Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OLYMPIAN

With natural bodybuilding people greatly underestimate their BF% and after the first few years the gains come extremely slow esp if you have average genes.... If you gain 1-2 lbs of pure muscle a year after your first 2-3 years that's about normal.... its sucks but as least you know you worked for it...

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Minnphat View Post
    With natural bodybuilding people greatly underestimate their BF% and after the first few years the gains come extremely slow esp if you have average genes.... If you gain 1-2 lbs of pure muscle a year after your first 2-3 years that's about normal.... its sucks but as least you know you worked for it...
    Yes while pretty much everyone underestimates there body fat percentage, if your lifting for a whole year and only putting on 1-2 pounds of muscle your doing something wrong. the exception would be someone that the very elite of the natural spectrum. the vast majority of people that have trained for 2-3 years arn't anywhere near that. maybe your talking about dry muscle? that would be like 4-8 pounds of actual muscle with the normal amount of water in it

OLYMPIAN

no I am talking about muscle like i said the first few years expect to put on 15-20 lbs after that its about 1-2 unless your a genetic freak.... think about it 10 years of 2lbs is 20lbs... makes sense.... and like i said people really underestimate their bf%

OLYMPIAN

no I am talking about muscle like i said the first few years expect to put on 15-20 lbs after that its about 1-2 unless your a genetic freak.... think about it 10 years of 2lbs is 20lbs... makes sense.... and like i said people really underestimate their bf%
    1-2 pounds for a year is garbage unless your carry some serious muscle and been training for a long long time. Plus odds are your not going to maintain the same amount of gains. so after 3 years of training you gain 2 pounds in your 4th year the odds that your going to do that 9 straight years doing the same thing that got you that two pounds in the 4th year is slim.
    Last edited by symphonyofdreams; 09-19-2011 at 09:49 PM.

If you train like a pussy and dont know how to eat and recover then ya 1-2lbs. I cannot believe people still handicap them selves to believe this shit

165 to 185.... ok buddy
    have fun mentally stopping yourself from growing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not on a Keto diet

RX MEMBER

Not the most constructive post in the world but fair enough. Please elaborate further if you will?
    And I assure you that it's not a case of not training hard enough or eating an abundance of clean food.

OLYMPIAN

aj not sure why your so upset, everyone has their own opinion, I am no professional you might be right, again 2lbs a year is a lot... I am talking pure muscle not fat, water, and muscle.. but hey man if you can all the power to you but please don't insult my training and attention to diet bc I am take it very serious and I have been doing this shit a long time....

OLYMPIAN

aj not sure why your so upset, everyone has their own opinion, I am no professional you might be right, again 2lbs a year is a lot... I am talking pure muscle not fat, water, and muscle.. but hey man if you can all the power to you but please don't insult my training and attention to diet bc I am take it very serious and I have been doing this shit a long time....
    a pound of muscle is like what 75 percent water? maybe 80? so if you put on 10 pounds of muscle there's 7 pounds of water. maybe your talking about excess water from a shitty diet?

OLYMPIAN

minnphat i think you must be talking about dry muscle weight? that would make sense cause in that case 2 pounds in a year for an experience lifter would be great. if someone gains 2 pounds of actual muscle with the normal water there would be like no difference in the physique from one year to next. it would take like 5 years before and after to see something big

ya i just got upset didnt mean to be a dick but im a runt a straight up runt and i got to wear i am now which isnt even that far along from not buying into what people said were the limits. Now i agree if you been training 5-6 years putting on 4-8lbs a year your not going to keep that up even top pros dont put on 4-6lbs after their at a high level but you have to understand if you find out what works for you as you grow, You can put on i would say 5-8lbs a year for the 1st 5-6 years or however long till you get to where its difficult.

Now imo if u put on 8lbs the 1st 3 years, thats 24lbs of LBM thats a shit ton, not realistic to think you will keep that up but 1-2 i dont think you will put on that little for quite some time. When my deadlift went from 355 to 455 after 4 years of training and learning proper form i know i gained size. I started lifting at 147lbs with a max bench of 115lbs i could do 3 pullps and 4 dips and deadlift like 135 tops.

Now im 180 not the leanest or biggest or strongest i have been and i can do 4 muscle ups, 30 pulls ups and 40 dips i did 15 yesterday with 2 plates.
    My max bench is around 335-365 and deadlift is closer to 500, And i tell u the truth im not eating right, im dirnking too much, and im training like a pussy. If i got dedicated as i am starting to again. I will put on 5-8lbs in a year. Because i still am pretty novice.

Sorry again for coming off as a dick but the strongest kid i know who is natty is 18 and thinks John Cena is natty this kid squats almost 500 to past paralell and deadlifts 600 and benches 365x2

HE REALLY THINKS THERE NATTY!! and he is like 5'8 195 16% BF.
    So guys i tell you right now, fuck what people say!!! do not set limits on what u can achieve or whats the max...You know what?? no one knows the true genetic limit because as long as stimulus is place on the human body it will adapt and grow as needed.

One thing i might add is as i get stronger i train less frequent because i need more time to recover and grow.

sorry again for being a dick

cheers
    Not on a Keto diet

and screw the dry muscle theory no one walks around with dry muscle we are primarily water and the muscle is hydrated unless u dehydrate it for some reason or another.

Remember lots of things are possible u can build mass while losing BF% as well.
    Not as efficiently but i can be done, I have done, and so have some of my friends well all got our BF tested and have papers to prove it.
    Not on a Keto diet

also reason was i got upset is people lurking and stuff hear this and go fuck eating egg whites and oats and chicken and rice and training and not drinking or having fun to gain 2lbs of muscle a year and they decide to juice... I like being natty and id like to show other people whats possible if you dont put limits on whats possible.

I have some injuries right now but im working through them
    Last edited by Deltasaurus; 09-20-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    Not on a Keto diet

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by a2thej2008 View Post
    and screw the dry muscle theory no one walks around with dry muscle we are primarily water and the muscle is hydrated unless u dehydrate it for some reason or another.

Remember lots of things are possible u can build mass while losing BF% as well.
    Not as efficiently but i can be done, I have done, and so have some of my friends well all got our BF tested and have papers to prove it.
    Yep i don't understand why anyone even talks about dry muscle. that would be like calculating your lean body mass with no water lol no point since humans pretty much are water

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by a2thej2008 View Post
    also reason was i got upset is people lurking and stuff hear this and go fuck eating egg whites and oats and chicken and rice and training and not drinking or having fun to gain 2lbs of muscle a year and they decide to juice... I like being natty and id like to show other people whats possible if you dont put limits on whats possible.

I have some injuries right now but im working through them
    I know what you're saying. I believe any 'sport' that relies on drug use clearly isn't worth it and isnt even a sport at all. But sadly the general consensus seems to be that yes, you should probably consider yourself lucky to be gaining 2lbs of lean muscle a year naturally, so yes it is definitely very discouraging considering the about of work and dedication it takes to get those measly 2lbs. I agree with you about trying to be optimistic and not place mental barriers on yourself, but at the same time you have to be realistic and face the facts. A 2lbs gain isn't even noticeable to other people, so is it even worth trying so hard and living such a dedicated lifestyle, knowing that you will look the same after a whole year. Are you meant to carry on that lifestyle with the hope that you will be noticeably bigger in maybe 6 years? I dunno.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnyrunt View Post
    I know what you're saying. I believe any 'sport' that relies on drug use clearly isn't worth it and isnt even a sport at all. But sadly the general consensus seems to be that yes, you should probably consider yourself lucky to be gaining 2lbs of lean muscle a year naturally, so yes it is definitely very discouraging considering the about of work and dedication it takes to get those measly 2lbs. I agree with you about trying to be optimistic and not place mental barriers on yourself, but at the same time you have to be realistic and face the facts. A 2lbs gain isn't even noticeable to other people, so is it even worth trying so hard and living such a dedicated lifestyle, knowing that you will look the same after a whole year. Are you meant to carry on that lifestyle with the hope that you will be noticeably bigger in maybe 6 years? I dunno.

I strongly believe from personal experience and seeing many others that if your gaining 2 pounds muscle in a year either you have some really really low end genetics or something is off with the training, diet, rest etc.
    Now if your Layne norton size at 5'10'' with a lean body mass of 190 then yeah i could see having to work for a whole year to gain 2 pounds of muscle.

I think the problem is us as body builders are kinda brain washed into thinking we're supposed to look a certain way. so people resort to shooting up drugs to achieve that. It's no different then women that spend a ton of money on plastic surgery and starve themselves for a certain look. If we all were born in same some tribal village some where away from modern society we probably wouldn't give a shit how big we are.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast