NOVICE

Default HST and Overtraining

I have been training for around 10 years and 4 of them have been reasonably serious lol.

I have always followed the body building exercises in the mags (4-5day splits) until recently where I did a 5x5 and gained INSANE strength. I have kinda peaked and went through some old papers I have and found HST. Since I like being strong but I think I need to maintain size through this cut I was wondering what your thoughts were on a 3 day split of HST with HIIT in the form of sprints, and oly lifts? I know HST taxes the CNS quite a bit because of full body workouts every other day, if I add in something like a dynamic clean/pull day I would be taxing it even further.
    Does anyone have any experience with running this type of training protocol?

Banned

yes, it's a great thing to do that.

PENCILNECK

Thank you so much for the post.

Last edited by Riley103; 04-10-2012 at 04:36 AM.

NOVICE

short update. I actually been doing exactly this. But instead of the "clean/pull day" I do a xfit metcon using lighter weight and doing more rounds. Basically hiit with weights/sprinting. Working out pretty well actually. Just for anyone who was interested in the theory.

PENCILNECK

Thank you so much for the post Click here to find more

http://www.dreacustomdesigns.com/win...balloon-shades You can get a lot of help from here as well.