I’ve been doing a lot of research on planned overreaching. The concept is to strategically over train muscle groups so that you can then back off of those muscle groups and allow the body to super compensate which will give you more growth than traditional work outs. It is essentially taking one step back to take steps forward. I’ve identified my areas that are in need of improvement before my next competition as my chest and shoulders. I feel these are very synergistic even though I usually train them on different days. I’ve found plans for overreaching on arms, legs and a little on chest but nothing I particularly liked. So I took info from all of them looked at muscle group size and decided on the format below. I will go 3 weeks of all-out effort and then 1 week of deload for 4 week cycle that could be repeated of decent results are seen. Figured I’d get some hints or tips from people on here who might done something similar in the past or just provide another training possibility to others. Let me know what you think and how you might improve it.

Monday
Bench Press - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8
DB Incline Press - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8
Decline Bench - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8
Vertical Press Machine - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8
Leaning Cable Lateral Raise - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8
Reverse Pec Deck - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8

Wednesday
Bench Press - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8
DB Incline Press - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8
Decline Bench - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8
Leaning Cable Lateral Raise - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8
Reverse Pec Deck - reps scheme: 20/15/12/8
Barbell Front Raise - reps scheme: 3 x 15
*I dropped one exercise from chest and added it to front (anterior) delts because the front delt is getting less work because of less chest volume

Friday
Bench Press - reps scheme: 20/15/12
DB Incline Press - reps scheme: 20/15/12
Decline Bench - reps scheme: 20/15/12
Leaning Cable Lateral Raise - reps scheme: 20/15/12
Reverse Pec Deck - reps scheme: 20/15/12
Barbell Front Raise - reps scheme: 2 x 15
*I dropped one set from each exercise so the volume is lower on the third day of training.

My reasoning for the sets and reps is working all rep ranges to hit both types of fibers, to allow for sufficient warm up, and dropping volume toward the end of the weeks since I should be heading for that overtraining goal. I then have 72 hours off (weekend) before I hit hard again on Monday. However on week 2 and 3 will change either exercises or order of exercises. Week 4 is the original Monday workout with lighter weights (Deload).