Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink Carrierapp's Training Journal

Hello everyone! It's good to be here! Some backstory on myself...

I was always active in sports when I was younger, competing in basketball, volleyball, softball and track. So pretty much all year long, that kept me fit and active. And then I went to college.....lol! Freshman 15? Hah! More like freshman....60! I was wanting to get involved with a sport that would be a good fit for me, and keep me active and fit. In 2005, after a short 9 month taste of bodybuilding, I stepped on stage at a college show and I KNEW this sport was for me! After that, and after I graduated college, I fell off the wagon and gained over 100lbs...
    Fast forward to April of 2009, when I decided enough was enough(and had been asked twice in 2 weeks by 2 different people, "When are you due?"...DOH! LOL!) I had my sights set on competing in the 2010 OCB Mr/Ms Indiana, and despite the fact that my conditioning wasn't as good as it could have been, I lost over 105lbs(Isn't that an Olsen twin?) and stepped onstage at 196, placing 3rd to 2 women that were in MUCH better conditioning than I. But at that time, it was more about stepping onstage, getting the experience, but I vowed to come in much better shape. In 2011, after much more intense prep and dieting(smarter too!) I stepped onstage at the Indiana State/Hoosier Muscle Classic and placed 2nd and 3rd, respectively. After chatting with the judges, it was clear, across the board that while my conditioning was spot on and appreciated, that I needed more mass. And thats what I've been working on in the "offseason" since the last show. I have my focus set on prepping for the 2012 Jr USA and competing in bodybuilding, heavyweight. I've been told and its been suggested by many people that I should consider physique, and thats cool. Its just that when I started into this, nearly 3 years ago, there was no division such as physique yet, and while its not out of the question, I'd like to maybe wait and see how the classes are placing and go from there!
    As far as training goes, I have a 6 day a week split right now, as I am training with and helping my boyfriend get ready for the Arnold Amateur. The split goes like this...
    Sunday-Chest and calves
    Monday-Hamstrings and abs
    Tuesday-Delts and calves
    Wednesday-Quads and abs
    Thursday-Arms and calves
    Friday-Back and abs
    Saturday-"OFF", 1 hour of cardio, posing, abs and calves

For cardio I do it first thing in the morning, before any food(but usually with coffee), and right now, I do 45 minutes of brisk walking, combined with some jogging. I also do 25 minutes of post workout cardio on a stationary bike. I'll pose for 10 minutes after my workouts too. I get in at least a half gallon of water a day, and also like the G2 from Gatorade. A fairly typical day of meals for me right now looks like this...
    Meal 1- 2/3rd c oatmeal or 1 cup Cream of Rice with Equal, and 5 hard boiled eggs
    Meal 2- Protein shake
    Meal 3- Tuna, tilapia, or chicken with brown rice, a stalk of celery and about 2 cups of lettuce
    Meal 4- Protein shake
    Meal 5- Same as meal 3
    Meal 6- Protein shake

Right now, I'll also add in 1 or 2 plain, salt free rice cakes between meals, with 1 TB of natural PB, and possibly a serving of plain almonds or peanuts(I chew them up REALLY well) I'll also add in either a like raspberry vinagertte or Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing with my lettuce.

I'm currently 185.4 as of this morning, and I am 6' tall(though I've been that way since the 5th grade, LOL!). My measurements are 40-30-41, with 14 3/4" biceps, 25" quads, and 16" calves.

For training, in example, yesterday was chest and abs, and this is how it went-

Incline DB press- Warmup set with 40s, 15 reps, then 4 working sets, each done with 10-12 rep range. 45/50/50/55
    Incline press with Smith Machine( I positioned myself with the bar "hitting" my chest a little lower. I don't actually let it touch my chest, but I play with the angles and feel it hits my chest differently if I place myself differently.....um...duh. :P
    Chest press with Hammerstrength machine- I like that each arm moves independently, as it gives me a chance to both work each side together, or focus a little more on one side if its weaker. With this I did 3 sets, first two doing 12-15 reps using 90lbs and focusing on the squeeze, and the third set using 140lbs, still focusing on squeeze, but reps were 10-12.
    And the last exercise was cable crossovers, using 20lbs on a side, 12-15 reps, concentrating on the contraction. I like to touch the insides of my wrists together, while keeping my arms close to my body. I have found that it personally helps me get a really good squeeze. For chest, I'll stretch directly after each set, and then immediately flex my chest like I'm posing. I only wait about the amount of time it takes my partner to finish his set, and then I'm back on it!
    For abs, there are a lot of exercises that I can do, but I like to mix it up. I'll do decline abs, cable pulldown crunches, Roman chair, pullover crunches using a machine, and hanging abs. I usually get in 6-8 sets of abs, performing 12-15 reps a set.
    I'm trying to think of anything else I can add, but thats what I have for now! I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community and helping to support and share with others!

Big SMILES and BIGGER MUSCLES,
    Carrie

YEAY welcome!!! I just started training journals a couple weeks ago myself! Love Love that you are sticking with bodybuilding and KUDOS to mass gaining on a females 6' frame, that is a lot o work! Love your dedication!! And being a resident of the midwest myself I think it is cool to get to know more of the female competitors in my area!! Looking forward to more posts from you and BIG BEST Wishes to your man at the Arnold Amateur!!

Hey Carrie! Congrats on deciding to start a training journal here. The ladies here are awesome for advice and support. I noticed OCB in your post and I compete in figure in the OCB. Props for sticking with bbing AND for nailing your conditioning, girl! Will be following along...looking forward to seeing more workouts!
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

IFBB PRO, Bros V Pros X Champion The Prodigy's Avatar

Welcome to RX Girl! SO glad you are here!

following along for the ride!!

welcome. good workout weights!
    ProNutriFit.com - personal online training and nutrition

PENCILNECK

Hi! I am following too. I started my own training journal. I like the non-judgemental types here. Refreshing.

Hello all and THANK YOU for the welcome!

Yesterday was hamstrings, forearms, abs with posing and 25 minutes of cardio on a stationary bike. Also, I forgot to mention, that I have been keeping the RPMs at least at 90, and the level at 7, changing up the intensity and adding in sprints if I want to up the intensity.
    Hamstrings-
    Glute-Ham Raises- 4 sets of 10-failure I like to mix up the tempo for added fun!
    Stiff legged deadlifts- Today we did these while standing on a bench, and in retrospect it probably isn't the optimal way for me to perform sld, but it was a change. 4 sets of 6-failure
    Lying db curls-4 sets with 70lb, mix up slow and steady with a quicker pace.
    ----
    Reverse grip curl- 2 sets with 40lb, 2 sets with 50lb
    Hammer curls-3 sets with 30lb to failure
    ----
    cable ab pulldowns, hanging crunches, decline abs, Roman chair, pullover crunch

And today was delts!!!

Standing overhead press-1 warm up set w/bar. 100 x 10, 110 x 10, 115 x 10, 120 x 8
    Arnold press-3 sets w 35lb x 10
    Lateral raises with a low set cable- 3 sets with 20lbs x 10
    Rear flys on machine- 3 sets 100lbs x 8-10, concentrating on slow and squeeeeeeezey.
    ----
    Seated horizontal calf raises/press- 50 reps with 315, stopping once for 10 seconds to slap and stretch my legs. I then dropped a 45lb plate off each side and did another 50 reps, again stopping about midway to slap and stretch my calves.

I have my first photo shoot tomorrow(or later today, rather!) and I am SO jazzed! OK, sleep is in order at some point...heading off to dreamland....

Nice training! Hope you had fun at your photo shoot.

Thanks, Sunny! I was a nervous wreck beforehand!!! But quickly got into my groove and really enjoyed it!
    So today was quads and abs.
    Heres what I did-
    Leg press(feet together and heels just barely off the bottom, staying on my toes and keeping my legs squeezed together. 1 wu set for 15 reps with 315, 2 sets with 405 x 10, and 2 sets with 495 for 8-10
    Squat-(light day) wu w/90 for 15, 1 set with 135 for 15, 2 sets with 115 for 15. Concentrated on contraction and going slow pace.
    Seated leg extensions- 1 set with 115 for 10, 2 sets with 130 for 10 and 1 set with 145 for 10.
    For abs, I did 6 sets with at least 15 reps per exercise. Cable pulldowns crunches, hanging abs, roman chair, decline abs

And today was my first photo shoot! Here is a shot from the shoot(lets hope I can figure out how to post it! LOL!)

Carrie 1039.jpg
    Tomorrow is arm and calf day! Workin' on da big guns! LOL! and....big calves....MOO, BABY...MOOOOOOOO!!!

Looking pretty good! How far you are from the Jrs? As you have good conditioning....

Good Morning!(or afternoon...or evening....depending on where you are reading this from! LOL!)

I am just over 15 weeks out from Junior USA. My morning cardio has slowed down some, to maybe 3-4 days a week, due to how I'm currently looking. I'm still doing the 25 minutes of postworkout cardio and on Saturdays(which are my "off" days now) I'll do 1 hour of cardio in the morning before food. Just a quick little update, more later after my training! Thank you for following along with me on my journey!

x2! Lookin' good, girl!

So for 15 weeks out you look better than me 5 weeks out LOL Good work girl!

Thank you, Lada! I've surprized even myself! Really! I know how cheesy that sounds, but coming from being a big girl for a while, I "got used" to seeing myself big and it wasn't until last summer, at the Indiana show, when I was walking downtown and passed by a reflective windowed building and saw myself, did I have full recognition. I know that may sound weird to say, but I wondered who that chick was for about half a second! LOL! I think that one of the most touching moments I've had so far was after the OCB show in Sep '10, when a very overweight woman approached me after the show with tears in her eyes, saying she was right where I was before I started, and that "I" gave her the hope and inspiration that she could do it too. Ladies and gents, it had me so emotional! To know that I've motivated and inspried just ONE person to living and working a life of better and good health was an indescribably wonderful feeling!!!
    And now for what I've been doing lately-
    On Friday, it was "Arms Day"....(I giggle a little bit whenever I refer to it that way)
    Tricep pushdowns-70lbs x 15, 80 x 10
    Cross bench dip(partner assist)- Now this looks really funny if you are watching me and my partner train, I need to get a video someday. With him being 5'4" and me being 6', it is quite the sight. :P I usually get at least 12-15 reps with no assist and depending on how much pressure he applies, I'll get 10-12 reps
    Overhead tricep press- 80lbs for 10-failure, 80-failure
    Single arm extensions- 30lb x 12, 35 x 10, 35- failure
    Standing bb w/EZ curl- 65lb x 10, 75 x 10, 75 x 10, 85 x 8
    Preacher curl-45lbs x 10, 45 x 10, 55 x 8
    Standing db curls- 30lbs x 10-12, 30 x 10-12, 30-failure
    Seated calf raises- 90lbs x 50
    Standing calf raises- 180 x 50
    Then I did 1 burnout set of standing with no weight with my heels off the edge of an elevated platform.
    Yesterday was my "off" day, meaning I went in, did 1 hour of cardio. I split it up into 3 segments of 20 min. First on a recumbent bike, 2nd 20 on a treadmill @4mph and back to recumbent for the last 20. Except for about 7 minutes of warmup, I kept the rpms on the bike to at least 90.

Today is chest day! YAY!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast