.. i used the sugar free ketuchup from heinz and it was fine.... just dont go crazy, tea is ok.. salt is a MUST....

With out the carbs, your losing some water in the muscles, so i would add it on all foods....

it helps with the pumps as well...

carb up days back off.....

Quote Originally Posted by J_TRAIN View Post
    working with dave over the years, he recommends you have your cheal at meal 6 so your not tempted to eat more.....

enjoy the carb hangovers as i call them,, that wont last... once your in keto for a while, you will need more carbs....

Quote Originally Posted by Juturna67 View Post
    Can someone critique my diet? I go to school in the morning and work in the afternoon/evening so it is hard for me to cook everyday. Please feel free to make suggestions and alter the diet.

Breakfast: 3 whole eggs, 5 egg whites.

2nd meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

3rd meal: Chicken Breast with some veggies and 1/4 cup of Trader Joe's Raw Almonds

4th meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

5th meal: 1/2 lb of Kirkland Lean 91/9 beef 3 eggs

6th meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

I added everything up on MyFitnessPal. According to the app I am at 1908 calories 50% fat 42% protein and 8% carbs.

your plan looks good, what is your goal? weight? BF %?

i do mine with a small carb up on wed and a big carb day sat... '
    just work s better for me.. doing a keto bulk now...

pretty good stuff....

keeping carbs at 150..... the rest fat and protein..
    2 high carb days.. up 13 lbs in 5 weeks with no increase in BF

Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast