Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    20409

    Default If Branch ever wins the Olympia

    I dont know how the BB will recover, even his apologists admit he isnt aesthetically appealing but lets not forget that BB is a pageant

  2. #2
    ASC Pro Strongman Ryan Bracewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kingwood, TX
    Posts
    3,865
    Rep Power
    1097593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmister View Post
    I dont know how the BB will recover, even his apologists admit he isnt aesthetically appealing but lets not forget that BB is a pageant
    That's right it's a pageant and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

  3. #3
    BigDawg Dre23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,528
    Rep Power
    325198

    Default

    It will go on just like it always has.

    Simple as that.




  4. #4
    Gym Mechanic seanmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Devon England UK
    Posts
    1,847
    Rep Power
    158956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dre23 View Post
    It will go on just like it always has.

    Simple as that.
    End of thread!!!

  5. #5
    Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,492
    Rep Power
    2147671

    Default

    ^^^^^^^Ditto^^^^^^^^^


    Now it is the end of the thread!

  6. #6
    PHOTO NINJA Matt Knappick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney-Australia
    Posts
    1,592
    Rep Power
    287365

    Default

    One word answer..............Yates.

  7. #7
    Forum Leader Schmidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Penrith, Sydney Australia
    Posts
    1,283
    Rep Power
    124984

    Default

    He aint beating Phil.
    Last edited by Schmidy; 03-25-2012 at 01:30 AM.

  8. #8
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,042
    Rep Power
    96889

    Default

    I think Olympia has traditionally been about the biggest bodybuilder but I'm no expert.

  9. #9
    OLYMPIAN LookImDancinCrazy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    220138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by data View Post
    I think Olympia has traditionally been about the biggest bodybuilder but I'm no expert.
    Samir was not the biggest, or Dickerson certainly. Zane was seriously outmuscled by the other top contenders. Oliva lost to Arnold despite being significantly bigger pound for pound.

  10. #10
    OLYMPIAN LookImDancinCrazy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    220138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dre23 View Post
    It will go on just like it always has.

    Simple as that.
    by progressively marginalizing itself as an extreme sport in which a continually smaller percentage of the general population is interested. yes it will go on just like that.

    In the late 70's our top show was broadcast on network television sports broadcasts. Even as late as '86 and '87 our shows managed to get on ESPN. Now even our pro BB shows cannot even draw enough of an audience to make money for promoters. We have to package our shows with other pursuits like fitness, physique, bikini, et al to make events financially viable.

  11. #11
    RX MEMBER RickRock13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    11225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LookImDancinCrazy! View Post
    Samir was not the biggest, or Dickerson certainly. Zane was seriously outmuscled by the other top contenders. Oliva lost to Arnold despite being significantly bigger pound for pound.
    This^^

    It is and always will be about aesthetics, and not about who is the biggest. It is the reason that Arnold won so many, and also the reason that Branch will not see one

  12. #12
    OLYMPIAN data4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Delaware, Ohio
    Posts
    5,305
    Rep Power
    500231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmister View Post
    I dont know how the BB will recover, even his apologists admit he isnt aesthetically appealing but lets not forget that BB is a pageant
    Give the whole "I hate Branch" thing a rest. You havenst stopped since the Arnold.
    Strength and Nutrition Coach --- INOV8 Elite Performance


  13. #13
    RX MEMBER Hydroshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,098
    Rep Power
    308519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    It is and always will be about aesthetics, and not about who is the biggest. It is the reason that Arnold won so many
    sergio was infinitely more "aesthetic" than arnold.
    arnold knew the mind games and had the connections.
    not saying arnold didn't deserve it, but just comparing physique against physique, sergio had the upperhand.

  14. #14
    OLYMPIAN Johnny Bravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vikington, Scandinavia
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    374737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LookImDancinCrazy! View Post
    by progressively marginalizing itself as an extreme sport in which a continually smaller percentage of the general population is interested. yes it will go on just like that.

    In the late 70's our top show was broadcast on network television sports broadcasts. Even as late as '86 and '87 our shows managed to get on ESPN. Now even our pro BB shows cannot even draw enough of an audience to make money for promoters. We have to package our shows with other pursuits like fitness, physique, bikini, et al to make events financially viable.
    The 2001 Mr Olympia was shown on Fox Sports Net if I remember correctly.
    I like women with curves: Sweep, abs and pec/delt tie-in.

  15. #15
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,007
    Rep Power
    60340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmister View Post
    I dont know how the BB will recover, even his apologists admit he isnt aesthetically appealing but lets not forget that BB is a pageant
    Just read that BB is about drugs so it is possible...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •