Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    For BB you need:

1) Pre-Judge:
    Plain suit - no decoration. Additionally, no jewelry, etc except basics like a wedding ring. Anecdotally, darker colors are more common. This also helps if you get tanning stuff on them - doesn't show as much.
    (it should probably outline this in the requirements / application form from your show's promoter)

2) Night show:
    This can be fancier - here's where you could conceivably wear the same type suit as a figure competitor. Doesn't hav to be as decorated up, or could even be the same suit as you wear in the morning. Depends on how much you want to spend on suits.

cool, thanks sass. i dont have much to spend on suits, so thats good news.

what kinds of refeeds do you ladies do usually?

Also wondering...do u ladies tend to weigh a bit more after a refeed??? I just weighed in at 6 lbs. More thani did Saturday morning, wtf??? Is that ok?

Quote Originally Posted by mattie o View Post
    Also wondering...do u ladies tend to weigh a bit more after a refeed??? I just weighed in at 6 lbs. More thani did Saturday morning, wtf??? Is that ok?
    of course you do

your glycogen is refilled (muscles fill out)
    you usually hold water after refeed

but the following week weight has usually dropped lower then before the refeed

and weight is not the only indicator of getting leaner for jr nats 2007 the scale only changed 3lbs but i was significantly leaner

Repeat .. RULE #1 of competition prep - throw out your scale!!!!!!!!

You can check it as a number - but remember that that number can only represent the sum total of your bones, your bodyfat, your lean muscle mass and WATER. Any time you see dramatic changes in weight over a very short period of time, ITS WATER. Look at what you ate or any break in the consistency of your training / cardio / sleep and you might see it reflected in the amount of water you hare holding / dumping.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

*sigh*...i know. i think deep down we all know i knew the answer to this question, but you know when your tired, hungry, sore, etc, its sorta nice for other peeps to confirm... but 7 lbs does seem excessive...hmm.

the other thing i probably wasnt thinking about was that i tend to have a problem with being regular...so that might be a factor as well.

good news is, i did chest and back this morning at 5 am, and it was a GREAT lift! woot!

*sigh*...i know. i think deep down we all know i knew the answer to this question, but you know when your tired, hungry, sore, etc, its sorta nice for other peeps to confirm... but 7 lbs does seem excessive...hmm.

the other thing i probably wasnt thinking about was that i tend to have a problem with being regular...so that might be a factor as well.

good news is, i did chest and back this morning at 5 am, and it was a GREAT lift! woot!
    You might try including a cap-form colon cleanse w/ your daily supps or a good fiber powder. I would suggest that you take note of how your body responds to the different phases of your prep. Now that you've gone thru 1 refeed and you see a 7lb gain (water), next watch how the scale changes over the next 3-4 days as you go back to the lower cal / carb cycle of your diet - the water will get assimilated back into your system and you should see the scale drop back to where it was roughly before you did the carb up. Then you should see another bump up of about 7 lb when you do the next one. If it happens to coincide w/ "that time of the month" it might be alittle more dramatic due to the estrogen component.

But yes, anywhere from 5-10 lb swing in water weight is not that uncommon.

I would also change your view of carb up days from "OMG the scale went up 7 lb" to "I just uber-fueled! Let's use put this to use in the gym for an incredibly intense workout session!" You should notice some killer lifts in the gym after a good refeed! Every part of a diet has a purpose, so it helps to embrace that purpose instead of "feeling bad" about it. Sure it takes a little mental reworking to dissociate yourself from "fear of gaining weight" and focus on what you are trying to accomplish. That will always override previous perceptions of "how your body is" at any given moment because the only moment that matters is that day on stage. Everything else is just a phase you are passign thru to get there. And those phases all have their own schedule - as I said above - you cant' expect a linear drop in weight - its more important to look at the different phases of your program, and you can acknowledge the micro-level changes (e.g. daily weight change in response to your body's degree of water retention at that moment due to diet change, sleep, stress, etc) but pay attention to the overall trends in how you look, how your clothes fit, how you feel, strength in the gym... and then maybe consider the "importance" of whatever the scale reads. Its so far down the list of "measures of progress" do NOT let it mindfuck you.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Don't worry about holding water after a re-feed, it'll be gone in 2-3 days
    Also, if you haven;t got much to spend on suits, consider getting one second-hand, or if you want something to keep you occupied in the evenings whilst you're hungry, you could try blinging one up yourself for the evening show

Competing - such a brain frazz...

just saying "hi" and so happy to find this thread... been living on the keto thread for the past few weeks... but like being with you girls

I'm on week 4 of the keto cut... been an experience so far. Sticking with it - glad to hear my scale is not the only one not moving LoL
    I look and feel better - clothes much looser but the damn scale is same if not 1 lb heavier since 2 weeks ago! I threw it away already - don't worry - ran over it a few times... set it on fire!!!

PENCILNECK

[quote=amy13;820450]just saying "hi" and so happy to find this thread... been living on the keto thread for the past few weeks... but like being with you girls

I'm on week 4 of the keto cut... been an experience so far. Sticking with it - glad to hear my scale is not the only one not moving LoL
    I look and feel better - clothes much looser but the damn scale is same if not 1 lb heavier since 2 weeks ago! I threw it away already - don't worry - ran over it a few times... set it on fire!!![/quote]

Good for you, the scale is a TOTAL mindfuck!!

The first time I did keto I was sooooo obsesive, like weighing myself every day, sometimes twice a day. I think this was because I had no idea how to diet correctly for my body, and thought the lbs lost was the reward for all my hard work (at that time it was the starvation and endless high intensity cardio...needless to say it wasted away my muscle).

After I finished 16 weeks I was completely blown away at the transformation (fat loss and muscle retention) of my body...

I know that keto isn't for everyone, but it worked wonders for me and helped me understand my body and it's strengths & weaknesses.

Love this diet thread! My situtation is a bit different and I hope there is someone that may have some good advice...I am going to be doing my first comp in Sept. I just had my third baby this past August. I am a nursing mom and I started the keto Jan. 1st. I have noticed a bit of a dip in my milk production the past couple of weeks. I did nurse my two other kids as well so I know that this isn't the norm for me but I am wondering if I should just experiment with the diet since I have a some time before Sept? Maybe add oatmeal 3 days a week at first to see if it makes a difference? Anyone have any experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by sexymilf View Post
    Love this diet thread! My situtation is a bit different and I hope there is someone that may have some good advice...I am going to be doing my first comp in Sept. I just had my third baby this past August. I am a nursing mom and I started the keto Jan. 1st. I have noticed a bit of a dip in my milk production the past couple of weeks. I did nurse my two other kids as well so I know that this isn't the norm for me but I am wondering if I should just experiment with the diet since I have a some time before Sept? Maybe add oatmeal 3 days a week at first to see if it makes a difference? Anyone have any experience with this?
    i don't think keto is the best choice for a nursing mom
    i dont' not feel any overly restrictive nutrition should be used when pregnant or nursing

I agree w/Suzanne the keto is not good for nursing women and you are not geting a full spectrum of nutrients to your baby do to the lack of carbs.Either do keto and botttle feed or breast feed and get on a normal well balanced diet!

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    i don't think keto is the best choice for a nursing mom
    i dont' not feel any overly restrictive nutrition should be used when pregnant or nursing
    ^^^^agreed 100% You need a certain amount of calories and nutrients for your milk supply. You have 8 months, which is long ways down the road. Are you planning on weaning your baby anytime soon?

I think you are right. it has only been a few weeks so I think my milk supply should be fine once I resume a normal diet. I was hoping to get a jumpstart on this lingering pregnancy weight but hopefully the continued cardio and training (along with nursing) will really get things moving. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by musclemilf View Post
    ^^^^agreed 100% You need a certain amount of calories and nutrients for your milk supply. You have 8 months, which is long ways down the road. Are you planning on weaning your baby anytime soon?
    No not weaning anytime soon. You are absolutely right about the nutrients. I just thought about trying to get this stubborn pregnancy weight off a bit faster but certainly not at the expense of my son's growth! Well i have only been on keto for a few weeks so I know my supply will build back up once I add those carbs again! Thanks for the reality check!

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast