Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    The Engineer: GAT Lead Rep lastson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by data4 View Post
    As much as I was looking forward to seeing you do that show I can see where you are coming from. You have ALOT of time in this sport and know the ins and outs of not only bodybuilding but how it impacts the other aspects of your life. It can often be a real challenge to find the proper balance. With that said I truely hope to still have you are around the boards. We have such a great group of intelligent guys here and you are an important piece to that puzzle!!
    wise words from someone so young...

Kev, I understand completly the desire to be 100% ready for something or not do it... I'm sure you've looked at every side of the situation and have made the best decision for you and your family and I have a lot of respect for someone who is willing to put aside their passion for whats best for their family.. I know you will probably never be that far away from stage condition, so maybe things will workout.. but regardless, good luck and hope you stick around, I've leared a lot following you and hope to continue to do so..

last

Quote Originally Posted by data4 View Post
    As much as I was looking forward to seeing you do that show I can see where you are coming from. You have ALOT of time in this sport and know the ins and outs of not only bodybuilding but how it impacts the other aspects of your life. It can often be a real challenge to find the proper balance. With that said I truely hope to still have you are around the boards. We have such a great group of intelligent guys here and you are an important piece to that puzzle!!
    Austin nailed it, you are finding the balance in life and placing your health first. I know jason had to do the same thing with his company/clients and his overall health and had to bail from Jr. Nationals. Health only comes once. the stage will always be there.
    2013 & 2014 RX Member of the Year
    2014 RX Muscle September Member of the Month

Gents,
    Thanks for all your comments and support!! I do want to get back on stage again but maybe it's just not in the cards for me. I feel my body is still capable of more gains and I know I can get in stage condition for the Nats within 8 weeks. I've got a ton going on in my life (like we all do) and even if I were to go in and look unbelievable and get a pro card I would never use it. Sure it's a nice thing to have on the wall but bodybuilding has never defined who I am even though I've been training for 32 years. I love training and I love seeing results and pushing myself to my outermost limit. But because I've been doing this for so long my knees are shot, my lower back is bad and it might take its toll on my body if I continued blasting away at this pace.

You guys know me by now and I'm not going to stop posting progress pics . If I CAN balance everything that's going on and still do the Nationals I will. If I don't I will be content with training my ass off and staying in good shape 365 days per year.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    Gents,
    Thanks for all your comments and support!! I do want to get back on stage again but maybe it's just not in the cards for me. I feel my body is still capable of more gains and I know I can get in stage condition for the Nats within 8 weeks. I've got a ton going on in my life (like we all do) and even if I were to go in and look unbelievable and get a pro card I would never use it. Sure it's a nice thing to have on the wall but bodybuilding has never defined who I am even though I've been training for 32 years. I love training and I love seeing results and pushing myself to my outermost limit. But because I've been doing this for so long my knees are shot, my lower back is bad and it might take its toll on my body if I continued blasting away at this pace.

You guys know me by now and I'm not going to stop posting progress pics . If I CAN balance everything that's going on and still do the Nationals I will. If I don't I will be content with training my ass off and staying in good shape 365 days per year.

Kevin
    Kevin you know I have nothing but respect for you and what you have accompolished with your physique. Once you mention family, family comes first! For some of the younger guys that don't know but when you have a wife and kids your life takes on another meaning; THEY COME FIRST!!!! I know that you live the lifestyle 24/7 and you can keep doing that. When you step on stage everything has to be right and if you can't focus 100% on that (esp at the level you are competing at) your doing it half assed and I know that when it comes to BBing you don't do it half assed!!! Just because this year isn't working out doesn't mean you won't ever step on stage again. I had to back out of my show for personal reasons. I thought about all the hard work and dieting that I have done and it sickens me that I can't compete at the end of August. You know what there is always next year and next year will bring a better Kevin Couch and John and everyone else that lives the BBing lifestyle.

Kevin,
    Sorry to hear that you won't be stepping on stage. I must say that I am continually impressed with your attitude of "life and family first, Bodybuilding second". Its a big inspiration for a young buck like myself to see someone balance the two when, especially at my age, it easy to get "carried away". I have no doubt that you will continue to look downright insane year round abd train your balls off

All the best,
    -Jordan

#1 Rx Muscle "Trader Joe's Employee" lksurf2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cobe16 View Post
    Kevin,
    Sorry to hear that you won't be stepping on stage. I must say that I am continually impressed with your attitude of "life and family first, Bodybuilding second". Its a big inspiration for a young buck like myself to see someone balance the two when, especially at my age, it easy to get "carried away". I have no doubt that you will continue to look downright insane year round abd train your balls off

All the best,
    -Jordan
    agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinCouch View Post
    P,
    Thanks buddy for your words. Means a lot. Health is always a factor for me. U know how I feel about that and you feel the same way. I have not had any recent health problems that would prohibit me from competing. But I do sometimes think to myself what if I actually did "run" all the stuff these National level competitors are running how good I would be. It's a combination of things, one is my family is so concerned about my health that the support would not be there if I decided to compete. I am VP of Marketing/OPS of a company that currently is undergoing some transition so a lot of stress there too.

All this said, I keep myself in shape all year long and my training isn't letting up at all so I believe if I can find a way to balance all of this out, I could still prep for 8 weeks and bring it.

Thanks again buddy.
    I have to disagree, more stuff would not make you more competitive. You have to consider the age of the typical Nat competitor. As far as Masters Nats, you should have a pro card. We both know that Masters is about how many time you are willing to subject yourself to their whims, "pay your dues" to the point of judges saying, Heyy Kev, move over there bro...and having a high profile trainer to promote you. You have an incredible physique.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920