Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

So far, thank you for your opinions....

Crossfitters aren't "athletes". Working out isn't a sport.
    Use discount code BARRETT15 = 15% off for the best bodybuilding supplements at IronMagLabs.com

I used to do this routine alot back in the day....it's sorta crossfit like.

if anyone wants to do crossfit shit...i say try rosstraining.com ...not so much barbell and wiggly jiggle pullups.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    But pulling trucks and carrying rocks is?

OK, I will rant a bit here.....I am a Bodybuilder, my contention has always been this. I could train someone with my movements and make them BETTER at crossfit.....but crossfit would not make me a better Bodybuilder.

How you ask?? If your WOD involves air squats like alot do , usually 100 air squats, if I can train you to squat 315 for 20 reps don't you think 100 air squats should be a breeze? They are, I have made most Army guys I know who do Crossfit for PT look silly when we do air squats for time.

Overhead pressing......If I can military 225 for 20 reps strict and I can train you to do it don't you think the 135 over head lifts alot of WODs incorporate would be easier? Handstand pushups....please, I can use 110 DBs for military press, I only weigh 185....you do the math?

I watch my diet and do cardio to get rripped for a contest......crossfit might "Rip you up" but it would be at the expense of the workouts that maintain my muscle mass. There fore crossfit will not make me a better Bodybuilder but MOST of what I do would make you a better crossfitter.....of course I have been doing this for 33 years now?

Does any of that make sense?
    Last edited by swingslammer; 03-14-2012 at 04:37 PM.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    OK, I will rant a bit here.....I am a Bodybuilder, my contention has always been this. I could train someone with my movements and make them BETTER at crossfit.....but crossfit would not make me a better Bodybuilder.

How you ask?? If your WOD involves air squats like alot do , usually 100 air squats, if I can train you to squat 315 for 20 reps don't you think 100 air squats should be a breeze? They are, I have made most Army guys I know who do Crossfit for PT look silly when we do air squats for time.

Overhead pressing......If I can military 225 for 20 reps strict and I can train you to do it don't you think the 135 over head lifts alot of WODs incorporate would be easier? Handstand pushups....please, I can use 110 DBs for military press, I only weigh 185....you do the math?

I watch my diet and do cardio to get rripped for a contest......crossfit might "Rip you up" but it would be at the expense of the workouts that maintain my muscle mass. There fore crossfit will not make me a better Bodybuilder but MOST of what I do would make you a better crossfitter.....of course I have been doing this for 33 years now?

BB sole purpose is hypertrophy, CF is supposedly strength and conditioning numbers in BB are irrelevant

i dont think CF has ever had interest in BB
    Last edited by mrmister; 03-14-2012 at 05:09 PM.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    they why are BBr portrayed as athletes

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by retwa View Post
    Yep, that's one example of a bodybuilder doing shitty 'chins'.
    dont many BBr claim that rom is relative?

I am just saying I could TRAIN someone to be better at crossfit.....agree or disagree?

I am not even SAYING that Bodybuilding is better than Crossfit........but I have had more than a few tell me "Crossfit would be better for me"?

This question is for Mr Mister by the way.

The majority of BB can't do 315 for 20 or 225 for 20 as they are not currently trained for it. It would not take us but 4-6 weeks to get conditioned for it, while the average CFer would take months. 225 for 20 is stout numbers for strict OHP.

I agree with training for those type of numbers as they are a hell of a lot more functional than 100 at BW or even 3 at 450 in many circumstances. The better CFit boxes do get the idea that improved strength will correlate to improved functional movements in their WOD. Ours runs 5, 3, 1 for the main lifts at least 1/2 the year. It really depends on the owner of the box as to the character. Some are more running oriented, some Oly, some strength, some gymnastics...

Their are certainly WODs out there that are strength related, such as the Bear Complex, but those are almost never posted on BB forums as people want to watch the sillyness of butterfly pullups.

My experience has been that CFit is a better match for the runner, triathlete, skiier, mountain biker type. I would still put an intensive strongman program as maybe a bit more in the realm of BB
    Last edited by Big Sky Guy; 03-14-2012 at 06:41 PM.

I am just saying I could TRAIN someone to be better at crossfit.....agree or disagree?

I am not even SAYING that Bodybuilding is better than Crossfit........but I have had more than a few tell me "Crossfit would be better for me"?

This question is for Mr Mister by the way.
    I slightly agree and disagree..do barbell squats help with bodyweight squats? yes
    Does that mean some barbell junkie who squats 8 reps with 3 or 4 plates can reach a 100 perfect bw squats with ease? nooo...but it's possible.

Will make crossfit make you a better bodybuilder? I think doing a couple crossfit orientated sessions for 6-8 weeks, along with your regular weight routine (lower volume perhaps) could help you break through plateau. Like the endurance aspect and digging deep down inside yourself to get that last rep. For an IFBB pro though, they need to maintain size. Natural Bodybuilders could benefit more i think.

You could always do what jay has done with Pilates and Boxing. It could give you the same benefit i mentioned above.

basically get your ass moving your heart pounding and lots more stretching....

RX MEMBER

i agree to an extent

Overhead pressing......If I can military 225 for 20 reps strict
    If these are full range reps with no push that's very impressive . Can you post a quick video of this ? Thanks .

In wrestling Hindu squats ( no weight, just quick level change all the way down n up ) are used for conditioning . I typically just do 500 along with hindu pushups . I m not a powerlifter but was squatting 500 for sets of 10 reps and the 500 non stop hindu squats were and are very very challenging to me @ 240 to lb . I also was using 175 lb dumbells for inclines for good full reps and 250 indian hindu pushups are extremely challenging for me and still are today . Of course weight has a lot to do with it..if under 200 it's not as hard but I don't think too many strongmen can bang out 100 hindu pushups...or even 50 for that matter . Everything has a purpose...or should at least . In wrestling , or sports in general movement is KEY, because nothing is fixed.. the opponent or body is always moving. The athletes body will twist , bend and shift all over during sports ( specifically combat grappling or wrestling) . If I just maintained by Bodybuilding training without incoorporating anything else I would've been injured fairly quickly and I definitely wouldn't be as capable.

I support bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman like most here, but I also realize there are many ways to a finish line. The best thing one can do is try something...if it works great, if not leave it behind or modify it and try again.

Regardless, That Military Press is very impressive . f you can get a vid that would be great to see.
    Last edited by KTTraining; 03-14-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTTraining View Post
    If these are full range reps with no push that's very impressive . Can you post a quick video of this ? Thanks .

In wrestling Hindu squats ( no weight, just quick level change all the way down n up ) are used for conditioning . I typically just do 500 along with hindu pushups . I m not a powerlifter but was squatting 500 for sets of 10 reps and the 500 non stop hindu squats were and are very very challenging to me @ 240 to lb . I also was using 175 lb dumbells for inclines for good full reps and 250 indian hindu pushups are extremely challenging for me and still are today . Of course weight has a lot to do with it..if under 200 it's not as hard but I don't think too many strongmen can bang out 100 hindu pushups...or even 50 for that matter . Everything has a purpose...or should at least . In wrestling , or sports in general movement is KEY, because nothing is fixed.. the opponent or body is always moving. The athletes body will twist , bend and shift all over during sports ( specifically combat grappling or wrestling) . If I just maintained by Bodybuilding training without incoorporating anything else I would've been injured fairly quickly and I definitely wouldn't be as capable.

I support bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman like most here, but I also realize there are many ways to a finish line. The best thing one can do is try something...if it works great, if not leave it behind or modify it and try again.

Regardless, That Military Press is very impressive . f you can get a vid that would be great to see.
    hindu squats for life! hindu pushups are good for improving your fuck game! get balls deep with every rep!

haha, looks funny no doubt but great for many reasons. Do you do Them ? I do another version that's a combination of the two,.. Great muscular n cardiovascular endurance .

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast