Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HumaPro vs Whey

Quote Originally Posted by retwa View Post
    Many people say lots of stupid things, that doesn't mean you should listen.

Whey is a 1.0 on the PDCAAS (which is the standard for measuring quality of protein sources for humans, not the "NNU" as ALRI says), and it also contains protein fractions like lactoferrin that can help with growth, recovery, and immune function.
    I only use whey when I have to because of convenience. Sometimes its a lot easier to throw two scoops of whey in a shaker with water and down it than it is to eat chicken breast, but I still limit my whey to two shakes a day. HumaPro offers the same convenience, 2 scoops in water and down it. If ALR is right saying that 1 scoop of humapro is the same protein utilization as 1 scoop whey iso then 90 scoops for $45 bucks is a good deal. Most good whey iso's are like $60 buck for 80 servings, give or take

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBeast05 View Post
    If ALR is right saying that 1 scoop of humapro is the same protein utilization as 1 scoop whey iso then 90 scoops for $45 bucks is a good deal. Most good whey iso's are like $60 buck for 80 servings, give or take
    They are totally wrong here. First of all, humapro is not a complete protein source like whey....I mean, this is obvious to anyone who cares to read the ingredients label. Compare the amino acid content to the AA profile found in a scoop of whey. Second, their "NNU" method for determining protein quality is flawed, dated, and not used by anyone but ALRI.

I agree that it's best to limit any type of supplemental protein to maybe 2-4 servings a day, including whey. The reason for this is that supplement companies (and ALRI especially) are known for producing products that aren't incredibly pure or high quality...many are contaminated with heavy metals, and you don't want to be relying on them excessively for this reason.

Well humapro is an EAA product.The difference with a complete protein source is that it hasn't to be broken down into amino acids in the gut,this might benefit someone with digestive problems,swithing also from whey without any change in diet will provide less calories aka weight loss.It is just that simple,like every other EAA product.What's wrong is ALRI trying to push it like the next big thing and there loose its credit imo to the serious user..EAA products are not bad just no better or worse than a complete protein source

What ingredients list are you reading? It contains 8 amino acids from what I can see.
    Yes, you are right...it does not contain all 22 Essential and Nonessential aminio acids...I was mistaken. But it does contains 11 of them (which ends up being a mixture of essential & nonessential AA).

Here is the label I am reading from and you can count and see that there are 11 separate amino acids listed as the very first ingredients.

HPDrink-IngredientsPanel.jpg

My only real point in posting this was to correct your statement that all that Humapro is is another BCAA product which it is not. BCAA's are JUST leucine, valine, and isoleucine, which Humapro contains, but it also contains a mixture of other aminos making it an Essential Amino Acid product.

ALR's product, "Chain'd Out"...now THAT is strictly a BCAA supplement containing just the 3 branched chanin aminos.

But yes, I agree with you and adpolice above that the product is nothing special and how it is marketed is misleading. But then again this is the bodybuilding/supplement industry so what do you expect??
    Last edited by Dre23; 04-08-2012 at 06:46 AM.

OLYMPIAN

humapro all day, keeps me full, no water retention, I only eat five meals a day and replaced my pre and pwo shake with humapro for about a year and half now, i will never go back to whey. I have said this in other sections FOR MY BODY whey is poison thats including expensive whey isolates... whole food and aminos is 100x better for me..... if you dont believe it try it for two weeks....

I have pure whey Isolate of the Highest quality(unflavoured) mixed with a flavored amino supplement, theres perfection right there.

Huma pro was a custom blend from Ajimoto if I can recall, it is just high quality amino acids, that are plant derived-if you go onto the manufacturers website, they state that aminos from dairy (whey) are superior to their amino acids!!!! Nothing like some good old fashioned corporate honesty there.

Quote Originally Posted by AVBG View Post
    The only thing that stops me using humapro is the excessive cost.. I wonder If I can get it shipped via orbit nutrition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your math is faulty.

Serving for serving, Humapro cost is virtually identical to whey.

For those that are trashing Humapro based on whatever numbers they are choosing to trust (I say "choosing" because statistics can be used to prove or disprove damn near anything), I ask this:

Have you TRIED it?

I've been using HP since May of 2010 and LOVE it. I think I've bought a total of 2 or 3 tubs of whey in the last almost 2 years...only then buying it for taste (I LOVE whey in my oatmeal!!!).

I've gained muscle and stayed leaner at a higher bodyweight than anytime prior. My eating habits (macros, timing) are largely similar...HP is the only major nutritional change that I have made in that time.

What i want to say is that i have used it during cutting and it helped because i get a little bloat from even the best isolates but i've used also animal nitro(which is Universal's EAA product)and it was the same just like every other EAA product.During bulking i like more a complete protein for the cals since i don't care for a little water retention.On the other hand i have a friend who used concetrate up to a week before competing and he already had the paper thin skin..There is just no comparison.It is like comparing apple and oranges,beef and turkey...

Lots of bodybuilder probably tend to over-consume proteins...cut some of that out and replace it with an amino supp like humapro and it's no surprise why you might notice you are a bit leaner.

Lots of bodybuilder probably tend to over-consume proteins...cut some of that out and replace it with an amino supp like humapro and it's no surprise why you might notice you are a bit leaner.
    This is why I wondering if switching to Humapro instead of whey would be better. I do think sometimes we consume more protein than we need to. So if you drink two whey shakes a day, then replace those with two HumaPro shakes sure your calories drop but I'm wondering if it's gonna to make a huge difference in muscle retention or growth. I want feedback from people who have done this

all ALRI products are now produced in cGMP and NSF certified facilities.

i've been using HumaPro since it came out (early adopter and wanted to put the claims to the test). no bloat, no GI issues, no terrible protein farts. i still eat just as much in whole food proteins (if not more), recovery is better, endurance is better...i haven't had one issue with it--ever.

i use HumaPro 25-30mins before 4 of my 6 meals a day. i have been nothing but happy.

how can you knock it before you try it? for all of the glowing reviews out there you get a few that aren't really negative, but might say something along the lines of, "It worked, but I could live with or without it." personally, HumaPro and Chain'd Out are my staples.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshe View Post
    all ALRI products are now produced in cGMP and NSF certified facilities.

i've been using HumaPro since it came out (early adopter and wanted to put the claims to the test). no bloat, no GI issues, no terrible protein farts. i still eat just as much in whole food proteins (if not more), recovery is better, endurance is better...i haven't had one issue with it--ever.

i use HumaPro 25-30mins before 4 of my 6 meals a day. i have been nothing but happy.

how can you knock it before you try it? for all of the glowing reviews out there you get a few that aren't really negative, but might say something along the lines of, "It worked, but I could live with or without it." personally, HumaPro and Chain'd Out are my staples.
    I just started taking N Gorge, HumaPro & Chain'd out around my workouts and the pumps I've been getting are outstanding! Nothing else in my diet has changed at all and I'm 8 weeks out. I know something is working! I am still drinking 2 whey shakes a day though, but am on the fence if I want to replace them with HumaPro or not

TEAM CUTLER, Chem Forum Leader Sandpig's Avatar

I use HumaPro for at least 50% of my protein intake. At 47 I have actually gained some size recently. And that ain't easy for me to do.

And if you buy it from Lockout it comes out to only 50 cents per serving.

If anyone tries it, follow the directions.

BTW, a new orange flavor was just released this week.
    CutlerAthletics.com

CutlerNutrition.com

TEAM CUTLER, Chem Forum Leader Sandpig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AVBG View Post
    The only thing that stops me using humapro is the excessive cost.. I wonder If I can get it shipped via orbit nutrition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I assume you say that because you are in Australia and the shipping kills you? Or are you buying from someone down there and they are raping you?
    CutlerAthletics.com

CutlerNutrition.com

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast