Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default GirlyMuscle's Halo Extreme Log

I've been following the mystery log of the woman using the Halo Extreme that s2h has been documenting and decided I wanted to try Halo myself. I'm going to log my experience here for the benefit of any other female who is interested in this product. Just waiting for the stuff to get here.

A little background....I've been training for 11 yrs, competed 2x. I'm 47 yrs old, 5'1" and currently weigh in at about 170ish. My happy off season weight is around 150 so I've let myself get a little fat. Comp weight has been 135 and 142 but neither was lean enough to really be onstage but I did it anyway.

I hadn't been in the gym for the last 2 months. I think it was burn out since I've spent pretty much of the last 2 years dieting hard for contest prep. I tend to be meso/endomorph so while I gain muscle relatively easily (at least as easy as a woman can) I also have a hard time staying lean.

I've dabbled with aas over the last 3-4 years. I've mostly run anavar but I did use injectable primo, oral winny and one short small dose cycle of test p. I've been clean for about 8 months. I've also pretty much decided not to run any aas in the future. The biggest reason is the hair growth sides. The primo and test p caused quite a bit of chin hair growth that I'm not happy with and I'll need to laser at some point. Also, my voice is scratchy and I'm afraid of it getting to deep. So aas and I have parted ways. That's why I'm excited to try Halo. I love anavar and the fact that Halo has been compared to var made me curious to see how it would go for me.

I went back to the gym about two weeks ago. My strength has gone waaaay down. Funny how strong aas makes you. I'm going to post up my pre-Halo workouts so there is something to compare to once I get started. I'll also do pics/video but at 170 I think I'll wait until I have at least a month before posting anything. I'll need a second progress pic for comparison.

I'm pretty much an open book. Feel free to ask me anything.
    Last edited by GirlyMuscle; 02-05-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Default Upper Body Workout

Like I said I'm newly back in the gym so I decided to start with an upper body/lower body split. This was from my workout on Wednesday. The numbers in parenthesis is my PR to give a reference as to where my strength is now.

Hammer Strength Incline Press (6-8 reps at 110 per side)
    1x15@25 (each side)
    3x12@45

Seated Pulley Row (240)
    1x15@60
    1x15@80
    2x10@100

Seated OH Shoulder Press (machine) (150)
    4x12@80

Cable Curls (biceps) (90)
    [email protected]

Tricep Pushdowns (cable) (140)
    4x12@90

Followed by 20 min cardio on an arc trainer (hrt 130-168)

This workout was stimulating but not my all out best effort. I don't want to be so sore I can't work. LOL Gimme a few sessions before I jack it into high gear.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Default Nutrition plan

I'm not actually "dieting" but I am cleaning up my diet in anticipation of this log. Right now I'm eating about 80% clean. Usually 4-5 meals consisting of eggs, whole wheat toast, rice, chicken, fish, potatoes, fruit. Stuff that I'm eating that's not "clean" would consist of red wine here and there, a dessert if the occasion calls for it. If a friend wants to go to lunch, I go, without worrying too much about what I eat.

Once I start the Halo I'll tighten up a little more and post what I'm eating. I plan on using carbs in my diet for now.

That's awesome girly! I'm gonna be running a log too. I've got a couple questions for you...for one what dose are you planning on running? Two, have you ever used t-bol before? The reason I ask is because halodrol is CDMA, the prohormone precursor to tbol. This is pretty interesting. Keep us up to date, I'll be following along!

Following too. Hope to be starting mine soon
    Yes I did inject my sack to win free shit.
    Unban Ritch 2012 Follow my shit if you think I'm cool
    http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...-Starting-Over

Following for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    That's awesome girly! I'm gonna be running a log too. I've got a couple questions for you...for one what dose are you planning on running? Two, have you ever used t-bol before? The reason I ask is because halodrol is CDMA, the prohormone precursor to tbol. This is pretty interesting. Keep us up to date, I'll be following along!

I'm not sure what my dosage will be. Scott (s2h) is guiding me. I think one a day. I'll also be running Advanced Cycle Support along with some basics like fish oil, glucosamine/condriotin and Liv52 for extra measure. (fish oil and glucosamine just because my joints are achey)

I've never run t-bol or halodol. In fact, I've never used any pro-hormones before.
    Last edited by GirlyMuscle; 01-20-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Looking forward to your log gm...the mystery log is nice...but i think this open log will help the ladies gain more information and education on the compound...

RX MEMBER

From Jason Rowland

Characteristics

Halodrol is a 17aa steroid that converts to the steroid oral Turinabol after interaction with 3b-HSD at an estimated rate of about 5%.
    Because of this low conversion, doses must be higher than other 17aa pro-steroids. However, it is suspected that Halodrol has decent potency without conversion as good results are seen despite the relatively low conversion to Turinabol. Based on Vida’s data Halodrol appears to be about as potent as testosterone, and significantly less androgenic.
    Because of the 4-chloro group, halodrol has no progestational effects, it cannot interact with the aromatase enzyme, and it produces inactive 4-chloro-DHT metabolites. This makes androgenic side-effects such as*hair loss, high blood pressure, acne and prostate enlargement less likely. Anecdotal reports would also have us believe that side-effects with this compound are fairly mild.
    Although caution would still need to be had, the low androgenic value of this compound would also make it one of the more appropriate anabolic steroids for women wishing increase lean mass yet avoid a deeper voice, increased hair growth, acne and clitoral growth. (Oral Turinabol was actually the preferred steroid for Olympic female athletes in East Germany)
    The lack of androgenic potency might be expected to create problems with gyno, however the low SHBG binding affinity has minimal interference with SHBG levels and/or freely circuiting estrogen and testosterone. It does not appear that halodrol has a significant gyno risk.
    Because halodrol must be used at such a high dose to see noticeable effects, liver toxicity may become an issue. Therefore it is recommended to use a*liver protecting supplement*before and during halodrol cycles.
    Gains from Halodrol generally take a few weeks to notice, but users can expect solid increases in strength, lean muscle mass, improved vascularity and minimal water retention. This allows some of the gains to be kept after the cycle if good diet and training are continued. Quick dramatic gains in size and strength are not generally noticed with Halodrol.
    It is used successfully as a standalone, but would be expected to stack well with most other steroids, except 17aa oral due to*liver toxicity concerns.
    Last edited by TheABomb; 01-20-2012 at 12:30 PM.

I'm in and will be following along for sure!

Seated Pulley Row (240) - HOLY CRAP girl!! IMPRESSIVE PR number!

Do you have a contest in your sights or just gonna put in the hours and see where it takes ya?
    ~Lorrie ~ Mediocrity is NOT an option! ~

Quote Originally Posted by TheABomb View Post
    From Jason Rowland

Characteristics

Halodrol is a 17aa steroid that converts to the steroid oral Turinabol after interaction with 3b-HSD at an estimated rate of about 5%.
    Because of this low conversion, doses must be higher than other 17aa pro-steroids. However, it is suspected that Halodrol has decent potency without conversion as good results are seen despite the relatively low conversion to Turinabol. Based on Vida’s data Halodrol appears to be about as potent as testosterone, and significantly less androgenic.
    Because of the 4-chloro group, halodrol has no progestational effects, it cannot interact with the aromatase enzyme, and it produces inactive 4-chloro-DHT metabolites. This makes androgenic side-effects such as*hair loss, high blood pressure, acne and prostate enlargement less likely. Anecdotal reports would also have us believe that side-effects with this compound are fairly mild.
    Although caution would still need to be had, the low androgenic value of this compound would also make it one of the more appropriate anabolic steroids for women wishing increase lean mass yet avoid a deeper voice, increased hair growth, acne and clitoral growth. (Oral Turinabol was actually the preferred steroid for Olympic female athletes in East Germany)
    The lack of androgenic potency might be expected to create problems with gyno, however the low SHBG binding affinity has minimal interference with SHBG levels and/or freely circuiting estrogen and testosterone. It does not appear that halodrol has a significant gyno risk.
    Because halodrol must be used at such a high dose to see noticeable effects, liver toxicity may become an issue. Therefore it is recommended to use a*liver protecting supplement*before and during halodrol cycles.
    Gains from Halodrol generally take a few weeks to notice, but users can expect solid increases in strength, lean muscle mass, improved vascularity and minimal water retention. This allows some of the gains to be kept after the cycle if good diet and training are continued. Quick dramatic gains in size and strength are not generally noticed with Halodrol.
    It is used successfully as a standalone, but would be expected to stack well with most other steroids, except 17aa oral due to*liver toxicity concerns.
    no ph/ds thread would be complete without your contribution...thanks for your service and time...

Just to have a starting point tonight I went to the gym and did deadlifts (previous PR 305x1).

1x12@135
    1x8@185
    1x5@225
    1x5@245
    1x1@265

10 mins on the arc trainer just to stretch a little.
    Last edited by GirlyMuscle; 01-20-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Thats some nice wieght pulled gm...

Really? I don't even know what's respectable these days. lol

Thats very respectable.....

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast