Page 117 of 388 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 5812
    FREAK

Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    Right, but what I mean is, I'm SURE I get 50, but should I worry if I'm gettin too much, like say the pizza had 70-80 grams of protein. Is this a concern?
    Hell no. I know I've had many cheat meals that were probably 150-200g protein easy.

Default 10 weeks out

Hi just wondering if it is too late to start in to the keto diet. I really need to grow into my weight. I got sick and lost some muscle and was wondering as i have heard alot of people saying they gain some muscle while on the diet

FREAK

I've seen guys that had lay offs or lost muscle gain muscle and lose fat at the same time on keto. Very good for the guys that kinda let themselves go for a bit and gained fat and lost muscle.

I have not really let myself go I was dieting for a comp for the last 20 weeks using a mass gaining diet. it was a clean bulk using something simiular to daves off season diet. i get an infection about 6 weeks ago i still tried to train but had to stop about 3 weeks ago. Need to get the weight back up and lean out as well. Just am afraid I will end up losing a shit load more muscle especially since I am only 10 weeks out and already behind. thanks for the quick reply

MUSCLEHEAD

Since Dave seems to be MIA on Q&A, maybe The Frost man can help me out here...

1) What happens to the carbs you do consume while you are in Ketosis? The trace carbs from nuts, chicken, salad, etc.?

2) Coming from an Italian family, we have thse long ass Sunday dinners sometimes. Just once I'd like to eat at one again without getting shit from my asshole brother in law. Is there a specific amount of time over which to consume your "cheat meal"?

3) If you absolutley had to pick one of the following to eat over and above the specified diet, which would do the least amount of damage. I just want to know pysiologically the effects on Ketosis, or success of the diet.
    a) chicken breast
    b) cup of spinach
    c) tbsp of Nat PB
    d) scoop of whey

4) Would the pre bagged baby spinach (9oz raw) be too much for the salad with meal #5?

5) Walden Farms calorie free stuff. Okay or no? Limit?

6) Apx how long after a cheat does it take to get back into Keto?

thanks

FREAK

1. They just get used for whatever purpose the body needs, whether brain function or something else.

2. Depends on how lean you are. If you're pretty lean by now, you can have a "meal" that lasts 1-2 hours and be fine assuming you're not gorging yourself.

3. A scoop of whey would be my choice for least damaging. Remember that study Scott Connelley mentioned about adding calories from whey and the people losing fat?

4. That's okay so long as the only veggie you use is spinach and you're not using any condiments with carbs.

5. Okay in moderation. They have trace calories, so a little won't matter. But if you drown all your food in it I could see it possibly becoming an issue.

6. Depends on the cheat. The larger it is, the longer, and if it's heavier and full of spices, onions, garlic, meat, etc, then it may take a lot longer to get back to ketosis. On the other hand a high GI kind of cheat, say you just sat down with low fat milk and rice krispies and sugar, it could spike blood sugar so high that insulin shoots through the roof and then ends up crashing you. I've went to bed after a cheat and woken up hours later from a violent blood sugar drop and I could feel my stress hormones pumping and my heart racing to try to restore balance lol.

MUSCLEHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    1. They just get used for whatever purpose the body needs, whether brain function or something else.

2. Depends on how lean you are. If you're pretty lean by now, you can have a "meal" that lasts 1-2 hours and be fine assuming you're not gorging yourself.

3. A scoop of whey would be my choice for least damaging. Remember that study Scott Connelley mentioned about adding calories from whey and the people losing fat?

4. That's okay so long as the only veggie you use is spinach and you're not using any condiments with carbs.

5. Okay in moderation. They have trace calories, so a little won't matter. But if you drown all your food in it I could see it possibly becoming an issue.

6. Depends on the cheat. The larger it is, the longer, and if it's heavier and full of spices, onions, garlic, meat, etc, then it may take a lot longer to get back to ketosis. On the other hand a high GI kind of cheat, say you just sat down with low fat milk and rice krispies and sugar, it could spike blood sugar so high that insulin shoots through the roof and then ends up crashing you. I've went to bed after a cheat and woken up hours later from a violent blood sugar drop and I could feel my stress hormones pumping and my heart racing to try to restore balance lol.
    Many thanks!

What do spices have to do with it? I ask becuase I use them all week. Mainly Mrs. Dash, Minced onion, adobo, sazon and garlic powder.

Funny thing, after your advice I went to have a massive cheat on Sunday. I was going to have a roast beef hero, everything bagel, waffles, fries, oreos, onion rings... and so on. So I'm about halfway through my roast beef hero and it occured to me that there was no way I was going to eat all that. I ended up eating the hero, fries, a few onion rings, 2 little squares of sugar free chocolate, about 9 sugar free oreos and a glass of 1% milk. Some diet soda too. That would be lunch back in the day! I couldnt fit anymore in me even though I wanted to. But, the day before I also felt like I really finally hit a real deep ketosis that may have illuded me before. Then I go and have this cheat and I feel like I set myself back a bit just when I was really getting going. I started the diet maybe 5 weeks ago I think and Im only down 11lbs, and I see it working for everyone else a bit faster. I'm also doin 1hr cardio 5 days a week after weights and 1.5 hrs 2 days a week first thing AM. I have a feeling I've overtrained myself and diminished my metabolism somewhat from deiting (low carb but not keto) for a long time.

Any advice?

Get 5% off at true protein with my code AXS087

Yo myth I was wondering when you were doing keto how often were your refeeds and how many hours did they last for. Also when you first started out at what point in time did you increase the amount of time that you had your refeed and when did you decrease the time between refeeds. Thanks.

any advice frosty

FREAK

Quote Originally Posted by lomox View Post
    Any advice?

Watch onion because it has carbs and they can add up.

As far as the size and type of the cheat, go with whatever works. If a smaller cheat works better use that. If there are specific foods that just seem to "work" use them. Chocolate is one of those things for me lol.

As far as progress, is it possible to lift more often? I make better progress lifting 4x a week vs. 2 since I've tried both, even though I trained my ass off those 2 days a week. There's always more room for cardio as well.

FREAK

Quote Originally Posted by tyedtye View Post
    any advice frosty
    the keto isn't going to make you lose muscle. It's great for most guys to lose fat and hold muscle and do it quickly.

Thanks for your time frosty really appreciate it. Will do a short bulk for 2 weeks and get a good 8 weeks of keto. Thanks again bro

MUSCLEHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Watch onion because it has carbs and they can add up.

As far as the size and type of the cheat, go with whatever works. If a smaller cheat works better use that. If there are specific foods that just seem to "work" use them. Chocolate is one of those things for me lol.

As far as progress, is it possible to lift more often? I make better progress lifting 4x a week vs. 2 since I've tried both, even though I trained my ass off those 2 days a week. There's always more room for cardio as well.
    Thanks,

I lift 5 days a week, cardio all 7. Cardio is 1hr for 5 days (the days I lift) and 1.5 hrs on days I don't. I dont think I can up it until I get my treadmill set up at home again (just moved).

I was just amazed that I couldnt finish what I intended to with the cheat. Its like I was full right away. My stomach said no but my mind, eyes, nose and mouth said more! I guess something must be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex The Great View Post
    Yo myth I was wondering when you were doing keto how often were your refeeds and how many hours did they last for. Also when you first started out at what point in time did you increase the amount of time that you had your refeed and when did you decrease the time between refeeds. Thanks.
    refeeds were and still are once a week. i did 3 meals at 15%, 4 meals at 10%, 5 meals at 8%, 6 meals at sub 6%, then 7 meals for the final 8 weeks when I maintained at around 4-5%.

post contest my thyroid, test, gh, etc, all went down the shitter due to my brain tumor supposedly, so now I just do 4 meals in 8-9 hours, which comes out to 1500-2000 carbs. right now i'm around 8-9%. when i get this tumor removed, my hormone levels are gonna skyrocket and i guarantee Im gonna lean out again without even changing my diet. Im an optimist, no room in this world for pessimism, it gets you nowhere!

Quote Originally Posted by lomox View Post

I was just amazed that I couldnt finish what I intended to with the cheat. Its like I was full right away. My stomach said no but my mind, eyes, nose and mouth said more! I guess something must be working.
    yep that happens alot to most people who follow the keto diet. i went against the grain and ate all the veggies I wanted. i usually ate 3 massive veggie servings and 3 massive Myth's Slurpees a day, which kept my stomach stretched while maintaing a small waist line. that way i was able to absolutely pound the carbs come refeed time!

Page 117 of 388 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast