I've been following something more similar to palumbo's mass gain diet, in that it's high in fats (about 30g a meal) and lower in carbs (175g on training days and only 88g on offdays). Because the carbs have been low, I've been hoping the high fats would bump up the calories to grow. As for my digestive issues with carbs, I find the pineapple definitely helps, and it's also helped that I switched my carb sources to more fruit and veg and soup, with only moderate oats grains etc.

To be honest though, I haven't seen any gains from my diet despite the calories being high from the fats, so I think (especially as a natural) you do need more carbs maybe to create a more anabolic environment? I'll be adjusting my diet accordingly, as long as my digestive system doesnt start playing up again.

I've also read about Aceto saying to cycle your macros in the offseason to grow, so wanna give that a try. E.g for 5 days go with 1g protein and 2g carbs a day per lbs lean body weight. Then 2 days 2g protein and 1g carbs. Then 2 days 1.5g protein and 3-4g carbs. Then start again...