Page 375 of 388 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5812

Quote Originally Posted by gweens View Post
    I am currently 5'10" 157lbs I strength train 4/5 times a week with 30 min low int. cardio after weight training. Not sure the body fat my guess is around 10% 4 pack is visible, I am trying to lose the last little bit of fat on my lower back.I only know about ketosis what Ive read.
    What should my diet look like?
    i really wouldnt do a keto diet if i were you and just wanted to drop that last bit of fat. you can drop it with keto but you cant maintain it. so if its for a contest or photo shoot ok. otherwise just based on your stats you need to put on muscle. you dont have much LBM right now. see the staying lean year round thread in this section

PENCILNECK

Thanks bro

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by BC123Jm View Post
    i really wouldnt do a keto diet if i were you and just wanted to drop that last bit of fat. you can drop it with keto but you cant maintain it. so if its for a contest or photo shoot ok. otherwise just based on your stats you need to put on muscle. you dont have much LBM right now. see the staying lean year round thread in this section
    What would be the best diet for me to put on muscle while staying lean? And how much Cals do you think I should consume?

What would be the best diet for me to put on muscle while staying lean? And how much Cals do you think I should consume?
    that is a very complicated question. post it in the staying lean year round thread. i will answer it there. this thread is keto q&a

And do some f**king research in the mean time!

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson829 View Post
    And do some f**king research in the mean time!

Definition of Research

In order to plan and carry out research, it is necessary for you to know what we mean by research-in general, as well as in the specialized fields of language teaching and language acquisition.

Research is an ORGANIZED and SYSTEMATIC way of FINDING ANSWERS to QUESTIONS.

SYSTEMATIC because there is a definite set of procedures and steps which you will follow. There are certain things in the research process which are always done in order to get the most accurate results.

ORGANIZED in that there is a structure or method in going about doing research. It is a planned procedure, not a spontaneous one. It is focused and limited to a specific scope.

FINDING ANSWERS is the end of all research. Whether it is the answer to a hypothesis or even a simple question, research is successful when we find answers. Sometimes the answer is no, but it is still an answer.

QUESTIONS are central to research. If there is no question, then the answer is of no use. Research is focused on relevant, useful, and important questions. Without a question, research has no focus, drive, or purpose.

Earlier this year, when I followed a ketogenic diet (actually CKD), I pretty much always felt when I "went" into ketosis. Now, after summer, when I started it again, I haven't got that feeling. Does your body somehow get used to it and you don't get that feeling anymore, at least not as strong, or am I just not getting into ketosis yet?

Earlier this year, I pretty much always had that "blurry" or kinda "feverish" feeling for a day or something, but not this time.

with regards to omega 3 fish oils - tons of brands out there - what is the best way of finding out which ones are better than the other? what do you look for in the label as far as the epa/dha content? - I hear Spring Valley's brand from walmart is cheap yet decent quality for the price..

Also i saw few posts in the early stages of this thread but wanted to get your opinion on it as well - the recommendation is 120-130bpm but everyone recommends long duration low intensity ie: walking on incline or outside, etc. -- when i walk at 3.4mph/2.0incline that's as bout as fast as i can walk for the amount of incline i have but depending on what machine i am on i never get above 115(most machines have me anywhere from 100-110) should i try dropping the mph for a little bit more incline to see if i can get my heart rate up or will that activate my legs too much and take away from the low intensity approach.?

last question is EVOO for oils - i see they have a smart balance evoo with added omega-3 - would that be a better choice vs regular evoo or should i just wait and see how i progress( recently cut out meals that i was using pb and switched to nuts/oils only as the omega-6 content was too high. I have some almond butter as well but the nuts provide a little more satiety for me . )

Quote Originally Posted by nigster View Post
    Earlier this year, when I followed a ketogenic diet (actually CKD), I pretty much always felt when I "went" into ketosis. Now, after summer, when I started it again, I haven't got that feeling. Does your body somehow get used to it and you don't get that feeling anymore, at least not as strong, or am I just not getting into ketosis yet?

Earlier this year, I pretty much always had that "blurry" or kinda "feverish" feeling for a day or something, but not this time.
    As the body becomes more and more accustomed to using fat as a primary fuel source, less amounts of ketone bodies are utilized. The body is actually able to use long chain fatty acids more efficiently without them having to be converted to ketones.

As the body becomes more and more accustomed to using fat as a primary fuel source, less amounts of ketone bodies are utilized. The body is actually able to use long chain fatty acids more efficiently without them having to be converted to ketones.
    All righty then... I assume, that due to that, I wouldn't necessarily see the ketones in my urine either with ketostix for example?

By the way, if you wan't to measure the amount of ketones in your urine, which time of the day should you measure it?

Quote Originally Posted by epifiny View Post
    with regards to omega 3 fish oils - tons of brands out there - what is the best way of finding out which ones are better than the other? what do you look for in the label as far as the epa/dha content? - I hear Spring Valley's brand from walmart is cheap yet decent quality for the price..

Also i saw few posts in the early stages of this thread but wanted to get your opinion on it as well - the recommendation is 120-130bpm but everyone recommends long duration low intensity ie: walking on incline or outside, etc. -- when i walk at 3.4mph/2.0incline that's as bout as fast as i can walk for the amount of incline i have but depending on what machine i am on i never get above 115(most machines have me anywhere from 100-110) should i try dropping the mph for a little bit more incline to see if i can get my heart rate up or will that activate my legs too much and take away from the low intensity approach.?

last question is EVOO for oils - i see they have a smart balance evoo with added omega-3 - would that be a better choice vs regular evoo or should i just wait and see how i progress( recently cut out meals that i was using pb and switched to nuts/oils only as the omega-6 content was too high. I have some almond butter as well but the nuts provide a little more satiety for me . )

/bump ;p

Get Calrson's liquid fish oil, tastes good, can't use it with meals outside the house unless you're gonna carry that big glass bottle with you.

Amazon, Vitacost, Vitaminshoppe, etc... carry it, but check around for discounts.

Is fasted cardio beneficial when running keto. I've heard cardio timing isn't as important cuz insulin is more or less always low

RX MEMBER

I've been diagnosed with candida and decided to try Keto (not for the weight/fat loss I'm aldready lean 7-8 %), but not Palumbo keto (it's not real keto) I do 70/30 fat/protein, since too much protein converts into glucose - not so good when having candida. Also I try to eat 8 hours and fast for the next 16 hours (the same reason - candida - I try to make them starve)
    So my plan looks like this:

before training - 10g BCAA
    8:00 am - train
    9:30 am - PWO - 6 whole eggs, 1.5oz bacon, 1tbsp olive oil, salad
    snack - 1oz nuts
    12:00am - 9oz chicken, 2tbsp olive oil, salad
    3:00 pm - 9oz white fish, tbsp olive oil, salad
    5:30 pm - 9oz beef, 2 tbsp olive oil, salad

180g protein, 180-200g fat, 30g carbs 2600cals
    6'2 225 7-8%bf 26 y/o ecto
    200mg test prop a week, 25mg proviron eod, 25mcg T3, ipamorelin,cjc1295.

How this looks like?

Is fasted cardio beneficial when running keto. I've heard cardio timing isn't as important cuz insulin is more or less always low
    I think, that even though the difference might not be that big at all, there's still a mild advantage doing it in fasted state (e.g. in the morning). Or otherwise right after the weight training session. I think this is also something that Dave recommends, right?

Page 375 of 388 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385 ... LastLast