Default Lasix for contest prep

I am competing in a show in 10 days and am considering using Lasix in the drying out process. I could not get dyazide. I can get Lasix tabs at 20mg/tab. How should they be taken prior to the contest? Dosage, timing and such. I am a heavyweight bodybuilder.

Thanks for any advices

OLYMPIAN

Terrible idea, especially w/ so much time left. I did the same only via injectable Lasix and was rushed to the hospital where i suffered cardiac arrest. I was in a coma for 11 days and now am the proud owner of a pacemaker at 41 years old.

Supbro, I am not planning on starting the use of them until the day before the show. Also I have used injectable before for my last show with good results. I just dont have access to injectable.

Forum Leader: Contest Prep Scoobysnacks's Avatar

I dont advise lasix at all. if shit goes south you dont know if its bc your potassium is to low or your sodium or both since this type pull from both. If you cant get diazide id just manipulate my water like this:

3 gallons mon & tues
    Weds & Thurs 2.5 gallons
    Friday 3/4 gallon done by 7pm for sips as needed

you will dry right out and if "on" increase arimidex the final week to 2mg that shit dries out better than aromasin no doubt.

This in conjunction with an OTC water pill like Xpel started weds i promise you will be dry and not risk your health using a loop diuretic.
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

The reason the body can't react fast enough with retaining the water after you've depleted is due to the aldosterone produced (or stop producing) by your adrenal glands....and of course renin plays a big role also!

Aldosterone is a hormone that increases the reabsorption of sodium ions and water and the release (secretion) of potassium.

Renin is a peptide hormone that is secreted by the kidneys.

Renin Basically helps mediate extra cellular fluid volume and also acts as a vasoconstrictor.

When you drink very high amounts like 6 to 8 liters/day, your brain is screeming to your kidneys and adrenal glands to stop producing renin and aldosterone (among many, many other compounds!) because the cells are completely saturated and in danger of intoxicating themselves (or drowning) so when you stop drinking the water and are still pissing like a race horse, you start depleting those same cells that were full,so now because you stopped taking in the sodium, and the fact the the body basicaly shut down aldosterone and renin production, there is nothing to hold the water from leaving your body, it usualy takes 18 to 24hrs for your body to correct it self either way, to hold or to excrete fluid, hence the window of opportunity big daddy mentioned at the start of this thread.

So when you are taking in the junk food, the cells will basically fill up on anything...so your body will shuttle salt, carbs, fats and some of the fluid that occurs naturally in food right into your muscles because of their extremely depleted state.

There is a hierarchy of how your body will store water.

This is a VERY abbreviated list from most important to least for our body in the context of this discussion.

I will post a thread on the importance of water from an article I found that I think is excelent!

1- Most important are the vital organs and brain, your body will ALWAYS make sure it saves fluids for these systems as without them your are dead! LOL

2- Central nervous system, electro messages being sent to all the cells in our bodies.

3- Muscle dexterity and fullness, basically the fluids that makes up 60% to 70% of it's from and mass.

4- Sub Q, what the body stores in between the inner layer of the skin and outer layer of muscle tissue.

4- So in essence when your depleted as long as your body deems it has enough fluids to take care of the other 3 functions, you should some in dry and ripped!

3- But if you over do it, your body will make sure it as enough for the top 2 functions, but then you will come in flatter than a pancake and look like shit! Your muscles will flatten out and you on top of bieng flat you also look smaller!

2- So if you continue to "over do it" like abusing diuretics your body will maintain the top priority! so what can and more than likely happen is electrolytes are WAY fucked up and muscles star to cramp or lock up because the proper messages can't be relayed to the muscles.

1- If you further deplete water, then you are dead! as the organs and brain will shut down permanently!

So there you have it, my own little explanation of what happens when you start dropping fluids and how your body reacts.

Of course there are millions of other actions and reactions that could be added to this discussion but this is how I can explain and understand all of it also! lol

Hope you find this info useful.

Team Provo, Chem Moderator Provo82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post
    I dont advise lasix at all. if shit goes south you dont know if its bc your potassium is to low or your sodium or both since this type pull from both. If you cant get diazide id just manipulate my water like this:

3 gallons mon & tues
    Weds & Thurs 2.5 gallons
    Friday 3/4 gallon done by 7pm for sips as needed

you will dry right out and if "on" increase arimidex the final week to 2mg that shit dries out better than aromasin no doubt.

This in conjunction with an OTC water pill like Xpel started weds i promise you will be dry and not risk your health using a loop diuretic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo89 View Post

The reason the body can't react fast enough with retaining the water after you've depleted is due to the aldosterone produced (or stop producing) by your adrenal glands....and of course renin plays a big role also!

Aldosterone is a hormone that increases the reabsorption of sodium ions and water and the release (secretion) of potassium.

Renin is a peptide hormone that is secreted by the kidneys.

Renin Basically helps mediate extra cellular fluid volume and also acts as a vasoconstrictor.

When you drink very high amounts like 6 to 8 liters/day, your brain is screeming to your kidneys and adrenal glands to stop producing renin and aldosterone (among many, many other compounds!) because the cells are completely saturated and in danger of intoxicating themselves (or drowning) so when you stop drinking the water and are still pissing like a race horse, you start depleting those same cells that were full,so now because you stopped taking in the sodium, and the fact the the body basicaly shut down aldosterone and renin production, there is nothing to hold the water from leaving your body, it usualy takes 18 to 24hrs for your body to correct it self either way, to hold or to excrete fluid, hence the window of opportunity big daddy mentioned at the start of this thread.

So when you are taking in the junk food, the cells will basically fill up on anything...so your body will shuttle salt, carbs, fats and some of the fluid that occurs naturally in food right into your muscles because of their extremely depleted state.

There is a hierarchy of how your body will store water.

This is a VERY abbreviated list from most important to least for our body in the context of this discussion.

I will post a thread on the importance of water from an article I found that I think is excelent!

1- Most important are the vital organs and brain, your body will ALWAYS make sure it saves fluids for these systems as without them your are dead! LOL

2- Central nervous system, electro messages being sent to all the cells in our bodies.

3- Muscle dexterity and fullness, basically the fluids that makes up 60% to 70% of it's from and mass.

4- Sub Q, what the body stores in between the inner layer of the skin and outer layer of muscle tissue.

4- So in essence when your depleted as long as your body deems it has enough fluids to take care of the other 3 functions, you should some in dry and ripped!

3- But if you over do it, your body will make sure it as enough for the top 2 functions, but then you will come in flatter than a pancake and look like shit! Your muscles will flatten out and you on top of bieng flat you also look smaller!

2- So if you continue to "over do it" like abusing diuretics your body will maintain the top priority! so what can and more than likely happen is electrolytes are WAY fucked up and muscles star to cramp or lock up because the proper messages can't be relayed to the muscles.

1- If you further deplete water, then you are dead! as the organs and brain will shut down permanently!

So there you have it, my own little explanation of what happens when you start dropping fluids and how your body reacts.

Of course there are millions of other actions and reactions that could be added to this discussion but this is how I can explain and understand all of it also! lol

Hope you find this info useful.
    2 great posts

Quote Originally Posted by Provo82 View Post
    2 great posts
    I don't always get technical. But when I do, I prefer long winded answers.

RX MEMBER

Supbro, very sorry to hear that. Can you give us any details to help figure out how others can avoid this? Like, how many injections you took, how many mg Lasix per injection, how you injected it (into muscle or vein), and how fast you injected it? Do you know what caused cardiac arrest, or what your potassium & sodium levels were in the ER? Did you have some relevant pre-existing condition?

Lasix IV infusion is supposed to be no more than 4mg per minute, so a 20mg injection should take at least 5 minutes.

OLYMPIAN

It was injected sub q, approximately a half of a c.c and pharmaceutical grade. I couldn't tell you the strength. What I can tell you is i I was in ambulance about 45 minutes later. Happened over 10 years ago.