From my book “Finding Me”, written for the holidays, after a close friend confided in me about the recent diagnosis of her son’s terminal illness… My heart ached for her and her family, after taking a moment to reflect on my own, illness….I was able to see, much more clearly the abundance of blessings that surrounded me daily!. In writing this for her, hoping to offer some comfort, it brought me comfort as well.

In dedication to to those that have struggled - I share this with you today. May this holiday bring comfort to you, as we all embrace the true blessing that are within us and surround us each and everyday!!

Today remember the true meaning of this holiday... its NOT the gift that come wrapped up in paper sitting under the tree - NOT money and materialist things.... Give a handful of hope to someone that is NOT as fortunate as you, someone that's is spending the holiday ALONE or in line waiting for a meal, that's worried and wonders where they may sleep.... Friends when someone ask you what you want or need for Christmas and you say NOTHING, feel extra blessed and then offer those blessings to someone else!! Happy Holiday's

Tiny Blessings You Find

Blessings
Are not
Easy to see
When you search
In ways that weren’t meant to be
It’s not fame and fortune
Look close
In abundance you’ll see
Are blessings
Meant for all humanity

The blessings you find
Are
Love, comfort, peace and serenity
Protecting us
From the worlds brutality
Not the material things
That are truly empty
Never offering us things unselfishly
The blessings you find
All on the inside
Difficult
For so many to see
In all reality
To love unselfishly
How rewarding it all can be
When you express your feelings
So openly
That’s the true blessing for all to see
The blessings you find
Have immense offerings
Love, comfort peace and serenity
Are the blessings
You’ll find
When you look
At what’s important and meant to be
Embrace your loved ones
Feel
The ability to love
Unselfishly
The tiny blessings you find
Meant for you and me
Is the ability
To love
Freely and openly
Celebrate today
And everyday
The blessing we all should see
Celebrate the tiny blessings that are truly larger than life
To love and be loved

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}